Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    First of all, I'd like to tell my memories of 9/11/01. I was in the 5th grade, school had only started a few weeks prior to that day. At the time, I was in the schools office (not in trouble, just was there) and a kid probably a bit older than me asked me if I'd heard about planes crashing into buildings in New York City. Of course, I knew where New York was but I hadn't heard anything about this. Apparently he was in a class where the teacher told his class but I don't remember anyone else telling me about it. I went the whole day not really thinking about what the boy told me and it was pretty normal as far as school goes. Being in Illinois, we were far enough away from New York or any major city that school went on but I know some schools got out early due to the attacks. When school was over, my mother and brother picked me up from school. He is my younger brother and he was sick that day so he wasn't at school. My mom told me about the World Trade Center attacks, the Pentagon, and Flight 93. Of course, there was only so much we as a nation knew at the time but I was a bit shocked about it. At that time, I never heard of the World Trade Center or the Pentagon but I was still shocked that something like that could happen. There was a gas station close to the school at that time and when we went by, there were many cars trying to get gas but cops were there too so we were afraid that a bomb threat got called in. Of course, that turned out just to be people getting gas because they knew the prices would skyrocket. I remember local churches were unlocking their doors and telling people to come in at any time to pray for our nation. Then of course, all the tributes started coming in the following days. I remember watching the CMA Awards in November of that year and country singer Alan Jackson sang 'Where Were You (When The World Stopped Turning?)" for the first time. We all know that war followed and all of the things that happened there as well as the cleanup and recovery at Ground Zero and the other sites. Now that I'm older, I've watched and read first hand stories, watched the attacks as they unfolded, and read books about the subject. It may be 19 years since the attacks happened, but I'll never forget the sacrifices made that day and in the years following. Sorry for the book, just had to get that out. I had a lot more to say about it but now I'll go back to feedback.

Page 4005

@Lucy_Henley Yeah, I wouldn't want to have my food judged either. I can cook a little but not enough to make an expert happy.
    Tom did get lucky then.
    Good idea, they need a drummer and a keyboard player.
    Verity appears to be doing better at horse riding, even if she hasn't mastered it yet.
    I hope Verity gets pregnant, I'm look forward to seeing their children.
    Cool, appears that she is!
    For a few days, lol. Only in the Sims, right?
    Those two fight a lot when I see them together.
    She could have had Tom give her a massage.
    Congrats on the birth of Aria!
    Great update!

@Evalen I hope he can get to level 10. I bet they'll be happy with electricity.
    Katie's garden looks nice.
    Great update!

@Karritz I'll look forward to seeing the beginning of the tomb videos. I'm not too far off from them. I eventually got to do all the tombs in my Ultimate Sim Challenge so I may learn something from your videos that could help me.
    Cool basement!
    The collection you have is amazing! I've never got far enough to have all of them.
    The whole house looks great and looks like it's got a lot of room.
    Great update!

***More feedback this afternoon before I play.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
    I was only six years old when 9/11 occurred and, since I’m British, it wasn’t something I was aware of. Apparently I was at a friend’s house that day, and my mother told me that my friend’s mum felt guilty for not being with us more, because she was glued to the news. Also, the local department store used to have televisions on their top floor, and my dad was watching them at the time (when all the coverage was unfolding). The thing I remember is 7/7, the bombings on the London Transport network. It happened the day after London was awarded the 2012 Olympics.

@emorrill I was on your blog yesterday, catching up with the Pelican Town to Sims Town story. I remember reading the first post and seriously disliking Shane, but now I know the backstory, I don’t really know how to feel. He’s clearly so messed up. I can totally imagine feeling so depressed after losing so many loved ones. People deal with their issues differently, and I have no idea how I’d deal with that kind of thing. Hopefully it never happens, of course! The romantic relationships are so sweet.
  • Options
    @Silverofdreams30 Thank you!

@Lucy_Henley You would have been a year older than my brother on September 11, 2001 then. I kind of remember 7/7, although it may be like it was for you with 9/11 in terms of experiences. 7/7 would have been the summer before my Freshman year of high school so being a teenager, I probably had other things on my mind. It seems like things got worse after those attacks, that's for sure.

***Found time to do more feedback, especially since page 4006 just started. I may be back for anymore feedback for this page later.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    @Brandontaylor - 9/11/01 -

My wife, @Featherbelle, and I were pretty much newly married...(we'd just celebrated our first anniversary the previous month). I was working security at a mall later on that afternoon. I was 31 (so it was pretty much ingrained in my memory). @Featherbelle was 25. We get a call from her mother (long distance from Louisiana) saying to turn on the TV (we didn't have one so we turned on the radio and ended up hearing about the second plane hitting the second tower. My first words out of my mouth was "oh...🐸🐸🐸🐸...". I don't know if I knew at the time, just how bad things would get, but I had an inkling as I was an adult at the time of the event. As a Canadian...New York was clear across the other side of the continent from where @Featherbelle and I were being on the West Coast of Canada (British Columbia).

