Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,880 Member
    I like the voice over in the Snowy Escape trailer. I watched the video again just to focus on the narration and still don't get it. She sounds friendly and excited about having us discover her world.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I like the voice over in the Snowy Escape trailer. I watched the video again just to focus on the narration and still don't get it. She sounds friendly and excited about having us discover her world.
    There is unpopularity on this? I thought she sounded fine.
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I don't think Lifestyles are going to be as game changing as most people think. They just look like quirks from Get Famous. Oh is your always a sim exercising? Take this lifestyle trait that gives random buff that makes a sim happy or uncomfortable if you made the exercise or not. Has your sim mastered cooking and eats nothing but excellent meals because they have no choice otherwise? Take this lifestyle trait that makes then uncomfortable if the don't eat an excellence meal or makes them happy if they do. I hope this is not the case.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020

I have no problems with the voice over. I thought it was cute...

The overly enthusiastic "Yay" when the sim became surged though that I found a bit over the top and childish. :D
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I don’t care about the skin tone update and skin tones in general I’ve never seen what the issue is.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Simmers who own all expansions and still complain the game's boring.

I have 4 EPs, 3GPs and a handful of stuff packs and find plenty to do.
  • Options
    randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    My unpopular opinion is that I am glad there were no hotels with Island Living pack. I also don't really care if we never get hotels either, but if we do eventually get hotels, there will be no hotels in Sulani in my game. It's a mermaid only world for me, because its the only world suited to them.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    My unpopular opinion: I'm very blind when it comes to Sim attractiveness and fashion. Unless you intentionally make them as hideous and malformed as possible with intentionally bad fashion decisions, I'll think all of your Sims are good-looking. After all, it's the personality that counts the most. :)

That also makes me not want much more CAS content. The options I have perfectly suit me and my needs, and while more is always nice, it's not like I need them.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My favorite part of the gameplay trailer is when the voice says, "Yay!" And I don't mind voiceovers in general in trailers. Definitely unpopular opinions! :)

I don't like snow in the game.

I think EA builds are fine. I think the gamechangers' builds are fine too.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    - I never got the hype around seasons, it's very much a background pack in my game. It's there and I guess I like having weather and seasons but I've always felt like its just something in the background of the game, I don't really see it as being a proper pack. It's just an improvement to the base game and that's it, in my opinion it should've been a game pack at most.

- I hate fake buildings in the playable area with a passion. Rabbitholes are a billion times better.
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I like the shell houses. Not in lieu of buildable lots, but they improve my immersion when playing the game.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I play the game to escape real life. I don't want drama in my game. I could do without Seasons and Parenthood. I have several saves I play with some packs disabled. I really enjoy just playing the game without the game telling me how or when to do something. I really enjoy the game the way it is but I am glad I can use cheats and mods to make it my game. I wish I could have the build/buy of some packs and without the game play it adds. The debug and live edit objects from the SW pack are amazing addons for rundown builds or post apocalyptic world.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited November 2020
    The Sims team should focus less on Diversity™ pandering marketing scheme (easy $$$) and focus more on the depth of the games.

I also dont believe Sims 5 will be any better if they keep the same team.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    I love the Journey to Batuu Star Wars pack and wish a Star Wars expansion pack would be next(-ish), kinda like there were already eco living themes in Laundry Day, Island Living, and Tiny Living before team Maxis went all out in the Eco Lifestyle expansion pack so while we got a GP now, an EP themed on the original trilogy would be awesome. Or a Star Trek pack, that would work too.
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited November 2020
    School for the kids is a waste of time, if they're not able to gain skills.
    Post edited by Amj1995 on
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    The Sims team should focus less on Diversity™ pandering marketing scheme (easy $$$) and focus more on the depth of the games.

Agree, I've said something similar before, we've always had the power to create our own diverse/LGBTQ+ sims so I really don't understand why the team (and some in the community) are making such a huge deal out of "official" diversity in the game. Like Is this team so hungry to appeal to the Twitter mob that they'll- Wait, I already know the answer, so I won't even bother finishing that train of thought.

