Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Positive Thoughts Thread 🏔️❄️⛷️🏂🎿

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    The CAS is awful (as expected), but I Ioved everything else. Can't wait to climb the mountain. :)

The CAS looks awesome, especially the hairstyles.
    Admittedly I am in the "If my Sims don't have daughters I go into Edit Household and make them a daughter and delete the Son" school of players. Or as someone else put it:

My female Sims are PERFECT, well educated, fit, intelligent, charming, with amazing hair.
    My Male sims are the father of my Sim babies and most likely actually not members of the household even.

Yees the hairstyles (for the female sims) are insanely good. And so much toddler CAS. Now if only males got more love too but hey. It is what it is I guess. But overall I really like the CAS items.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    The CAS is awful (as expected), but I Ioved everything else. Can't wait to climb the mountain. :)

Admittedly I am in the "If my Sims don't have daughters I go into Edit Household and make them a daughter and delete the Son" school of players. Or as someone else put it:

My female Sims are PERFECT, well educated, fit, intelligent, charming, with amazing hair.
    My Male sims are the father of my Sim babies and most likely actually not members of the household even.

I hated everything in CAS. The gameplay looked great and the world is beautiful. My Sims won't be living there, but I will have them vacation in the new world.
    He/Him
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Yees the hairstyles (for the female sims) are insanely good. And so much toddler CAS. Now if only males got more love too but hey. It is what it is I guess. But overall I really like the CAS items.

A lot of the winter clothes are ski gear, which is annoying but we have TONS of good winter clothes already and I will probably ignore the skiing anyway (I HATE winter sports IRL) and concentrate on the hot springs, hiking and just do my usual Sim stuff (aka working out, do yoga, gardening), just in that world instead.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I'M SO STOKED!!! I was watching the livestream today and actually sitting in front of my monitor, clapping. :D I love everything about this pack, which the only downer I could possibly think of was, which one of these awesome things are go south, turn out glitchy...I know that's a horrible thought but couldn't help but think.

In the mean time, I won't let dark thoughts ruin the enjoyment of a really great pack!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Ngl, I am pretty excited for this pack, it has so many cool/cute features, I am most looking forward to having my Japanese sims being able to live in a Japanese world! I'm still not overly sold on the lifestyles and sentiments, but otherwise, I think they're fine.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Looking at what's coming in the update where platforms can be used as stairs, since one of the platform shapes is triangular, can we finally create triangular staircases?
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Ok, I have just preordered from cdkeys :#

Honestly, November will be so busy for video games, with Valhalla, this, me getting Animal Crossing for my birthday (finally), the sale on Ni No Kuni (finally, couldn't resist), AND my current Stardew Valley save (soon I'll be marrying Harvey :love: lol).

Anywho I'm excited. I'm glad that for all the worries I had about this pack, it actually looks pretty decent and I like the quality of life improvements (i.e. rentals / sentiments especially). I'm looking forward to it :blush:

Harvey best husbando -- he actually cooks breakfast B)

And I'm already working on a penthouse rental -- the one in the Arts Quarter will be great for a couple needing a getaway to the city.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Taking off your shoes is a nice little add. Plus, all the socks I've been knitting will be on feet display.
    beautiful-socks-on.jpg

With that feature plus wanting some nice cozy sweaters, this pack ties in great with Nifty Knitting. B)
  • Options
    coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    I’m super excited for the pre-patch:
    • Platforms
    • Halfwalls +
    • Sentiments
    • Updated simology panels.

@GracieO312 I do agree. I hope climbing the mountain alone is an option and not tied to a social event only.

While I'm not a great builder, platforms and more halfwalls will still be very useful.

After the stream I'm in two minds about sentiments. It is great that it gives sims a level of empathy, like the wife had when they were on the bunny slope, but I was hoping that it would affect more than moodlets. Moodlets as they are just don't make sims behave differently from each other.

