Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprint Builds

Comments

• Options
    icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    @Taoron I envy your dedication! What a beautiful home, regardless of when it was "due". :)
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    It looks so beautiful! Thank you for sharing @Taoron :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Cozy Traditional Home is a very lovely family home! @Taoron :) It is very nice that you finished the earlier blueprint challenge build.Very nice exterior design,great roofing, and the design of the backyard areas is very lovely! Very nice pool patio, and great design of the three levels and patios outdoors dining, living and hot tub area! The furnishing of the interior is lovely! :)
  • Options
    TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Thank you @icanhassims @AlJay @rosemow I am only on a little recently, but I saw it and had to finish. =) I fell in love with the exterior and it felt a shame to waste it.
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Working on it right now :) but I have to know your secret for placing the garage door and regular door in the foundation in the garage! @AlJay
  • Options
    Working on it right now :) but I have to know your secret for placing the garage door and regular door in the foundation in the garage! @AlJay

If you are building the garage at ground height, there is a lot of cheating you have to do, to make that work, to connect it to the house. Kate Emerald Videos can help a lot, in that and so many other things.

If at the same height of a raised home, you have to use landscaping tools, and a lot of patience, to make the garage area look normalized and usable, with a sloping driveway, etc. , but once you learn the tools, you can do so much with them, to make the impossible, possible.
  • Options
    @Clousinators I used a few tricks for this garage :) First I deleted the floor. Next I added a basement section under the area where I wanted the garage doors and placed an enlarged hall door. You may need to raise the door to get it to the right height. Then I deleted the basement walls (this is not necessary but I just think it looks ugly to keep the basement there) I wanted a different foundation for the garage door area so I made a wall the length of the door, raised the foundation to the same height, changed the foundation texture, and just moved it where I wanted it. For the walk door I deleted the wall section so I could place my door at ground level and used the same foundation trick as I had for the garage doors. I hope that makes sense.
  • Options
    nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    @Taoron: you've inspired me to go back to the old blueprint challenges that I procrastinated on didn't get to finish. Hope I can finish this month's on time to then review my old builds. :blush:

BTW, thank you for your lovely comments on my September build. I'll probably have another punny name this month (if I could think of one, that is).
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
  • Options
    Sounds great @nucleonide I look forward to seeing your builds :)
  • Options
    Challenge Number: BB12
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery Name & link: Traditional Family Home
    Link to slideshow: Blueprint Builds - October
    Additional Notes: I didn't get a chance to finish my build last month so I decided to do this project first this month :) I challenged myself for this build by using only Base game, Cats & Dogs and Laundry day items. Built in Brindleton bay, this home is perfect for a family with kids and pets who like to spend time outside in the garden or painting on the deck.
    Space for Pictures:
    bGr6TnZ.png
    WLggkeT.png
  • Options
    Looks great @Aljay. I'm having roof issues, myself. I've done them 100 times and because of the shape of the home, they are always off, just enough to make me unhappy with it. Nothing major, just a little flickering white line where roofs meet and roofing tiles not matching up proper. I downloaded the shell you did, as well and I'm glad it's not just me. lol
  • Options
    Traditional Family Home is a lovely home for a family! @AlJay :) Very nice exterior design and the stone and wood walls is very nice.. Very nice plants garden beds on home edges, and the sitting area on the porch is very nice for chatting.Very nice outdoors dining back patio! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and dining in the outside air at the table. They will enjoy painting on the easel there. The double garage is great! Very lovely, homely furnishing of the interior! The warm soft blue and white colour scheme is lovely and very nice wood texture of the furnishings. The yellow sunflowers on the dining table and the kitchen stools and sink counter are sunny touches! The sofas seats fireplace sitting area in the living room is very nice for sims to sit and rest near the fire. The furnishing and layout of each of the bedrooms is lovely! The dog and cat soft toys and animal chairs in the kids rooms are cute! Very lovely family room! The play area with the dollhouse, teddies,freezer bunny guitar to play and dog and toys on the cabinet shelving is very sweet and nice! Sims will enjoy watching tv together.
    It is a very nice home for a family :)
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Yeah, @Taoron this roof is a nasty one, sorry :#
    Thank you so much @rosemow for your kind review <3
  • Options
    @Aljay I usually don't ever have an issue, but that micron of not being able to sit exactly proper makes me twitch. I rebuilt the entire house this morning and going to attack that roof from a different angle tonight. I am punishing myself and making the garage at ground level too. You know, just to make it all that more frustrating. LOL

• Options
    edited October 2020
    @Aljay I figured out why and fixed it. It all flows nicely now with no cracks and weird stuff going on.

