Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Snowy Escape: Nov. 2020

Comments

• Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    No, it would destroy my saves. (I mean, I guess I could make a test save, but I know I’ll forget and open my main save by accident...) I downloaded the tailor career from the same post, and it’s working perfectly.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    simsmodelsimmer's Set Family Relationships (+No romance for family) Mod is broken. I tested with only it in my mods folder (with localthumbcach deleted). There are some weird options given by the mod and then a big error when trying to save (it refuses to save).

I can't contact simsmodelsimmer on patreon right now, but if anyone can, I would appreciate letting them know :)

Here's all my screenshots and the last exception error if it helps.
    LE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VAPBcTqR2xa1C7C_8Go8zJJi5WMf1dZQ/view?usp=sharing

I'm pretty sure it didn't have the option to remove family relationship if they didn't actually have a relationship before the patch? These two sims are only acquaintances and not actually related.
    5JOtvwq.png
    When remove is clicked, all relationships show, even when given just one relationship. (In this instance, I set the vampire as the toddler's ancestor. It DID correctly show on the sims profile.
    fBUDmgw.png
    Also, as you see in the remove relationship, all of the set relationships have double option to click. As far as I have tried, they seem to add the same trait, but there are two of them to click.
    mgmu4Kz.png
    Here's the big one. It does not save the game when the mod is added!
    gWZ9mkG.png
    I tried to find information on goggle about this error, but nothing much came up. Hopefully the LE is more useful to find the problems.

Thank you
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    AmiranneAmiranne Posts: 5 New Member
    I've updated all of my mods, and for some reason the friendship and romantic relationship are going up extremely fast. Like after doing 3 or 4 friendly interactions, they're nearly best friends, and the same with the romantic ones.
    Is anyone else having this issue?
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    @w
    Wyrren wrote: »
    simsmodelsimmer's Set Family Relationships (+No romance for family) Mod is broken.

I have this mod in my game as well since yesterday, I only used it to set the relationship bewteen son in law/mother in law beause the mother of his wife had some innapropriate thoughts about him XD And so far I didn't encounter any issues, it show the relationship correctly. Maybe the issue is when removing the relationship...I found creator's tumblr and messaged him about this and linked to this post :)

Amiranne wrote: »
    I've updated all of my mods, and for some reason the friendship and romantic relationship are going up extremely fast. Like after doing 3 or 4 friendly interactions, they're nearly best friends, and the same with the romantic ones.
    Is anyone else having this issue?
    I think it is an issue now, I have seen people complaining about it all over the place... I use MCCC to slower relationship gain anyway, so I hope it will be useful to combat this annyoing issue...

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Thirty-seven more updates from Bienchen on 15 Nov.:

https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/update-15-november-2020/

hikingincreasesherbalism
    viewinsectsincreasesherbalism
    townieoverhaul_lessfame
    pboxupdated_usemoreingredients
    pboxupdated_usemoreingredients_version2
    noautonomousphone
    bookcaseandstoragechestdontshareinventory
    clubdancertweak
    congratulatemore
    deathofsimreactiontweak
    deepconversation
    extendedinvitationsoverhaul
    freelancereditsmoresuccessful
    gardeningfix
    investmenttweak
    invitationsoverhaul
    justfriendstweak
    lesseldersatlounge
    lessjealous
    loveemailtweak
    moreaskwhathappened
    moredonate
    nakedfootfountain
    normalhugisnocrassact
    opencapsulefrominventory
    pregnantsimscandomore
    prioritywellnessactions
    privacytweak
    reviveplanttweak
    romanceforsignificantother_ta
    schooltweak
    simpleflirtisnocrassact
    sitatweddings
    smallpregnancyoverhaul
    swimmingisfunandhygienic
    swimmingisfunandhygienic_nofatloss
    ungreetedbidgoodbye

And three obsolete mods:
    sharedeaththoughts (MM-032)
    simsvomitmore (MM-101)
    vacationwedding (OR-04)
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I'm suddenly encountering problems with Zero's University mods (need a degree for promotion) - the mod doesn't recognize anymore that my Sims already have the degree in question...

https://www.patreon.com/posts/discover-mods-35031092

Perhaps someone who's a patreon can tell them.
  • Options
    kfortikforti Posts: 210 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I'm suddenly encountering problems with Zero's University mods (need a degree for promotion) - the mod doesn't recognize anymore that my Sims already have the degree in question...

