Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    oh sliders hmmmm
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    edited September 2020
    Oh wow! I was expecting maybe 10 new skintones, not 100+ :hushed: that’s amazing. The sliders sounds amazing as well

I’m also glad they’re improving some of the basegame hair

Edit: i just realized a lot of my CC is probably gonna break because of this :lol:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited September 2020
    Wow. That...actually sounds really cool. And a makeup slider too? Bravo, team. This is the kind of quality of life stuff we need.
  • Options
    BuildingTheSimsBuildingTheSims Posts: 92 Member
    Goodness! Thats wonderful! Thank you sims team! :)
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    That’s a very good thing, excellent news for all of us 👏👏👏
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm pretty excited about this, personally. The sliders make perfect sense, as I'm guessing that the database currently stores the skin color as a texture map file, and it will be easier to add a new field with a Saturation/Value rating (possibly one of each) for the file's display than a hex code for skin color, especially as a good skin map is not monochromatic, so using a grayscale map still won't really be "good" skin textures.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    This is AMAZING! I now forgive the Sims Team for Journey to Batuu.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Hopefully toddlers & children will also be getting these skin tones. Also, no word on hair colours.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2020

I will never forgive Star Wars no matter what they do.

I was never really bothered by the skin tone issue since I use custom ones. I'm happy for those that wanted them though. I'm also really not looking forward to them breaking the custom ones that I use in my game when the patch drops if I'm being honest.

A major bug fix patch might get them some points in my book though. I'm completely sick of having to rely on mods to fix what they don't.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    this is some good news. i dont know if ill use 100 skin tones but still cool to have them.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member

Nah, they aren't ever getting off the hook for that travesty. But this. This is legitimately good news and I'm happy they went the extra mile to fix the skintone issue. Makeup too. Because Lord knows that also needed some serious attention.

My only concern is just how badly this is gonna break CC skins.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    LOL. I see the team is trying to win everyone's hearts back. 😬
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    this is some good news. i dont know if ill use 100 skin tones but still cool to have them.

Hopefully game-generated Sims will mix in the new skin tones. That'll help in the diversity department.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I mean, it’s nice and all, but it also goes to show what could have been possible if they had been this motivated from the start.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Great news.

Sure it’s gonna break cc skintones but we can’t have it all at once.
    Best not to update the game if cc is of a bigger concern, until the cc creators update their content that is.

We’ve been “patient” for 6 years. I’m sure we can wait a little longer...

In the meantime maybe upgrade your machines or GPUs, because things may not look as pretty as you want them to look if you’re still running the game on a battered sausage.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Great news.

Best not to update the game if cc is of a bigger concern, until the cc creators update their content that is.

In the meantime maybe upgrade your machines or GPUs, because things may not look as pretty as you want them to look if you’re still running the game on a battered sausage.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 I just have to say that I look forward to your variety of food metaphors every time you refer to an old computer. 😂
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    this is a win for sure
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Great news.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 I just have to say that I look forward to your variety of food metaphors every time you refer to an old computer. 😂

Haha. It’ll be a feast fit for a king by the time I’m done. :D
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Hoping the slider update also become a framework so that they or at least modder can expand it to another area, like slider for hair color.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited September 2020
    Ok. I am not even excited anymore. I don't want to be negative but I've just had it... I shall see.
    giphy.gif
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    I'm really excited for the new skin tones. I haven't made any Sims since my original families, years ago. Most of my Sims are downloaded from the Gallery. I'm really looking forward to creating some new Sims for my neighborhoods. 🥰
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Can you please find out if babies are included (existing) and or if new babies born in game will be included in this update? Because they only have three lousy skintones. And if the game will stop randomizing these not to make sense. Like white parents having a black baby and or a black family having a white baby. That would be something to cheer about after six years.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Can you please find out if babies are included (existing) and or if new babies born in game will be included in this update? Because they only have three lousy skintones. And if the game will stop randomizing these not to make sense. Like white parents having a black baby and or a black family having a white baby. That would be something to cheer about after six years.

We only have the information that was released yesterday.

Keep an eye out for more information from our team in late October or early November as we start to implement these changes. We’ll also be sharing more details about how we’re collaborating with external partners, including talented and diverse community members, to make sure we get this right.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I don't understand why we are getting 100+ skin tones if we are also getting lighter/darker sliders with them? Will these include several different shades of pink and purple or just normal human skin tones?