24 Canadians died that day at the towers and on the affected flights - CTV News - List of Canadians killed during the WTC Attacks.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @Nikkei_Simmer Thanks for sharing that. I think if I was older, I would have understood better what had happened. My mom was 30 when it happened and she had to try and explain it to a 10 year old and a 6 (Edited the ages, I was off by a year) year old as my parents were divorced by then. I feel like I remember the aftermath and the years that followed compared to the actual event. I think that's why I read and watch videos to kind of get a feel for how it affected people who understood what happened. Looking information, it looks like 9 from Illinois were in the towers, not sure on the others.

@BlackSand Great teaser pic from your story!
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
  • Options
    Chapter Seven - The Final Battleground
    Part One

Meg understood that if the balloon went up, it would mean that they would be short necessary personnel. So her idea of creating medical staff from those already in the bunker carried a lot of weight. For Tosh, that meant that several ideas came to mind. Jen had always had an interest in the medical field with a primary being in psychology. And Bebe Hart despite her artistic bent was also keenly interested in science. So with the two of them, mind and body appeared to be taken care of.

With security in mind, Tosh knew that they needed to have plumbots form a key part of their defence strategy. Not only could they patrol the perimeter during the worst of the radiation; but they were essentially un-killable if not indestructible. Any potential opposition invasion force would be up against a group of plumbots that could potentially decimate large portions of their numbers while sustaining few casualties of their own.Screenshot-16.jpg
    Screenshot-15.jpg
    Meg and Tosh usually ended up having their meetings after everyone was asleep since that was about the only quiet time that they could get during the course of the day. The day was filled with other activities of skilling up in the skills necessary in order to survive what was to follow. No-one knew just exactly what would happen. And they all fought down the worrisome thoughts that persisted. They could only do what they could and let the rest take care of itself.

Meg had plenty of ideas in her head that she gave voice to and Tosh listened to them, letting her speak...and offering little input, letting her freestyle think about the ideas and realizing that she thought the best on her feet and letting the ideas move through her mind.
    Screenshot-19.jpgScreenshot-22.jpgScreenshot-23.jpg
    Harm had achieved success with a plumbot and that success story was charging in the charging station downstairs. Artie was the prototype plumbot and had pretty much had every single trait chip that Harm had managed to invent installed in him. Competent Cleaner, AI Angler, Steel Chef, RoBotany...and well, Artie, evidently short for Artificial Intelligence, had an inherent fascination for the conjuring pot. So he spent a lot of his time hanging out making new gemstones for the group to get rich on and eventually had conjured a tiberium.
    Screenshot-24.jpg
    One of the key ideas that Meg came up with was the fact that they all needed to get younger. Since Jen had managed with the potion table to create a potion that manipulated genes to regain their youth, she suggested that they all drink Young-Again potions to go back to the very start of their Young Adulthood, that way they would have the stamina to effect the change on the environment as they needed post-apocalypse. Tosh thought that was a very good idea and told her so.

"So...who do you think should try it?" Meg asked him.
    Screenshot-25.jpgScreenshot-26.jpg
    Tosh shrugged his shoulders. He was of mixed emotions about this. Being young again had its appeal, no doubt. But he'd been single for a very long time at this point. And wondering if he'd still be single for a long time yet again, had him wondering if becoming young again was worth it. Meg noted his skepticism...
    Screenshot-27.jpg
    "You seem a bit worried about the whole idea of becoming younger...Tosh, what is it?" Tosh looked at her and she faced him square on...
    Screenshot-28.jpg
    "I've always thought that there was no redo button in life, Meg..." Tosh told her, "It's always been a one-off, you don't get any second chances. Now with Jen finding this potion, we have multiple chances to get things right or get a redo over if we mess things up royally." He paused to look at her again, "I wonder just what that's going to do to our idea of caring about how we behave in the end."
    Screenshot-29.jpg
    Meg looked at him with a knowing expression, "I see your point...but there is one thing that I've always wondered...I've always put my career ahead of everything. And I resigned myself to never having a family because my Navy career was of primary importance. Serving our country and the fact that I was getting older. As our body ages, we start having higher risk of birth defects and thus I had figured that I had tossed my ability to have a family out the window. Now I have that chance again. And I don't want to toss the idea of having a family out the window if I have that chance again." She raised an eyebrow with a meaningful look aimed in Tosh's direction.
    Screenshot-31.jpg
    "...so...what do you say we take the Young Again potion together and see what it does?" Meg asked.

