Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A patch, a patch, a patch........I hope....

Comments

• Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Maybe a company who cares more about making money than creating a problem-less game?
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I also crashed and was only in the game for like 20 mins. This was also my test save.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    edited November 2020
    Why does EA release a patch BEFORE a game pack's release rather than after?

I was really looking forward to using the platforms but considering the issues people have been reporting since downloading the patch, I'm not going to risk it.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    I’ve crashed 3 times in an hour :( it’s been so long for me since I’ve had a crashing problem so yeah thanks ea
  • Options
    PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    I can confirm crashes on PS4. 2 crashes before I stop playing, once almost every 20-30 minutes.

I never had crashes before, nor any malfuntioning of any sort (safe for "normal" in-game bugs) and I have almost all DLC installed. I was always able to play for hours without problems.

I really hope to see a fix before Snowy Escape comes out, because it's the pack I was waiting for years, with all that Japan-inspired contents, and I was preparing a new gameplay file...
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    This always happens to my game before a launch. I also wanted to buy Eco Lifestyle at release but that patch made game unplayable, like it was after the DU patch. Now it's happening again for Snowy Escape.

Naturally people have so many repair suggesting for simmers on computers but on console we are sitting ducks....I hate that.
  • Options
    SayNoToGnomesSayNoToGnomes Posts: 44 Member
    Crashed for me just now too, odd because I played most of last night and this morning after installing the new patch with no problems at all.
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    edited November 2020
    Naturally people have so many repair suggesting for simmers on computers but on console we are sitting ducks....I hate that.

☝🏻 This. Exactly. 👏🏻
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    Put in a bug report about the computer use bugs. They moved it to Technical Issues - Console on EA ANSWERS HQ. Also, commented on Bug Report on similar problem where they were asking if it was still occurring.
  • Options
    PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    4 crashes while either in live or build mode and the sound has cut out a couple of times. Very discouraging, I was so looking forward to this pack.
    Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    edited November 2020
    After the new update: I can confirm it crashes when you try to pay the bill at the restaurant, when going on a date. It happened twice when I clicked on "pay bill and end date". Luckily I saved my game before it happened the second time. I play on the PS4. Hope they fix this as soon as possible. :(
    Post edited by JPNeko on
  • Options
    JPNeko wrote: »
    After the new update: I can confirm it crashes when you try to pay the bill at the restaurant, when going on a date. It happened twice when I clicked on "pay bill and end date". Luckily I saved my game before it happened the second time. I play on the PS4. Hope they fix this as soon as possible. :(

This sounds like a variation on the computer use bug that many have been reporting. Something is wrong with the code for that part of the game.
  • Options
    First time playing since the update and my game crashed 15 minutes in. Then again 10 minutes in after that.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    I saw somewhere on the web that one of the SimGurus said they are looking into all of the crashes since the November 10th patch.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    This really makes it look like the PC gamers get more attention then the console gamers.
  • Options
    AteezinWonderlandAteezinWonderland Posts: 96 Member
    This is so unfortunate.

I don’t want to sound pessimistic, but I feel like on the basis of how easy it is for PC/Mac players to provide save files, they might solve it for PC players first. They’re getting the EP at midnight in their respective regions, so it’s probably imperative that the patch is fixed prior to the release of the Snowy Escape, if that makes sense.

It might be a case of console players getting the fix prior to 10amPST tomorrow, or potentially seeing a postponed release, and a lot of apologies.

It’s still early in the day, so I could very well be wrong— and I’d like to be considering how I’m dying to play my current save file. But the lack of communication is rather frustrating. I do empathize with what the QA team is going through, and it’s times like this where I miss SimGuruLegacy. They were such a rockstar when it came to speaking to the console community during past console releases and patches.
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    AteezinWonderlandAteezinWonderland Posts: 96 Member
    edited November 2020

From what I’m gathering, some of the fixes are not ideal and don’t work. I forget that quote from Skyrim, but it goes something like, “we’re all brothers in binds, ah, horse thief?”

At least most of us are stuck in this together, and it’s definitely killing any pre-pack jitters I have.

I absolutely agree with this statement. I think that console is getting their with being equal to our PC brethren, but there are little things that urk me. It appears as though we don’t have a [edit:] designated (not dedicated) Guru for consoles, and I don’t think we have Game Changers for console either. There are little quirks that the game has on console that it’s had for years that are difficult to replicate and be fixed any time soon— i.e. the cursor movement speed spikes.
    Post edited by AteezinWonderland on
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    Kat3oh3Kat3oh3 Posts: 1 New Member
    The new patch doesn't work well with city living. Platforms don't work I can place like a normal lot and I cant place any flooring on them. It made my system crash as well.
  • Options
    TayasimsTayasims Posts: 4 New Member
    I really hope they come out with a patch soon! within the first ten minutes, my game crashes and it's becoming even more frequent
  • Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Consoles have a separate team I believe. One team for consoles and the other for PC. I’m sure that may be why it seems they get more attention. I dunno, someone correct me if I’m wrong. I hope that the issue gets fixed because I preordered the new expansion pack and want the game to work decent without crashing. There was no more crashing until this patch.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I have a save from 2017 that's laggy but I tried a new game and it's so smooth. I wish my old file worked.
    I might save it to the cloud and download it and see if that'll help but I doubt it.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    I won't be playing TS4 until after the fix. I mean, telling players to mute the game so it won't crash as often, maybe? Nah. Guess my partner gets extra time playing AC:V.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    trophy wrote: »
    4 crashes while either in live or build mode and the sound has cut out a couple of times. Very discouraging, I was so looking forward to this pack.

Nick says sound cutting out is one of the reasons the game is crashing. The emergency patch is expected next week.