Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sharing is caring is canceled!!!

Comments

• Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I thought burglars weren’t added because of the anxiety it could cause in certain players.
    Little did we know. This sounds like a complete trauma fest.

I can’t wait until they bring back burglars without telling us. 😂 I will dieee from joyyy when I hear that warning sound! It was truly one of the best parts of the game.

But people are already complaining about missing objects...So its okay as long as it comes with a burglar costume?

For me, the random instance of a burglar would be different that deputizing every Sim as a thief.

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I disabled NPC voting, set all neighborhoods to Self Sufficiency only, and installed Simvasion’s mod. Sharing is Caring really has been cancelled! :)

Do tell how you set the neighborhood to a certain N.A.P?

Just have your sim vote at the weekend when it tells you voting is open. It only adds your sims vote. No other votes from NPC's will be added and keep voting turned off in settings.
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    They even took the debug items I'm dying :D That's one of the NAPs that didn't stick for me after disabling and repealing, thankfully lol. I did have to go around replacing items for venues that suddenly didn't meet the requirements in other neighborhoods. If it applied only to residential lots and, at the very least, it meant your neighbors would drop new, impressive items in your house, it wouldn't seem like such a pointless idea. You lose a dining chair but you get a hut tub.

No, actually, then we'd end up with 12 hot tubs since the game would probably get fixated on one item, like the lumps of clay.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Is there a mod that addresses these concerns yet?

In the meantime, there is an option to disable NPC voting...shouldn’t it work to stop Sharing is caring from tearing up the game? 😏 in my game I’m disabling it and having the sims I play vote according to their personalities and how I think they should vote .
    Possible to remove sharing is caring too with points Sims earn. The voting is only forced in one neighborhood. The rest of the neighborhoods it is optional. I tend to recycle poop a lot to veto the vote for it. But it is good for gangster stories.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    I love a challenge in the game, but this NAP is game breaking, especially for commercial lots. Even festivals! The Geekcon was totally emptied before it was even over! I'm sure this is not what the developers had in mind, and it's a shame they released the EP with this kind of issue with it

TIP: You can remove the NAP instantly by shift-clicking mailbox and choose instant repeal the NAP. For neighborhoods you don't live in, select a household that does from Manage Worlds to play, then shift-click their mailbox, repeal the NAP, replace it with another NAP so all 4 slots are full (so Sharing is Caring cannot be voted in again), and then go back out to Manage Worlds. In Manage Households, you can make that household unplayed again if you want to keep them unplayed.

I've systematically repealed SIC in most of the neighborhoods by doing the steps above. Today I just encountered a neighborhood with SIC NAP in effect but it has no residential lots. So, I'm going to try converting one of the lots to residential and move in a random Sim temporarily so I can try the shift-click mailbox trick to repeal the NAP. Then I will change the lot type back and delete the random Sim from manage households.

Some cheats you might need to complete these steps above:
    Shift+Control+C and type in
    testingcheatsenabled true
    freerealestate on

Pretty ridiculous and not my idea of fun at all!

Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • Options
    zensluv wrote: »
    I love a challenge in the game, but this NAP is game breaking, especially for commercial lots. Even festivals! The Geekcon was totally emptied before it was even over! I'm sure this is not what the developers had in mind, and it's a shame they released the EP with this kind of issue with it

TIP: You can remove the NAP instantly by shift-clicking mailbox and choose instant repeal the NAP. For neighborhoods you don't live in, select a household that does from Manage Worlds to play, then shift-click their mailbox, repeal the NAP, replace it with another NAP so all 4 slots are full (so Sharing is Caring cannot be voted in again), and then go back out to Manage Worlds. In Manage Households, you can make that household unplayed again if you want to keep them unplayed.

I've systematically repealed SIC in most of the neighborhoods by doing the steps above. Today I just encountered a neighborhood with SIC NAP in effect but it has no residential lots. So, I'm going to try converting one of the lots to residential and move in a random Sim temporarily so I can try the shift-click mailbox trick to repeal the NAP. Then I will change the lot type back and delete the random Sim from manage households.

freerealestate on

I don't really understand why this is taking so long to fix. Like have they even acknowledged that it's a problem anywhere? I'm taking a break from the game currently until they release a decent bug fix patch. My game has to many mods in it now and most of them are for fixing the bugs that they don't fix, it's frustrating. I want to remove some of these mods but I can't enjoy my game without them.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

freerealestate on

I don't really understand why this is taking so long to fix. Like have they even acknowledged that it's a problem anywhere? I'm taking a break from the game currently until they release a decent bug fix patch. My game has to many mods in it now and most of them are for fixing the bugs that they don't fix, it's frustrating. I want to remove some of these mods but I can't enjoy my game without them.
    I don't think they view it as a bug but a designed feature. Honestly they should have that sign as optional and remove it from the world and just have it as a placeable item instead like mailboxes. I don't think any version of voting in the game should be a forced feature.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Scobre wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »

freerealestate on

I don't think they view it as a bug but a designed feature. Honestly they should have that sign as optional and remove it from the world and just have it as a placeable item instead like mailboxes. I don't think any version of voting in the game should be a forced feature.

