Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where do you take your Sims (except Newcrest)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I play rotational with all houses. I tend to keep my Sims within the area so to speak, only traveling to the closest entertainment, bars, libraries or what have you. Families tend to stay home more than others, especially with toddlers. Which feels a lot like reality :P
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited October 2020
    I made a bunch of outdoor beer and wine gardens with games and music where I usually send Sims to congregate. I’ve also got a lot of different clubs like single parents, all the brothers and cousins from one family, wine book club, etc so the spots are usually packed with fun Sims I created.

Edit: I really wish they’d add a music pack...it’d be so fun to have live bands and make a mini festival at the wine garden.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    My sims would mostly end up visiting Windenburg because it has the most venues in my game like coffee shops, bars and clubs.

I took out one of the cafes and replaced it with a karaoke club, Countryside Cabaret. (I found it on the Gallery but I forget the original name.) It's probably my favorite karaoke bar in my save; I send most of my Sims there. I've been thinking of moving my current Sim, Misty Forrest, to Glimmerbrook because I'm hoping her upcoming baby will be a spellcaster (I edited Morgyn Ember to be able to get Sims pregnant just long enough to knock up my Sim, then switched them back to Neither), but now that you mention it, I'm leaning towards Windenburg now. If the kid does have a magical bloodline, s/he can always move to Glimmerbrook later. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited October 2020
    (I know you said 'not Newcrest, but...') I have NewCrest set up with a section that is restaurants, bowling, spa, cafe's, community pool, park, etc... My current thing for my Sims to do is I have 2 community centers set up, one is in Sulani, one is in Emerald Point. Lots of socializing.
    Post edited by joRN1414 on
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I always liked playing a vampire Sim I created, I used a mod making her not have to take any weaknesses, and between having all perks ( except the one that makes an always fine emotion don't use that one) and most reward traits, it makes her rather easy to play for long periods of time and only thing she needs is plasma, but she hangs out at Karaoke Bar, other nightclub places, mostly around where she can still get Plasma Jane. There have been some games where she would travel to so many places and not have gone back home for a week. She's usually got so many friends, I miss them calling more to invite her places. I wish they allowed it more like they used to, made it easier to go to parties too and not jyst be one throwing them at random venues.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,915 Member
    I have different venues in most of my worlds so my sims travel all over. Actually I don't really consider them worlds but neighborhoods or neighboring towns. I have a seafood restaurant in Brindleton Bay and Sulani, Italian in Willow Creak, Mexican in Oasis Springs, Asian in Newcrest, a diner in Magnolia Promenade, a pub in Windenburg and a 5 star restaurant in San Myshunu. My sims usually go out for family dinners on Saturday nights, brunch on Sunday, or date night on Fridays. Occasionally my adult female sim will meet her friends, mother, or other relatives somewhere for lunch. I have a couple of vet hospitals and my pet goes for routine check ups. I have a roller skating and ice skating rink, splash park with a pool, several cafes, parks, a laundromat, a photography shop, a couple of gyms, lounges, nightclubs, bars, spas, a motel in Sulani. My sims have plenty of places to go. :)
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I just built a performing arts amphitheatre within Oasis Springs Park.
    50361634313_320c737008_b.jpg
    So far, Green Day and The Monkees have performed there.
    50358537932_74ae136e1d_b.jpg
    50362329651_c4f52de18b_b.jpg

My Sims spend a lot of time at home, but they often go to festivals in San Myshuno, to Sulani to collect seashells, to nightclubs in Windenburg, and to the library in Willow Creek, to mention a few.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ehud8651ehud8651 Posts: 62 Member
    Sulani, best place to visit, worst place to live
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,130 Member
    1. The Island Nightclub Lounge
    2. The Outdoor Party at the Ruins
    3. The City Festivals
    4. Vacation in the Jungle
    5. My Seasonal Outdoor Nightclub Festival
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I wait until a festival and go to it from the popup. Or I wait for someone to invite my Sims to a party and join THAT from a popup.

If I'm going on a date though, I always go to Rattlesnake Juice in Oasis Springs. There are benches outside, and you can complete all the date goals without even going inside. Get gold dates a few times and BOOM, done, they have a relationship and I can get back to the fun things, like holidays and festivals.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    I rarely used to take my sims out, but I'm starting to use clubs to help with that.
    I get them together and they travel all the worlds.
    My sim has a family club and a teenage club. Makes it more interesting.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2020
    Most of my Sims entertain themselves at home. If they go anywhere it's to the Romance Festival, Spice Festival and occasionally GeekCon. For the first two festivals, after they harvest the plants and do the Spicy challenge, they'll head over to one of the Karaoke bars to sing and have some drinks. I've had only one couple renew their vows at the Romance Festival, never get married there. At GeekCon they mostly go to use the Rocket ships, Observatory and computers, but not for the contest unless they have some programming skills.

