Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A patch, a patch, a patch........I hope....

Comments

• ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 277 Member
    Yea I'm thinking about starting a new save. The old saves may be permanently corrupted and always have some degree of crashing.
  • Ace150Ace150 Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="Reaganbogan;c-17657608"]Yea I'm thinking about starting a new save. The old saves may be permanently corrupted and always have some degree of crashing. [/quote]

Definitely give that a go. I even downloaded a bunch of my favourite lots from the gallery and I haven’t even experienced any crashes yet. Test your new save and report back if you’re still having crashes. Just make sure you don’t download or create too many households in your new save.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    edited September 2020
    Ace150 wrote: »
    Yea I'm thinking about starting a new save. The old saves may be permanently corrupted and always have some degree of crashing.

Definitely give that a go. I even downloaded a bunch of my favourite lots from the gallery and I haven’t even experienced any crashes yet. Test your new save and report back if you’re still having crashes. Just make sure you don’t download or create too many households in your new save.

That's the problem. EA should be making sure the game is capable of handling whatever we throw at it. If we want to have hundreds of Sims, the game should be able to handle it, especially considering what modern games nowadays can handle in terms of graphics and everything going on at once.

Also, I have noticed lately before the recent patch was released that when Sims watch movies, the progress circle doesn't budge.
    2quwd7.gif

@Ace150 It's not looking good. Started up my new save, messed around in buildmode for 20 minutes and the game crashed while I was scrolling through my library looking for a household to go on a jungle adventure. The screen blacked out then the error code.

@adamclark83 I see no point if I can't build up the worlds and rotate between households. I never have more than 5 played households at a time with under 80 sims in the world.

It does look like an autosave issue. My game is crashing while I'm not doing anything. It crashed on a world map and it crashed scrolling through my library. This is a new save and I have not touched the world besides adding a couple of community lots and redoing 2 apartments.
  • Ace150Ace150 Posts: 5 New Member
    @adamclark83 I absolutely agree. This game has a huge number of bugs that I’ve noticed, there’s too many too name. Not being able to play with more households does sour the experience too. It’s amazing how this is the only game that crashes so frequently out of all the other games that I’ve played. Seriously, the crash reports on my PS4 are full of Sims 4 reports. Honestly though, the crashing has stopped so far since I started a new save with limited households. It’s not ideal but all we can do is stop buying more packs until they fix this mess but that’s not gonna happen because the masses will continue buying more. Complaining to them directly is not doing a whole lot and they don’t have any incentive to fix this game. At least PC has mod support and CC but console plebs are stuck with the option to buy overpriced and underwhelming packs. I heard they bring in more revenue from console players which doesn’t surprise me one bit.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Finnh93 wrote: »
    Hi sorry to dump this here, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to create a topic on this forum (am I dumb)

Anyway reason for this post is to see if anyone else is having the same problem I am, since the last update the right stick on the ps4 controller doesnt work in Create-A-Sim so I cant zoom or rotate my sim, when I press the left stick to bring up the controller layout the right stick doesnt even have anything mapped to it

Even stranger if I am in game and go to edit a live sim then it works fine, its only when creating a new one, has anyone else had this issue, and if so any solution thanks

One of the reasons you cannot, yet, make posts of your own is that you're too new. You have to earn so many points by participating before you can make posts on your own. I gave you an awesome to help boost your points. As for your console problems, I'm very sorry I cannot help you with that. I don't play or even own a console.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I feel as though my game is borderline unplayable now. I have Sims that will freeze up as if waiting for some invisible task to complete. Tasks drop from their queues all the time.

NAPs have too much power, they should not override my commands if autonomy is set to be off I have them selected but it does!

I have Sims waking up in the middle of the night to go harvest the crops in the garden or wake up to do a push up.

The lag oh my gosh the lag!

Anyways anyways..... In trying to remain positive and happy but it's very hard lately. I just want the game I paid a lot of money for work the way it is intended to. That's all.
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Speaking of NAPs. I spent $40 on a pack I cannot use because of this feature which is a major feature of the pack itself. How can they mess this up this bad? I foolishly re downloaded the pack thinking they fixed it and NOPE. Now I have to re download all packs onto my console.

The lag is bad... really bad. It’s not playable at all. Why do we waste our time with such a bad game? I suffer regret from purchasing these packs. I’d have a lot more money if I didn’t.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
    @iamoz96 Awww another console gamer feels my pain. I really don't regret buying the games cause I got lots of joy out of them but that being said they really need to crack down on these bugs and also if the modders can do it why can't they?

