Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Start Planning Your Snowy Escape in The Sims™ 4!

Comments

• Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited October 2020
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Mine was ACTIVE when it should have been about building. Maybe I answered what I thought my sim might be as opposed to what I actually am. Oh well, time to try again.

I hoping the colab with gamechangers helped also locate the bugs and now they've been fixed for the most part. But even four GC's can't possibly play every way the whole community does so, there's likely to be a bug or two.

I wonder if anyone thought to place an ice skating rink somewhere in the mountain neighborhood, hopefully not in the backyard of one of the biggest mansions like they did in Willow Creek.

I know I tend to get really passionate about stuff, and I can definitely understand bugs taking time to find and fix.

However, let's hope they pay close attention to the forums. The community shares a lot of information that is helpful.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    Mine was ACTIVE when it should have been about building. Maybe I answered what I thought my sim might be as opposed to what I actually am. Oh well, time to try again.

I hoping the colab with gamechangers helped also locate the bugs and now they've been fixed for the most part. But even four GC's can't possibly play every way the whole community does so, there's likely to be a bug or two.

I wonder if anyone thought to place an ice skating rink somewhere in the mountain neighborhood, hopefully not in the backyard of one of the biggest mansions like they did in Willow Creek.

I know I tend to get really passionate about stuff, and I can definitely understand bugs taking time to find and fix.

However, let's hope they pay close attention to the forums. The community shares a lot of information that is helpful.

Agreed. After all, what's the one phrase they like to overuse? WE ARE LISTENING/WE HEAR YOU. Not to be confused with we'll fix it, however.
  • Options

Agreed. After all, what's the one phrase they like to overuse? WE ARE LISTENING/WE HEAR YOU. Not to be confused with we'll fix it, however.

Yeah, it seems to be an ongoing trend. I do have one critical curiosity. Expansion Packs have instances where things don't transfer over. In my current game, I'm using a pool to build a kind if hot spring for my merfolk legacy. I'm wondering if merfolk will have a merform in the hot spring similar to hoe they have a merform in the bathtub. Given the thing with the mirrors. I'm very very curious go see how content from other packs works with content in the new packs. I mean, occults are great for experimentation because they often require a different plays type.

Like, maybe if a game changer incorporated pools and water elements to support a mersim they might have realized merfolk can practice a speech in a pool, but they can't practice debate. The only real difference between the two interactions are the skills and their affiliated pack.

So, they have this mountain world, but how will sims with elements from different packs interact with the new content: Merfolk, Vampires, Aliens, Ghosts, snd etc..,

Will merfolk use their merform in the Japanese Baths?

Will Aliens and Scientists have some unique interactions with the mountains?

What about Vampires and Spellcasters?

I'm curious if they build content with everything else in other packs in mind.
  • Options

Yeah, it seems to be an ongoing trend. I do have one critical curiosity. Expansion Packs have instances where things don't transfer over. In my current game, I'm using a pool to build a kind if hot spring for my merfolk legacy. I'm wondering if merfolk will have a merform in the hot spring similar to hoe they have a merform in the bathtub. Given the thing with the mirrors. I'm very very curious go see how content from other packs works with content in the new packs. I mean, occults are great for experimentation because they often require a different plays type.

Like, maybe if a game changer incorporated pools and water elements to support a mersim they might have realized merfolk can practice a speech in a pool, but they can't practice debate. The only real difference between the two interactions are the skills and their affiliated pack.

So, they have this mountain world, but how will sims with elements from different packs interact with the new content: Merfolk, Vampires, Aliens, Ghosts, snd etc..,

Will Aliens and Scientists have some unique interactions with the mountains?

What about Vampires and Spellcasters?

I'm curious if they build content with everything else in other packs in mind.

That would be cool if your merfolk took a dip and transformed into a merperson.
  • Options
    Harry2020Harry2020 Posts: 8 New Member
    Yay! I am excited for this pack. Star Wars was such a huge disappointment to me so I am glad there is something new coming out.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member

I played a game where a mermaid helped run an onsen. She had to be careful when cleaning, or she'd accidentally turn into her mermaid form. That'd be a fun story to tell in The Sims.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I have a feeling merfolk won’t get their tails in the hot spring, because they don’t when they enter a hot tub.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    I have a feeling merfolk won’t get their tails in the hot spring, because they don’t when they enter a hot tub.

