Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A patch, a patch, a patch........I hope....

Comments

• Options
    AteezinWonderlandAteezinWonderland Posts: 96 Member
    edited November 2020
    trophy wrote: »
    4 crashes while either in live or build mode and the sound has cut out a couple of times. Very discouraging, I was so looking forward to this pack.

Nick says sound cutting out is one of the reasons the game is crashing. The emergency patch is expected next week.

At risk of sounding like Kim Kardashian when she lost her diamond earring in the ocean, I’m kinda miffed about this.

I mean they’re telling us that, by the company’s own admission, that console players have a somewhat inconvenient workaround that maybe/probably/potentially not work for us? On launch day for the brand new EP people already preordered, right before a weekend??

I mean, hopefully now maybe now that they narrowed down the trouble, they’ll pull a fast one and get the patch out before the day’s over, but really?!

There are people on YouTube doing deep dives, new builds and playing with the content with sound and with minimal glitching, while people can barely get into the save files they’ve already established. Like... can they share their good fortune with the class here?

Like, console players hardly get to take advantage of sales on all of these packs unless they’ve got saintly patience, and a large chunk of us are locked out. I wouldn’t be surprised if the vast majority have shelled out at least $100+ in content alone, and that’s a conservative estimate.

I’m lucky in that I didn’t preorder Snowy Escape yet, but I was very close to doing so.

“AteezinWonderland, there are people that are dying.”

I know, I know.
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    Has anyone on PS4 tried if the "turn the sound off" solution works?

In my country, the EP comes out past dinner time so I will buy it and play tomorrow. I will probably wait to start the real gameplay after we get the "fixing" patch (hoping it'll work) since I don't want to play with the sound turned off. But I could probably continue to prepare my new families and a couple of lots I'll need so I was wondering if the volume workaround works or not or if I have to delay also my gameplay preparations...
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I only had the sound crash once so I don't know if it works.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    SayNoToGnomesSayNoToGnomes Posts: 44 Member
    Just experienced a new bug (in my game, at least) in build mode, every time I change a wallpaper all the doors on that floor get deleted and random items will end up in the household inventory.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    _natalie wrote: »
    @Simburian This is the console discussion section.

Oops, sorry. That comes of just pressing on Discussions and not going through the Categories choices section! :s
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Has anyone on PS4 tried if the "turn the sound off" solution works?

In my country, the EP comes out past dinner time so I will buy it and play tomorrow. I will probably wait to start the real gameplay after we get the "fixing" patch (hoping it'll work) since I don't want to play with the sound turned off. But I could probably continue to prepare my new families and a couple of lots I'll need so I was wondering if the volume workaround works or not or if I have to delay also my gameplay preparations...

SimGuruNick said that it’s a mixed bag. I think that will probably be the case, especially since I feel like on PC/Mac you’re disabling audio all together, whereas on console, you’re just lowering in game volume. I think you’ll be fine as long as you save often.
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    @PifflePrincess I turned off all sound in my game and so far no crashes. We'll see if it continues.
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I played off-line first and my game crashed.

I then turned off the sound and there has been no crashes.
    I've been playing without sound for an hour and no crashes. This is a crazy bug but at least I can play.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    It seems like the no sound workaround doesn't always work.

I just tried to play a bit after downloading the new pack but with not much luck.
    First I turned down just the main volume in settings, leaving all the other volume switch as they were, and the game crashed after more or less 20 minutes.
    Then I tried again, lowering to 0% all volume settings and, at first, it seemed to work since I went past the 20-30 minutes of play, but at more or less 1 hour it crashed again.
    I'm not gonna strain my ps4 with continuous crashes so I'll just have to wait for the fix patch, hoping that it comes as soon as possible...
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    It seems like the no sound workaround doesn't always work.

I just tried to play a bit after downloading the new pack but with not much luck.
    First I turned down just the main volume in settings, leaving all the other volume switch as they were, and the game crashed after more or less 20 minutes.
    Then I tried again, lowering to 0% all volume settings and, at first, it seemed to work since I went past the 20-30 minutes of play, but at more or less 1 hour it crashed again.
    I'm not gonna strain my ps4 with continuous crashes so I'll just have to wait for the fix patch, hoping that it comes as soon as possible...

According to the site, SimGuruNick and SimQARobo do not need saves from either platform. It appears as though they have everything they need to solve the bug.

I will be controversial, yet brave, and say that they’ll have a patch out late on Monday, or early Tuesday. People are very plumed off about this, so the higher ups are probably trying to get the fix out as soon as the team is able. This is the last thing anyone would want during a big release.
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    Ace150Ace150 Posts: 5 New Member
    I haven’t played in awhile but my game crashed as soon as I tried booking a vacation. My game used to crash constantly on my old save but I haven’t experienced any crashes on my current save until now. I haven’t made any changes or downloaded new content since then either.

I’m not buying any DLCs or playing until this is sorted. If that means I’ll never play again because these issues won’t be resolved, so be it.
  • Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Played with sound options off. Still crashed. Didn’t work for me. Oh well...
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • Options
    RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Of course the workaround doesn't work.
  • Options
    YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    So is the "sound workaround" (that apparently doesn't work) just for PS4. Us XBox One players are having crashes and glitches of various types. I put in a bug report and afterwards got told to put in a bug report!
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    edited November 2020
    @Yamsisims XB1 current issue information here.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    Alright, it’s Monday... it’s the week of the 20th.

Patch, please!!!

(Patience isn’t my strong suit.)
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    @Yamsisims XB1 current issue information here.

Look at it. It is LONG and VERY OLD thread, which tells me these error have been going on for at least a year. I haven't tried the things they suggested yet.
  • Options
    @Yamsisims I did noticed that and thought it was odd, but it's the link that was given by the devs. I would suggest trying the workarounds given.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    @Yamsisims I did noticed that and thought it was odd, but it's the link that was given by the devs. I would suggest trying the workarounds given.

I am nervous about the one saying to delete save data everywhere. I am thinking that would not only delete the autosaves but also your households, etc.
  • Options
    PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    On my PS4 pro I have turned off master volume and can play without crashing, but only building for now. Just do not feel like exploring the new features without sound. In my current save file it is winter and in the new world build mode was very laggy.
    Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • Options
    RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    The patch has slowed the game down tremendously. Sims 3 with all packs loads faster at this point.
  • Options
    Yamsisims wrote: »
    I am nervous about the one saying to delete save data everywhere. I am thinking that would not only delete the autosaves but also your households, etc.

@Yamsisims I believe it will, unless you have your households saved to your library.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Developers always suggest having games up-to-date yet considering all the problems introduced via patches, where is the inclination to keep this game up to date?
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    The patch that just went out doesn't address much, but it appears the console patch is not out yet. Maybe there will be more fixes there.
  • Options
    I have the 1.34 patch now. I have played a little. The computer use crashing at work is still there, but I have discovered something new. The crash is caused by clicking on the computer at work or on vacation before the gear appears on the cursor. I hovered over it for a few seconds and the gear showed up and then it worked fine. So this is just another variation of the computer use lag glitch. I have updated my bug report with this info on EA Answers.