Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A patch, a patch, a patch........I hope....

Comments

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    It is very irritating, all of us simmers are very compassionate with this game, we put soo much work onto our worlds and families, As an old simmer that's been playing this game since the very beginning, it's never been this bad, the sims 3 had the issue that you only could play a certain amount of packs at a time, I really hope this doesn't happen too the sims 4, we put soo much into this game, we invest in it and were loyal to the franchise but I see the sims 4 is going too be the last game I'm going too complete
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    I’ve had a significant amount of lag after the crash. I deleted 18 sims hoping to lesson the lag, but nothing. If anything it got worse.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Whenever the game crashes, you're advised to make sure the console and game are up-to-date, yet with so many bugs introduced via patches, where is the incentive to update? Before the "DU" pack, every single one of my households loaded every time but now I have to be choosy which ones I play and I hate it. And after what happened the other night, why should a household suddenly become unloadable all because I tried to return to the World Map when the house had visitors and the game crashed? IT SHOULDN'T MATTER!!!

With so many issues with this game, for some reason I keep remembering this scene from Tomorrow Never Dies:

ELLIOT: Mr Jones, are we ready to release our new software?
    JONES: Yes sir, and as requested it's full of bugs which means people will be forced to upgrade for years.
    2quwd7.gif

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited July 2020
    Do you think their will be another patch before knifty knits pack
    Edit: I just saw theres a new patch coming there the now
    Post edited by Nikkih on
    I think one is announced but it will be a mini-patch. No doubt none of the major bugs people have reported for months now like crashing will be fixed.
    2quwd7.gif

• iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    I won’t press on to purchase this pack after this patch is released. They’ve pretty much lost me. After the fiasco I had with EL installed I don’t trust anything else. My money was wasted on that pack and now I can’t get it back. This crashing grates my nerves and limits me. I don’t want the game telling me how many times I can travel or play my sims. Stress caused by this game is unneeded.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
    Another thing that happens is after you play a household for a while, it could only be a minute if you chose the wrong house, and whenever you try to return to the World Map, the game crashes.
    2quwd7.gif

• KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I'm not purchasing knifting knitting or anything else either until months later and that's only IF the bugs, lagging and crashing is fixed. But I doubt it... :grimace:
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    I'm not purchasing knifting knitting or anything else either until months later and that's only IF the bugs, lagging and crashing is fixed. But I doubt it... :grimace:

I’m so turned off with poor performance and bad game design that I won’t be giving anymore of my money. Bet ya some of our money went to that ridiculous TV show they have now instead of development 🤨🙄
    Not to mention how much effort they put into repackaging. All of that work could, and should've, been put into fixing the problems.
    2quwd7.gif

This “game“, at this point, is more of a tool for EA. Aesthetically it’s pretty but there’s nothing of substance to the integral part of what it’s supposed to be... a game. Combine it with loads of bugs (crashing, poor design, etc...) it’s not a game anymore. By what others have said a long time ago when the game was newer, people have said the same things. It’s just a showcase tool for EA to make money. So I’m stopping myself from giving anymore money so I know my money isn’t being misused by this krap company.
  • YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    It was a game through Sims 3. It was fun. Sims 4 has it's fun moments, but lately it seems that Sims 4 is just a platform for the developers personal opinions or personal interests. I am not trying to get flamed or banned.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I can play my game again after the update.
    The lag is gone but I don't have eco lifestyle installed for fear of the lag returning.
    The one thing I need for them to fix is the lot taxes bug.

*I'm still not buying the next packs though.

How is everyone else's game after the patch? I've read that some people are NOW dealing with severe lag/bugs unlike before this recent patch.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
    I have not downloaded any of the recent patches.
    2quwd7.gif

• Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Finnh93 wrote: »
    Hi sorry to dump this here, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to create a topic on this forum (am I dumb)

Anyway reason for this post is to see if anyone else is having the same problem I am, since the last update the right stick on the ps4 controller doesnt work in Create-A-Sim so I cant zoom or rotate my sim, when I press the left stick to bring up the controller layout the right stick doesnt even have anything mapped to it

Even stranger if I am in game and go to edit a live sim then it works fine, its only when creating a new one, has anyone else had this issue, and if so any solution thanks

You need to be a full member before you can create topics or post pictures
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
    Haven’t made any attempts to play the game after that patch. I’m glad they acknowledged the NAPs but not the crashing on consoles. Has there been any crashing for any of you playing now?
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I'm experiencing lag which was previously not happening. Haven't went into my main saves that crash because I didn't see any relevant fixes in the newest update.
  • Valk5Valk5 Posts: 27 Member
    @iamoz96 Yes unfortunately I’m still crashing after the update. I spent an hour and a half in cas updating my family’s wardrobe and crashed when exiting.. Lost everything I did. Yesterday I crashed while exiting to main menu, that was a new one for me. Exiting build mode, crashed on the second time. EA seems to be just ignoring this issue, I really don’t think they know how to fix it. Sadly I won’t be buying anymore packs since each one comes with more game breaking bugs

@Valk5 *Sigh*... ditto on no more packs. Well, I think it’s just time to abandon the game and play some other games. Games that actually work. EA is truly an evil company.
    The computer use lag/crash is still there. The really need to fix this one. It a major bug that ruins the experience.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    When you see people reporting these same crashes for over a year you really lose hope for any fix. I crashed 3 times today. Exiting build mode, after using the tripod, and the last crash happened while I was saving and exiting the game.

Has anyone sent in their save file ? I wish I had some insight before I go through the process of trying to figure it out.

