Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Such a pleasant thread.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Drakos wrote: »
    Such a pleasant thread.

It certainly is a nice palate cleanser.
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Drakos wrote: »
    Such a pleasant thread.

It certainly is a nice palate cleanser.

Absolutely!
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Is it weird that I'm more excited for this pack than I was for Realm of Magic? I knew exactly what I wanted for that pack and I knew I probably wasn't going to get it - and I love my occults.
    I'm going into this one with no expectations other than a new place to explore and CAS/BB that I know I like. I'm looking forward to finding out how the different sides play out. I'm not heavily invested into Star Wars so I'm not going to be upset if something isn't exactly as I imagine.
    Sure I see things I wish they had done differently, but honestly, it's as expected.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member
    Can I just say I'm still going to hold out hope that EP 10 has a horse in it somehow so my spellcaster (aka Jed'aii wannabe) simself can wield a lightasaber while riding a pony? (and more importantly, do I want to attempt this in person, except I'm not sure who I can bribe to take my picture as I'm usually at the ranch by myself. :D

The pony will be fine. He takes everything in stride. I'm not so sure about myself though. I've been practicing my spins and almost threw my stunt saber into the wall the other night. 🤭

I love this thread. It's a happy place.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I am very happy that I CAN take my family of 3 and have each of them play through a different faction at the same time!
    Though I might just go for 2 factions in one family, the daughter will def be a scaundrel and the mother probly 1st order, I think the dad will just be there "for science!" (he is my mad scientist).

The CAS is beautiful!
    I also feel like some of the clothing would go well for other occult sims, like my alchemist (spellcaster) and the dark hoods for my coven members, I adore one of the male tops especially and I already know who will wear it.

Not so happy about the alien looks being masks, it would be fine if there were no "situational outfits" which force sims out of their assigned clothes...I really hate the situational outfit mechanic....but umm...this is a positive thread so let's not spoil it....

BB is top notch too, can't wait to build with all the cool looking stuff :smile:

logion wrote: »
    Yeah, I watched her video now, it's a little confusing. You can go to Batuu as an alien from Sixam, but you can't put on an alien mask or wear the green makeup on your sim and walk around on Batuu and play as an alien on Batuu because those masks are not available in CAS on Batuu.

I wonder if this could be changed via filters in CAS.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    I am very happy that I CAN take my family of 3 and have each of them play through a different faction at the same time!
    Though I might just go for 2 factions in one family, the daughter will def be a scaundrel and the mother probly 1st order, I think the dad will just be there "for science!" (he is my mad scientist).

I am so thankful now that my household with Star Wars character names had a set of triplets. One for each faction! (I just have to decide if I want Padme or Finn to be First Order since Rey is obviously going with Resistance. Part of me thinks that the two girls being opposites would be interesting, but then I also thought of having Finn inadvertently find his way into the First Order, rise through the ranks and then abruptly leave it when he realizes what it actually is.)
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,468 Member
    Okay, I hope I misunderstood English Simmer's review because I really want to bring my Alien. I might have to change her up a bit when I get there because the pack kind of forces you to, but I'd really like to make her a Twi'lek if that's possible. No expectations though, so I'll just see when I get there. :)

So this pack is apparently affecting my real life. I went into Target the other day and saw a large Baby Yoda pillow pal, sitting by itself, unprotected, so I picked it up and carried it around for a while. Yeah, I know that's probably not wise in a Pandemic, but he was lost, nowhere near the Star Wars section. I had to wander around the toy section looking for it, worried that it didn't exist anymore, but succeeded in finding it in the end. There, sitting all in a row, was a plethora of Baby Yodas of various sizes and styles, and on multiple shelves. The pillow pal was the only one, but he was finally home. I gave him one last hug, sat him down gently, and adored the others for a few minutes with a pat on the tiny hand or head, before continuing on my journey, feeling peaceful that he wouldn't be all alone with those dinosaurs and Hot Wheels in the other isle.

