Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited October 2020
    @Bonxie Thank you for the link. I have had another look at the documentation and found a “Bypass blue babies” option I overlooked before. This could be helpful for future hybrids...

In going back into the game and exploring MCCC options for Celeste, I have found “Alien-ize Sim” and this might be a good way to go. She’d be able to disguise then.
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,697 Member
    edited October 2020
    No issues with MCCC v7.4.0 and Sims 4 v1.67.45

There have been no errors reported so far after that EA update. Everything seems to work as expected.
    Deaderpool wrote:
    Today’s update from EA has not caused any problems with the current version of the mod. Today’s update was mostly new content for Hispanic month and some bug fixes. It didn’t result in any script changes, which would have caused issues for me to fix with MCCC.

Please make sure, that you use the latest MCCC Version 7.4.0
    The older versions will certainly not work with the new patch.

Find the download link on this page:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Alternative DL site, just in case you're facing issues.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-7-4-0-41986209 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

Legacy players (32-bit) should keep MCCC version 6.6.0:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-6-6-0-31490960 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

If you have any questions please ask,
    or visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/mccc

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Is there a way to clean up randomized accessories, hats, and makeup whenever a Sim ages up?

No, unfortunately there is no particular setting doing this. But you might try these settings from the MCCC computer menu:
    Computer:MCCC > MC Cleaner > Item Cleaner > Remove Items
    You can define what should be removed and also from which ages. You might probably go through some testing until you find a suitable configuration.

You can find the MC Cleaner documentation here:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/settings
    Select "MC Cleaner" as search criteria in "search module".

You might also try this command from the MCCC sims menu:
    Sim:MCCC > MC Dresser > Remove All Accessories
    to immediately remove all accessories from the target sim.
  • Options
    SloturtleSloturtle Posts: 7 New Member
    I went to the career cheats link and followed all directions. Demoting my sims career only gets her fired and does not allow her to switch branches. I've been trying all week to fix this and nothing has worked. If I knew picking one career branch would lock the other forever, I wouldn't have even given my sims jobs. It seems needlessly difficult in a life simulation game. Anybody have solutions that will help?
  • Options
    SloturtleSloturtle Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Sloturtle said:
    > I went to the career cheats link and followed all directions. Demoting my sims career only gets her fired and does not allow her to switch branches. I've been trying all week to fix this and nothing has worked. If I knew picking one career branch would lock the other forever, I wouldn't have even given my sims jobs. It seems needlessly difficult in a life simulation game. Anybody have solutions that will help?
    >

[Solved] Checked with the support team on MCCC discord and they say theres no current fix to the issue. EA just wants your sims to commit i guess
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,593 Member
    Sloturtle wrote: »
    > @Sloturtle said:
    > I went to the career cheats link and followed all directions. Demoting my sims career only gets her fired and does not allow her to switch branches. I've been trying all week to fix this and nothing has worked. If I knew picking one career branch would lock the other forever, I wouldn't have even given my sims jobs. It seems needlessly difficult in a life simulation game. Anybody have solutions that will help?
    >

[Solved] Checked with the support team on MCCC discord and they say theres no current fix to the issue. EA just wants your sims to commit i guess

Bummer. I know I have used that in the past to demote my Sim, because I chose way too quickly and got the wrong career path! Yikes.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GrykonGrykon Posts: 3 New Member
    With so many commands being removed or broken by the game, I thought I would test this mod out and it is kind of like testing a Ferrari when all you wanted was a 5 speed bicycle! lol Am I right in assuming that the population module removes the normal split house hold option from a sim's phone? If I am, if I remove that script mc_population.ts4script will it give me back the split household without messing up a larger household size in another house? Basically I want the larger household option for some houses but I still want to be able to move sims in and out of houses without moving the entire family or screwing something up within the population settings because it is way too much for me. lol Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Grykon wrote: »
    With so many commands being removed or broken by the game, I thought I would test this mod out and it is kind of like testing a Ferrari when all you wanted was a 5 speed bicycle! lol Am I right in assuming that the population module removes the normal split house hold option from a sim's phone? If I am, if I remove that script mc_population.ts4script will it give me back the split household without messing up a larger household size in another house? Basically I want the larger household option for some houses but I still want to be able to move sims in and out of houses without moving the entire family or screwing something up within the population settings because it is way too much for me. lol Thanks!

