Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We have lots of little pets...

Comments

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    We don't have a lot of little pets .Pets are something you can keep.So bird feeder, and aliens don't count.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Aliens are in basegame as well. You can collect them on a trip in a rocket ship.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    It would be nice if they updated all of these with needs and interactions. The Coolant and Rodents have them, would be cool if the others did as well. I feel bad for Frogs and Fish never getting to be fed, cleaned or socialized with, especially Frogs and other small pets that are given such small living spaces.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I just wish they would add more interactions for fish, frogs, insects and those aliens, interactions such as feed, play with and clean tank. Those three interactions alone would add actual “pet” like game play.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The only animal I really care to see return at this point is birds but if they're done as poorly as everything else with no animations and nothing to really do with them besides look at them I'd pass wont buy my second pet either. They should also completely redo fish tanks where are the nice salt water tanks with live rock.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited June 2020
    Well it's not about quantity it's about quality. List all the "pets" you want unless they have any interesting gameplay they don't count
    Post edited by SimmerGeorge on
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    i miss birds
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    I just wish they would add more interactions for fish, frogs, insects and those aliens, interactions such as feed, play with and clean tank. Those three interactions alone would add actual “pet” like game play.

Agreed. We can only look at them now so there is nothing really to do for the sim when it comes having a fish. Could have been a pet-rock instead, just saying. Cats, dogs, rodents, bees and insects at least require attention.

Don't know how likely it is that fishes will get actual minimal gameplay but I would like to be able to do something with them. Feeding them and cleaning the tank would go a long way to make them feel like living beings in the game.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited November 2020
    Well it's not about quantity it's about quality. List all the "pets" you want unless they have any interesting gameplay they don't count

That’s not true. Although I would love to see them update frogs, insects (from GF), and fish to where we can feed them, clean their cages and interact with them, and give us real birds along with bunnies, ferrets, reptiles, and farm animals we can interact with. I do have some sims keep frogs and insects as pets. I have one child sim in particular who wants to grow up to be a scientist or doctor, and likes his frogs and insects, just as other child sims love their video game cards. Would be great if there could be some interaction with them though.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    Yes would love to see more pets and would love to see them in CAS like we do with cats and dogs
    Those that we already have like bees fish etc they do need a upgrade on them hopefully one will be done
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Thanks for pointing it out. Might use it in the future.

I miss small pets from Sims3. Snakes, spiders, lizards, birds, ferret, bunnies, and other small animals would be great.

Want farm animals, but not horses with it as they don't produce farm products and will keep us from getting real farm animals and equipment. Horses should come in a castle EP with a carriage. Unicorns and Pegasus could be there too. Dragons would be nice in it.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Straight off, I'm not saying I don't want more developed pets. But we have a lot more animals than you think in the game...

5: The Bird-feeder: You can attract birds with it. They can delight, or anger your Sims.

@Loanet what birdfeeder?
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Aliens are animals?

@Chazzzy I had to reread that too. I think she means the dead animals you get on the space ship that aliens can bring back to life
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    Straight off, I'm not saying I don't want more developed pets. But we have a lot more animals than you think in the game...

5: The Bird-feeder: You can attract birds with it. They can delight, or anger your Sims.

@Loanet what birdfeeder?

There's a bird feeder that came with Backyard Stuff (I think, it was a stuff pack though).
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'd like some pet rocks again. Those cracked me up. :D
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    One of my sims treats his spherical streaming drone as his pet. Its name is "Ares" and I even made the little thing a tropical themed coat when its owner moved to Sulani. Quit without saving once when Ares got lost in San Myshuno.

It's both funny and sad that the little spitball has more character than actual animals. Wish they'd improve the fishtanks (and maybe the cowplant). I'd actually pay for an aquaristics themed SP.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited November 2020
    Snowy Escape has curious little mountain spirits hanging around to collect. I'm still not sure what's with these 'Simmies' yet but I love collections!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    edited November 2020
    Although I enjoyed the small animals that were collectible in TS3, particularly the variety, I really miss the pet birds from TS2. There were so many interactions, tons of options for different birds, and they were detailed in appearance and well designed.

ETA: as I recall, you could feed them (which looked much more detailed than the feeding interaction in TS3), talk to them, and I think even teach them to speak? I think there were actually a couple of other interactions as well. And they would sometimes get loose and fly around the room.
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    A lot of the pets we have in game are lacking in interactions imho (except dogs and cats of course). Birds that we could train would be cool. Pets should be more than just decoration, basically.

I just don't want snakes to return because I have a really bad phobia (I had to adblock the image somebody posted above) and would need to mod them out.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Many people want horses, I’d rather have more small pets....... maybe they could put some more small pets in a horse pack. I would like that.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Do Patchy and the talking toilets count as “pets?”
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Do Patchy and the talking toilets count as “pets?”

I think Patchy’s just a sim in a costume. This also applies to the Flower Bunny.

If the toilet is a pet, are the stuffed animals pets?
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Many people want horses, I’d rather have more small pets....... maybe they could put some more small pets in a horse pack. I would like that.

I would rather have a Woodland ect GP and have them put more into it. Rabbits, ferrets, hermit crabs, snakes, birds, pet rocks, squarrils, and roaming wild animals. Also updated aquariums, more fish, and more tanks including the huge aquarium Sims can get into from Sims1. A new world with an aquarium, aquarium job, suvenier shop, aquarium playground ect.

I'm not crazy about horses either. I played with small pets more. However, if they do a world with pegasuses and unicorns, then that would be neat.