Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Stroll down Memory Lane" Thread.

If you're like me, you tend to save your screenshots. This thread is for those who want to take a stroll down memory lane and put up OLD screenshots of their Sims.

I only started playing Sims 3 back in January of 2017 two and a half months before I joined the Sims Forums. Soooo... Here's one of mine from back in Dec. of 2017.
Screenshot-42.jpg
"Not so tough are ya, Jared, when you come up against a decorated veteran."
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    Oh, I love this topic!
    I like to show off my family. :D
    I´ve been playing this family since Supernatural was released, that was on 6th September 2012 here in Germany.
    Haldir, the later founder of my family the Helmquists is actually my first picture I still have, the pictures before the release of Supernatural are gone, because the old computer had died a few weeks before and I´ve lost everything.
    Here is the very first picture of him where he learns how to talk.
    That picture is from the 10th September 2012
    2TNw5qW.jpg
    A few weeks later, on 3rd October he taught his first born Emerson how to walk
    9TUl4DZ.jpg
    On 5th October he married the love of his live Travis in a very private ceremony at the beach of Moonlight Falls
    9XN9vpA.jpg

To this day they still are married, this is their recent official picture for celebrating their marriage!
    ooKN1rz.jpg

If somebody is interested in them and their family, here you can read some more
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Although I have nearly all of the pics I have taken since I started playing when the game came out, they are packed away with other memories of my life in America. I found the earliest screenshots on this laptop from August 2016. I told my son I was due for a new laptop and the age of these pics tells me I am right. As soon as this lockdown is fully lifted I am off on a major shopping spree! :D
    I must have been playing a save with Eddie and Jensen when I got this laptop.
    50420983136_8bce4a032b_o.jpg
    50421151612_21f763e325_o.jpg
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited October 2020
    I found two old screenshots of one my sims from 3 years ago. I noticed that my gameplay tends to be somewhat gritty at times...

This poor soul’s name is Rex. He’s a highly skilled mixologist at a popular Sunlit Tides bar. In the eyes of others he seems like a happy, carefree man, but apparently it’s not all Paradise for him (sure look at the poor fella). Like many of my saves, this was going to turn into a wild, supernatural adventure i.e. sim trying to break out of everyday boredom; finds mysterious item; gets into (paranormal) trouble; saves the day.
    Although none of that happened to this guy yet...I’m beginning to feel bad for leaving him in his room like this...

Dude01.jpg

Dude02.jpg
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Photobucket is the devil, so I don't have access to some of my older pics, but I do have some cute ones from 2016 ish:

Like this one, where it looks like toddler Seth Costova is about to punch Bridgeport's Devin Ashton in the face. :tongue:
    R4gCOCi.jpg

And Seth's stroller victory celebration. :lol:
    JYZeqPf.jpg

Seth being sniffed by the family's cat, Bernie. Named after Bernie Sanders. :lol:
    S5kSs54.jpg

This real cute wedding pic of Mia and Devin
    CeWxFOV.jpg

And this pic of Devin and Mia also heckin cute. :3
    8YaANQc.jpg

I'm going to stop now before I post my entire imgur account. :lol:
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Emily4331 I remember Mia :p she was one of your characters I really liked.The way you made her lips was so cute how she would have that mischevious grin.Definately one of the cutest upper lips in Sims 3 history <3 Always reminded me of younger Winona Ryder *Horowitz*

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @CravenLestat Were you filling off-colour the day you made a male!? ;)

@Emily4331 Mia is always the first sim I think of when I think of you :)
  • Options
    Chi5678Chi5678 Posts: 268 Member
    ooo i like this topic! ahaha

Im not sure when this was taken but a while ago I made a super ridiculous looking family just to play with genetics and see them out and about when my sims went places for laughs. It was during my first try at a legacy challenge. Here's the dad from that family..
    FwHjFIr.jpg

Of course they had to have a ridiculous house too... Looks like I only have an unfurnished screenshot, but the whole house had glass walls with blue roofs and every room was 4x4 with narrow hallways to get everywhere. It was a maze and it was hilarious! If anyone's interested I'll get more screenshots if I can find the save xD
    ntt3Iiw.jpg

And when I used to build mansions then not actually play the game for much longer I always did floor patterns with different floor tiles to keep it interesting. Now I build cozy homes that turn into mansions as my families get richer, since I don't play with money cheats anymore. Here's an old screenshot of one of my mansions and cool floor, it's from a save where I wanted to play as a single teen but I got bored too quick haha
    zgttwnS.jpg

Alright I'll share more later :P Thanks for reading if you do!
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @CravenLestat The best lips in Sims 3 history, eh? I'll take it. :lol: Though it is oddly specific.