I've played Sims 1-3 on PC and even though Sims 3 was an issue for me at times it was never so bad that I wanted a refund for the entire game!!

@Reaganbogan The sharing of a save file is really rather simple and if you are experiencing that kind of crashing I would totally advise you to do that.
    I think this crinricts post on AHQ explains the process of sharing a save pretty easily, but please only do share a save if you are asked to do so by someone on the AHQ.
    I really feel your pain as I'm as well losing hope and feeling sad and disappointed most of the time nowadays, but if you've been asked for a save and you provide it they _might_ be able to do something at least to keep the game playable for you. This is not how it's meant to be but it's kinda your only option :/ Hope your issue gets fixed!
    origin ID: adduapina
    adduapina wrote: »
    When you see people reporting these same crashes for over a year you really lose hope for any fix. I crashed 3 times today. Exiting build mode, after using the tripod, and the last crash happened while I was saving and exiting the game.

Has anyone sent in their save file ? I wish I had some insight before I go through the process of trying to figure it out.

I've played Sims 1-3 on PC and even though Sims 3 was an issue for me at times it was never so bad that I wanted a refund for the entire game!!

@Reaganbogan The sharing of a save file is really rather simple and if you are experiencing that kind of crashing I would totally advise you to do that.
    I think this crinricts post on AHQ explains the process of sharing a save pretty easily, but please only do share a save if you are asked to do so by someone on the AHQ.
    I really feel your pain as I'm as well losing hope and feeling sad and disappointed most of the time nowadays, but if you've been asked for a save and you provide it they _might_ be able to do something at least to keep the game playable for you. This is not how it's meant to be but it's kinda your only option :/ Hope your issue gets fixed!

Can you share save files on console? I wasn't aware that you could.
  • opalnoctemopalnoctem Posts: 16 Member
    Glad I read through this, it's made me a little more wary of buying packs! Now I know! Sounds like a headache sometimes
    When I moved three Black-eyed teens into a new house last night, one of them is a spellcaster and noticed that using the code to raise her mastery level wasn't working. She goes to practice magic and isn't learning any spells. The bar is stuck at Neophyte and won't go any higher.
    2quwd7.gif

• Z3t487Z3t487 Posts: 14 New Member
    Sorry for spamming this everywhere: i want a patch to base game that adds the following:

Sorry, it seems i can't yet create a thread, so here i post my wish for a mod (or patch) that does this:

I want a mod that exactly tell me how old ( in years, if possible even months and days) my sim is, instead of saying... 81 days left, then you turn Adult... (young adult with 81 days left before turning Adult is about a 24 years old person btw, according to my calculations).

I just want the game to tell me i'm 24 years old and not 81 days left of Young Adult.

In real life we have:

Newborns: 0 days-28 days old
    Toddlers: 28 days- 1 year old
    Childs: 1-2 years old
    Still child: 2-6 years old
    Again still child: 6-9 years old
    Puberty and Teens: 10-22 years old
    Young Adult: 22-39 years old
    Adult: 40-59 years old
    Elder: 60-75
    Very Elder: 75-90
    Legendary Elder: 91+

So...

Considering the long life span of 364+ days that is 4 times the normal life span of 91 days and considering 1 day in game = 1 year for our sims with normal life spans so they live at least 91 years (not too far off from the average life span of 72.6 years old worldwide in real life).

I thought: ok, i chose long life span, so 4 days in game = 1 year for the sims.

In game we have with long life spans:

Newborns: 0-12 days
    Toddlers: 32 days
    Child: 56 days
    Teeen: 56 days
    Young Adult: 94 days
    Adult: 94 days
    Elder: 40+ days

So to understand how long for our sims a day is ( in a certain life stage)...well, it depends on how long that life stage is in real life.

So...

Doing the maths:

Newborns: 12 in game days/28 real life days means... 1 in game day as Newborn= 0.42857143 real days

Toddlers: 32 in game days / about 11 in real life months means... 2.90909091 in game days = 1 life month for a Toddler, so 1 in game day = 10.31249999677734 real days

Child: 56 in game days / 8 real life years means 7 day in game as Child = 1 real year as Child, so 1 in game days = 54.14285714285714 real days

Teen: 56 in game days / 12 real life years means 4.666666666666667 in game days = 1 real year as Teen, so 1 in game day = 78.21428571428571 real days

Young Adult: 94 in game days / 17 real life years = 5.52941176 in game days = 1 real year for Young Adults, so 1 in game day = 66.01063835405161

Adults: 94 in game days / 19 real life years = 4.94736842 in game days = 1 real year for Adult Sims

Elder goes from 60 to 91+ so 31+ real life years so...

Elder: 40+ in game days so... at least 40 in game days / 31 real life years means 1.29032258 in game days = 1 year for him ( if the elder lives 40 in game days).

So... how old is a Young Adult with 81 days left before turning Adult (with long life span selected)?

He completed newborn so: 12x0.42857143 days

plus

He completed Toddler: 32 x 10.31249999677734 days

plus

He completed Child: 56 x 54.14285714285714 days

plus

He Completed Teen: 56 x 78.21428571428571 days

He entered Young Adult: (you enter with 94 days left, he got 81 days left so 13 in game days passed.

So as Young Adult 13 x 66.01063835405161 days passed.

So he is 12x0.42857143 + 32 x 10.31249999677734 + 56 x 54.14285714285714 + 56 x 78.21428571428571 + 13 x 66.01063835405161 DAYS OLD.... (about 24 years).