Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2020
    I personally don't think they would update aliens within a Star Wars pack. I think they'd come up with new creatures and a new genre of occults. Maybe we would even be able to create different kinds of creatures within one new 'occult category'? Like there are many different species of humanoid creatures within the SW franchise. The Jedi of course come to mind as a possible new occult but I don't know if they'd mix the Star Wars and Sims lore to that extent. I hope we can keep smaller creatures as pets in the new world! Oh and holograms could make an appearance too.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    It‘s definitely a Star Wars pack
    GAMEPACKLEAK.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2020
    GAMEPACKLEAK.jpg

And it makes sense from a business perspective as well. It seems logical for EA to combine two IP's that they own the rights to.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member

simguru duke already said its not a theme park

Maybe a resort theme?
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I think it might be a super heroes pack (which I completely despise)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    edited August 2020
    still holding out small hope its not star wars but some other fantasy world with moon cycle or something and it just happens to look similar

meanwhile i liked strangerville and all ive just had my share of machines in ts4 like i want something else

heck im even getting super into nifty knitting cause my sims need no machines to play that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Whew this speculation is killing me but I gotta read it anyway.
    I've wanted an alien world for my sims to live and colonize on, or to live out the life of an alien. So many possibilities for new stories.. It's basically what I've turned the upper part of Strangerville into in one save. Even though I'm not a big Star Wars fan I could make it work if we have lots for our sims to live on.
    As for backlash if it is such a pack... There is always a backlash over an idea or theme from people that like the game but don't want that pack or from people that just dislike the game in general, always. Whatever. Me.. I'm stoked if there is any possibility for more sci-fi stuff.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    OMG I will just be too thrilled if we could play Wookies!....
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited August 2020
    22 pages in like 24 hours wow
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Aren't we done with sci-fi stuff yet? I mean, we got rockets and that huge observatory in base game, the science career plus aliens and space travelling in Get to Work, Geekcon in City Living, the lab and a tone of gadgets in Strangerville, Robotics in Discover University, plus all the futuristic items scattered throughout the packs, like the talking toilet, that virtual reality videogame, drones and sleeping pods in Get Famous.

I'm kinda done with technology in The Sims 4.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    edited August 2020
    GAMEPACKLEAK.jpg

And it makes sense from a business perspective as well. It seems logical for EA to combine two IP's that they own the rights to.

Yeah, I can't unsee the Battu architecture now. The three suns is such a specific detail.

And honestly, it makes sense from so many different angles.

From The Sims' perspective, basing a pack around Galaxy's Edge is probably the only way they could ever do a Star Wars pack. Having your Sims live in the Star Wars universe wouldn't really fit with the rest of the game, but having them visit Battu on a vacation? That fits in just fine. It's a sci-fi pack and a theme park pack all in one. After all, many real people went to Galaxy's Edge on vacation last year, didn't they?

Also, Battu is already kind of set up like a TS4 world. While the land isn't exactly "divided", there are three distinct areas that could very easily be separate "neighborhoods", and one of them is a central marketplace much like the one in the Magic Realm, with small market stalls selling different types of items. I can totally see building a droid being a thing (again, they would probably work similarly to the familiars from Realm of Magic except...on the ground.) Lightsabers could work similarly to magic wands, living in a Sims's inventory most of the time until they want to show them off or equip them with different crystals to change the color. There's also the idea of having an "allegiance" in Galaxy's Edge-you either help the Resistance, help the First Order, or become a Smuggler-kind of like the different types of magic. Only instead of meeting the 3 magic sages, you meet different character NPCs who guide you. (Actually, come to think of it, the bones of Realm of Magic could provide a pretty firm foundation for this if it's real.)

From the Disney/Lucasfilm side of things, this would be just one of several attempts to keep Galaxy's Edge in the public consciousness while their theme parks are either closed or otherwise inaccessible to many potential guests due to the ongoing pandemic. A line of formally exclusive Galaxy's Edge merchandise was recently released to Target. An "Art of Galaxy's Edge" book, as well as several narrative books detailing the lore of Battu, were recently published. A pack where you can take virtual vacations to Battu (without any pesky pandemics to impact the experience) seems right up their alley too. It's all designed to get people excited to visit Galaxy's Edge as the theme parks re-open. (I wouldn't be surprised if, assuming Battu is a vacation world, the "accommodations" end up being some sort of replica of the hotel they were building in Florida-possibly in a 4th neighborhood set in space above Battu.)

