Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Start Planning Your Snowy Escape in The Sims™ 4!

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
Pack your bags, Simmers—the new Expansion Pack is heading to the mountain!

Hope you have ski boots and cold-weather gear—The Sims™ 4 Snowy Escape Expansion Pack* is sending a chill through the air on November 13, 2020! We’re heading to the Japanese-inspired world of Mt. Komorebi, where high-energy snow sports and relaxing slow experiences present an array of new Lifestyles to choose from. See you at the top of the mountain, Simmers!

Get Some Air

Breathe in that fresh mountain air and start working on your Sim's rock climbing, skiing, and snowboarding skills. They'll want to level up if they ever intend to explore anything bigger than the easy practice courses. Once they’ve gotten the hang of it, take the gondola up to the bigger ski runs and the climbing routes to the peak. Even wipeouts look cool up there… probably. But when Sims get really good, show off with a light-up board and the chicest snow gear.

It’s not just for adults, either. Children can ski and snowboard on the less challenging trails while parents take their toddlers sledding! It’s snow fun for everyone.

Cool Down

If your Sim crashed a few too many times and they need to recover, lean into the slower parts of life in Mt. Komorebi. Hit up the the onsen bathhouse to soak your Sim’s problems (and injuries!) away. Is there anything better than watching the steam rise into the cold night above after a long day? We didn’t think so.

Even the hiking trails just outside of town offer something new every time. Explore bamboo forests, pause to reflect at the graveyard, or visit the mountain temple with friends to get the full experience. Do remember to dress appropriately, though—depending on where you are, it sure can get cold here!

uirxw0f65gu4.png

Build It Up

Rent one of the vacation lots or build your own home when you arrive in Mt. Komorebi! Find inspiration all around town for your next project, whatever it is. New features like shoji doors, tile roofs, and tatami mats lean into the Japanese inspiration behind the pack, and going forward, you can also start playing with customizable platforms! But that’s not all. Fill your home with both modern and traditional furniture options, and make sure to add a cozy kotatsu table for group meals like hot pot.

Outside, enjoy the harmony of this peaceful mountain environment. Add koi to your decorative fountains and start a rock garden under the shade of Japanese maple trees—whatever makes you happy!

So, what’s your snowy escape?

The Sims 4 Snowy Escape Expansion Pack arrives on November 13, 2020, at midnight in your region on Origin (for Mac and PC) and at 10 a.m. PT for Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4! Preorder it today to be first in line for the gondola!

Source: ea.com

Comments

• Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,965 Member
    edited October 2020
    Love that we can rent or build! I absolutely hate cold weather but I love it for my Sims!

I took the quiz.

6IrFxCW.png
  • Options
    SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    So many cool features! Looking forward to this!
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Apparently, the gondola is used for transport somehow (I'm guessing like the boat in Brindleton Bay). Kids can ski, sled and snowboard. YES!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,027 Member
    Some thoughts on the blog post.
    • Rock climbing, skiing, and snowboarding skills: Looks like they're skills that you can improve on. Here's hoping at least one of them allows for competition with other sims, or a way to win prize money. Sports and activities aren't nearly as fun if you're doing it alone.
    • Children can ski and snowboard: Perfect, because I'd love to have a sim train in sports when they're young. Though they'll probably just betied to the Motor skill, RIP.
    • Explore bamboo forests: Rabbit holes, probably.
    • Pause to reflect at the graveyard: Probably set dressing. At best, maybe we'll have a "reflect" option by clicking on a tombstone to get a dumb sad moodlet.
    • Visit the mountain temple with friends: I think we saw that stuff in the trailer. Nothing deep, but something for tourists to do. I like that, it's cute and something I've been asking for. Hopefully we can also get souvenirs.
    • Kotatsu table:Hell yeah.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    EA_Leeloo wrote: »

Hope you have ski boots and cold-weather gear—The Sims™ 4 Snowy Escape Expansion Pack* is sending a chill through the air on November 13, 2020! We’re heading to the Japanese-inspired world of Mt. Komorebi, where high-energy snow sports and relaxing slow experiences present an array of new Lifestyles to choose from. See you at the top of the mountain, Simmers!