You're playing with households bigger than 8, right? If so, you have to live with this and other restrictions. There are some detailed explanations about how to deal with hh > 8 on our MCCC documentation web site.

The game code is not written for households with more than 8 sims. You could loose individual sims or your entire household. Worst case is a corrupted save game with no chance to recover it. At least be preapared for strange game behaviour. MCCC has that option, because there is the technical possibility to do so and there are some scenarios like group poses where you can use it without any risk. But that doesn't mean, that it's a good idea to use it for continuous gameplay. MCCC in no way fixes EA's code to make it flawlessly work with that function.
  • Options
    GrykonGrykon Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Bonxie said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You're playing with households bigger than 8, right? If so, you have to live with this and other restrictions. There are some detailed explanations about how to deal with hh > 8 on our MCCC documentation web site.
    >
    > The game code is not written for households with more than 8 sims. You could loose individual sims or your entire household. Worst case is a corrupted save game with no chance to recover it. At least be preapared for strange game behaviour. MCCC has that option, because there is the technical possibility to do so and there are some scenarios like group poses where you can use it without any risk. But that doesn't mean, that it's a good idea to use it for continuous gameplay. MCCC in no way fixes EA's code to make it flawlessly work with that function.

Well just one household right now is bigger than 8. I think I have figured a work around for it using another command cheat by twistedmexi. I can go to another house and type tm.fullhouse and name of Sim and it pulls them to the house and adds them to the household there.Not exactly what I wanted but it seems the only option at this time. Thank you for responding.
  • Options
    PlopperPlopper Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello I have a question please. several times now I have changed some settings within MCCC and they have not seemed to take effect, anything that I change that gives the message that I need "A game restart is required for this settings change to take effect don't seem to be working.

So my question is does this mean that I have to save and quit out and reload for the setting to take effect or do I have to start a new game save file for it to take effect?
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Plopper wrote: »
    Hello I have a question please. several times now I have changed some settings within MCCC and they have not seemed to take effect, anything that I change that gives the message that I need "A game restart is required for this settings change to take effect don't seem to be working.

So my question is does this mean that I have to save and quit out and reload for the setting to take effect or do I have to start a new game save file for it to take effect?

i change about 3 at a time then go in game to see if it worked. yes if it requires restarting you need to do it everytime. but i can usually do three than do the restart.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Your settings will be immediately stored in your mc_settings.cfg. But this file is only loaded once during the start of the game, that's why you have to exit and restart. There is no need to start a new save game.
  • Options
    Thanx so much for the replies guys. If that is the case though I may have a problem then or need some clarification.

When the new version came out with the move teens as dependents option ( I think it's this option causing it) I noticed that when a teen was old enough to move out that the whole family would move with them whereas in the past they would just move out on their own.

And after turning that option off the whole family is still moving whenever MC decides to move a teen as they come of age.

So is it another setting that would cause that or isn't the setting taking effect?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    ☆☆☆ Early Reminder ☆☆☆

With the release of the new expansion pack „Snowy Escape” at NOV 13 2020, there will be for sure a huge S4 patch some days beforehand. We know from the past, that there will be new features integrated in our games and also a couple of already existing things will be changed to adapt to the new EP content.

This is the most stressful time for modders like @Deaderpool because unfortunately there is no prerelease of both patch or EP to adapt their mods. They have to do it literally on the fly while hundreds of fans are waiting impatiently to play the game the way they are used to and with the modifications they like. I can already foresee the first postings on patch/EP release evening in the comments like “When will there be a “Snowy Escape” version of MC, because I get some much error messages” or “My game is constantly crashing and I don’t know why”. Yeah, but we know…

To make it easier for everybody, I suggest – especially for those who uses Mods such as MC in their game – to turn off automatic updates in Origin.
    Have a look at this post https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17521730/#Comment_17521730 for some patch prep tips.

This is on the one hand by all means best practice, on the other it will prevent mismatch between the game version and the mods in use. If automatic updates are deactivated, Origin will show a message, that a new update is available, but delays the installation, until it’s executed manually.

I also suggest to wait with installing the new EP until @Deaderpool releases a stable MC version matching with the new content for the same reasons.

I know many players want to check out the new game options as soon as possible, but really best thing is to be patient. Better wait some days than being frustrated.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Reminder
  • Options
    Thanx so much for the replies guys. If that is the case though I may have a problem then or need some clarification.