Which is lazy coding, since they DO when in a regular tub.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Marnetti wrote: »

Which is lazy coding, since they DO when in a regular tub.

This is the heart of my point. Too many inconsistencies between content and their related packs.They feel separated, always, with content seemingly not enhanced after adding the pack. Old stuff remains the same and new things with their own bugs are added.

They could also tap into content from other packs.

Get to Wotk
    Aliens have a strong connection to mountains in many stories
    Hospitals, Doctors, and Scientists could gain something, inventions and new medical treatments.

Seasons
    The pack that introduced weather to the game.
    I imagine anything related to weather should build off the games existing weather found in this pack.

Again, for the sake of an example, merfolk can't control weather if the game doesn't have weather to control. Seasons gives merfolk more depth by introducing weather and giving merfolk the power to control it.

Island Living
    More items to use in build mode. Sulani introduces items from Polynesian Cultures. The depth to building does peak my interest. The most unusual part of my house builds includes merfolk. I build into the house so many pools when merfolk are involved. And with existing content, it is possible to build a pool with hot spring water. It just doesn't function like a hot spring.

and if I dig, I could probably find things in other packs like

Dine Out
    Spa Day

Content from other packs can't have shouldn't be ignored, but there track record with past packs creates doubt.

I'm worried about everything else with the potential for increased depth will not get more depth with the expansion.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Come to think of it. I've purchased every single pack except star wars, and Seasons is the only expansion pack that added depth to another pack.

Merfolk in Island Living are amazing, but Seasons gave merfolk the ability to control the weather, and that enhanced my gameplay. And, here's the Perfect Patio stuff pack that introduces a hot tub that merfolk don't even change form in. Eco Living introduced NAPs, and the roughhousing encouraged will finish the Mua Pel'am quest without doing anything. I mean, the sims were flat out brawling and that made Mua Pel'am thrive without picking up any trash...
  • Options
    Come to think of it. I've purchased every single pack except star wars, and Seasons is the only expansion pack that added depth to another pack.

Merfolk in Island Living are amazing, but Seasons gave merfolk the ability to control the weather, and that enhanced my gameplay. And, here's the Perfect Patio stuff pack that introduces a hot tub that merfolk don't even change form in. Eco Living introduced NAPs, and the roughhousing encouraged will finish the Mua Pel'am quest without doing anything. I mean, the sims were flat out brawling and that made Mua Pel'am thrive without picking up any trash...

Eco Living added smog to all worlds and Vampires added Vlad to roam every world.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Eco Living added smog to all worlds and Vampires added Vlad to roam every world.

Vlad showing up in zebra speedos in Sulani is hillarous, tho.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I'm, at the very least, curious with a little doubt. I think seeing gameplay videos will help. Right now, I can't comment more without repeating myself.
  • Options
    Anyways, because merfolk are my main type of sim I play with, I'm definitely thinking about the hot spring baths and weather. I might even create a super athletic sim that becomes a five star celebrity. I'm thinking about winter sports competitions, Basketball from City Living, Swim Meets from Get Together. New social events that can be planned. I haven't seen the gameplay for the pack, but I've seen things from other packs that makes my mind spin with ideas.

I apologize if I got off topic.
  • Options
    Anyways, because merfolk are my main type of sim I play with, I'm definitely thinking about the hot spring baths and weather. I might even create a super athletic sim that becomes a five star celebrity. I'm thinking about winter sports competitions, Basketball from City Living, Swim Meets from Get Together. New social events that can be planned. I haven't seen the gameplay for the pack, but I've seen things from other packs that makes my mind spin with ideas.

This is so on topic.

They mentioned in a blog that you could compete with another sim at rock climbing, so there's that.

I am hoping (but with a lot of doubt) that at the festival will there will be ice sculpting.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    KatAnubis wrote: »
    EA_Leeloo wrote: »
    Pack your bags, Simmers—the new Expansion Pack is heading to the mountain!

Hope you have ski boots and cold-weather gear—The Sims™ 4 Snowy Escape Expansion Pack* is sending a chill through the air on November 13, 2020! We’re heading to the Japanese-inspired world of Mt. Komorebi, where high-energy snow sports and relaxing slow experiences present an array of new Lifestyles to choose from. See you at the top of the mountain, Simmers!