@Mikezumi I did spend such a huge chunk of time playing her and her family. :tongue: Honestly, come to think of it, she might be the only sim I played for an extensive period of time. So she's definitely in my sim hall of fame. :lol:

So this thread made me go through more of my imgur photos and now, having gone on a difficult hunt for some of my old sims, I'm going to go give them makeovers now because sleep is for the weak.

But, I mean, it kind of works out, right? Because @Chi5678 's first pic is going to haunt my dreams for all eternity, so looks like it's time to shift into "night-owl" gear anyway. :lol:

Edit: lol I put "week" instead of "weak" which should be all the indication I need that I should sleep but HA HA proper brain function is so overrated. :tired_face:
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    My memories are cut short as I hadn't bothered with taking pics for quite a while. It didn't help that my game crashed nearly every time I entered CAS, so my old sims are hardly changed preset sims, which isn't overly exciting. I posted my third pic ever recently in the main thread, and here's Marcus, my SV founder, in ITF again.
    1rfoOyp.jpg
    Well, I only really got into TS3 last year, and he's nothing to talk home about.
    Later I went back to one of my earlier saves with an earlier version of the same sim, who was one of the presets with some random traits etc. He had a "normal" face, but given he was hot-headed, he mostly made a face like this:
    y9Ftxqq.jpg
    My really first TS3 memories would be Bridgeport, ca. 2013. I guess I could try and pull one of those saves up, but given it was just a pre-set, it's probably not worth it. My current avatar pic is the current version of my very first sim.
  • Options
    @Emily4331 :D:D:D omg im so sorry now i have to show you the rest of the family LOL ill put it in a spoiler if you're too scared xD ill have to find the save too which will be a good while ahaha
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @Chi5678 I’m in bits looking at that family dad. Looking forward to seeing the wife and kids! 😂🤣
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 HAHA! I found the save file!! I have screenshots of their house and tbh as wacky as it is it do be kinda cute~ imma take the sims into CAS so I can show you good screenshot of each of them but here's the house while I fetch that
    7pse4g1.jpg
    jdw98Ds.jpg
    Em35nSL.jpg
    qYpYtwv.jpg

I forgot I painted the walls with red and white stripes to give a carnival feel, lol!

Edit: The family is missing? The house is there but no wacky family... Maybe I evicted them when I used to play the town, I'll see if i can go back a few saves
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • Options
    And alas! I found a save with the family! Muahaha, hope you enjoy everyone!
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 @Emily4331 (ok ok emily ill stop teasing open if you want :lol: )

I forgot I made the mom decent looking to give the children hopes when playing with genetics XD so here's the mom
    SQEdutk.jpg

And the rest I'll put in a spoiler so I don't fill the whole thread or permanently haunt anyone else's dreams :lol:
    I did mom, dad, then child boy and girl, teenage boy and girl, and toddler boy and girl. In the save I found the toddlers already aged up to children and the children already aged up to teenagers, so that's what I'll be showing here.

In case you missed it earlier, here's the dad again
    FwHjFIr.jpg

Next we have the children
    GD4XaIv.jpg
    W8UAxIY.jpg

Now the teens, I'll go from worst to best I don't remember who's older~
    A0O1sue.jpg

he's even worse from the side LOL
    s2aAkkE.jpg
    kLMbsPM.jpg
    I6NAaBX.jpg
    tbh she kinda looks like someone but I can't place it~

and last but not least, the one in the family who actually got the looks and is decent, aside from the fact that he looks high,
    IwQZFMu.jpg
    His name is Russel if anyone likes him xD
    Hahaha I hope you enjoyed!!