...and don't be sorry. It makes us stronger builders to come across adversity and have to figure out how to get past it. Even if it is a minor glitch or thing that most would not even see.
  • Options

Challenge Number: BB12
    Origin ID: taoron24121
    Gallery Name & link: Traditional 3B/3B Home
    Link to slideshow: Blueprint Builds - October
    Additional Notes: First time using the Switches and Outlets @AlJay I really like them. The Small Canvas used for the double width items sizes down a lot nicer and realistic than the large and were perfect for what I wanted to do. Thank you, for making those.
    Space for Pictures:

LBvdfwX.png
    S8EBnRP.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Traditional 3B/3B Home is very lovely! @Taoron :) Very great exterior design and the flowers in the front garden are very pretty! Very lovely furnishing of the interior! The white, brown and black colours of the living areas are very nice.The sofa and armchairs fireplace sitting area in the living room with bookcases either sides of the fire is very nice for sims to chat together and read books. The flowers there and near the dining table are pretty! Very lovely designs and furnishing of the bedrooms! The master bedroom with the warm, calming brown colour is very nice, and the red and yellow colour schemes of the kids rooms give a great look to the rooms! Very nice family movie and games room for sims to enjoy watching tv and playing console games together. Very nice outdoors dining and bbq area for sims to enjoy cooking meals and dining at the round dining table in the outside air.
    It is a very lovely family home! :)
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow
  • Options
    This looks great @Taoron I'm glad you were able to use the switches :)
  • Options
    nali272nali272 Posts: 432 Member
    @aljay, thanks for the review. It stretched my imagination... which I need.
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    Well, it looks like October has come to an end. It has been nice to see everyone's creativity with this blueprint. Thank you to all who have participated! I will be back tomorrow with a brand new blueprint for you guys to play with.

@icanhassims Midnight Manor is a very nice spooky themed house! The exterior looks great with the fancy roof slope and the orange lights that you used to decorate with. On the interior I really enjoyed your use of the red lighting to give it a different feel. The kid’s bedrooms are fun and I like the furniture that you chose for this house. The juicing station and work bench in the garage were nice to see as well. Great job!

@nali272 Your home for a family of four is beautiful! I love the landscaping that you have done in the yard, especially the curved path. The pool is nice with the waterfall hot tub and the curved patio. The interior looks very nice as well. You have added so many great details and clutter! I can’t even begin to mention them all. I love that you put the treadmill in the storage closet, that seems like and appropriate place 😊 Very well done!

@Taoron Your traditional 3B/3B Home looks wonderful! I really like your roof choice and the contrast between the windows and the siding look great. The landscaping is also well done. On the interior you have given the home such a warm cozy lived in feel, with so many nice details added throughout the home. The artwork that you have chosen looks especially nice and it is very cool to see the outlets and switches in the rooms. Nicely done!
  • Options
    icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Thanks @AlJay! It was another fun challenge! :)
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Thank you @AlJay ! Your challenge was the first time I used those, and I am so glad I took the time to do so and figure them out. I'm having a hard time getting motivated to start a new artist to do my own art, and I have been wanting to do light switches, outlets and vents for so long now, and that you got 2 out of 3 of those for me, and they work so well, is wonderful. Again, thank you, for making those. They really all so much character to a home, with so little effort.

Thank you for the wonderful review.

*I'll have to review this tomorrow. LOL Sean Connery and all. Too many Martinis. Shaken....not stirred.
  • Options
    November Challenge

eFnuFLZ.jpg

The challenge for November is to use this blueprint to design a home. Your build can be on any size lot and any style you choose. There is no budget but please do not use any custom content. Please hashtag with #BB13 and #AlJay2000 when you upload it to the gallery. As always, if you wish to make a household for your new build, please feel free to do that as well!
    If you need a starting point, I have uploaded a shell to the gallery for you to use. This is just a guide and can be put on any size lot with any wall and foundation height.

BlueprintBuilds – November Shell

Have fun! I look forward to seeing your November builds!
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2020
    This looks like fun! I would guess the squares translates to tiles in game?

Edit: no, that can’t be right; perhaps two squares per game tile.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top