Tosh shrugged his shoulders and quipped, "Well...it couldn't hurt...I've always wanted to see if I could go back to running sixteen miles a day..." Meg snickered; she knew that Tosh hated running at the best of times.
    Screenshot-32.jpg
    So, pulling out their Young-Again potions that were given to them by CMCYN Jennifer Coates, "Down the hatch..." Tosh said as he upended the potion and guzzled it, as did Meg. "I don't feel any different..." he stated just before the transformation hit him. It was a tingling sensation that started through every blood vessel in his body and down his entire body from the top of his head to the very extremities.
    Screenshot-129.jpg
    As the transformation effects subsided, Meg leaned in close, her perfume tantalizing Tosh, making him very amenable to Meg's closeness. "I don't see any more crow's feet..." Meg murmured softly as she leaned in to inspect his face.
    Screenshot-131.jpg
    "You look as beautiful as ever..." Tosh replied...looking at her with an expression of awe.

Meg gave him a grin, "Awww, you always say that to all the girls you meet." she teased him.

"Only one girl in mind this time around..." was his response.
    Screenshot-133.jpgScreenshot-134.jpgScreenshot-135.jpg
    ...and they leaned into each other's embrace as their lips met in a passionate kiss. "I..." Tosh stammered.

"You know how long I've been waiting for this..." Meg whispered softly.
    Screenshot-136.jpg
    Screenshot-138.jpg
    ...then it was clothes tossed aside and ardent passion for the next two hours as the both of them took things to the next level and beyond.

And morning found them sitting in the love-seat in the common area of their bunker sitting enjoying each other's closeness in the wake of their amorous machinations.
    Screenshot-141.jpg
    Screenshot-142.jpg
    "That young again potion...um...really worked..." Tosh said off-handed, his mind on the memories that he and Meg had just created.

"It certainly did..." Meg returned playfully. "I never knew you had it in you..." she teased him gently.
    Screenshot-143.jpg
    "Maybe...another round later?" she continued.

Tosh's silent nod of agreement caused the corners of Meg's lips to curl in a smile as she leaned in again for their lips to meet in a kiss.
    Screenshot-144.jpg
    "Meg...you know I'm going to want more than just play-time." Tosh said meaningfully, "I'm at a stage where I don't want play...I want a meaningful relationship..." Tosh just barely restrained himself from saying age...they had just taken Young Again potions so age wasn't even a factor here.
    Screenshot-145.jpg
    Meg felt a welling of emotion in her as she realized just what Tosh was saying to her. "...you mean...?" her statement had a questioning tone to it.

Tosh nodded.

"Because...that's what I want too..." Meg said softly and that was that. They both realized that they were willing to take the next step in a future that would mean a life together; whatever that life would hold.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @emorrill I guess my Dwight Langerak is Kaylynns son and not Parker’s. I was wrong in my last post when I commented on your post about the Langeraks.

***Speaking of, I will have a Langerak update before too long. Just finishing up university.
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer Glad that there are options for doctors.
    Sounds like Artie will be a valuable asset.
    Not only that, the Young Again potions will make sure they are there for the kids I'm sure they'll inevitably have.
    That's one advantage to being young again.
    I guess the young again potions did more than make them young again, lol
    Great update!
  • Options
    Langerak update from university

GF9A7w9.jpg
    Quinton was already up and playing guitar when the women got up to eat their breakfast.

FHyuayo.jpg
    XkptUDr.jpg
    vwX9M1b.jpg
    Then it was time for everyone's classes. Ariana had her last lecture while Cori and Quinton both had their last class activity days. One more day to go and they (and myself) are done with university. There will 78 more Sim days in Sunset Valley to reach 200 then I'll move them to a fresh save. Most of the current Sims will be deceased by then.

vwX9M1b.jpg
    Z5T33xT.jpg
    For supper, Quinton made the three of them macaroni and cheese. He's at a decent level of cooking that he won't burn anything and should be able to make meals for the family.

Ow9YU5D.jpg
    Then they got invited to a party thrown by a female townie whose name I can't remember. It may have been Jennifer Grey but I can't remember.
    As you can see, Quinton decided to watch TV.

Fe9Swgf.jpg
    Cori met a guy she kind of liked but she didn't make a lot of progress towards a relationship. She'll just wait until she gets back to Sunset Valley and SP will set her up with someone.

3SZ59v8.jpg
    Our resident handyman had to fix the kitchen sink again. If his music career doesn't take off, he could fix things for a living.

