Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Finally giving Sims 3 a go

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    edited September 2020
    Aine wrote: »
    Zombies (!) just started popping up in my sims backyard at night - do I need to worry about that? 😱

I end up putting out a rocking chair or 2 on the front porch of my sims homes so that the zombies can sit down. I've also put out the mechanical squid that I had downloaded from Around the Sims 3 site which uses the interactions of the mechanical bull from the Showtime EP and watch the zombies ride it. They will also dance to the boom box radio if there is one outside. Of course if they bite you, you might turn into one but it only last a few hours though...😀 Sometimes when they try to bite you, they end up grabbing their head like they're in pain or something...lol
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I hope one of the Nraas mods you started out with was Relativity! :D I know I couldn't play without it!
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I hope one of the Nraas mods you started out with was Relativity! :D I know I couldn't play without it!
    ^this

it's my #1 favourite mod.

if you lower the relativity speed a little, and tweak the motive delta & motive decay factors you can really open up the sims 3 to immersive experiences. my family sit down and chat over their dinners for a good while, they dont just sit and wolf it down in 2 bites like default.

they spend several hours doing fun stuff, bowling, pool, watching tv together, whatever. their fun bar doesn't just automatically get full by doing 1 thing for 5 minutes. etc
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    If your sim reaches a certain level in the cop career, you get a free patrol car of your very own to keep forever.

If your sim reaches the top of the fireman career, you get a fire engine of your very own to keep forever.

If you get an alien to move in with you, his spaceship will become part of the family's assets and you can take it as your own. If you raise your handiness enough, you can upgrade it with cannons and use it to shoot up the town.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Ive been playing since June 2009. Whenever I want to find something different to do I read through the badges. Badges can be found in your Sims 3 MyPage.

I am still finding things I've never tried in the game.

I've also used the game to learn about making YouTube videos. I've got a few series exploring different aspects of the game. And my Tutorial videos seem to be popular.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    If your sim reaches a certain level in the cop career, you get a free patrol car of your very own to keep forever.

If your sim reaches the top of the fireman career, you get a fire engine of your very own to keep forever.

If you get an alien to move in with you, his spaceship will become part of the family's assets and you can take it as your own. If you raise your handiness enough, you can upgrade it with cannons and use it to shoot up the town.

In one of my families, the Dad was a firefighter who received a firetruck when he reached level 10, but his teenage son kept taking it to drive to his high school, lol!

• Options
    @ClarionOfJoy A vehicle will remain in the teen's inventory when they finish learning to drive. If you don't take it out before they need to go to school they will use it instead of the school bus.
  • Options
    @ClarionOfJoy A vehicle will remain in the teen's inventory when they finish learning to drive. If you don't take it out before they need to go to school they will use it instead of the school bus.

That's the thing! I already gave him his own car and parking space. But it's not as cool as the firetruck so he's been taking the fire truck instead! His Dad ends up having to take his son's car to drive to work, lol!

• Options
    @ClarionOfJoy That's interesting! My teens won't touch the cars in the driveway to go to school although they will help themselves whenever they go elsewhere.
  • Options
    @ClarionOfJoy That's interesting! My teens won't touch the cars in the driveway to go to school although they will help themselves whenever they go elsewhere.

Do you assign a preferred car? They will use that to go to school.

• Options
    @ClarionOfJoy I don't want my teens driving to school, preferring all the kids to go to school together.
  • Options
    @ClarionOfJoy I don't want my teens driving to school, preferring all the kids to go to school together.

Ah, okay! Then yeah, that won't happen. My children oftentimes have different afterschool activities and don't all come home at the same time. That's why I give them their own bicycles as kids and then their own cars as teens.

• Options
    @ClarionOfJoy I have never bought my kids bicycles because they spawn one whenever they need to go somewhere. It's no wonder my sims are richer than God ... I don't buy anything unnecessary! ;)
  • Options
    @ClarionOfJoy I have never bought my kids bicycles because they spawn one whenever they need to go somewhere. It's no wonder my sims are richer than God ... I don't buy anything unnecessary! ;)

Ah! You're a better person than me! :)

• Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I started over with a new save because I found a SUPER cute sim to download and play with - and I found a nice custom world and it's an Island so there's a beach. ;)
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Aine wrote: »
    I started over with a new save because I found a SUPER cute sim to download and play with - and I found a nice custom world and it's an Island so there's a beach. ;)

Oooh, which world? So glad you're having fun with the game!