Honestly, as someone who counts Star Wars, Disney parks, and The Sims among my top interests, this would be a very exciting pack for me-but I do recognize it would be very unappealing for others. We'll just have to wait and see.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,198 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I am just vastly disappointed. I was so excited for this gamepack due to all the hints from the knifty knitting trailer. Now it's just another plum Strangerville like alien pack (or worse: Star Wars) and I already hate it even though I don't know what comes with it yet. It honestly can't be interesting for me in any way if it's space themed.

I don't want farming with strange creatures (someone posted that in that star wars world there is farming), I want real farming. I don't want my Sims to travel to some strange planet and I don't want aliens roaming my towns.

I hate it, I really hate it and I have never been more disappointed (except for when Strangerville was released). I am so not going to buy this. This will be the first pack I definitely won't buy.

You don't think they would bring something like Strangerville a story-based pack again? Oh god please no no no no no!

This would even make this worse, lol

if it is, gonna tell you right now..HUGE backlash....and it will just put the nail on the coffin for me that they DO not know what this fanbase wants and refuse to listen.

Speak for yourself.I actually like stragerville, and some other people did.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    GAMEPACKLEAK.jpg

Yep...convinced it is SW ...No turning back now.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I guess it is nice if it turns out to be Galaxy's Edge. Giving people a chance to visit a place like that despite the current pandemic. It does feel like it was probably requested by Disney and EA though.

Still, that doesn't mean that the pack will be bad.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I am just vastly disappointed. I was so excited for this gamepack due to all the hints from the knifty knitting trailer. Now it's just another plum Strangerville like alien pack (or worse: Star Wars) and I already hate it even though I don't know what comes with it yet. It honestly can't be interesting for me in any way if it's space themed.

I don't want farming with strange creatures (someone posted that in that star wars world there is farming), I want real farming. I don't want my Sims to travel to some strange planet and I don't want aliens roaming my towns.

I hate it, I really hate it and I have never been more disappointed (except for when Strangerville was released). I am so not going to buy this. This will be the first pack I definitely won't buy.

You don't think they would bring something like Strangerville a story-based pack again? Oh god please no no no no no!

if it is, gonna tell you right now..HUGE backlash....and it will just put the nail on the coffin for me that they DO not know what this fanbase wants and refuse to listen.

The MAJORITY didn't like it, I know SOME did.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I guess it is nice if it turns out to be Galaxy's Edge. Giving people a chance to visit a place like that despite the current pandemic. It does feel like it was probably requested by Disney and EA though.

Still, that doesn't mean that the pack will be bad.

I somehow don't think it will be a theme park, but an actual space pack set in the star wars world. Could be wrong though. Ahh I want to know more now!
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member

They didn't? I got the impression it was well received. Oh well I really like Strangerville myself.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

They didn't? I got the impression it was well received. Oh well I really like Strangerville myself.

Don't think anyone *really* knows if the majority liked it or didn't. Unless any of us have actually done a large-scale survey on this, we'll always be influenced by our own thought bubbles. ;)
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

@MaggieMarley I can't talk numbers either but I remember a bigger amount of criticism surrounding Strangerville than any other game packs at the time.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    Meh. Haven't the last two Game Packs been Sci-Fi (Strangerville) and Fantasy (that magic pack)? I was hoping for something more down-to-earth.

If it's tied in with improvements to the aliens we already have (there's precedent with vampires being introduced in Late Night and "improved" in Supernatural, so those who don't have GTW could get them in the new pack) that would be a plus for quite a bit of the community. We've had "down to earth" in packs like Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out and Parenthood, so I'm willing to see what they have to offer in terms of the Space Race. B)

Of course, the other thing to consider is that The Sims was merely paying tribute to the Star Wars franchise in a bit of inter-company synergy, and this isn't actually a new pack icon at all. :/ (I still want improved aliens -- maybe not a full skill tree like spellcasters and vampires, but at least something better than what we've got.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    @Ivyeyed If it isn't a star wars themed pack at this point I'd be absolutely shocked. Everything is pointing that way. The future cube hints all have things about "space" one of the hints is trade marked, the icons all look like it the pig hint. Everything points to Star Wars. If it isn't I won't understand any of this. LOL

I know most people have watched Star Wars (myself included) but this seems almost kind of isolating. What if a group of people never have watched the series. Won't that be confusing and off putting? If it's a generic space pack anyone can play it and not get throw off by themed clothing and interactions that would be movie related. I dunno. I get that game packs are niche but this seems TOO niche.

I'm a realistic family player who has never seen star wars and hates occult-y type things but thinks a Starwars pack could be amazing and hope that's what it is haha! Def not confusing or off putting for me

That's interesting to me. Can I ask why you would think is would be amazing if you've never seen anything related to it? I can understand why space would be appealing but if they did a GM on lets say, the terminator I would be turned off because I've never seen those movies and wouldn't really relate or get into it. At any rate I'm glad it seems interesting to you. :)

@BatmanFanGirl Sure, sorry took awhile to respond. I went to bed after posting it's late here.

Anyways, it's because I likely won't have to send my players to outerspace but I'm hoping for some really cool things added for realistic play, like toy light sabres for my kids to play with and a cool animation for them to have light sabre wars.

Oh my geeky tech loving conspiracy hunting dad can hopefully collect all sorts of star wars memoribilia like posters and models

Some cool galaxy themed decore/bedding would be a fun addition

And what if sims could get a smaller telescope, and find constellations, discover a new star or get stars named after them, etc.

I mean, maybe this kind of stuff will never be added, and if there's nothing in it for me I'll just shrug it off and save my money for the next pack, not a big deal, but this is stuff that I"ve wanted for AGES and I think that it would fit really well in a star wars pack! Sure the main focus would be the outer space thing but if that can be ignored in the same way they've done lately with say Realm of Magic (Have that pack for build/cas and the forest world) but I just don't travel to the magic realm so I've never so much as seen someone holding a magic wand in my game) then I think it could be a really great addition for my human sims too :) Hope that makes sense.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    But then if it’s not a real icon, why don’t they say it. Like “calm down guys it’s just a joke” or something.
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    Meh. Haven't the last two Game Packs been Sci-Fi (Strangerville) and Fantasy (that magic pack)? I was hoping for something more down-to-earth.

If it's tied in with improvements to the aliens we already have (there's precedent with vampires being introduced in Late Night and "improved" in Supernatural, so those who don't have GTW could get them in the new pack) that would be a plus for quite a bit of the community. We've had "down to earth" in packs like Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out and Parenthood, so I'm willing to see what they have to offer in terms of the Space Race. B)

Of course, the other thing to consider is that The Sims was merely paying tribute to the Star Wars franchise in a bit of inter-company synergy, and this isn't actually a new pack icon at all. :/ (I still want improved aliens -- maybe not a full skill tree like spellcasters and vampires, but at least something better than what we've got.)

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I guess when you're really into a particular theme there can never be enough. I'm not really into fantacy/scifi unless it's the very last things the EA releases. But if you are a supernatural fan there isn't enough content. I am more into family game play but maybe if you're into single young adult part sims there's more then enough content. I do find it weird if they do a star wars theme. I just don't really like crossover stuff.

They could do a Star Wars inspired theme without it being a full on spinoff/crossover. The Sixam world could be like an outpost/way station for those who have GTW, then the new pack would be the actual homeworld.

I tend to go back and forth between themes; I currently have a save with a single male attending University; he's romancing the college librarian with the plan of marriage and family. B) But one of my other saves is my Simself as a spellcaster who married another spellcaster she met in the Magic Realm and is expecting their first child.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member

@MaggieMarley I can't talk numbers either but I remember a bigger amount of criticism surrounding Strangerville than any other game packs at the time.

Weird I missed that lol. I guess I was busy with uni at the time so I only really saw the hype when the pack was announced. Probably all the criticism came later on when I wasn't paying attention :D