I wish we could have the option to remove the ones we don't like from the options altogether. I quite enjoyed the voting before it turned out to be a complete nightmare for the game. It upsets me that I have to keep the voting turned off and mods in my game just to keep this from disrupting my every day play. I also don't like a few of the other N.A.P's like we wear bags and the one that turns my sims to into flirty demons.
  • Options
    LauraRLauraR Posts: 60 Member
    The NAPs are why I will never buy that pack.
  • Options
    simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    edited September 2020
    I made a mod to address issues I had with Sharing is Caring and sims swiping objects from public areas. They were taking things I don't think the SimGurus intended, like festival furniture, picnic tables from off-lot areas and apartment mailboxes which you can't replace. It also fixes some issues with every other NAP. If you're on PC/Mac and use mods, you can get it here: Eco Lifestyle Interactions Fixes.

It blacklists common items like tables, sinks, chairs, TVs, computers, etc. from being stolen from venues to help stop them being made invalid. The mod doesn't stop sims stealing from residential (home) lots though. I believe that the SimGurus intended that to be the way the NAP works, so I left it like that (all the fixes in the mod just make the game work the way I think the SimGurus intended).

If you don't like the stealing period, there are other mods from other creators (that are compatible with my mod so you can use them in combo) that stop stealing such as Zero's No Swipe mod.

If you're not comfortable with using mods in your game, you can still help get a bug linked to Sharing is Caring fixed officially in a future patch by adding your comments and experiences, to the official bug EA thread. The issue is that sometimes sims can get NAP behaviour stuck on them, including the stealing behaviour from Sharing is Caring, and do that everywhere. If you have that bug, make sure you click "Me Too" on the first post so that they have an accurate count of how many people have the bug.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 892 Member
    edited September 2020
    What is NAP?

Neighborhood Action Plans. It is a feature that came with Eco Lifestyle EP. They are plans that are voted on and once the plan passes the whole hood acts in ways that support the plan, so Sharing is Caring is a plan where people can swipe objects from the Neighborhood at will, even on residential lots. It is getting out of control though which is why people are complaining about the feature.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Wyrren wrote: »
    I can't pay attention to this discussion while Jimin is staring at me... :blush:;)<3

I uh, think. maybe. there's some ummm... mods to fix this. somewhere...

Once you Jim-IN, you can't Jim-OUT... which is why I'm in this thread too lmao. He's too young for me, but I can still look :D

Ahem, but on to the actual thread - Sharing is Caring is complete trash. I had the neighbors clear out the whole bar until there was an exclamation point on the map screen because the bar had been marked as incomplete... the lot no longer had the required items to even be considered a bar anymore.

I turned it off so the neighbors can no longer vote on NAPS.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    What is NAP?

Neighborhood Action Plans. It is a feature that came with Eco Lifestyle EP. They are plans that are voted on and once the plan passes the whole hood acts in ways that support the plan, so Sharing is Caring is a plan where people can swipe objects from the Neighborhood at will, even on residential lots. It is getting out of control though which is why people are complaining about the feature.

Thanks for the info. Haven't got that EP yet and after all I've read about the bugs it's caused I don't think I will.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I have no idea what MAXIS where thinking while making Sharing is Caring. There are legitimately good NAPs out there, this....this is just game breaking. Devs! If you are reading this - which I doubt - please please PLEASE remove it. Just remove it.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I've thought that we want burglar in the game. So, they come out with this. :p

Anywho, about this NAP. I have at least 2 NAPs that I'll try to avoid. Sharing is Caring & Free Love. I'll get my Sims to repeal & locked the house before I can get it repealed and avoid "unnecessary" contact with other Sims. :#
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Sharing is caring would work a lot better, fit better with what its meant to be and just be rather annoying if it just meant that your security restrictions on doors and computers were ignored but also you were allowed to use other peoples showers and stoves without them throwing their toys out the cot. And you'd have people turning up with food, or fruit and veg. It would be a good alternative to the always welcome trait and not game breaking.