Get Some Air

Breathe in that fresh mountain air and start working on your Sim's rock climbing, skiing, and snowboarding skills. They'll want to level up if they ever intend to explore anything bigger than the easy practice courses. Once they’ve gotten the hang of it, take the gondola up to the bigger ski runs and the climbing routes to the peak. Even wipeouts look cool up there… probably. But when Sims get really good, show off with a light-up board and the chicest snow gear.

It’s not just for adults, either. Children can ski and snowboard on the less challenging trails while parents take their toddlers sledding! It’s snow fun for everyone.

Cool Down

If your Sim crashed a few too many times and they need to recover, lean into the slower parts of life in Mt. Komorebi. Hit up the the onsen bathhouse to soak your Sim’s problems (and injuries!) away. Is there anything better than watching the steam rise into the cold night above after a long day? We didn’t think so.

Even the hiking trails just outside of town offer something new every time. Explore bamboo forests, pause to reflect at the graveyard, or visit the mountain temple with friends to get the full experience. Do remember to dress appropriately, though—depending on where you are, it sure can get cold here!

uirxw0f65gu4.png

Build It Up

Rent one of the vacation lots or build your own home when you arrive in Mt. Komorebi! Find inspiration all around town for your next project, whatever it is. New features like shoji doors, tile roofs, and tatami mats lean into the Japanese inspiration behind the pack, and going forward, you can also start playing with customizable platforms! But that’s not all. Fill your home with both modern and traditional furniture options, and make sure to add a cozy kotatsu table for group meals like hot pot.

Outside, enjoy the harmony of this peaceful mountain environment. Add koi to your decorative fountains and start a rock garden under the shade of Japanese maple trees—whatever makes you happy!

The Sims 4 Snowy Escape Expansion Pack arrives on November 13, 2020, at midnight in your region on Origin (for Mac and PC) and at 10 a.m. PT for Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4! Preorder it today to be first in line for the gondola!

By gondelas do the mean boats or the ski lift? I always thought of gondelas as boats but it says take a gondela up to.
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member

Get Some Air

Cool Down

uirxw0f65gu4.png

Build It Up

By gondelas do the mean boats or the ski lift? I always thought of gondelas as boats but it says take a gondela up to.

In the trailer, it was obviously a gondola of the type that transports people in the heights (like they have in some mountain areas, not just for skiing purposes but for going higher on the mountain.) It didn't look like a "ski lift" at all.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member
    It looks interesting. I could see myself getting at some point but not right away. I'm interested in learning more though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    I don’t know. I haven’t gotten the Star Wars pack because it didn’t offer anything that enhances my current gameplay. So far, I’m not sold on this as a must have immediately.

If I see something with an ocean theme, that’s probably what I’d drop everything to get right now. My current play through involves merfolk and a multitude of missed opportunities. I actually bought the game and everything else because of Island Living, and I was expecting more. This has made it harder to justify buying every pack. I just don’t want to get my hopes up and expect something that isn’t delivered. At least with merfolk, Sims 4 offers less than Sims 3. For a sequel game, that was disappointing.

For now, it looks like another thing I’ll get later. I will get it eventually, and It definitely looks like a good pack for the winter. I wonder what will come out next summer.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited October 2020
    Love that we can rent or build! I absolutely hate cold weather but I love it for my Sims!

I took the quiz.

6IrFxCW.png

I stopped the quiz because almost no answers I wanted to answer were available. Especially question 3 didn't have a single answer that fitted me.
    (I know it's a joke quiz, don't jump me).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    I wonder if there is a new Japanese food cart.

One idea I'm going to play is that I will create a mean, angry sim that hates all these snowbirds coming to his mountain and ruining it. So, he dresses as a snow Yeti and tries to frighten away all the mountain interlopers that are destroying his mountain, only, they find him funny and mostly ignore him which just makes him try harder.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Love the Japanese inspired world, finally representing a different culture in a pack that is fully dedicated to it. Definitely want to build a sushi restaurant/bar. Also, SO love the hotpot as a group activity because (pre-pandemic) I would go out for hotpot all the time with friends. Such a lovely additive to the game.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,554 Member
    I remember sledding with hubby and we each had a toddler in front as we raced down the hill together, so much fun. It is awesome that our sims will be able to do it.

There still doesn't look enough for an expansion though, so I am waiting to see what other features there are.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited October 2020
    All these Sims wiping out on the slopes look just like me when I try to ski. Awesome. I'll be in the bathhouse.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    All these Sims wiping out on the slopes look just like me when I try to ski. Awesome. I'll be in the bathhouse.

Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Apparently, the gondola is used for transport somehow (I'm guessing like the boat in Brindleton Bay). Kids can ski, sled and snowboard. YES!

The gondola takes Sims to the top of the mountain.

I understand that it takes sims to and from the mountain top. My point is you probably won't see your sim get in or out of that gondola. It might work the same way the Brindleton Boat works in that you click on it and your sim teleports to the top or bottom, depending on where they are when you click.
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    I am so hyped for the pack, the trailer is amazing! I'm already in love with the Japanese-inspired style and can't wait to explore everything that the world has to offer! :heart:
    I took the quiz.
    6IrFxCW.png
    I stopped the quiz because almost no answers I wanted to answer were available. Especially question 3 didn't have a single answer that fitted me.
    @simgirl1010 I don't particularly like the cold and got immersive, too! :smiley: For me, that's really spot-on as that's what I enjoy most whenever I travel! What about you?
    @Beardedgeek I'm curious now! Don't mind the pre-fabricated quiz answers - have you thought about what your thing would be? :relaxed:

Has anyone else here taken the quiz? What did you get? :grin:
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,554 Member
    edited October 2020
    I took it and got this:

Screenshot%202020-10-21%20111855.png?dl=0

My ideal holiday is hiking and kayaking/canoeing in the Lake District (UK), and I've climbed a few mountains, so no surprise with that result!
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited October 2020
    I got... Inspired?

I don't know how to switch the test to English so I can post a result here that everybody can read, but it says that I'm looking for new ideas for my house and its decor, and that my inner architect will come to life.

So... Apparently the test thinks I'm a builder, which I'm definitely not. :D But hey, if there's indeed an architect somewhere inside me, it might as well come out and help me get better at building!
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I am so hyped for the pack, the trailer is amazing! I'm already in love with the Japanese-inspired style and can't wait to explore everything that the world has to offer! :heart:
    I took the quiz.
    6IrFxCW.png
    @simgirl1010 I don't particularly like the cold and got immersive, too! :smiley: For me, that's really spot-on as that's what I enjoy most whenever I travel! What about you?
    @Beardedgeek I'm curious now! Don't mind the pre-fabricated quiz answers - have you thought about what your thing would be? :relaxed:

Has anyone else here taken the quiz? What did you get? :grin:

I did it later and got "laid back" which seems accurate.
    My preferred answer on no 3 would have been "nothing", it's a bit of an odd one, I guess it ties into the name of the pack but my Sims are not escaping from anything at all.
    :)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,027 Member
    I got inspired, too. Hoping for immersive. Buuuut I've been building more than playing in S4 lately, and I've been waiting to make some traditional Japanese homes.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,726 Member
    I got trendy, makes sense. I like to create outfits in CAS, one of my favorite thing to do is to go around and give townies makeovers with cas.fulleditmode. I'm looking forward to see what I can do with the new pack. There will probably be a lot of screenshots...
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited October 2020
    Last night, I did notice a need for more winter wear. Granted, Sulani is a tropical island that doesn't experience freezing temperatures. Still, with everything I want to do, I'm certain I'll end up exploring places with snow.

I'm still hesitant about potential bugs. There are still plenty of things that need attention with existing incomplete or buggy content.

Edit:I'm curious about the build items. I wonder what I could use in Sulani.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I got inspired on the quiz... but just played for a type of sim I want to make. Was thinking of someone that isn't into sports, someone traditional that wanted their inner zen, someone that lives there.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I got Immersive. I agree that most of the answers didn’t really fit.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Mine was ACTIVE when it should have been about building. Maybe I answered what I thought my sim might be as opposed to what I actually am. Oh well, time to try again.

I hoping the colab with gamechangers helped also locate the bugs and now they've been fixed for the most part. But even four GC's can't possibly play every way the whole community does so, there's likely to be a bug or two.

I wonder if anyone thought to place an ice skating rink somewhere in the mountain neighborhood, hopefully not in the backyard of one of the biggest mansions like they did in Willow Creek.