Having had a closer look at the world, I have decided that will base my main family of sims there. Being able to add rental properties to other residential worlds will mean that I will get more use out of more of them than I do now. I like the idea of my sims renting in Strangerville while undertaking the investigation or holidaying in a world like Windenberg, which I really like, but hardly ever use.
  • Options
    I feel like this pack has a lot of animations. All of the winter activities were really nicely done. I really liked how they all socialized and autonomously stopped to take selfies and refer to the map when exploring. That was a nice touch to have that happen without having to be the one to direct them to do it.

And I'm super excited for the platforms, I gotta say! Some of build/buy items are super nice too, love that we get blinds that are "normal size" and not those monstrosity ones that we have in the game now.

And, the world looks fantastic. I am really impressed.

Also, I really liked how the sentiments look like they would work. The lifestyles are not something that I feel will make a big difference in gameplay. But the sentiments I think will.

Overall, I'm excited for this pack!

When they showed the one Sim having a negative reaction to a Sim he held a grudge against, that was awesome to me. And since the mechanism is going to be patched into base game we could have more added in future packs -- for example if we get a romance GP they could add more romantic sentiments. Hmmm...if you have a close romantic bond with another Sim, will that stop the random flirting that tends to go on?
  • Options
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I'M SO STOKED!!! I was watching the livestream today and actually sitting in front of my monitor, clapping. :D I love everything about this pack, which the only downer I could possibly think of was, which one of these awesome things are go south, turn out glitchy...I know that's a horrible thought but couldn't help but think.

In the mean time, I won't let dark thoughts ruin the enjoyment of a really great pack!

Since it looks like some of the GCers got early-early-access, maybe they caught a lot of the bugs so there's time to fix them before the pack officially releases. Though if they were only playing with base game and the new pack, they won't be able to catch any conflicts with other packs. :|
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    coogee78 wrote: »
    I’m super excited for the pre-patch:
    • Platforms
    • Halfwalls +
    • Sentiments
    • Updated simology panels.

@GracieO312 I do agree. I hope climbing the mountain alone is an option and not tied to a social event only.

While I'm not a great builder, platforms and more halfwalls will still be very useful.

After the stream I'm in two minds about sentiments. It is great that it gives sims a level of empathy, like the wife had when they were on the bunny slope, but I was hoping that it would affect more than moodlets. Moodlets as they are just don't make sims behave differently from each other.

Having had a closer look at the world, I have decided that will base my main family of sims there. Being able to add rental properties to other residential worlds will mean that I will get more use out of more of them than I do now. I like the idea of my sims renting in Strangerville while undertaking the investigation or holidaying in a world like Windenberg, which I really like, but hardly ever use.

There was the situation in the hot springs where the one Sim had a negative reaction to the other Sim he had a grudge against. Maybe if he interacted with that other Sim there would be more negative interactions available.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I know I might be in the vast minority here since most players want their Sims to do stuff together but I really hope we can climb the mountain alone! I hope I don't have to make a mountain excursion with a bunch of Sims I don't care for climb the mountain with my sim. Killing them off seems too drastic...

From what I read, you can hike alone.

Mt. Komorebi is filled with many beautiful hiking trails in The Sims 4 Snowy Escape. These can be explored alone, but are much more fun as a group hike. Simply find a Hiking Info Board and select the destination you wish to hike to.

https://sims-online.com/hiking-in-the-sims-4-snowy-escape
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm excited that we get new gloves!

And I love that we get a moodlet for being an insufferable tourist! :lol:
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,784 Member

Having CAS Toddler items is a plus. For that builder in me, Platforms and Half-walls are the cat's meow.

Snowy-Escape-Toddlers.jpg

Snowy-Escape-Toddlers-2.jpg

Snowy-Escape-Toddlers-3.jpg

Snowy-Escape-Toddlers-4.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited October 2020
    I feel like this pack has a lot of animations. All of the winter activities were really nicely done. I really liked how they all socialized and autonomously stopped to take selfies and refer to the map when exploring. That was a nice touch to have that happen without having to be the one to direct them to do it.

And I'm super excited for the platforms, I gotta say! Some of build/buy items are super nice too, love that we get blinds that are "normal size" and not those monstrosity ones that we have in the game now.

And, the world looks fantastic. I am really impressed.

Also, I really liked how the sentiments look like they would work. The lifestyles are not something that I feel will make a big difference in gameplay. But the sentiments I think will.

Overall, I'm excited for this pack!

When they showed the one Sim having a negative reaction to a Sim he held a grudge against, that was awesome to me. And since the mechanism is going to be patched into base game we could have more added in future packs -- for example if we get a romance GP they could add more romantic sentiments. Hmmm...if you have a close romantic bond with another Sim, will that stop the random flirting that tends to go on?
    I think it's awesome that they added sentiments to the game, but I'm wondering if it will really make a difference. The Sim in the livestream didn't really act angry (he was energized). I feel like all of the happy buffs will take over any of the negative ones they might get.
    He/Him
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    are the snow sports autonomous ? I hope so
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    After today I forgave EA for everything, even Journey to Bawho. I love, I'm in love, I feel loved, my skin is glowing, I'm just so excited about Sims 4 again.

I was super duper scared that I would be disappointed about lifestyles and sentiments, but turns out I loved them. They will forever change the game for me. And of course, all the other great stuff. CAS and BB are a 10/10, the snow activities look super fun, hiking looks super fun, the mountain climbing looks dope, the new traits aren't tied to emotions, there's a new career. Yes I can sleep in peace xx luvs

Tell me please how you think that lifestyle change you game? How? I search some positive, but I do not see, so I will know what do you see in this? thanks
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I've watch so many videos. I do think I am going to enjoy this pack.

I loved Hiking so much. They really did a good job on that. There seems to be a good amount of sites to visit and interact with.
    I love all the new food in this pack. I don't know why but I love new sim recipes.
    The CAS is so good. Everyone had good options. Toddlers got some really adorable pieces.
    I really like that kids/teens will wear uniforms in this world.
    I am glad that the mountain excursion event randomizes. I feel like that will keep it from getting repetitive.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,387 Member
    Looking at what's coming in the update where platforms can be used as stairs, since one of the platform shapes is triangular, can we finally create triangular staircases?

The triangular piece is for diagonal spaces, but I guess if we place the foundations in one step increments we could probably build diagonal staircases out of them too. Will definitely need to try this in game.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,293 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I know I might be in the vast minority here since most players want their Sims to do stuff together but I really hope we can climb the mountain alone! I hope I don't have to make a mountain excursion with a bunch of Sims I don't care for climb the mountain with my sim. Killing them off seems too drastic...

From what I read, you can hike alone.

Mt. Komorebi is filled with many beautiful hiking trails in The Sims 4 Snowy Escape. These can be explored alone, but are much more fun as a group hike. Simply find a Hiking Info Board and select the destination you wish to hike to.

https://sims-online.com/hiking-in-the-sims-4-snowy-escape

Oh thank you for finding this but I meant the big mountain that you can rockclimb not the hiking trails! They are two different things. If not I'm going to have to get... creative...
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I am also wondering if group hiking can be done in other worlds as I thought it looked specifically tied to the board in the live stream..
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Having CAS Toddler items is a plus.

I’m turning into a softie looking at all those toddler thingies. That snow onesie...😂 . I think for the first time I’m going to have a lot of toddlers in my game just to see them wobble around in those things. As in... 7 or so. I’ll pretend they’re little mountain spirits. And look at those cute little bags. 😅
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited October 2020
    Anyone else notice the beautiful shibori patterns (traditional indigo tie dyeing techniques) on some of the buy items (poufs, single bed)? Such a thoughtful little detail added to the game, you can tell the devs really had some fun with this one. <3

I've experimented with traditional japanese indigo tie dye patterns making some of my own at home, so that's why I was able to spot it on some of the furnishings right away. But the indigo is messy to work with.... don't even attempt it unless you're wearing rubber gloves, ratty old clothes, and surrounding the entire area with newspaper/plastic drop sheets! Come to think of it, putting on a head-to-toe hazmat suit might be the way to go. :D

videoplayback-2-254.jpg

Edit to add some shibori pattern examples:

shibori-indigo-tie-dye-via-ancient-japan-multiple-shibori-patterns-via-cassie-stephens.jpg
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top