When the new version came out with the move teens as dependents option ( I think it's this option causing it) I noticed that when a teen was old enough to move out that the whole family would move with them whereas in the past they would just move out on their own.

And after turning that option off the whole family is still moving whenever MC decides to move a teen as they come of age.

So is it another setting that would cause that or isn't the setting taking effect?

From the MCCC documentation:
    Computer:MCCC > MC Population > Move Settings > Move Teens as Dependents
    This setting determines if teen Sims are treated as dependents or if they are allowed to move out into a single household by themselves. Additionally, if they are dependents, when their parents move due to pregnancy/marriage and the “Move Families” setting is enabled in MC Pregnancy, they will move with the family. Defaults to True. Note that this does not affect teens moving if they get married themselves. If that is allowed in MC Pregnancy/Marriage settings, then they are allowed to move as they always have.
  • Options
    Bonxie wrote: »
    ☆☆☆ Early Reminder ☆☆☆

With the release of the new expansion pack „Snowy Escape” at NOV 13 2020, there will be for sure a huge S4 patch some days beforehand. We know from the past, that there will be new features integrated in our games and also a couple of already existing things will be changed to adapt to the new EP content.

This is the most stressful time for modders like @Deaderpool because unfortunately there is no prerelease of both patch or EP to adapt their mods. They have to do it literally on the fly while hundreds of fans are waiting impatiently to play the game the way they are used to and with the modifications they like. I can already foresee the first postings on patch/EP release evening in the comments like “When will there be a “Snowy Escape” version of MC, because I get some much error messages” or “My game is constantly crashing and I don’t know why”. Yeah, but we know…

To make it easier for everybody, I suggest – especially for those who uses Mods such as MC in their game – to turn off automatic updates in Origin.
    Have a look at this post https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17521730/#Comment_17521730 for some patch prep tips.

This is on the one hand by all means best practice, on the other it will prevent mismatch between the game version and the mods in use. If automatic updates are deactivated, Origin will show a message, that a new update is available, but delays the installation, until it’s executed manually.

I also suggest to wait with installing the new EP until @Deaderpool releases a stable MC version matching with the new content for the same reasons.

I know many players want to check out the new game options as soon as possible, but really best thing is to be patient. Better wait some days than being frustrated.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Reminder

just checking does stable mean no issues? sorry haven't been up that long so coffee hasn't had a chance to work.
  • Options
    > @Bonxie said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > From the MCCC documentation:
    > Computer:MCCC > MC Population > Move Settings > Move Teens as Dependents
    > This setting determines if teen Sims are treated as dependents or if they are allowed to move out into a single household by themselves. Additionally, if they are dependents, when their parents move due to pregnancy/marriage and the “Move Families” setting is enabled in MC Pregnancy, they will move with the family. Defaults to True. Note that this does not affect teens moving if they get married themselves. If that is allowed in MC Pregnancy/Marriage settings, then they are allowed to move as they always have.

There is something wrong for sure then, I have the Move Families option set to move the whole family if the parents move, but I have the options set to allow teens to move out on their own when they age up and become eligible and the dependents option turned off, but when the notification comes up in the top right hand corner of the screen to say that Luna Villareal (for example) has moved on her own, when I then go to the lot she has moved to and the whole family of Villareal's that were in the house Luna moved out of have moved with her too. This has happened 3 or 4 times with Luna now and has happened to several other teens too!
  • Options
    It's happened again, I have downloaded MCCC again, removed the settings file, started a save file just to change the settings, then started another save file with the settings turned off and on the first moving notification day about 15 Townie Teens moved out and ALL of their families moved with them. I'm at a loss as to what to do!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    It's happened again, I have downloaded MCCC again, removed the settings file, started a save file just to change the settings, then started another save file with the settings turned off and on the first moving notification day about 15 Townie Teens moved out and ALL of their families moved with them. I'm at a loss as to what to do!!!

Please come over to our MCCC discord server to discuss this issue in detail.
    Use this link: https://discord.gg/mccc

Meanwhile I will discuss this with the mod creator.
  • Options
    just checking does stable mean no issues? sorry haven't been up that long so coffee hasn't had a chance to work.

Yeah, stable means that it's working flawlessly but might be still considered as hotfix or workaround. As I said in my post, a lot of gamers expect a reaction within a very short time.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Please come over to our MCCC discord server to discuss this issue in detail.
    Use this link: https://discord.gg/mccc

Meanwhile I will discuss this with the mod creator.

