Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2020
    I don't need an open world, cars, farming, or bunkbeds.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    The idea to add cars to a game with loading screens and no open world, ie no roads, is silly and completely unnecessary.

On top of that, the insistency on cars being a thing in a series that is surprisingly progressive and à jour with the times, signals a severe lack of understanding of what the game is about, which makes me wonder why the game is played at all.

There are plenty of games to play with old fashioned ways of transport; I think the bicycle addition makes for very beautiful play, biking around the pretty neighborhoods.

Cars are environmentally destructive and should be banned in real life. Incorporating them in a game not made for them, where they have no practical or gameplay function, is an unnecessary resource demand.

The game surely must be considered perfect by those who scream for cars; and all the game breaking bugs and deepening of the features, already in the game, must be seen as redundant to fix.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    The idea to add cars to a game with loading screens and no open world, ie no roads, is silly and completely unnecessary.

On top of that, the insistency on cars being a thing in a series that is surprisingly progressive and à jour with the times, signals a severe lack of understanding of what the game is about, which makes me wonder why the game is played at all.

There are plenty of games to play with old fashioned ways of transport; I think the bicycle addition makes for very beautiful play, biking around the pretty neighborhoods.

Cars are environmentally destructive and should be banned in real life. Incorporating them in a game not made for them, where they have no practical or gameplay function, is an unnecessary resource demand.

The game surely must be considered perfect by those who scream for cars; and all the game breaking bugs and deepening of the features, already in the game, must be seen as redundant to fix.

I think most people who want cars want them for the mechanic stuff that previous versions have, where they sit on the driveway and you fix them up, paint them etc and sell for a profit.

That being said, I have no interest in them myself either haha!

For me:

I don't want an attraction system. I do want non-mutual relationships though. THere doesn't seem to be many asking for them but I want them much more than anything else right now haha! Let my sims have unrequited love and let my kids be mad at parents or even dislike parents who love them.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

I'm not to fussed about cars being added in TS4 personally, nothing ever functions well in TS4, the bikes are bad enough but I just wanted to throw this out there. Cars were present in the Sims 2 which was also a game with loading screens and they worked just fine. They had a purpose, sims could maintain them mechanically as a hobby and they could makeout and woohoo in them too. They also just added a little realism to the game. Carpools, school buses, NPC's that didn't teleport onto the lots. I kinda of miss these little details.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I really don't care that animations are recycled. The end result, or just completing the task/goal is what matters to me. When I see comparisons of animations I'll make a note to check because usually it's not apparent or hasn't really registered with me.

I would like to see more animations for some tasks. For example actually adding ingredients while cooking. Collecting ingredients from the fridge or cupboard. Or having to grab a fishing rod from the closet and put it in inventory instead of just pulling it out of an invisible pocket.
    edited September 2020
    I don't care about recycled animations either, they’re all cute anyway. And I liked the idea of pulling out ingredients, I always watched the cooking animation in TS3 with joy, not exactly what is wished for but very well made.

I think quoting a long text is redundant, and disrupting for any reader of the thread, making the thread unnecessary long. There is also no notification for it.
    I would expect a functional adult to be able to form their own words; not talking by using others'.
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Now i’m quoting you @Auroraskies because I think otherwise, in a long thread, if you only reply without the quote some newer readers might not know what the context of it all is. Sometimes I don’t wanna scroll back 20 pages to find what the answer was regarding.
    But maybe i’m misunderstanding what you mean.
    I agree that when someone has written a long post and the next replies to it is just the quote and “agreed”

Also keep in mind that this forum is for all kinds of people and ages not just “functional adults”
    I’m an adult and I don’t function like other adults so your remark kind of annoys me. No offence.

I think quoting a long text is redundant, and disrupting for any reader of the thread, making the thread unnecessary long. There is also no notification for it.
    I would expect a functional adult to be able to form their own words; not talking by using others'.

SignatureSparkly.gif
    This forum is for everone, including me.

And this thread's purpose is stated by the OP, and we are not to comment if we disagree.
    edited September 2020
    Unpopular opinion:

I prefer builds that doesn’t use move objects on. It messes with the routing and can lead to other unforeseen issues, often as a result of the cheat not being understood by the ones using it; and the result is not pretty or good or necessary enough to validate the usage.

I also think it is a bit of an excuse, instead of the challenge of trying to do something within the frame of the game. It is a game after all, although that is less apparant with the sims series.

Builders that use it in their build should clearly mark it if so, on the Gallery.
  • MadaveryMadavery Posts: 4 New Member
    Oh same! I don't like lots with MOO on, unless it's only for the decorations and clutter. Sims aren't the smartest when it comes to routing and I get so frustrated when I download a beautiful lot from the gallery only to spend hours renovating the interior anyway since the sims can't go anywhere because the builder used MOO for everything!

