Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Positive Thoughts Thread 🏔️❄️⛷️🏂🎿

Comments

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    What I’m most excited about is coming in the free patch. Finally going to be able to vacation in Sulani.

And i finally can LIVE in Selvadorada :)
    I REALLY love the thought of removing vacation lots, finally. NOT saying you're wrong, just saying HATE vacation mechanics in the Sims :)

I must say the build videos and the newest trailer made my interest rise a lot for this expansion. i rated it was a 2 out of 10 before the most recent trailer, n ow it's my 5th favorite expansion (theoretically, I have of course not played it yet).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    What I’m most excited about is coming in the free patch. Finally going to be able to vacation in Sulani.

I REALLY love the thought of removing vacation lots, finally. NOT saying you're wrong, just saying HATE vacation mechanics in the Sims :)

I must say the build videos and the newest trailer made my interest rise a lot for this expansion. i rated it was a 2 out of 10 before the most recent trailer, n ow it's my 5th favorite expansion (theoretically, I have of course not played it yet).

I think you still can’t live in selvadorada. Rental lots are coming to residential worlds but residential lots are not coming to vacation world.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

I think you still can’t live in selvadorada. Rental lots are coming to residential worlds but residential lots are not coming to vacation world.

Aww 🐸🐸🐸🐸 :(

Oh well. At least I hope you can convert rental homes to residental in "real worlds"?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

Taking off your shoes is a nice little add. Plus, all the socks I've been knitting will be on feet display.
    beautiful-socks-on.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Taking off your shoes is a nice little add. Plus, all the socks I've been knitting will be on feet display.
    beautiful-socks-on.jpg

@Hearts4u I've been wondering why we got so many patterns for socks! Now we know!

I must say, this pack is looking better and better. As I expected I quickly went from "how nice" to "maybe I'll get it on sale". Now I'm wavering between "I'll get it after I get my Christmas money" and "Must have NOW".
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I'm going to start putting socks on all my Sims now.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited October 2020
    Plaaaaatfooooooorms!!

Platforms platforms platforms!

Squeeeee!!

Watching the game changers' build videos and all the different ways they played around with the new platform tool.... this is so awesome! We can make the platforms any height, we can use them on rooftops and even make multi-level flat roofs. Platforms!!

Did I mention how stoked I am about platforms?

**Doin' the Happy Platform dance**
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Plaaaaatfooooooorms!!

Squeeeee!!

Watching the game changers' build videos and all the different ways they played around with the new platform tool.... this is so awesome! We can make the platforms any height, we can use them on rooftops and even make multi-level flat roofs. Platforms!!

I love your post! And I love the new platforms! And I love the height adjustability in particular! <3

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Plaaaaatfooooooorms!!

Squeeeee!!

I love your post! And I love the new platforms! And I love the height adjustability in particular! <3

I know right?!

It's such a silly little thing.... but dang, I'm so super excited about platforms and all the different ways we'll be able to manipulate them in our builds. :)
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

@Isharell ...Nifty Knitting has so many good things to knit, with a ton of swatches. Plus, they go well with this pack and cold winter nights. All our Sims need now is some hot chocolate with marshmallows.

yummy.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    So we can make money through snowboarding by making videos. That'd be great, because I really wanted to make a sim who waas a professional snowboarder. I wish there was some competition too, but this is still pretty good.

Also, going to school in uniforms. Even if we can't customize the uniforms, what we have is cute. I'll be using them for some of my boarding schools.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @AncientMuse can I join you in the happy platform dance?

Before I saw the gamechanger videos I was like - yeah, platforms will be nice - then after I was like - holy macaroni, look what they've done with those platforms!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @AncientMuse can I join you in the happy platform dance?

Before I saw the gamechanger videos I was like - yeah, platforms will be nice - then after I was like - holy macaroni, look what they've done with those platforms!

Let's all do the happy platform dance in our fuzzy knitted socks! :D
  • Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    I am starting to get irrationally excited about this pack!! I've got sims knitting away, and although at first, I wasn't too excited about a Japanese world, I have been looking more into it, and I LOVE IT!!
    Fall and winter are my favorite times of year, and I am SO THRILLED that we can have vacation lots in any world. I feel so inspired to rebuild the lots in my main save now.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited October 2020
    I am starting to get irrationally excited about this pack!!
    Me too lol.

I'm restarting my rotational game and am currently editing some lots and building some Sulani rentals.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Me too lol.

I'm restarting my rotational game and am currently editing some lots and building some Sulani rentals.

I too edited two Sulani lots today! I chose the Reef Finery for luxurious holidays and Tangled Flat for sims with a smaller budget. I have quite many community lots in Sulani and probably want to keep the rest of the lots residential. Will have to see how it feels once I get to play with the rental lots.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The girl in the trailer is wearing barrettes in her hair. I thought it was nice to see this being added to the game. Usually my sims can only have these little details from downloading custom content.
  • Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    Me too lol.

Oh, yes! I'm not one to have sims live in Sulani, but I love to send them for relaxing beach days...now I can send them on a great vacation!
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    This is just too cute. Calling all little crafters.
    beautifual-Little-Crafters.jpg
    [/quote]

Seems like the kids can craft these hats to wear, which is quite adorable, since there will be a new paint table object. I thought it would just function as the normal ones. So that was suprising.

I also like the fact that sims can wear uniform to go to school, which i thought was just decorative.
  • Options
    Anyone else take note of what was said in the gameplay blog about the Wakaba district?

We can "swim near the waterfalls". That means there's going to be a swimming spot (not a pool) in the world... I'm assuming maybe it's somewhere along the hiking trail?

Does this mean they're going to give us swimming spots/signs, that work like fishing spots/signs? :o
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    I'm going to have so much fun decorating my rental lots. Playing one family means I don't usually get to take advantage of a lot of build/buy so I'm really excited about that.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Anyone else take note of what was said in the gameplay blog about the Wakaba district?

We can "swim near the waterfalls". That means there's going to be a swimming spot (not a pool) in the world... I'm assuming maybe it's somewhere along the hiking trail?

Does this mean they're going to give us swimming spots/signs, that work like fishing spots/signs? :o

They can swim in the lake near the park in the lower part of the map.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

Yay! That's a "first" then too.

Prior to this, the only world that you can swim in (besides pools) is Sulani. I hope we'll be able to swim in other places that have lakes/rivers now too?
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Yay! That's a "first" then too.

Prior to this, the only world that you can swim in (besides pools) is Sulani. I hope we'll be able to swim in other places that have lakes/rivers now too?

You can swim in the world that comes with discover university.
  • Options

You can swim in the world that comes with discover university.

We can? Well I'll be darned... guess I'm going to have to explore around Britechester more, I haven't really bothered much with it. LOL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top