Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What pack should I get?

I recently got back into The Sims 3 but I'm missing some essential packs. Which one should I get? I have World Adventures, Late Night, and Generations and I'm mostly a realism oriented player.

What pack should I get? 36 votes

Ambitions
33%
cianeMikezumiemorrillstarguruBlackSandTeeSeaCravenLestatdorcsyfulClarionOfJoyNikkei_SimmerpuzzlezaddictTurjan 12 votes
Seasons
58%
Emily4331Jasejaletu2005PaikallinenSk8rblazeGabbyGirlJlisasc360annaliese39RedDestiny92chaccelunaoddityHillyBethcomicsforlifeEvie0602BradyGalaxyKeiomestrepinkrobinCalico45EldraiHolaheye 21 votes
University Life
0%
Other
8%
alanmichael1bekkasanSuzyCue72 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    All of them.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Ambitions
    I would often play just the base game and stuff packs with store content on my laptop and not add the stress of any EP to it. Ambitions was the EP I always missed the most.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Ambitions
    Ambitions gives you active professions such as firefighter, ghostbuster,detective, and allows you to turn skills into self-employment jobs such as painter, writer, gardener, handyperson, etc. Also if you love building lots and editing sims, the EP lets you turn those those into careers as an architect who gets hired by sims to fix up their homes set to their conditions and as a stylist at their own salon station.

It comes with Twinbrook that has swamps, new lots and lot types, and you can do laundry either at a laundromat or your washer and dryer at home.

The other EPs are great too, so I would get those after this one! My own preference is to get University next because then you can add your own college or university to your hometown and build the structures in any way you want. The university world the EP comes with is pretty neat too. I would go there first before building your own in your homeworld to see how it all works.

It's not listed but hands down, I absolutely love Island Paradise. The world it comes with is beautiful but needs fixing, though once fixed it's a really enjoyable world to play. There's tons of things to do there: scuba diving, building and running a resort, lifeguard career, discovering hidden islands, boating, windsurfing, waterskiing, jetskis, paddle boats, etc.

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited September 2020
    Ambitions
    Ambitions just for the sheer amount of interactive stuff and things to do.

Just one thing only from this expansion alone branches into 3 cool new awesome gameplay aditions.

Inventor you can make

A miner machine which lets you dig for treasure and can make warp holes and dimensional portals.(I use this some games as a career,I set a max amount of finds/digs per day and only live off my luck or lack of)

A time machine you enter which adds a rabbit hole story that has many effects from getting new items and clothing to having that innocent woohoo in the future or past come back to bite you when you return from your trip and a kid follows you back.(Yes it is your kid)

A simbot :o different from plumbots from ITF they are very human in nature needing no trait chips and are just awesome.

Plus 2 of the above can be purchased just by finding them in the consignment shop no need to even be an inventor if your story takes a different route.The Time machine and miner can be bought (I love the miner) :p

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Other

I picked other and it would be world adventures because of the travel. Adds so much fun and potential to your sims lives.
    I definitely agree with @KatyFernlily about all of them, eventually.
  • Options
    DottyKCDottyKC Posts: 19 Member
    Seasons
    I started with just the base game and university, and I ended up only playing in the university town once- it's hard to be successful in classes and still have fun at school, and the university is so far removed from your town. I also wasn't a huge fan of the dorm or any of the other students. I didn't even finish their degree. I just had to get out of there!

I voted for seasons because I love the holidays and the idea of decorating lots differently for each season. I also like how much the world changes through the year-- what can I say, I'm all about the scenery!
  • Options
    SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    Other
    I feel the same as @bekkasan and @KatyFernlily! :) All of them of course! I <3 Sims 3!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Other
    Supernatural is the best pack in the entire Sims history.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Ambitions
    DottyKC wrote: »
    I started with just the base game and university, and I ended up only playing in the university town once- it's hard to be successful in classes and still have fun at school, and the university is so far removed from your town. I also wasn't a huge fan of the dorm or any of the other students. I didn't even finish their degree. I just had to get out of there!

I voted for seasons because I love the holidays and the idea of decorating lots differently for each season. I also like how much the world changes through the year-- what can I say, I'm all about the scenery!

I found that if you take less courses per semester, it's a lot more manageable and you have more time to do what you want and explore that world and make friends.

But if you don't want to go to the university world, you can also add a university or college to your homeworld. That way, you don't have to deal with dorm mates you don't want and just have familiar townies as your classmates. You can also design the uni any way you want -- clustered together in one lot or farther apart each in their own lots, and give them any look you want: modern, ivy league, even goth, etc.

This is the campus in my current homeworld:

The Sims University @ Isle of Sims III Campus

Screenshot-8.jpg
    Screenshot-9.jpg

It's a modified version of lewisb40's most excellent lot:

When taking less courses per semester, you will have to take more semesters of course, but it's so much easier when the university/college is right in your own homeworld!

• Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Seasons
    I voted Seasons. I mainly play legacies and they just wouldn't be the same without weather and the holidays.