9egCOhl.jpg
    Between Cori's exams, she watched TV with Ariana who was already done with her exam. Quinton was already doing his exam and everyone ended up passing exams with flying colors.

nKWqldC.jpg
    Saturday, I sent the trio to use the computers and science machine until time for graduation.

rOtCED4.jpg
    At the sports center, I had the trio play in the snow as I didn't want them getting stuck in the crowd and not graduating.

pxmrxGO.jpg
    The trio were already inside but Abigail Langerak and Jessica (Jones) Bunch were among the guests who attended. I also saw Dwight and Melanie, and Rain and Evan Langerak.

***And that will finish university. Next update will take place back in Sunset Valley where we will see baby Michael grow up and Quinton and Ariana's wedding. Ariana gained the schmoozer trait, Cori gained the genius trait, and Quinton gained the artistic trait.
  • Options
    @Brandontaylor - even if this is an apocalypse fic, I wanted to keep it as light as possible.

I have a really dark one on ff.net - https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9853479/1/Survival - no pictures...just straight up JAG-Apocalypse.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Chapter Seven - The Final Battleground

Part Two

For Harm, taking the "Young Again" potion was an invigorating prospect. For nine years, Mac and he had run around each other trying to feel each other out and see if pursuing a relationship was worth the effort for the nine years they had wasted. Then they had wasted yet another nine years of their life trying to make their time-schedules fit in order to get married, which ultimately was a doomed affair.
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    ...so ultimately, Harm had come to the conclusion that there were many prospective members of the female human species that he could potentially be partners with in the romantic sense of the word. And frankly that made more sense than pursuing one Sarah Mackenzie who appeared that she wasn't sure of what she wanted in life. After all, if there was a Young Again potion, why not experience everything of what life had to offer?
    Screenshot-12.jpg
    After all, wasn't that what life was all about: the joy of the experiences? If you wanted to do something that took a younger man's physical energy to accomplish, just drink a Young Again potion and have the stamina to do whatever was required, whether it was moving fridges by oneself or building a house with a couple of friends. No more did time put a time-limit of one's abilities. He could do anything he wanted in life; have several go-arounds if he wanted. Nothing was out of his limit.
    Screenshot-14.jpg
    Harm revelled in the new found feeling of his youth yet again. He felt physically the same as if he was back to being a plebe in his freshman year at the Naval Academy. He felt that physically good. The aches and pains of ejections, of his ramp-strike were gone...and he felt better than he had felt for a long time. No more physical wear and tear on his body that he'd earned in fifty plus years of living. In short he felt his youth again and that felt good.

Then he saw his old RAG instructor who had taken his Young Again potion. Bulging muscles and back to being a young buck but with all the mental experience of his 62 years of life and 40 years of Naval Service coming to bear in a young 20 year old frame. Animal still carried himself like an fleet admiral. It would take a lot to take that out of him. "Good morning, sir." Harm stated as he looked over at Tosh.
    Screenshot-15.jpg
    "Morning, Captain, I see you took your young-again potion that Coates created." Tosh grinned at him.

Harm grinned, "Yes, sir, I did."

"Makes you feel young again, doesn't it?" Tosh grinned shrugging his shoulders, the bulging pectoral muscles could be seen under his Hornets Suck; Fly Tomcats t-shirt which served to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off Hornet drivers off all the time (which was the main reason why he wore it.
    Screenshot-16.jpg
    "Feel like I could take up a F-14 and go one vs unknowns with an adversary squadron for a coupla hours." Animal grinned as he shot down one hand with the other in an imitation of what fighter pilots did when they recounted a great dogfight they had where they'd gotten the better of some other hapless schmuck.

"No doubt, sir." Harm replied. He felt the same way.
    Screenshot-17.jpg
    It was at about that point that Harm noticed Meg had come out of the women's washroom just barely dressed in a tie-dyed nightie. His eyes widened as he ogled her. Meg just raised one eyebrow as if to tell him to keep it "in his pants". "Hi Meg..." Harm grinned at her.