I got the answer from @Deaderpool, the MCCC creator:
    This is a known issue which will be fixed with the next MCCC version 7.5.0.

Version 7.5.0 has already reached the beta-phase. The public release is planned aproximately in November.
  • Options

Yeah, stable means that it's working flawlessly but might be still considered as hotfix or workaround. As I said in my post, a lot of gamers expect a reaction within a very short time.

thanks.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    y4mb-sIAi9uAXs5LTqJgHZgj_KtGBuxsRKOVqXmfmqaT54yYcsc6db207rr8U9dA3690quPQaD0owYlp1dmkCc6-nC_2jMQbklql9OFSzsMEXAw0CtcWTmNl-4WMduo2R03Huxuc_EkS-6KZMJ0b5GiEJPiv2qm12GXe58E09YHf4YRzw3iPANLeYLmytGbwHrN?width=1600&height=1096&cropmode=none

Check this article https://simscommunity.info/2020/11/06/preparing-for-the-sims-4-snowy-escape-base-game-update/ regarding patch content.

Join our Discord MCCC community!
    Get support not only for MCCC issues but for all game related problems including lastException file analysis.
    • Live chat with hundreds of fellow MCCC users from all over the world
    • Live chat with some well-known Mod creators
    • Live support from the legendary MCCC support team, even in different languages (i. e. Korean, French, Spanish, Russian, German)
    • Live support even from MCCC creator Deaderpool
    https://discord.gg/mccc
    One of the biggest Sims 4 Discord servers!

#MCCC #Patch #Update
  • Options
    MCCC v7.5.0 for Sims 4 game version 1.67.45 is out now!

Find the download link on this page:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Alternative DL site, just in case you're facing issues.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-7-5-0-43679815 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

Find the complete change log here:
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/private/631657282878521344/tumblr_3101rqn8N6lzraLJc

An installation guide can be found here:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/installation

If you're experiencing problems with the installation, look into the troubleshooting guide:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/troubleshooting

Find the FAQ and the answers to fix your MCCC related issues here:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/faq

This release has been tested to be working with (but does not require) GTW, OR,  Get Together, Dine Out, City Life, Vampires, Parenthood, Cats & Dogs, Jungle Adventures, Seasons, Get Famous, Strangeville, Island  Living, Realm of Magic, University Living, Eco Living, Journey to Batuu and the patch released October 6, 2020 - PC: 1.67.45.1020/Mac: 1.67.45.1220.

Versions before this most likely won't work, so don’t be surprised if that’s the case!

The mod folder will look more or less like this after MCCC 7.5.0 installation/update:
    y4mz4Tq8htQ_MdjUAq6wa3PTTE7TQlASlHR_iFvhPhsA6-quuclzW56gVn0kZ3PvsVQbeFMxggeecba8IE3wq0H9u3eajxNzC1TwZBZM_D5WIKzUBWqxz6Xg0Zc7X5OpVaRVPPJSMvYKNn8XRtBNHyUWtYJzfA6pWG-H4YbWWkwjAd9_8I6G19R_Hbc5JXyFA47?width=631&height=508&cropmode=none

Check the CC and Mods in your game and use current versions only. Be careful when using outdated or orphaned DLC. If you get an orange error message referring to a Last Exception, the most probably reason is broken 3rd party stuff.

As proof of installation the welcome screen of MCCC 7.5.0 looks like this:
    y4mhCpweWEEJH7Obw2QsfODPSLTN_KVqPZTBrkCRuNzv6LNlQGe1aF_lft8yGRSeDiLp2EG8EgssTBzV7HUmRu4QEYwBkX1SIZBlJjBtcllWOYuXbMLr7FG-SdoSJO6OEELRkdOZXPGaHoSDidEwolj6NSW3HmJjYXncL2MsR8W4vO6ebD2p420zEMV1MJbeH4e?width=270&height=294&cropmode=none

Attention: Because of compatibility issues MCCC will no longer load and run if the ArtURLwww Pregnancy Mega Mod (PMM) is in use in the same game. The players can still choose to use PMM if they wish. MCCC will just not work if it’s in use.

Legacy players (32-bit) should keep MCCC version 6.6.0:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-6-6-0-31490960 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top