It's a shame though, that Target has such a small Star Wars section these days. I remember when the new films were coming out, they had some major licensing and there was treasure everywhere! I was able to get a Stormtrooper onesie that I still have and even wore to one of the premiers where I met a real R2D2 life sized robot. I had a special edition R2D2 Android phone at the time too, that I've kept to this day because it's awesome.

Hmmm...Come to think of it, maybe I'll wear that onesie on Tuesday instead of my Boba Fett t-shirt for the release.

Yes, I did just share too much weirdo information about myself. Haha. :s
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Okay, I hope I misunderstood English Simmer's review because I really want to bring my Alien. I might have to change her up a bit when I get there because the pack kind of forces you to, but I'd really like to make her a Twi'lek if that's possible. No expectations though, so I'll just see when I get there. :)

So this pack is apparently affecting my real life. I went into Target the other day and saw a large Baby Yoda pillow pal, sitting by itself, unprotected, so I picked it up and carried it around for a while. Yeah, I know that's probably not wise in a Pandemic, but he was lost, nowhere near the Star Wars section. I had to wander around the toy section looking for it, worried that it didn't exist anymore, but succeeded in finding it in the end. There, sitting all in a row, was a plethora of Baby Yodas of various sizes and styles, and on multiple shelves. The pillow pal was the only one, but he was finally home. I gave him one last hug, sat him down gently, and adored the others for a few minutes with a pat on the tiny hand or head, before continuing on my journey, feeling peaceful that he wouldn't be all alone with those dinosaurs and Hot Wheels in the other isle.

It's a shame though, that Target has such a small Star Wars section these days. I remember when the new films were coming out, they had some major licensing and there was treasure everywhere! I was able to get a Stormtrooper onesie that I still have and even wore to one of the premiers where I met a real R2D2 life sized robot. I had a special edition R2D2 Android phone at the time too, that I've kept to this day because it's awesome.

Hmmm...Come to think of it, maybe I'll wear that onesie on Tuesday instead of my Boba Fett t-shirt for the release.

How wonderful that The Child found his people! You're a good soul, @LiELF

I haven't been to Target in months! The last time i went, I totally lucked out and found a Black Series Wedge Antilles on clearance and was giving everyone stink eye because nobody was gonna take my Slayer of Stars away from me! He gets to share the top shelf of my little action figure stand (well, it's supposed to be for spice bottles, but it's just perfect for my 6" Black series figures) with Jedi Revan and Darth Revan.

My iPhone case has an R2-D2 motif. Every time we troop, I always hold it up, and my friend with the sandtrooper costume says "Look sir, droids" I'm not sure what I'll wear for the release. I have a lot of Star Wars shirts i could wear. I'll have to think about it. I might have to run errands that day, otherwise, I might kit up and put m,y biker scout out and go dancing in the street and scandalize the neighborhood.
  • Options
    Haflinger wrote: »

How wonderful that The Child found his people! You're a good soul, @LiELF

I haven't been to Target in months! The last time i went, I totally lucked out and found a Black Series Wedge Antilles on clearance and was giving everyone stink eye because nobody was gonna take my Slayer of Stars away from me! He gets to share the top shelf of my little action figure stand (well, it's supposed to be for spice bottles, but it's just perfect for my 6" Black series figures) with Jedi Revan and Darth Revan.

My iPhone case has an R2-D2 motif. Every time we troop, I always hold it up, and my friend with the sandtrooper costume says "Look sir, droids" I'm not sure what I'll wear for the release. I have a lot of Star Wars shirts i could wear. I'll have to think about it. I might have to run errands that day, otherwise, I might kit up and put m,y biker scout out and go dancing in the street and scandalize the neighborhood.

Sounds like a great time to me. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Well, I think I've fought the good fight, but I am worn out. Hopefully people pull back from the abyss, but who knows what happens tomorrow. As for me, I think I need a Bilbo-esque holiday. It's all so exhausting.

I hope that you all have lots of fun in Batuu, and that it is what you hope it will be. Keep being kind to one another.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,966 Member
    Well, I think I've fought the good fight, but I am worn out. Hopefully people pull back from the abyss, but who knows what happens tomorrow. As for me, I think I need a Bilbo-esque holiday. It's all so exhausting.