"Hiya Harm." her tone seemed preoccupied and she barely gave him a cursory inspection. After all, she was a higher-ranking officer and one of the command.
    Screenshot-23.jpg
    ...and the perfunctory look that she gave Harm versus the tender, knowing look that she gave Animal told Harm that he wasn't even on Meg's radar. Her eyes were all on Animal.
    Screenshot-24.jpg
    Screenshot-26.jpg
    ...and Harm realized just how enamored Meg was of Animal when she raised a hand to stroke Animal's cheek...whispering softly, "Good morning..." to him. And that spoke volumes that Animal and Meg had during the night gotten to know each other far more than he knew. Which was even more apparent when Meg lip-locked Animal, right in front of Harm, himself.
    Screenshot-27.jpg
    Yes, folks, Meg was out of Harm's league and as a vice-admiral had more in common with Animal than she had with Harm and Harm knew it all too well. It didn't mean that it didn't sting though, considering that at one point, Meg had been a Lieutenant JG and his legal investigation partner when Harm, himself, was a Lieutenant Commander. But he'd fumbled and he'd fumbled badly and now Meg Austin, Vice Admiral, United States Navy outranked him and she had bigger fish to fry or...well...do things with that were best left out of polite company.
    Screenshot-30.jpg
    But losing the ability to have a relationship with Meg wasn't so bad when one considered the other options in the bunker.
    Screenshot-31.jpg
    Captain Kimber Benton, naval aviator, USN was a viable alternative to Colonel Sarah Mackenzie, if all things considered, she would give him the time of day. She'd been Animal's wingman throughout the years flying combat missions over Bosnia and the Baltics. And she was hard-nosed with a Navy Cross to boot, a much higher decoration than his Silver Star.

But the tantalizing picture of one VADM Megan Renee Austin never seemed to go away and teased him...endlessly...torturously...knowing that his former investigative partner was sleeping with his former Reserve Air Group F-14 instructor.
    Screenshot-32.jpgScreenshot-117.jpg
    Screenshot-118.jpgScreenshot-119.jpg
    The rest of it, he didn't want to torture himself with...though his mind kept trying to do things that made him want to douse his entire brain with bleach.
    CENSORED1.jpg
    But all the tomfoolery came to a halt late that afternoon when Tosh received a phone call, direct from the Pentagon. Four words from the Secretary of Defense that would scare the living daylights out of anyone who knew what they meant: "Lock down; Pinnacle Imminent..." Tosh's reply was four words back. "Aye, sir. Message Received."
    Screenshot-130.jpg
    Screenshot-131.jpgScreenshot-132.jpg
    It was at that point that Tosh knew that he needed to get everybody to the lowest part of the bunker and lock down so that they would be safe. Atlas, Franz and Scooter were also home resting and it was just a quick job of getting them down the steps to safety.

250 miles south of Ya'an
    Somewhere in China
    0235ZULU

The DF-12B missiles were launched in a major attack against airfields in Japan in a diversionary attack to make sure that the US's attention was diverted. If all of the forces were diverted, they wouldn't be able to absorb any new information as the constant battle traffic would be jamming the satellite com-links. Then as the battle waged on; in the evening then China would launch its missiles at the US Mainland with others aimed towards neighboring countries.
    MissileLaunch1.jpg
    MissileLaunch1a.jpg
    MissileLaunch3.jpg
    When the American fleets were thus engaged, the Russians and the Chinese would launch their missiles in concert; thus overwhelming the ABM missile defenses that the United States had. The entire US mainland would be covered in nuclear explosions making the entire area uninhabitable for the near future.

The Russian and Chinese generals had ascertained that a nuclear strike just as the populace was going to work would be the best way to get as many casualties as possible. This was known as the doctrine of attrition. A devastating strike on a city center that killed as many people as possible; a side-effect being the demoralization of the populace and thus an invasion could be instigated to bring the populace under heel.

Catching the US air defences unawares was key to this. This was the primary reason behind the Russians and Chinese developing hypersonic inter-continental ballistic missiles such as the RS-28 Sarmat (SATAN-2). They had targeted their RS-28 loaded with multiple 800kt warheads with two of the 10 warheads targeted on Sunset Valley. One to destroy the airbase, the other to knock out the city-hall.
    ICBM_Launch.jpg
    No-one outside the bunker knew and even the ones inside the bunker didn't even know of the hideous doom that would descend from the heavens that morning. It all started off with everyone getting up in the morning and preparing for work. After all, it was a work-week and people had to earn money to live.
    Screenshot%2B%2528502%2529.jpg
    Everyone in the bunker remained inside the bunker at the lowest level because they didn't know what to expect...and they were correct to do so. Tosh had on the stereo tuned to a news channel to make sure that he knew what was going on when they heard the Emergency Action Message coming over the airwaves. Most everyone on the outside was unsure of what was going on and went about their business as if nothing was going on. Beau decided that he was going to have a barbecue and Nancy Landgraab decided that she would sit down outside the grocery store. And of course Gobias Koffi had to sit down outside the bookstore. The Clavells went to the library...it would be the last things that they would ever do.
    Screenshot%2B%2528233%2529.jpg
    Screenshot%2B%2528234%2529.jpg
    Screenshot%2B%2528235%2529.jpg
    Screenshot%2B%2528239%2529.jpg
    The first warhead detonated at 0943hrs at its target over CFB Gnome thirty-six minutes after launch.
    Detonation1.jpg
    Detonation2.png
    Screenshot-127_nuke-base-airburst1.png
    Screenshot-127_nuke-base-airburst2.png
    Screenshot-127_nuke_base2.png
    If anyone had any sight left after the detonation of the second warhead directly over the cupola of the city hall...their retinas seared to a crisp; before being flashburned by the fireball and having their eyeballs melted into goo running out of their empty eye-sockets, they would have seen the fireball and mushroom cloud rising from the first detonation of the nuclear weapon over CFB Gnome.
    Detonation3.png
    SunsetValleyNuked3.jpg
    SunsetValleyNuked3.jpg
    SunsetValleyNuked4.jpg
    SunsetValleyNuked7.jpg
    Detonation4.jpg
    Screenshot-127_nuke3.png
    Paint bubbled and blistered, skin melted off the bones as meat seared and charred and then vaporized. If any structure was strong enough to remain standing after the blast wave, the only thing that would be left would be a human sized shadow burned permanently into the wall.
    Screenshot-127_nuke4.png
    As the mushroom clouds rose into the air, there was no-one left alive to see the fiery plumes that topped out thousands of feet into the air...raising their mantle of death and destruction over what used to be a fair and thriving city.
    ApocalypseFlames.jpg
    ...and the firestorms that raged went unabated as there was no one to put them out. The skies blackened with soot from the out of control fires.