Other than that, they mostly just go places to fulfil aspiration goals or fill needs as R2R Sims. For instance; the Willow Creek museum to view three paintings, then leave, the Library there to use computers when they're poor and collect stuff in the public areas, my remodeled Magnolia Blossom park and Oasis Springs park for fishing, collecting, etc., gyms from all the worlds to fill needs, Granite Falls, but usually not for vacation, just to get the mascot schematic from the statue, to collect bugs/plants, befriend the Hermit, buy Glow fruit from the kiosk and do a little fishing to fill that aspiration goal, Sylvan Glades and Forgotten Grotto for rare fish and Magnolia Promenade to get rare fish/collectibles from the fishing pier there.

Sometimes they'll visit Brindleton Bay to get fish they haven't caught yet from a vendor or go fishing at a certain spot on the island with the lighthouse where they can reliably get gold bars and valuable ambrosia treats. Sometimes they'll go to San Myshuno just to get produce from a vendor if they need a certain one out of season for grafting purposes, or go to the Casbah Gallery to use the instruments and woodworking table there, plus paint a mural.

My Sims never visit Selvadorado for just a vacation, they only go there to fulfil aspirations and they don't vacation in Sulani either, only live there. Sometimes they'll go to The Screaming Llama if invited or for a date. I like to send them there because of the Foosball and Don't Wake The Llama gaming tables. Can't remember the name of the cafe', Hedgehog maybe? But I do like to send them there on dates sometimes or the one club by the water on dates or if they're looking for a date. Why? They both have closets. :D It's extremely rare though for my Sims to go to these bars/cafes on a date. Most just find their mates walking by the house, in the park or sometimes at Festivals.

Sometimes they'll go to The Bluffs and Von Haunte Estate if invited for pop-up parties, but those kind of invites haven't been happening lately. Lastly, I have two Italian restaurants I downloaded from the Gallery and remodeled I will plop down somewhere if I want my Sims to collect the experimental recipes and photos. Occasionally, I'll put one in a world for a romantic date or family dinner, but that's rare.

My Sims just mostly live in all the other worlds and don't go there otherwise, except for what they were intended for; Britechester for Uni, the Magic Realm if they are Spellcasters, Forgotten Hollow to have Caleb (or Vlad) turn/train them and to harvest Plasma fruit, garlic, etc. Oh! They'll go to the Von Haunte estate sometimes to harvest from Mimsy's garden or get married too.

Clearly I need to place some more venues around my worlds for use other than fulfilling aspirations. I've never put down a Bowling Alley and haven't had a Spa anywhere in a long time for one thing. Or I should at least send my Sims more places just to have fun instead of making them grind for aspirations. Oh well, they have a lot of fun at home anyway. It's not all work, work, work. Seriously! :D

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    edited October 2020
    Everywhere! (For a variety of sims in my rotation)

I have plenty of community Lots all around the worlds and I also have them visit the three vacation destinations and the Magic Realm. The only place I haven't been yet is to the secret alien world, but I'm working on that.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited October 2020
    I tend to use Clubs a lot; Get Together is actually an essential pack for me thanks more to the Club functionality than the (absolutely excellent) world that came with it or the DJ system which i barely use at all. Especially since you can turn most things into club activities so you can have an all-ghost club that just go to random libraries and haunt things and scare other sims. For example.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Depends on my sims. They have a lot of choices of places to go though in my game. Most are venues that I've built and a lot are multi purpose (gym/cafe for example). Having lots that do multiple things I find cuts down on loading screens a little bit so it's nice to have a few things to do in one place when you do take a sim out. :)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited October 2020
    My Sims are rarely home, I take them everywhere (usually to places that I've built)

This is true. You can tell by the screenshots, which I look forward to every day :D

For myself, my sims go everywhere, museums, parks, bars, restaurants, other sims homes; probably most often, they hit the gym in various places. They also fish a lot in different places. I have my art and photography sims go to public places to paint and take photos.

I was wondering though what this means? "What entertainment ?. They ended the party calls thus closing all bars and dance clubs..."
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    Depends who I'm playing with. I take the kids and toddlers to the parks. My fave is one I built and plopped down in Newcrest. I like to take the adults out to the nightclubs -- usually the one in Windenburg or one I built in Windenburg. Sometimes I take them out to restaurants. Oh and that lounge in San Myshuno. I edited it to make it a restaurant and it's really pretty. <3
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I have a Sim who lives in Sulani, she is in a swimsuit all day (what a great life). I took her to the volcano and she picked some pineapple and did some beach-combing. Did you know you can't make your Sim jump in the volcano or even get near the edge?
  • Options
    tatselktatselk Posts: 520 Member
    Depends on the Sims I'm playing.

But personally I gravitate towards Art Center-type lots because of how useful they are for skilling and and how versatile they are in how they can function (eg museum, community center, art/music school, club hangout for art/music clubs).
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    What entertainment ?. They ended the party calls thus closing all bars and dance clubs. Fishing is like watching paint dry. All my Sims do is watch TV and eat.

The party calls 😭😭😭😭😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    What entertainment ?. They ended the party calls thus closing all bars and dance clubs. Fishing is like watching paint dry. All my Sims do is watch TV and eat.

You can't have a party at your Sims house?