Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    Not sure how unpopular the opinion is, but I think they should have released the more fantasy stuff in big expansions, not gamepacks.

As it is we just get small samples of magic, star wars, jungle adventures and supernatural creatures. Many of these things where done better and where far more detailed in past games that also had them. I hate how anything that's not boring real life stuff save for unrealistic careers has been watered down.

Expansions are always optional after all. As it is, I have most gamepacks but skipped most big expansions. I mean, why the heck is recycling a big expansion? That barely qualifies as a game pack.
    Some expansions I might get on sale, like summer vacation and university. But both seem rather meh compared to what previous sims games did with the same concept. It does not improve on it at all.

• Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    I am a huge proponent of DLC for DLC. A pack shouldn't be a developmental dead-end for the ideas it introduces to the game.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I dislike Slice Of Life mod. As a huge mod addict I've tried it several times in different configurations as it's always praised so highly, but I feel most of its parts are cheaty and overpowered/unbalanced each time.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    I dislike Slice Of Life mod. As a huge mod addict I've tried it several times in different configurations as it's always praised so highly, but I feel most of its parts are cheaty and overpowered/unbalanced each time.

I've heard of that mod, what's it like?
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member

I've heard of that mod, what's it like?

https://www.patreon.com/posts/slice-of-life-4-23514284
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020

I used for it for quite a while but I only really liked it for the facial appearances. I stopped using it after the last update and I’m not missing it. It got to weird for me. I know people praise it for the personalities but for me I didn’t like them. They made my sims obsesses over things like pictures on walls. I also was sick of all the text spam and it also kept a lot of my sims being chubby.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

I used for it for quite a while but I only really liked it for the facial appearances. I stopped using it after the last update and I’m not missing it. It got to weird for me. I know people praise it for the personalities but for me I didn’t like them. They made my sims obsesses over things like pictures on walls. I also was sick of all the text spam and it also kept a lot of my sims being chubby.

Ah, is that why my sims can't stop admiring their art...
  • Options
    Duvelina wrote: »

Ah, is that why my sims can't stop admiring their art...

Possibly. I noticed it quite a lot when I had the mod. It's stopped now that I've removed it.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Harukotyan I agree with you. I find it sort of annoying. I tried it briefly recently, but my sims were constantly slipping and falling or putting on face masks. I also find the menstrual cycle from SOL annoying because it makes sims on their period look like they have dirty diapers if they go too long without changing their pad or tampon. What’s even worse is that NPCs don’t do anything about their periods, so you see smelly sims all over town.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    - Not sure if this is unpopular, probably not, but nifty knitting shouldn't have been a pack imo. It should've been a feature of a bigger pack (like generations) with lots of stuff for elders rather than just an entire pack around knitting.

- Sims 4 is too quiet, there's very little background noise or ambient noise. I just wanna hear crickets at night and birds in the morning, just something to bring a bit more energy and life in. Also I want music from a speaker to fill a room rather than blaring out my speakers when I pan over it and being basically silent the rest of the time
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I only liked some part of SOL mod like tear building up when Sims is sad or eyebag when they are sleepy other than the mod is overstuffed with features that are annoying.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    Probably unpopular, but I strongly prefer the tone of sims 1 over the cartoony stuff of later expansions that tried too hard to keep things appropriate for a younger audience.

Sims 1 still has the best music, it did some very innovative gameplay stuff we never saw back, it had some dark creepy moments even, and it had a bit more mature content too with alcohol, pie dancers and it was a bit deadlier.
    The series has become more kid friendly while I think something of a 16+ rating would be ideal for a game like this. No sexual content, drugs or such, but there could at least be alcohol, smoking, pie dancers and stuff like that.

Making Magic might still be the best expansion they ever did, and it hurts so much to see "the magic expansion" become less interesting over time. In sims 2 they threw it into apartments which was weird, with sims 3 I did like them adding lots of fantasy stuff in one expansion so was a more valiant effort, but it lacked that secret magic world.

