Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where do you take your Sims (except Newcrest)

Leaving your household for entertainment or other; to which world do you take your Sim(s) and why

Comments

• Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    What entertainment ?. They ended the party calls thus closing all bars and dance clubs. Fishing is like watching paint dry. All my Sims do is watch TV and eat.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,449 Member
    My sims will travel wherever. I have several restaurants, shopping malls and smaller shops, cafe, spa, bowling alley, karaoke, gym and park. They do get entertained. I like when they are invited to other sims houses, but not much to do there than talk and maybe watch TV.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    My Sims rarely leave their house except when going on dates they'll go out to eat. I hate how even going to a neighbors house in the same neighborhood has a loading screen. I usually just invite other sims to my families house.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    My Sims rarely leave their house except when going on dates they'll go out to eat. I hate how even going to a neighbors house in the same neighborhood has a loading screen. I usually just invite other sims to my families house.

To some agree I do the same. my single Sims are all over the place, bowling, go to Spa, play different games, dancing, eat out, visiting bars and etc. Then when they get into a relatioship and get childrens they spent most of their time at home, but they still use nannies to get out of the house
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    My Sims are rarely home, I take them everywhere (usually to places that I've built)
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    wherever they feel like going...clubs, bars, lounges, spas, parks and so on, I have several differently themed bars, lounges and clubs, like the Opera, and old theater, a sorta "gamer"-bar (with gaming consoles, PCs and such), and it depends on the sims character, the bookworm goes primarily to libraries or book cafes, dog owners like parks to bring their doggos, my poetic sim goes to lounges, bars or cafes that have a microphone to read from his poetry book, musicians also tend to go to lounges and anywhere I build a stage to perform, my DJ of course preferrs clubs.
    For dates it also depends, I like restaurants for special occasions, otherwise more like lounges.
    I have clubs of friends who gather at clubs or have house parties, clubs of spellcasters who gather in the woods to cast spells, discuss magic and dance arround fire.....

I don't chose by world in general but I do prefer the sims visiting venues close to them if they can.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    To explore the jungle.

BTW - what is the shortcut key for travel mode?
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,900 Member
    Depends on the Sim. And where they live. And how much money they have.

My latest Sim spent a lot of time between Sulani (where there was a community/library lot) and Selvadorada before moving to Evergreen Harbour.
    Other projects/Sims have enjoyed Sunnyside Diner In Willow Creek or Chez Llama in Magnolia Promenade.
    I even remodelled the Torrendi Tower penthouse to be a Youth Centre with cinema, cafe, basketball, pool, yoga and gym...
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,178 Member
    edited October 2020
    I have built clubs , restaurants , bars , lounges ,karaoke bars , gymns , outdoor pools , parks and spas in all my neighbourhoods and i take my sims to different ones of those
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,895 Member
    What do you mean "leave the house".....? hahah I swear my sims mirror myself, for months now I've only left my house to go grocery shopping once or twice a week. They are as reclusive as I am.

And to be honest, I don't get many visitors either. Usually I will have the Private dwelling lot trait, which will keep most sims away. I use that trait especially on Sulani, so I'll avoid the "Extra food" nonsense and the daily constant knocking on the door, when neighbours come visiting.

Anyway, IF I take them out of the house, it will be for the Flea Market on sundays or to one of the bars (usually Sand bar/Sulani or the one in Strangerville, I like those 2 the best). I don't notice the lack of invites to dance parties and bar nights much, I hardly went to those anyway.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    To explore the jungle.

BTW - what is the shortcut key for travel mode?

M.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited October 2020
    My sim is a busy stay at home parent to a clingy toddler, so he doesn't have much time to go out, but he does like to get of the house when he can. I tend to use Newcrest for venues simply because I have nowhere else to put them, but my sim travels to most worlds. His family currently live in Brindleton Bay, but like to go on family days out to the beach in Sulani or holidays to Granite Falls. He sometimes goes to Selvadorada for family/couple holidays and to study archaeology. He also goes on dates with his partner at restaurants, bars, lounges, museums and parks, and they sometimes go to the festivals in San Myshuno. He sometimes visits the spa with a friend when their partners are home to watch the children or they take their toddlers to the park on play dates. My sim is also the leader of the Avant Gardes and meets at their café hangout in Windenberg for club gatherings. He will be spending a lot of time in Britechester soon too when he becomes a student and later Magnolia Promenade when he buys a retail store there to start his new career as a freelancer/business owner.
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    My sims go to magic realm to learn magic, duel, gain skills, make friends, they are coping with building construction where a new floor is being added holding a vault of treasure.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,761 Member
    My sims go all over.
    Since I realized that my play style has me currently never playing more than three households in a single world, and I'm gradually marrying the premades into my households and freeing up their lots, the larger neighborhoods are filling up with more and more community lots. Forgotten Hollow doesn't have any, and Glimmerbrook only has the bar, and Evergreen Harbor is a little full with all the community spaces so it really only has the one bar that sims would visit, and I don't own Britechester yet, but pretty much everywhere else has at least 4-5 lots divided among the various lot types.
    Most of my clubs have an "any (lot type x)" as a hangout so that for example the Powerhouse club visits all my different gyms rather than being tied to just one.
  • Options
    wrenstales wrote: »
    My sims go to magic realm to learn magic, duel, gain skills, make friends, they are coping with building construction where a new floor is being added holding a vault of treasure.