Another thing that may be an unpopular opinion: I don't like too much clutter on lots. Maybe it's because I'm a neat freak myself, but I get so uncomfortable seeing all those stuff just lying on the floor while the sims just pass them by like they're not living in a mess.
    edited September 2020
    I like the pee walk. I have mods to disable all the other weird walk styles but I left the pee walk in my game. :D
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I don't want my game to be darker, more mature, more realistic, or more difficult. I don't want non-mutual relationships or an attraction system. I love that the game has ridiculous things in it like personal rocketships and giant telescopes.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    This thread in for unpopular opinions and not an agree/discussion thread. It is supposed to be a safe place to express opinions without a big discussion or backlash. Quoting others do not send a notification to anyone. IMO There is no reason to quote others here. Opinions should be your own.

Anyway ... I am enjoying the Star Wars pack so far. I think it is a good pack and just like other packs there are elements I don't like but more that I do enjoy. I don't like the game telling me how to play. I want to tell my own story so once I do the aspirations I will not do them again. I will most likely be finished with Batuu. All the buy mode and CAS stuff is good for apocalyptic game play though. Now they need to fix EL so I can make my apocalyptic world stay industrial.
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    I don’t mind loading screens or too much babies as objects, I say more focus on kids and teens please!
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I love the family gameplay in Sims 4. I feel it's the best of the series <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
    I don't enjoy gardening in the Sims 4 because all the plants are the same kind of ugly. They're all just the same shaped bush with different things growing on them.
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    edited September 2020
    Here's mine:
    I like Stuff Packs! To me, they are the "store" of The Sims 4. They are definitely not essencial packs so you can pick the ones that interest you. You get a small amount of gameplay for a small amount of money. :smile:
    he/him
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    I don't want a open world in TS5. I'm playing TS3 again after a while and uh.. it's ok but it's not something that I really need. I'd prefer a world like TS4 or TS2. I want to be able to create neighborhoods again like TS2 and have more space for lots.

I don't care about bunkbeds or babies being free.

I think University is the most boring Sims expansion. I think it's a snoozefest in all the games

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    "positive" people in this forums are the most toxic ones and don't seem to care for the franchise at all, just for their own fun.
    since they're having fun, then who cares about the amount of bugs, the flawed AI, the expensive prices, the reused content etc etc?
    seems like they can't see why so many people is disappointed with the game.

"why are you complaining? omg stop, you're hurting devs feelings. you don't like the sims 4? then make a game yourself. if you hate ts4 so much then why are you on ts4 forums? different opinions? what's that? dude stop complaining smh the game is amazing. why are you so salty? i don't understand the negative feedback, perhaps it's people just whining cuz they didn't get what they wanted, ha. stop asking for x thing to be added to the game because i, me, myself don't want in on MY game- i mean on the game. stop complaining and asking for the game to be good! it's already so good, you're just an uncultured swine. We could also create a New Game Pack Whinge Bingo card. ugh, negative people is so...negative. let's all be positive and dream rainbows and unicorns yay the world is a beautiful place to live in and so is the sims 4! lalalala constructive criticism? i don't know her."

i'm not against all positive people, i'm against positive people that tries to shove down their opinions, excuses anything and tries to silence any other kind of feedback that they disagree with.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    as for the game hmm... despite its terrible AI and lack of stories for the townies like in ts2, i think some few ts4 premades are as good as ts2 ones, but they lack the stories that links them to the world they're in. in ts4, premades are kind of..there, with no playable backstory whatsoever.
  • TralhasTralhas Posts: 1 New Member
    I hate how the game looks silly and the sims always happy. I want drama.
    I don't care about vampires, aliens, mermaids and magic. I want more meaningful interactions.
    EVERY career,activities and interaction are shallow.
    I hate how Sims doesn't really learn anything you do with them, no matter how many times i play them. Exemple: I have a sim that is a master gardener. She made a fortune growing Orchids and selling them. She has a store where she sells expensive flower arranges. But when I am not playing her... she is just a stupid npc doing stupid things... It's annoying seeing a sim that you invested so much time acting as 🐸🐸🐸🐸 as other npcs...
    Parties and all events doesn't work at all...
    I can't play this game without mods. MCC is essential to fix part of the stupidness of the game.

Actually, I don't know why I've been playing this game for so long...
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    Spooky Stuff is awesome! :D
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    "positive" people in this forums are the most toxic ones and don't seem to care for the franchise at all, just for their own fun.
    since they're having fun, then who cares about the amount of bugs, the flawed AI, the expensive prices, the reused content etc etc?
    seems like they can't see why so many people is disappointed with the game.

I wouldn't call people toxic for having an opinion. People like what they like and if they enjoy the game with all the bugs and awful design choices that the game has then that's perfectly up to them. Are these people good for the franchise? Definitely not because it teaches EA that they can release what ever rubbish they want and people will just throw their money at it no matter what or how bad it is. I was one of these people for a while but I've wised up since the Star Wars pack was announced. I have quit playing the Sims 4 now completely and it isn't because of the Star Wars pack, it's because I've realized that the quality that was present in all the previous versions of this franchise is completely missing from the Sims 4. I don't know what happened between TS3 and TS4 with the development team but something has gone completely pear shaped at EA/Maxis, it's like they just don't care about the quality anymore and it's sad. :/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top