But wait, there's more! No wacky family is complete without some wacky cats :lol:
    KibBwVx.jpg
    ltprnGR.jpg
    w9QEngV.jpg

Thanks for reading! Maybe this family would actually be fun to play, to see if I could beautify the family through generations or if the genetics would stick, hahaha!
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Omg, this is such a great thread! but now that I went to my old screenshots in both photobucket and imgur, I just can't with them feels! :bawling:

So I started playing TS3 around the second half of 2011 but in March of 2012 (if I'm not mistaken) I started a legacy save that I used to post in a different unofficial sims forums (a spanish one), because of the format I used I can't post the very first screenshots I took of that save but I have some that aren't as terrible
    This one is my founder, her name was Lacie
    icQReJE.png
    Please, excuse the low quality :joy: . Man, to this day I regret the looks I gave her, I was going for an anime girl kinda look with her but I didn't want to go overboard with the sliders so she could look tolerable... still, her nose was too small and alien looking and then every heir after her got it :bawling: (because it's the only feature left from her! :bawling: )
    Anyway, the family started in Riverview, so she got married with Sherman Bagley and they had six children with fruit names... I legit wanted only three but, past self installed mods and then past self left the game unpaused once, then it was just past self forgetting them unsupervised at home :astonished:
    Anyways, to make things short since this is a screenshot thread, not a... tell your story?, at some point I made this sort of collage thing with all the second generation kids... I don't know why... I like having the extra work I guess lol
    eWtThWb.png
    It gives me major feels :bawling:
    The black spaces are obviously because I couldn't find the needed screenshots and as you can see, one of them it's not like the others... 👀 (he still around)

zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    @Ziristha haha omg i love the collage! Hopefully one day I'll play a legacy long enough to have that many good photos xD i get bored before reaching the 3rd generation :cry:
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Oh my @Chi5678 this stuff gives me stomach ache! 🤣😂
    I’m glad I wasn’t in one of my online meetings when I decided to check out your sims family. I would have had to mute and postpone the entire thing until further notice.

All I can say is that Dad is one hell of a lucky guy with a wife like Mom...
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    A couple shots from some of my very first games:
    Screenshot-6.jpg
    A build of mine with an indoor pool.
    Screenshot-19.jpg
    When I had celebrity "on". Evidently...someone thought it would be a good idea to keep sending my sim "pianos".
    Screenshot-93.jpg

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer I wish I knew someone in RL generous enough to send me pianos just like that. One for each room. Glorious. ;)
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    @Chi5678 thanks, I actually have more collages like that for the other generations... except third gen (it was no good :cry: ).
    As for getting past third gen, for me what works is taking screenshots, never having more than two sims sharing more than two traits and having saves or projects going on the side, the latter for the times I'm stuck or bored (usually this is more of me being excited about a new idea I had for a save :lol: ), so I can have a change of pace. The screenshots so I can see them again and be all like "aww I remember that! I miss them :cry: " and go back to playing the family and the whole 'avoid the same traits' thing, so I don't end up having the same sims with different faces with the same wishes and behaviour over and over again, every trait is welcome in the family... no matter how annoying I might find it :grimace:
    Good luck for when and if you try a long generational save, it's really fun and kind of heartwarming when you look back to where you started :blush:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    @Chi5678 Okay, I was ready to be more frightened and I definitely was, but luckily the derpy cats made me laugh enough to wash away the fear of the monsters before them. :lol:
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Chi5678: Love the pictures.

@Emily4331: Hello

@Ziristha: Great pictures

@Nikkei_Simmer: :) Great pictures

@Turjan: Hello

@Mikezumi: Hello

@CravenLestat: Great pictures

@AlexaKry: Hello

@CAPTAIN_NXR7: Hello

Does Sims2 pictures count?
    :) Smile!

• Options
    @Puddinroy

Hello.

I believe this thread is in the Sims 3 general discussion, not in The Sims franchise. 🙂
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    River when I first started using her as a character.
    Screenshot-168.jpg
    Screenshot-4.jpg
    Gotta rock out that electric guitar.
    Screenshot-12.jpg
    What I like doing to Jared Frio... Oh... Evil_Haruo is on Jared's mind. How shocking.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Another one of my gritty past saves. I built an entire prison island world in CAW one time. The island was surrounded by a huge wall for obvious reasons. I had the main institutional building designed as a (Haunted) panopticon. My active sim was locked up for something he didn’t do, although I can’t remember what it was. I believe he started a nice family once he escaped.
    Apologies for the gloomy pictures in this thread. I’m actually a very cheerful person.
    PRISON-ISLAND.jpg
    BARS.jpg
    🤔...also don’t be spooked by the shape of those boxers. Believe me the guy is not very excited to be there. It’s just a graphical glitch and I couldn’t find a pic without it.