Bug fixes > New DLC.
  • SayNoToGnomesSayNoToGnomes Posts: 44 Member
    I was hoping the patch they released before Journey to Batuu was going to be slightly more substantial than it turned out to be. I swear if I find any more future cubes in my sims inventory I'm going to scream.
    edited September 2020
    Why doesn't EA put out a disclaimer for all players? Something like this:

"To all players, for optimal performance of this game please abide by the following:

1. Have as few Sims as possible.
    2. Avoid building highly detailed lots. Keep it plainly simple.
    3. Try to avoid using objects from numerous different packs in your builds.

The console port was originally made for PS3/XBOX360 but we ran out of time. No changes were made to improve performance for release on new consoles.
    "
    Post edited by adamclark83 on
    2quwd7.gif

Why doesn't EA put out a disclaimer for all players:

"To all players, for optimal performance of this game please abide by the following:

1. Have as few Sims as possible.
    2. Avoid building highly detailed lots. Keep it plainly simple.
    3. Try to avoid using objects from numerous different packs in your builds.

The console port was originally made for PS3/XBOX360 but we ran out of time. No changes were made to improve performance for release on new consoles.
    "

Wow! So much for telling our own stories. Thought I could do everything PC players could do besides mods/cc. This completely ruins the game for me.
    edited September 2020
    I'm actually really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off about this. Especially knowing all the "troubleshooting" I did was bs! I see why people create Twitters and go at the devs. The lies the lies smh.

Where is this disclaimer? In all these months I have not seen this on EA's bugs report page.

Edit: When I say "go at the devs" I mean players creating Twitters specifically to show the devs issues in their game. I've recorded some of my crashes and was about to make a Twitter so I could get someone to look at my save file. Now I know that would be another waste of my time.

Knowing the limitations with Sims 4, I waited until enough dlc was released and changed my approach to this version of the game. If live mode gameplay was on par with any of the other Sims games I would be fine with the suggested limitations.
    I would go back to one family per save and never build again. The game is just too dull for me to not build up the worlds and create different households. This is so disappointing. So much for me carrying this over to PS5 if backwards compatibility gets confirmed.

Post edited by Reaganbogan on
    I'm actually really 🌺🌺🌺🌺 off about this. Especially knowing all the "troubleshooting" I did was bs! I see why people create Twitters and go at the devs. The lies the lies smh.

Where is this disclaimer? In all these months I have not seen this on EA's bugs report page.

Edit: When I say "go at the devs" I mean players creating Twitters specifically to show the devs issues in their game. I've recorded some of my crashes and was about to make a Twitter so I could get someone to look at my save file. Now I know that would be another waste of my time.

Knowing the limitations with Sims 4, I waited until enough dlc was released and changed my approach to this version of the game. If live mode gameplay was on par with any of the other Sims games I would be fine with the suggested limitations.
    I would go back to one family per save and never build again. The game is just too dull for me to not build up the worlds and create different households. This is so disappointing. So much for me carrying this over to PS5 if backwards compatibility gets confirmed.

That disclaimer was me being sarcastic but that's the impression I've been getting why the console port doesn't BEHAVE like it was made for PS4/XBOXONE. Not to mention all the bugs, glitches, crashes etc.
    2quwd7.gif

That disclaimer was me being sarcastic but that's the impression I've been getting why the console port doesn't BEHAVE like it was made for PS4/XBOXONE. Not to mention all the bugs, glitches, crashes etc.

Well done! I guess you'd throw up a screengrab if that was official :D

I guess I'm on edge in the console section looking for updates/complaining about my unplayable game.
    I read somewhere where they get the most revenue from consoles. Is that true? Was that here? They must not like money releasing the recent packs and the horrible maintenance on the game. So odd considering EA loves their money.
  • Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    My computer can't handle all the packs that I have so, I uninstalled two expansion packs. That seems to work for me. I don't know if that would solve the problem for you. But before I uninstalled the two expansion packs, my game got very slow, and crashed. Maybe try that. I noticed that some mods also slow down the game.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    @Hallie22 It isn't easy (or even possible?) to uninstall packs from a console. Nor can console players use mods.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    I wish console could use mods... I mean I got this far without them (which is huge considering its the Sims lol) but I do wish we could cause some modders have already fixed so many issues I still have.
    @_natalie It’s easy to uninstall but you have to uninstall all packs by deleting the application on your console. Removing a single pack isn’t easy because of that. Because you have to reinstall all packs you want back in the game and not the ones you don’t. I wish we could use mods honestly.
    Yes, mods would be great but I don't think the community should have to rely on modders and not the game developers to fix game-breaking issues.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    I just had my game kick to the Xbox Home screen when one of my Sims tried to use a computer at work! They need to fix the computer use bug!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited November 2020
    Wrong section! Oops! B)
    Post edited by Simburian on
    edited September 2020
    @Simburian This is the console discussion section.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    _natalie wrote: »
    @Simburian This is the console discussion section.

I noticed that a couple of people lately have commented about PC fixes. I guess they don't see that this is the console section. We can't do mods and we can't mess with the files like PC players can.