Get Some Air

Breathe in that fresh mountain air and start working on your Sim's rock climbing, skiing, and snowboarding skills. They'll want to level up if they ever intend to explore anything bigger than the easy practice courses. Once they’ve gotten the hang of it, take the gondola up to the bigger ski runs and the climbing routes to the peak. Even wipeouts look cool up there… probably. But when Sims get really good, show off with a light-up board and the chicest snow gear.

It’s not just for adults, either. Children can ski and snowboard on the less challenging trails while parents take their toddlers sledding! It’s snow fun for everyone.

Cool Down

If your Sim crashed a few too many times and they need to recover, lean into the slower parts of life in Mt. Komorebi. Hit up the the onsen bathhouse to soak your Sim’s problems (and injuries!) away. Is there anything better than watching the steam rise into the cold night above after a long day? We didn’t think so.

Even the hiking trails just outside of town offer something new every time. Explore bamboo forests, pause to reflect at the graveyard, or visit the mountain temple with friends to get the full experience. Do remember to dress appropriately, though—depending on where you are, it sure can get cold here!

uirxw0f65gu4.png

Build It Up

Rent one of the vacation lots or build your own home when you arrive in Mt. Komorebi! Find inspiration all around town for your next project, whatever it is. New features like shoji doors, tile roofs, and tatami mats lean into the Japanese inspiration behind the pack, and going forward, you can also start playing with customizable platforms! But that’s not all. Fill your home with both modern and traditional furniture options, and make sure to add a cozy kotatsu table for group meals like hot pot.

Outside, enjoy the harmony of this peaceful mountain environment. Add koi to your decorative fountains and start a rock garden under the shade of Japanese maple trees—whatever makes you happy!

So, what’s your snowy escape?

The Sims 4 Snowy Escape Expansion Pack arrives on November 13, 2020, at midnight in your region on Origin (for Mac and PC) and at 10 a.m. PT for Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4! Preorder it today to be first in line for the gondola!

Source: ea.com

By gondelas do the mean boats or the ski lift? I always thought of gondelas as boats but it says take a gondela up to.

In the trailer, it was obviously a gondola of the type that transports people in the heights (like they have in some mountain areas, not just for skiing purposes but for going higher on the mountain.) It didn't look like a "ski lift" at all.

Gondolas are used as ski lifts. I've mostly seen them used on the really big mountains like the Rockies or Alps.

• Options
    If you look again, you will see skis and snowboards in a rack on the doors of the gondolas as it goes back and forth, pretending to carry passengers.
  • Options

This is so on topic.

They mentioned in a blog that you could compete with another sim at rock climbing, so there's that.

I am hoping (but with a lot of doubt) that at the festival will there will be ice sculpting.

Ice sculpting would be an awesome skill. It makes me think of woodwork. I think, in my sub tropical climate, people used to create these huge Ice Hotels in the colder months. I mean, I could have my locations and exact time the year wrong, but the general idea is that it's a hotel with everything made out of ice. I do remember this place being in a place where there isn't normally ice. I guess the idea being that people who don't normally see that much ice might be interested. I know dolphins are very common where I live, so I've seen so many dolphins that it doesn't have the same impact. I still love every sighting.

Still, It would make me ecstatic if merfolk changed into their merform at the hot springs. Sulani has so much volcanic activity, depending on lot traits, that it would be awesome to incorporate them into a household located where merfolk are found.

When I start playing my household that has a Scientist and Alien in it, I'd love it if a scientist gets a eureka moment for some kind of winter invention.

The earliest Alien Movie I've seen was, it's been a while so the name might be wrong, Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind. A google search confirmed it. Mountains were very important in that movie. Also, most anything I've watched with Aliens for entertainment, the Alien sightings and a bunch of urban legends connect Aliens to Mountains.

I guess the pack will include ways to treat injuries on the slopes, but I'd love to see something new for hospitals. I understand that, if people don't have Get to Work, there needs to be content self-contained in the pack, but for those who do have the other packs, I would love to see extra options. I don't see it as DLC for DLC. I see as an Expansion to the Game made possible because of the new content introduced to the game.

I'll go back to my example for Island Living and Seasons. Seasons introduces weather based on the seasons to the game. Merfolk, without the Seasons Pack, can't control the weather, but there is no weather to control without Seasons.