Zero's patreon is free for all mods
    I have no wishlist as I own the store....when I accumulate enough sim points I will be back to gift more people :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2020
    @sedef53 They haven't posted that they are. (But thank you for the name - I'm now following them on Tumblr!)
    Thanks @WildIrishBanshee ! Also that is a terrifying toddler
    @simgirl542 Got it on p. 1 :)
    @semitragicomical @HenriettaStrife I just tested with an updated trait and it didn't block the Sim Profile or stop Sentiments from developing. I would suggest a 50-50 to find the culprit trait(s).
    @Dakota88 If you can see the Sim Profile, the trait is probably fine. A sure way to test if Sentiments are developing and then showing up is to build Sims up through mean actions and then have them fight.
    @DarkAudit Are you looking for modding advice? I'd head to Discord for that. There are people on both Deaderpool's server and at Creator Musings who are active now.
    @Wyrren Thanks for that report! And thanks, @Yautjagirl !
    Thanks @loubyloulou !

Broken Mods
    • Set Family Relationships (+No romance for family) Mod (simsmodelsimmer) - seems to set relationships okay but break when removing them

Not Actually Broken
    • ATICAS (All Traits in CAS) (Eunola)

Mod Updates
    Mod Updates from Bienchen
    • hikingincreasesherbalism
    • viewinsectsincreasesherbalism
    • townieoverhaul_lessfame
    • pboxupdated_usemoreingredients
    • pboxupdated_usemoreingredients_version2
    • noautonomousphone
    • bookcaseandstoragechestdontshareinventory
    • clubdancertweak
    • congratulatemore
    • deathofsimreactiontweak
    • deepconversation
    • extendedinvitationsoverhaul
    • freelancereditsmoresuccessful
    • gardeningfix
    • investmenttweak
    • invitationsoverhaul
    • justfriendstweak
    • lesseldersatlounge
    • lessjealous
    • loveemailtweak
    • moreaskwhathappened
    • moredonate
    • nakedfootfountain
    • normalhugisnocrassact
    • opencapsulefrominventory
    • pregnantsimscandomore
    • prioritywellnessactions
    • privacytweak
    • reviveplanttweak
    • romanceforsignificantother_ta
    • schooltweak
    • simpleflirtisnocrassact
    • sitatweddings
    • smallpregnancyoverhaul
    • swimmingisfunandhygienic
    • swimmingisfunandhygienic_nofatloss
    • ungreetedbidgoodbye

No Longer Needed
    please remove:
    • sharedeaththoughts (Bienchen)
    • simsvomitmore (Bienchen)
    • vacationwedding (Bienchen)

Reported Fine by Creator
    • by simmytime: No/Less City Living/Island Living NPC names

New for the Pack
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    From LittleMsSam:
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/634844446364663808/ups
    Forgot to upload the Small Take Photo Overhaul Update into the Update Post yesterday. It is readded now. And all updated Files are available via SimFilleShare as well now.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    edited November 2020
    I wouldn't even know where to begin with this one:
    50603737791_0494ec7fc3_c.jpg

Looks like she's raising a Dulahan or something given that she has no face.
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
  • Options
    Updated CC
    New for the Pack
  • Options
    DarkAuditDarkAudit Posts: 169 Member
    kforti wrote: »

The mods may be free, but commenting is not.
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    @luthienrising

Posted yesterday:
    ATICAS

We just got reports that ATICAS is in fact broken. It was working for us when we tested but it seems that is not the case now. We already have to update it since the pack dropped yesterday and so while we are working on it we will fix the issue as well. For now please remove ATICAS from your mods folder. We are hoping to have an update ready by Tuesday.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    gettps wrote: »
    @luthienrising

Posted yesterday:
    ATICAS

We just got reports that ATICAS is in fact broken. It was working for us when we tested but it seems that is not the case now. We already have to update it since the pack dropped yesterday and so while we are working on it we will fix the issue as well. For now please remove ATICAS from your mods folder. We are hoping to have an update ready by Tuesday.