I have not as yet used the magic realm pack - I think I will get on that tonight.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited October 2020
    I have an Arts Center I built in, you guessed it, Newcrest. :) (Though in a few saves I've moved it to Del Sol Valley because the views from the hills are spectacular; I've had some of my favorite proposals there.) I have pretty much all the skill-building items there; computers, observatories, art studio, crafting stations (woodworking, pumpkin carving, candlemaking), chess tables, a rocket ship, etc. I also have a kids' playroom with puppet theater, science table, toys, Don't Wake The Llama, etc. I'll take the whole family there so they can all work on skills and I don't have to clutter up the house or try to fit in items that don't fit, and since they're all on the same lot it's easy to switch from one Sim to the next. Mom might be in the observatory working on Logic, while Dad's working on the rocket ship, the teen is developing their painting, and the kids are giving puppet shows while the toddlers watch.

I also send my painters out to different places once they reach the level to Paint from Reference and have enough money for the Digitalistic Sketchpad. Reminds me that I want to send my current Sim to Glimmerbrook to paint the gateway to the Magic Realm, then maybe go through to sketch some of the scenery, and Try for Baby with one of the spellcasters to see if she can get a spellcaster baby...
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I have an Arts Center I built in, you guessed it, Newcrest. :) (Though in a few saves I've moved it to Del Sol Valley because the views from the hills are spectacular; I've had some of my favorite proposals there.) I have pretty much all the skill-building items there; computers, observatories, art studio, crafting stations (woodworking, pumpkin carving, candlemaking), chess tables, a rocket ship, etc. I also have a kids' playroom with puppet theater, science table, toys, Don't Wake The Llama, etc. I'll take the whole family there so they can all work on skills and I don't have to clutter up the house or try to fit in items that don't fit, and since they're all on the same lot it's easy to switch from one Sim to the next. Mom might be in the observatory working on Logic, while Dad's working on the rocket ship, the teen is developing their painting, and the kids are giving puppet shows while the toddlers watch.

I also send my painters out to different places once they reach the level to Paint from Reference and have enough money for the Digitalistic Sketchpad. Reminds me that I want to send my current Sim to Glimmerbrook to paint the gateway to the Magic Realm, then maybe go through to sketch some of the scenery, and Try for Baby with one of the spellcasters to see if she can get a spellcaster baby...

Question - do your Sims do these activities on their own, or do you have to set them up to do them?
  • Options
    nahnahtodeinahnahtodei Posts: 58 Member
    The place I take my Sims most often is definitely San Myshuno - There's thankfully lots to do on the streets there, performances, etc. Also: All the skill-building items available in the community spaces!

I actually also like to take them to parks and playgrounds (even with their toddlers!). When they need to meet new people, I always go to a lounge so they can do some skill building while we're at it. :P
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Question - do your Sims do these activities on their own, or do you have to set them up to do them?

Some of them do on their own -- the painting, for example, or playing chess depending on their traits (Creative Sims get drawn to the art studio, and Genius Sims to the chess tables or observatory). Others do need a little prodding but once you get them started they'll keep going, like working on the rocket. The point is it's easy to switch back and forth between Sims so they'll always be doing something to build skills, rather than leaving them at home like a lump or having the toddlers whisked away to daycare. And you don't have to find room for all that stuff on your home lot, especially things like a rocket ship or the observatory that take up a lot of land mass.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    My sims would mostly end up visiting Windenburg because it has the most venues in my game like coffee shops, bars and clubs.
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    My global superstar lawyer sim likes to frequent the DSV Hard Rock Cafe that I downloaded from the gallery. He lives in San Myshuno and he also likes to frequent the Stargazer Lounge where he and his squad have a private room complete with private dj, barkeep and dancefloor-as well as "private" entertainment.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Best Gym: My reno of the gym in the finance district, or my reno of Lilsimsies reno of the gym in Windenburg. Best bar / fun place? The Pan Europa Nightclub or Lilsimsies reno of the karaoke club in the spice district.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    my sims usually go to the park, pools, or bars and clubs. sometimes i switch it up and go somewhere else but those are my main go to places depending on who all is going. kids and familes are more likely to go to the park or something.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    They live in Sulani so visit all the places around there, going to the festivals etc. Once in awhile they go to the city or the jungle or woods.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I try to use various locations in the Sim world, for the sake of storytelling. Sadly, there's not much entertainment to be had. San Myshuno is the center of my Sims' lives. I'm tired of bars, so they often go out to dinner, the spa, the gym. For their nightlife entertainment, they might go to a rooftop club in the city or take a train ride to Windenburg for a special night at the Pan Europa.

Mostly, the drama unfolds at someone or another's home or outside nearby to somewhere lively and scenic.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg