Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❄️Snowy Escape❄️ Official Live Stream - Let's Watch Together!

Comments

• Options
    SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 164 Member
    Woow, the snow surfice up in the mountain is glimmering in the sun, looks so good!
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited October 2020
    Why did they put on towels for the cave woohoo? Weird! 😂
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Slightly disappointed that they completed the climb on the first attempt with no one dying or falling.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    The mountain peak looks great.
    Gordy wrote: »
    I like how the dad and his enemy are in the tub, but all that seems to amount to is an angry moodlet that's completely overpowered by the numerous positive moodlets. With how much these two hate each other, you'd think his anger would be more intense than a +1 to anger.

I feared this too. More filler for the emotion system.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Joined the stream as they where climbing. Now I am done with all the adult stuff for today and I am looking forward to seeing all the things I missed so so much :smiley:
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I hope we can use platforms as foundations, that way my sims could have a garage next to their house.
  • Options
    The platforms look amazing. 😍
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I think I can take away a few things from this:

1. The personality stuff is NOT locked behind a paywall, he just failed to explain that for the first 20 minutes and made it sound like it was. His fault, but not angry about it or anything obviously.
    2. As usual the Emotions render everything else irrelevant because buffs kill ALL personality traits always and forever. It IS Sims 4 after all.
    3. Funny how they thought we needed MORE ways to "super power our emotions" when we keep complaining about emotions destroying everything.
    4. I DO love the world, my main couple will move there asap. Probably to James' starter home at least until they have kids (I play with aging off so I decide when that is).
    5. A lot of the things are things I will never do but I never do in any world. Like the collectibles. I have never collected anything in the Sims, ever and never will. Just like gambling it is a gene I am apparently missing, I completely lack the urge to collect stuff. Even as a kid.
    6. I hope the fact that the river is originated in a hot spring means we can swim in it in winter without dying.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited October 2020

1. The personality stuff is NOT locked behind a paywall, he just failed to explain that for the first 20 minutes and made it sound like it was. His fault, but not angry about it or anything obviously.
    2. As usual the Emotions render everything else irrelevant because buffs kill ALL personality traits always and forever. It IS Sims 4 after all.
    3. Funny how they thought we needed MORE ways to "super power our emotions" when we keep complaining about emotions destroying everything.
    4. I DO love the world, my main couple will move there asap. Probably to James' starter home at least until they have kids (I play with aging off so I decide when that is).
    5. A lot of the things are things I will never do but I never do in any world. Like the collectibles. I have never collected anything in the Sims, ever and never will. Just like gambling it is a gene I am apparently missing, I completely lack the urge to collect stuff. Even as a kid.
    6. I hope the fact that the river is originated in a hot spring means we can swim in it in winter without dying.

I agree on the personality part - although Lifestyles at least are locked behind a paywall, but tbh, I don't find them specifically impactful. The sentiments are definitely the better of the two as far as I can tell, and fortunately, those will come to everyone.

But it seems we'll still need something like Meaningful Stories to significantly tune down positive emotions. I don't know why this is SO hard for the sims team to understand? Stop adding a million & one buffs to everything, we have enough buffs. Or at least combine multiple positive ones into a single weaker one, like "good day at the mountain" instead of good hike + good bath + good tadadada. But well, like you said, it's still TS4 after all.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited October 2020
    Its there any new icons for calendars and clubs? and what about club activities? will the new traits be in club system? I'm waiting the eco lifestyle traits to be in the club system, and I think there's a bunch of other pack traits lacking too.
    ...And here we have proof: EA is hiding essential base game improvements behind a 40 dollar paywall.

@Beardedgeek sentiments will be added through update.
  • Options
    The kids festival! This will be fun :)
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Ohh yeah, I didn't even think about using platforms as stages. This'll be great if we ever get bands/active stage-based careers.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    It's funny that they immediately offer a way to turn off Lifestyles (re the way they immediately added a toggle for Neighborhood Votes in Eco Lifestyle). That usually means the tuning is off :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    Also, I want to know if Selvadorada and Granite Falls be made regular worlds and will we be able to change the rental lots into regular residential lots?
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I agree on the personality part - although Lifestyles at least are locked behind a paywall, but tbh, I don't find them specifically impactful. The sentiments are definitely the better of the two as far as I can tell, and fortunately, those will come to everyone.

But it seems we'll still need something like Meaningful Stories to significantly tune down positive emotions. I don't know why this is SO hard for the sims team to understand? Stop adding a million & one buffs to everything, we have enough buffs. Or at least combine multiple positive ones into a single weaker one, like "good day at the mountain" instead of good hike + good bath + good tadadada. But well, like you said, it's still TS4 after all.

It has been a meme for years, but the whole "Oh Grandma died but I have four beautiful paintings here so I'm really happy / inspired right now" versus "Complete stranger died on the street and no buff-generating items are within sight so I am so much more sad for him dying than grandma". They NEVER fixed that and don't, honestly, seem to grasp the problem.

But then the game was 90% sold on "EmOTiOnS" if you re-watch the launch trailers from 2014.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I'm so sick of baby hairs at this point. It doesn't look good with the clay-like hair we already have, imo.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    inumaninuman Posts: 21 Member
    New male buzz cut! Love it!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @Beardedgeek yeah I know :( It's a good idea in theory but not if you let it run wild. And in practice, that's pretty much exactly what they do. And they really don't seem to understand that it's one of the major reasons it's so broken and so heavily criticized.. :(
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    omg, again with the female hair stuff. Why don't they add the same amount for both genders? its sexist of them to think men aren't interested in hairstyles and clothes.
  • Options
    sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    Alright. This livestream is MUCH appreciated. It gives me enough gameplay to determine whether or not I will buy it — when it's on sale, of course!

A marvelous stream, gurus! An thank you for answering REAL questions from the community! :)
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • Options
    I love the toddler-clothes. My sims just had a baby and I wish I could have all this stuff now.
  • Options
    So disappointed that the men only get three new hairstyles while the women get thirteen.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    This is my first livestream and I keep pausing it because it is... boring.

Edit: Well, one thing is for sure, I will never have my Sims in that horrible horrible career. I would never wish that on my worst enemy.
    "Dance to company anthem" is just brainwashing of salary slaves.

To be fair on them they're developers not professional streamers, it's hard to be enthusiastic and make it interesting.

I really like how your sims can carry toddlers now though! That's a really cute feature. Other than that it's all very expected to be honest. Very pretty world though and it doesn't look too boxed in, not a fan of the Japanese part though as it looks like its filled with fake buildings everywhere which I detest.
  • Options
    So disappointed that the men only get three new hairstyles while the women get thirteen.

Yes this is really bordering on ridiculous tbh ... the female hairstyles are AWESOME. But why can't men have awesome hairstyles too?!
  • Options
    sketches wrote: »
    Alright. This livestream is MUCH appreciated. It gives me enough gameplay to determine whether or not I will buy it — when it's on sale, of course!

A marvelous stream, gurus! An thank you for answering REAL questions from the community! :)

*whispers* cdkeys *goes away*