The only thing that the occupants of the bunker could do was hope and pray that they would survive to see the remainder of what was left of their world.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @GraceyManor

Congrats

@Brandontaylor

Great Langerak update, must be nice with a little break from the ultimate sim one.
    That is a tough challenge, could never do it myself hehe.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Once again rent-a-center has not called me was suppose to call me this morning.
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    edited September 2020
    Decided to register the packs I haven't yet registered to Origin (Two down, two more to go)

Edit: Registered all four packs I haven't yet registered to Origin and downloading the Atomic Age Pets gift
    Post edited by Sleepstar on
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    For those that shared your 9/11 stories, thank you. It's interesting to me to see different perspectives from other parts of the country and world. I live in what is nicknamed "NYC's backyard". 9/11 is a raw day for me. I was 31 and my son was 9.
    My SIL's cousin was on Flight 93. My co-worker's brother worked on the top floor in Tower 1. The family that ran the local pizza restaurant, lost their mother. My childhood friend never made it out of the towers. My step-dad knew the family of the young man "With the Red Bandana".

I am blessed. While the loss of the people I listed was tragic, I was blessed that no one I was related to was taken from me. Just like with COVID (so far). 9/11 is a hard day for me. I use it as a day of reflection (if that makes any sense) to be grateful for what I have and for who I love. We went to dinner last night (we usually do that on Fridays) and I asked to go to the lookout point again this year to see the Tower of Lights. It was so frustrating this year listening to the bickering regarding the 9/11 memorials. I have opinions about NYC's mayor and his decisions but I'll keep them to myself.

So enough about that, because I don't' want to be too much more of a debbie downer.

I did NOT play last night for a whole lot of reasons. Today after I post this I plan to jump in-game. Right now I'm being easy on myself. Looking for a job is beginning to get overwhelming. The game keeps me sane.

I love that @GraceyManor post was included this week on the re-cap. That was a fun post. Once again, always inspired by all of your stories and builds.

I've been thinking that perhaps the reason that after ALL this time I've been playing I never complete a challenge because I'll be afraid I won't play any longer. @Karritz posting about collections and such. After 10+ years I still haven't done everything. Which is why I usually bail on the Ultimate Challenge and the Bucket List challenges.

Or I just have SIM distraction and see something new to do and I go for it. Who knows!

Happy Simming everyone!
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    edited September 2020
    Krusty Karen makeover Pt. 1

After Karen gets all of her belongs into her new house, she goes into her dressing room and checks herself in her new mirror. She doesn't like what she sees and thinks to herself on how nice her image would be when she can get rid of the awful make-up and clothes that she has on. It makes her so upset that her so-called friends had went and did this to her when she was passed out when they had a night of fun at the local bar in the town that she was living in. They even had stolen all of her nice clothes and left her with one set of the ugliest clothing for everyday wear as well as the ugliest pajamas that they could find as well as other clothing items. She liked the little pants and shirt for her PJ's but just hated the colors that they had left her with. And she couldn't also believe that they would give her such a hideous make-over as well. She wouldn't had mind the make-up if she was dressing up as a cat for a costume party or something like that. And so because of what happened, she had left her little country town of Riverview for a new life and hopefully new friends that would like her for who she is.
    AiudJPCl.jpg