But, I feel like I'm repeating myself. Lol.
  • Options

Vlad showing up in zebra speedos in Sulani is hillarous, tho.

He doesn't even sound like I expected, and I've unfortunately seen that. Fun fact, Vampires have to lure merfolk out of the water before feeding. Vlad went into the water to talk to my merman. While sleeping in the ocean is a great anti-vampire attack tactic... I really didn't need to see that...
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice In S3, with Seasons, we got an Ice Lounge building to place in our worlds when we bought the limited edition. It was cold inside and all the furniture and some of the build objects were made of ice. I'd love for it to make a return, after all, you know we are getting a bar of some king, but it will probably be an Japanese style bar.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @Metior_Ice In S3, with Seasons, we got an Ice Lounge building to place in our worlds when we bought the limited edition. It was cold inside and all the furniture and some of the build objects were made of ice. I'd love for it to make a return, after all, you know we are getting a bar of some king, but it will probably be an Japanese style bar.

It would be cool to have some more winter themed stuff. I noticed that there is a distinct lack of winter clothing that would be cool to add.

The game has a thermostat, and it would be interesting to see if the frozen furniture melts if it is turned to hot. It could be a mischief interaction for evil sims.

Oh, that reminds me, there's a point where my house reaches a value that leads to having sims trespass on my property. I've had evil sims do everything from starting fires to turning on the stereos to wake my sims up when they are asleep. Like I said before, I don't use conventional bedrooms with merfolk because they sleep in the water. It was still annoying. I know TS3 had police and burglars fleshed out more, but I've definitely encountered enough trespassing, encounters with kleptomaniac sims, and evil mischief to see them melting everything in the house by turning the thermostat or starting fires.
  • Options

It would be cool to have some more winter themed stuff. I noticed that there is a distinct lack of winter clothing that would be cool to add.

The game has a thermostat, and it would be interesting to see if the frozen furniture melts if it is turned to hot. It could be a mischief interaction for evil sims.

Oh, that reminds me, there's a point where my house reaches a value that leads to having sims trespass on my property. I've had evil sims do everything from starting fires to turning on the stereos to wake my sims up when they are asleep. Like I said before, I don't use conventional bedrooms with merfolk because they sleep in the water. It was still annoying. I know TS3 had police and burglars fleshed out more, but I've definitely encountered enough trespassing, encounters with kleptomaniac sims, and evil mischief to see them melting everything in the house by turning the thermostat or starting fires.

Intruders causing mischief? I love it. I've never seen that. :D

I may try and build some kind of ice bar, maybe in whites and light blues and turning the cold up so high that sims wear cold gear inside.
    I know we can tell them how to dress when coming to your restaurant, maybe I'll add a bar to it.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

I may try and build some kind of ice bar, maybe in whites and light blues and turning the cold up so high that sims wear cold gear inside.
    I know we can tell them how to dress when coming to your restaurant, maybe I'll add a bar to it.

A restaurant made out of Ice. That would be pretty awesome! I've got so many different things I want to do, but I put my rotational play style on hold for a legacy-style challenge. I'm only on generation 3, and I've been trying to finish things faster so I can get back to my main sims and rotational play style.

Edit: Yeah, intruders inside a home has actually been a thing for my game. Once I get over like 100,000 simolean lot value, I have townies or sims I made with the criminal career show up and start hanging out or causing mischief.
  • Options

A restaurant made out of Ice. That would be pretty awesome! I've got so many different things I want to do, but I put my rotational play style on hold for a legacy-style challenge. I'm only on generation 3, and I've been trying to finish things faster so I can get back to my main sims and rotational play style.

Edit: Yeah, intruders inside a home has actually been a thing for my game. Once I get over like 100,000 simolean lot value, I have townies or sims I made with the criminal career show up and start hanging out or causing mischief.

I've started a restaurant with the cool blue color scheme but I'm waiting for the pack to add a few pack related items and to see if they were smart enough to add a Japanese menu pick to the Dine Out restaurants. Also for the wait staff to be dressed in kimonons.
  • Options

I've started a restaurant with the cool blue color scheme but I'm waiting for the pack to add a few pack related items and to see if they were smart enough to add a Japanese menu pick to the Dine Out restaurants. Also for the wait staff to be dressed in kimonons.

Maybe there will be some things for Spa Day too.