I too hope The Sims 5 will be headed by a different team, one that won't be crawling after woke points.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020

Agree, I've said something similar before, we've always had the power to create our own diverse/LGBTQ+ sims so I really don't understand why the team (and some in the community) are making such a huge deal out of "official" diversity in the game. Like Is this team so hungry to appeal to the Twitter mob that they'll- Wait, I already know the answer, so I won't even bother finishing that train of thought.

I too hope The Sims 5 will be headed by a different team, one that won't be crawling after woke points.

i soo agree with you two, however i think the diversity marketing comes from ea and not from maxis, and i think they'll do the same with ts5.
  • Options
    bellagoth_ wrote: »

i soo agree with you two, however i think the diversity marketing comes from ea and not from maxis, and i think they'll do the same with ts5.

That is another thing I have to wonder about, how many of the decisions are actually mandates by the big wigs at EA? Like I'm not going to pretend that the dev team is entirely helpless here, but still, I have to wonder how much blame belongs to the devs vs the suits.
    You're probably right with the "diversity marketing" with The Sims 5, I hope that by the time it comes out that "diversity pandering" manages to circle back around to "let's make something fun".
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    I mean, the comments you read in official Twitter accounts and promotional material is done by PR, which is almost exclusively mandated by corporate rather than devs themselves. Usually, devs are at the mercy of the higher ups: if the higher ups want a third Star Wars pack, the devs have to make it, even if they personally don't agree with it.

Woke pandering is entirely just corporate marketing, and artworks, trailers, etc. are just content entirely tied to the requests of corporate.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    I mean, the comments you read in official Twitter accounts and promotional material is done by PR, which is almost exclusively mandated by corporate rather than devs themselves. Usually, devs are at the mercy of the higher ups: if the higher ups want a third Star Wars pack, the devs have to make it, even if they personally don't agree with it.

Woke pandering is entirely just corporate marketing, and artworks, trailers, etc. are just content entirely tied to the requests of corporate.

That's true, though you have to worry when you have members of the team who are all for the "woke pandering".
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Options
    Well, you can't tell if they really believe this or if they are mandated by the suits to say this (though it's far more likely the latter). Just know that most of it is simply PR, they want to just sell you their product.

I don't like woke pandering whether it's EAxis doing it or Ubisoft putting on a rainbow flag and pretending to care about BLM regardless. It commercializes the cause and tokenizies the minorities as objects for a quick buck. I'm all for minorities, and I'm going to endlessly praise high heavens to how inclusive the Sims community is regarding video games compared to 90% of the rest of the game industry where female players are treated like unicorns or are sexually objectified beyond belief or gay characters in general are nonexistent. There's a difference between being truly inclusive and welcoming, such as the ability to make an asexual Sim or a crossdressing man who is accepted in society in the Sims, and just...marketing "hey look at this lesbian couple they're totally cool we're trendy" thing.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    ShachaaiShachaai Posts: 55 Member
    I don't want cars or other transport objects to be any sort of focus in upcoming packs. I just don't see the point of cars: a good few lots don't have access to roads, routing off-road would be a nightmare, and what's the point of a car in mostly closed worlds? You have to go through a loading screen just to go to the lot/apartment next door, where's the joy in getting in a vehicle to waste a few more sim hours crossing a tiny neighbourhood where you'll have to go through a loading screen to get to another lot anyway? Getting on a watercraft is just as bad, because you've got the extra nonsense of needing to swim out to it, get your sim on it (and get them to stay on it), and either the water you're travelling over is too small for it to have been worth the effort (just swim; it's quicker), or. There's nowhere with any real value to go on the craft.

Additionally, I hate most of the off-lot neighbourhood spaces in this game. For the most part, it's just reams of empty space for my sim to have to run - or swim - through - especially with Seasons installed, because a lot of the wild plants will be out of season. Sulani is the worst example of this. Yes, Sulani's neighbourhoods are beautiful, but what's the point in me taking a sim all around the waters in a boat? The little islands in the neighbourhood have nothing to do on them, and my sim gets no benefit from the experience. I can get the same experience by just panning my camera around for a bit whilst my sims are busy doing more productive things.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top