That was before the retest. :) It's not broken. I'm sure they'll get to updating that info when they get a chance! We were talking behind the scenes but I don't think our time zones match well :D
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    New for the Pack
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    Yautjagirl wrote: »
    Wyrren wrote: »
    simsmodelsimmer's Set Family Relationships (+No romance for family) Mod is broken.
    I have this mod in my game as well since yesterday, I only used it to set the relationship bewteen son in law/mother in law beause the mother of his wife had some innapropriate thoughts about him XD And so far I didn't encounter any issues, it show the relationship correctly. Maybe the issue is when removing the relationship...I found creator's tumblr and messaged him about this and linked to this post :)
    @Yautjagirl Interesting... thanks for the info! I loaded the save again. Set the vampire as "brother-in-law" to the toddler's father. Saved fine! Next, set vampire as the toddler's "uncle". Saved fine! Removed "uncle". Error popped up and couldn't save. Seems like you're on to something here!

I'm wondering though... Do you also have the double options for set and remove relationships? (like cousin shows up twice, ect) I'm curious if that's just me.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options

Yes, but you can't comment unless you're a patreon. I am not. ;)
  • Options
    That was before the retest. :) It's not broken. I'm sure they'll get to updating that info when they get a chance! We were talking behind the scenes but I don't think our time zones match well :D

Well, it's still breaking sim profiles. So, I'll keep it removed in mine and recommend everyone consider it abandoned then.
  • Options
    @luthienrising Something is definitely blocking my sentiments from developing. Had my Sim be mean to another Sim and then fight, and they started to hate each other, but nothing happened, no sentiment whatsoever developed...

What could it be? I am at a loss.
  • Options
    @gettps Perhaps there's a conflict with another mod? Because I can't replicate that it breaks Sim Profiles.
    @Dakota88 Sounds like time for a 50-50. So far, I haven't been able to replicate any suspects that stop Sentiments from forming.

Mod Update
  • Options
    Modder Update
    Polarbear will be testing her mods after the next patch.
  • Options
    beeke404beeke404 Posts: 24 Member
    So I did a broken mod test using the broken mod detector and it looks like the Sorcerer Mod is broken.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    @gettps Perhaps there's a conflict with another mod? Because I can't replicate that it breaks Sim Profiles.
    @Dakota88 Sounds like time for a 50-50. So far, I haven't been able to replicate any suspects that stop Sentiments from forming.

Definitely not a conflict. I've verified it IS broken. Here's what I did:

Removed ALL mods/cc except for ATICAS. Absolutely everything. (My folder had TWO files ATICAS4.0 and resource.cfg)
    Cleared all cache files.
    Loaded game and started a NEW game.
    Created a new character and gave them one of the new traits.
    Played and had them talk to another sim. (may need to "Get to Know" a few times so the second sim learns of the trait)
    Added that other sim to my household.
    Switched to the other sim and tried to view profile of the sim with the new trait. (profiles broken)

You have to VIEW the profile of a sim that has one of the new traits. Attempting to VIEW the profile of a sim with one of the modified traits will result in a blank profile window once and then fail to open.
  • Options
    kfortikforti Posts: 210 Member
    edited November 2020

Yes, but you can't comment unless you're a patreon. I am not. ;)

Oh sorry I didn't know that... I will copy your issue and comment for you on Zero's Discord ..
    I have no wishlist as I own the store....when I accumulate enough sim points I will be back to gift more people :)
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    gettps wrote: »

Definitely not a conflict. I've verified it IS broken. Here's what I did:

Removed ALL mods/cc except for ATICAS. Absolutely everything. (My folder had TWO files ATICAS4.0 and resource.cfg)
    Cleared all cache files.
    Loaded game and started a NEW game.
    Created a new character and gave them one of the new traits.
    Played and had them talk to another sim. (may need to "Get to Know" a few times so the second sim learns of the trait)
    Added that other sim to my household.
    Switched to the other sim and tried to view profile of the sim with the new trait. (profiles broken)

You have to VIEW the profile of a sim that has one of the new traits. Attempting to VIEW the profile of a sim with one of the modified traits will result in a blank profile window once and then fail to open.

Thanks for the details. I'll pass those on!

Broken After All, Sorry!
    • ATICAS (Eunola)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top