So was so mad at them that she ended up yelling at herself in the mirror for ever believing that these people could be her friends even though they made fun of her for being so darn clumsy all of the time. Boy was she ever so naive to believe that she could be so lucky like that... :cry:
    0bZYoXQl.jpg

So after her very long rant that she did in front of the mirror, she was tired and had changed into her pj's and headed for bed. She hopes as she hops into bed that things can only get better from here and that things can start changing for the better.
    TTkMHv1l.jpg

While she was sleeping, she dreamed of the day when she can remove her hideous mask that she wears as she knows that she is a beautiful young lady who didn't deserve the treatment that she got from her fake friends.
    jpjSTtbl.jpg

She also had a dream that she was at the spa getting pampered and getting treated with the respect that she deserves.
    bKkbxRhl.jpg

When she wakes up the next morning, she decides that after having her breakfast that she will try to do her make-up and then maybe try to look for some nice clothes.
    NmMqnUil.jpg

She goes downstairs and grabs a bowl of cereal from the fridge. She figures that would be safer to do as she doesn't have any cooking skills whatsoever, so she doesn't have to worry about accidentally burning down her brand new house. So knows that she has the unlucky trait which is why she is she unlucky when it comes to getting friends as no one wants to hang around someone that is clumsy and unlucky. They're afraid of what she might do or hurt if she ever tripped over something while carrying something that could break or hurt someone... :cry:
    P97cc2vl.jpg

She takes her cereal to the breakfast counter to eat. She's surprised that she even made it safely to the counter without spilling or dropping her cereal. And she's also surprised that she was able to get up on the bar stool without falling off of it. So she thinks that maybe her luck is getting better but she knows that she shouldn't get her hopes up too high in that department as she has been let down several times when she had that thought.
    BP3rgZUl.jpg

After she gets done eating, she goes and cleans out her bowl so that she doesn't leave any dirty dishes around. But after she finished washing her bowl up and placing it in the dish rack to dry, she almost ended up face first in the sink as she had tripped over her own 2 feet... :# (I didn't get the picture of that.)
    XKNzCWEl.jpg

She heads back upstairs to the 2nd floor where the bathroom is located and checks herself out in the mirror before she goes and washes that hideous make-off off of her face.
    CYZqyo8l.jpg

After she washed it off, she put on some more make-up and checks it out to see if it looks good.
    mm3WIKhl.jpg

She's not too impressed with the make-up job that she did on her face as she knows that she really doesn't know how to apply it on properly. She's used to caking the make-up on her face as she thought that's how it's suppose to be done. She never really had anyone showing her the proper way of toning it down and blending it in as she had no mother or any older sisters growing up as she was an only child raised by her dad who wasn't a very good parent to begin with.
    R4YPYYkl.jpg

So it made her very sad that she wasn't like all of the other girls out there that knew the proper way of doing make-up thanks to either their mothers or sisters or both to show them how it's done... :cry:
    nD7kEyPl.jpg

Since she was bad at doing her make-up, she decided to head on over to the spa for a facial and hopefully get some advice and tips on doing make-up. So when the taxi shows up outside of her house, the driver was a bit shocked at Karen's sight but chose not to say anything to her about her appearance as that would be rude as heck and she needed the money from this fare anyhow. She also didn't want to get a bad review from the passengers that she picks up as that would make her look bad and could cost her her job. So the she asks Karen where she wants to go and Karen tells her that she's going to the spa... :)
    bjYizb6l.jpg

Once they get there, Karen paid her fare and left a little extra money for a tip since the taxi driver was very friendly to her... :) So she heads on inside of the spa and is greeted by the owner. She asks Karen what she would like to have done today as she shows her the list of treatments and explains what all they do. Karen picks the facial treatment and also tells the owner that she needs a little advice for doing make-up if that was okay. The owner said that was fine as she doesn't mind helping those who need such advice... :)
    6j1PBc7l.jpg

After her facial treatment, the owner then shows her how to do her make-up using the make-up doll that she has in her shop. She also gives her tips on her hair as well as Karen had told the owner that she wasn't that good at fixing her hair so she just leaves it down. She told the owner all about the incident with her so called friends and the owner told her not to dwell too much on it as it means that those people are winning every time she does. She told her that she has confidence in her and that she if she just keeps believing that she can be so much better than those people, that she will be the winner out on top. Afterwards, the owner then gives Karen a book with make-up and hair tips in it when Karen brought some better make-up, some very good facial products and some hair dyes and places them in the bag with the purchased items. Karen even grabs a couple of the free Beauty and Fashion magazines that was at the spa to read later. So said her thanks to the spa owner with a promise that she comes back again to let the owner see how she looks with her new make-over.