I honestly don't understand what the Simgurus were thinking when they created that NAP, but the whole of Eco lifestyle feels half baked. It could have been an amazing EP if they had done it right, not the way it is
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Why didnt they just disable the SIC nap functionality entirely until they figured out how to fix it? when others game has critical bugs that coming from certain features, they took it out until they fix it, and here they just left the feature still exist and wreak havoc others people games, instead of playing games we are being tasked to do workaround fix so that our game is not a total mess thanks to the friggin NAP
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited September 2020
    xamira99 wrote: »

Anywho, about this NAP. I have at least 2 NAPs that I'll try to avoid. Sharing is Caring & Free Love. I'll get my Sims to repeal & locked the house before I can get it repealed and avoid "unnecessary" contact with other Sims. :#

Even 'burglar' in this game is left unpunished, they do the stealing without consequences, just like any other most thing in the game, no consequences for your actions
    Sharing is caring would work a lot better, fit better with what its meant to be and just be rather annoying if it just meant that your security restrictions on doors and computers were ignored but also you were allowed to use other peoples showers and stoves without them throwing their toys out the cot. And you'd have people turning up with food, or fruit and veg. It would be a good alternative to the always welcome trait and not game breaking.

I honestly don't understand what the Simgurus were thinking when they created that NAP, but the whole of Eco lifestyle feels half baked. It could have been an amazing EP if they had done it right, not the way it is

This is what i actually expect the NAP to work, it isnt Sharing, it's Permanently Borrowing/Stealing, if your stuff is being taken without them giving it back to you.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    xamira99 wrote: »

Even 'burglar' in this game is left unpunished, they do the stealing without consequences, just like any other most thing in the game, no consequences for your actions

Yep. I guess, it's totally up to our creativity on how we want to use this NAP. For example, creating a charity building on a specific neighbourhood where we place furniture or anything that the Sims can collect. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sharing is caring would have been better if it worked how it was worded. What I mean by this is if you had a random event where neighbors would occasionally come by to borrow something of your sims. Maybe they needed to use the washer cause theirs went out, or they forgot to pay the bills and needed to use the shower, or look something up on the computer, use the stove, etc. It should also work both ways so your sims could do the same with their neighbors.

Why in the world someone thought it would be a good idea to let random townie sims be able to swipe essential things from community lots, especially with the requirement thing ts4 has for them to function properly, is beyond me. Especially since there is no way to fix it except to go in and replace the items that are constantly being stolen over and over again. IIRC didn't ts3 lots replace stolen items by itself if a townie stole it? You were able to send things back by mail if your sims stole something as well. Even if you didn't that item would eventually get replaced. Why didn't they just do that with this one?

Edit: grammar and spelling fixes.
    Post edited by fruitsbasket101 on
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I mean as someone mentioned just basically having an exaggerated version of the "Helpful neighbors" from Sulani:
    People just show up at your place with food, or if you're poor they might offer to pay your bills that week or something.

And in return you are considered rude for STOPPING them from say using your shower instead of the other way around. Also you should gain Influence by doing the same thing, offering food to others.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    Does anyone else think they don’t actually test play the game enough with new content. I’m sure they run it to check it works but playing long term you can see the impact more ... it’s something they should consider it would avoid a lot of problems and glitches.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited October 2020
    Does anyone else think they don’t actually test play the game enough with new content. I’m sure they run it to check it works but playing long term you can see the impact more ... it’s something they should consider it would avoid a lot of problems and glitches.

I think they stopped test playing before City Living, knowing how they completely failed to notice the Double Festival bug, which was kind of hard to to notice if you actually play thru City Living for one (game) year.
    Seriously, so many completely imbalanced things and outright game bugs are introduced (and then never fixed) in every pack that I can honestly say no, they do not playtest.

The Sims 4 dev team delivers a game that is about as bug free as a Bethesda game. And in case anyone wonders, that's an insult.
    Post edited by Beardedgeek on
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    simvasion wrote: »
    The issue is that sometimes sims can get NAP behaviour stuck on them, including the stealing behaviour from Sharing is Caring, and do that everywhere. If you have that bug, make sure you click "Me Too" on the first post so that they have an accurate count of how many people have the bug.

Stuck NAP behaviors are the killers for me. I thought I had control of the NAPs until I noticed some of the NAP behavior became stuck on Sims and nothing would reset it. Abandoned quite a few saves because of that.