Sims 4 has a secret magic world, but it's empty. There's no interesting magical objects, no actual mage robes or hats, less creative spells.. They managed to make magic boring. The focus on harry potter nonsense did not help either while previous games focused more on classical mages.
    The sims 4's magic pack has been the most disappointing installment of sims 4 for me, other than the base game.
  • Options
    KaitlinMarieKaitlinMarie Posts: 58 Member
    I hate Windenburg and Get Together.
    Laundry Day is one of my favorite packs. I also love Get to Work but I do wish there it was less buggy.
    Supernatural packs tend to be my least favorite.
    Gallery name: Kaitlinxo143
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I feel like Slice of Life makes your characters get sick like every other day requiring you to get vaccinated, which I find the most annoying part? Also, acne breakouts shouldn't be common to this degree; you're taking care of adults well past their pubescent phase, they shouldn't get skin breakouts on this frequent basis unless it's going to insinuate that all Sims have some underlying health condition. And also, yeah, every single female Sim I encountered was smelly which was so...weird?

But aside from that, I'm fine with the mod, I really like the introduction of a bruised up Sim after he lost a fight or a blushing flirty one.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I’ve seen way too many screenshots of those random mean texts from Slice of Life to even consider downloading it.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    I love Slice of Life...after I remove everything I do not want, which are half of the modules.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

Yes, same. I find it very intrusive. I was very interested in acne feature, but NPCs in skin care masks irritated me so much! And I didn't feel other modules added much to my game (or they were intrusive too).
    I've found another acne mod in the end (by Bienchen) and it is ten times better.
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    When starting a new save, I delete all the base game premade sims because I am so sick of looking at them. I wish they were randomized instead.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    I don't like seeing sims from other worlds in themed worlds such as Sulani and Mt. Komorebi. It really ruins the immersion of the world.
  • Options
    I don't like seeing sims from other worlds in themed worlds such as Sulani and Mt. Komorebi. It really ruins the immersion of the world.

Same! I don't mind seeing them on the beach, because I can at least excuse it as them being on a vacation. But seeing them as walk-by's in those neibourhoods just makes my brian short circuit slightly.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    I dislike KawaiiStacie's mods because they are FLUFFY or full of unnecessary features / elements. Although some are customizable, OP buffs and moodlets completely UNBALANCE the game.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member

Absolutely. Especially I hate seeing NPC-role sims like Father Winter or Sages in other worlds. Seeing Simeon and Father Winter in U-Brite outfits at Uni event killed me.
  • Options
    AteezinWonderlandAteezinWonderland Posts: 96 Member
    edited November 2020
    I want Sims to blow up my phone more. I find that the game really shines when the other sims reach out to yours. I don’t know what happened, but I used to receive texts and calls from my Sims friends asking for advice and I loved that feature. But it seemed to be nerfed somehow.

I think they need to:
    a.) make it so that when Sims invite you out, they actually stay on the lot for the event

b.) make it so that Sims do not call your Sim late at night unless it’s an emergency or they’re very close friends

c.) give your Sims more response options and more text prompts

d.)have a tier system— where Sims with higher relationships (good friends and higher) to you reach out more so than Sims who are just friends or acquaintances

e.) stop asking my married sims if they want to go on blind dates with your friends!
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I don't like toddlers!
  • Options
    I want Sims to blow up my phone more. I find that the game really shines when the other sims reach out to yours. I don’t know what happened, but I used to receive texts and calls from my Sims friends asking for advice and I loved that feature. But it seemed to be nerfed somehow.

I think they need to:
    a.) make it so that when Sims invite you out, they actually stay on the lot for the event

b.) make it so that Sims do not call your Sim late at night unless it’s an emergency or they’re very close friends

c.) give your Sims more response options and more text prompts

d.)have a tier system— where Sims with higher relationships (good friends and higher) to you reach out more so than Sims who are just friends or acquaintances

e.) stop asking my married sims if they want to go on blind dates with your friends!

All of the above, I've seen screenshots of all the new "crazy" texts that were added to the game (which I'm certain isn't mod related) yet I have yet to receive one of those new texts, like I get they were "nerfed" so we didn't keep getting the "oh you made friends with x, they're awesome" but to apply it to all texts is just annoying.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top