Once Karen gets home, she heads up to her bedroom to place her make-up on her dresser and then checks herself out again in the mirror. She just hopes that she doesn't let the spa owner down because if she let's her down, then she's also lets her own self down as well and she doesn't want to do that at all.
    9eUOEn8l.jpg
    CBjm1p0l.jpg

Karen then proceeds to remove her sunglasses and changes into her pj's for her make-over. She starts with trying to dye her hair a brown color and then styles it. But she isn't too impress with the look as it makes her look older.
    T8QK1H9l.jpg

She then tries another hairstyle that she likes but isn't too crazy about it being in brown.
    w6aerkxl.jpg

She turn decides to use the blonde hair dye with this hairstyle as it reminds her of the Marilyn Monroe look and was quite impressed with it... :)
    yL1l3IBl.jpg

She then decided to try this style which she also likes as well... :)
    QIaxV01l.jpg

She also tried this one as well. She thought it was okay but she still likes the Marilyn Monroe looking one better... :)
    O66AI6Sl.jpg

She then did her make-up a few times until she got the look that she wants. She then checks herself out in the mirror and then decides that her next step would be to hire someone to pick up some of the clothing that she saw in the fashion magazines and bring them to the house for her to try on... :)
    1z0KiT8l.jpg

Hope you all like what I've done with @CravenLestat Krusty Karen so far... :)
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @lisasc360 I like how you're doing it step by step. It's fun!
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited September 2020
    Wow @lisasc360 You finally made a post without making me the evil bad guy Denny's dishwasher super villain tying damsels to railroad tracks.Where is Lisa and what have you done to her :#

I like it so far wonders what you will do next :p

@Zeegee Will get with you on the ginger sim,I have to figure out which hair and stuff she has just everyday look things you need to get.The rest I will make basic base game stuff.But you can haz after though.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    After making out with almost all of her roommates and finally giving in with Jared Blake was able to return home for a little family time.
    mPYwKuY.jpg
    DnyFDXF.jpg
    Bert is delighted to have her back he doesn't know what she was up to just that she finished her term with an A and rushed back home.
    26PSK3L.jpg
    I was messing with aging and it got to the kids so...yeah, isn't Levvy just lovely? Ha he totally took after his mother.
    LuDrVmQ.jpg
    Xavier is cute too I can't wait for him to be a teen.
    PoBOERe.jpg
    Cinnamon is a looker too and I just know she and Levvy will have cute babies for now I have put away all the baby stuff to give to them when the time is right.
    w4l5D7F.jpg
    I touched up Bert as well.
    aJvubRE.jpg
    Mjh8Cw3.jpg
    He's so proud of his boy he could not wait to get him on the road we'll see how that goes.
    CHu6diW.jpg
    Figured I should keep on it though cause uni takes forever.
    ZYBeQH0.jpg
    Blake is just thrilled to be back, I think she missed Jared.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Got my replacement desktop today and its doing the samething.
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer I bet the fanfiction one would be scary.
    Harm's kind of got limited options in the bunker but I bet it would feel nice to be young again.
    Younger bodies with almost a life's worth of experience? Sounds like that'd be great.
    Something's hitting the fan now. The burning eyeballs thing sounds disgusting but I guess it would only last mere seconds, if that.
    But yet the blimp is still flying through the air, lol. I know, you can't do anything about that but it made me laugh.
    Great update!

@GraceyManor Congrats!
    Go figure about RAC. They are good about calling all the time to ask if you want another product or if you are even a day late but then they never call about issues. Sounds like they are giving you refurbished or used items.

@Silverofdreams30 It is nice to get a break from it sometimes. I'm returning to it tonight for a couple updates.

@MamaSimTee Thank you for sharing. It's sad that you knew of people who were affected by the attacks personally. I can't even begin to imagine how awful it'd be to lose someone like that and knowing what the people in the buildings and planes went through. I'd heard about some of the issues with the mayor, I like to keep up with news from other parts of the country.
    Job searching is hard right now, I hope something works out for you soon. Sims is a good distraction when things bother me too so I'm glad it helps.

@lisasc360 Poor Karen. She got a raw deal from her "friends".
    Better to keep it safe when cooking. Don't want a fire.
    It's nice to see her without the mask on.
    Looking better already.
    Great update!

@RedDestiny92 Now let's hope Bert doesn't find out.
    Great update!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Its just the graphics is doing some sort of weird artifacting, I contacted the manufacturer again,and they said they don't see it on this one, but I do.

119461954_639561510301438_6218229401263236760_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=ca434c&_nc_ohc=GgcEL_mdJecAX9U9ZuD&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=693f37210508ba3e847f3023dc97baa0&oe=5F81E87B
    This is what its doing.I find it hard to believe 2 desktops have issues.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top