I hope that you all have lots of fun in Batuu, and that it is what you hope it will be. Keep being kind to one another.

Thanks. :)
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

I enjoyed the read. Reminds me of when I found the deboxed 12in Emperor Palpatine wrapped in a bag. I had to have him, although evil, I could just tell the one I found needs love and so happy to see him when I go in my doll room. <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

Target did actually just release a line of Galaxy’s Edge inspired merchandise this past week, but judging by the pictures I saw I think most of it was scooped up by people to be sold on EBay and the like.

Back before The Last Jedi release, I actually went to one of the “Force Friday” events at my local Target and won a giant plush porg in a raffle. That was a fun night, even though getting a giant porg into my apartment at 1am was...interesting.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited September 2020

Bright suns to you too. :)

At this point I think I'm going to start making use of the ignore feature for the first time ever on these forums... I've had my fair share of toddler foot-stomping tantrum derail posts to last me through to the next Sims generation.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options

At this point I think I'm going to start making use of the ignore feature for the first time ever on these forums... I've had my fair share of toddler foot-stomping tantrum derail posts to last me through to the next Sims generation.

I'm a social media noob and can't find the ignore button, which I dearly wish to find for some people are testing me. Where is it? Lol :/
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    CelSims wrote: »

I'm a social media noob and can't find the ignore button, which I dearly wish to find for some people are testing me. Where is it? Lol :/

If you click on the poster's name, it will take you to their profile page. From there look to the right side of your screen and you'll see a little person silhouette with a dropdown menu arrow. Click on that and you will get the option to "ignore". Click on "ignore" and Bob's yer uncle! :)

And then enjoy the peaceful sounds of birds chirping, the trickle of babbling brooks, and unicorns floating by.
    Kidding! :D
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options

If you click on the poster's name, it will take you to their profile page. From there look to the right side of your screen and you'll see a little person silhouette with a dropdown menu arrow. Click on that and you will get the option to "ignore". Click on "ignore" and Bob's yer uncle! :)

And then enjoy the peaceful sounds of birds chirping, the trickle of babbling brooks, and unicorns floating by.

Thank you very much
  • Options

Thank you very much

Your welcome. :)
  • Options

Enjoy Rivendell! Great flying for the Rebellion. Maybe we'll talk again about White Wolf one day. :)

(Oh my. It's kind of pleasing that I can reference multiple favorite epics in a brief reply.)
    #Team Occult
  • Options

Yeah, I hear you. I normally don't like to use the ignore feature because I try to keep an open mind with everyone and leave myself open to all discussions, even unpleasant ones. But there have been some real instigators escalating these last few days who I'm tired of seeing spam up threads or get nasty with people.

Honestly, I wish we could get an "ignore thread" feature so I could block some of them out completely. :D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I really like the CAS and Build/Buy and disagree with the gamechanger saying it's not stuff you would regularly use. For me it is :) so thats personal tastes.
    I'm glad I assumed no force when I prepared for the pack but it's still a bit disappointing.

Same. I NEED the irregular CAS and B/B for my aliens, vampires, plant sims, dark elves, and so on. When i finally play mermaids, that's a whole new look. Maybe. Just depends. ;)

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Today after getting breakfast for everyone and bundling of kiddo to school I am finally going to see B&B. I’m excited :)
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 892 Member
    You guys are really a breath of fresh air. I was very sure I would not want this pack, but after watching some of the game play features in the let's plays I may change my mind, but still not sure. It is nice to be able to go somewhere that feels like a safe place on this forum right now. Even though I agree with some of the criticism of the game right now it feels people are just hating for the sake of hating. The other parts of the forum are very heavy right now, so I am very glad to find a place to read more uplifting posts. Thanks for this thread. I will let you know if I do decide to buy the pack, but I will continue to enjoy all of your excitement here.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    so my alien cant go why
    more for sim kids and more drama please

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top