Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will The Sims team finally free the babies in 2020?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I just want to be able to carry them around a bit.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    If they do it I want the babies to be better than they were in the other games kind of like toddlers are better
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I think babies might be coming because the Sims team said they wanted to work more on the rocking chairs in the future babies is one of the things you would work on the rocking chair for so it might have even been a hint
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Also there has been an odd bug with the laundry bag where it sticks to your Sims hand and I saw a let's play the other day where a Sim got her baby stuck 2 her hand maybe it's nothing but right before they released toddlers there was a bug where the babies couldn't age up so even bugs can be a clue to what's coming next in The Sims
  • Options
    simsteph21simsteph21 Posts: 13 New Member
    I’ve also noticed a couple of weird things lately when my sim gave birth. Firstly she was wearing a different hospital gown that I’ve never seen before and secondly there was a pink bassinet at the back of the hospital room. But my sim only gave birth to 1 baby that was put in the usual hospital crib. I’m assuming they’re making some changes to babies but who knows how long it’ll be until it’s released
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2020
    I wonder if they finally update babies. Babies in their current state are just objects, and with them adding clothing for babies, you would think that they have to update the babies (objects) in order to make them wear different clothing..

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I hope so....

UPDATE:

Well: the Answer is Nope.
    Hey guys, I just want to set expectations here - there are no updates for babies in BG coming with the SP Patch. The only new addition is being able to knit onesies and change the babies into them if you have the Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack. We have more than a dozen baby onesies and they are super cute! Hopefully we can share some screenshots of them in game soon.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17544053/#Comment_17544053
    Post edited by rudy8292 on
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I wonder if they finally update babies. Babies in their current state are just objects, and with them adding clothing for babies, you would think that they have to update the babies (objects) in order to make them wear different clothing..

UPDATE:
    Hey guys, I just want to set expectations here - there are no updates for babies in BG coming with the SP Patch. The only new addition is being able to knit onesies and change the babies into them if you have the Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack. We have more than a dozen baby onesies and they are super cute! Hopefully we can share some screenshots of them in game soon.

It’s not nope entirely though, it’s nope for this pack. This pack only adds the ability to change their clothes. Okay, but what if that’s just a first step? What if that’s possible without being super glitchy and then later they can do more? Even this little bit is a layer of gameplay that adds a bit more realism for family players.
  • Options
    GlitteringSkittlesGlitteringSkittles Posts: 38 Member

UPDATE:

Ah well. It's a shame though.
  • Options
    Just_PeachyJust_Peachy Posts: 50 Member
    It would be no small task to overhaul babies, and would probably require the same amount of work as a pack, but they can't very well release a Babies DLC ... can they? DLCs are supposed to expand on the game; base game should still have all the basics there.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Never :D
  • Options
    GlitteringSkittlesGlitteringSkittles Posts: 38 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Never :D

Yeah, I actually think they never will. And I guess I am okay with that. Hoping TS5 makes babies way better.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I actually think they're in the process of freeing babies. I know a lot of people wanted knitted baby clothes. So maybe while they are working on babies and they knew knitting would be released before the update so they decided to add an outfit for them in this pack. This could be a sign that at some point they plan on updating babies where you can edit them in CAS. That's at least what I'm hoping for.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member

UPDATE:

It’s not nope entirely though, it’s nope for this pack. This pack only adds the ability to change their clothes. Okay, but what if that’s just a first step? What if that’s possible without being super glitchy and then later they can do more? Even this little bit is a layer of gameplay that adds a bit more realism for family players.

Exactly! I’ve reread simgurusarahs comment several times and This is what I understand from it: baby update with base game patch before nifty knitting, not gonna happen.

But she doesn’t say anything about babies coming in a future GP, so there might be something to it!
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options

UPDATE:

Exactly! I’ve reread simgurusarahs comment several times and This is what I understand from it: baby update with base game patch before nifty knitting, not gonna happen.

But she doesn’t say anything about babies coming in a future GP, so there might be something to it!

and there's nothing saying they wont come in a later base game update
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    If they free the babies, then it should come with strollers and selectable mode similar to The Sims 3 but with emotions.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I hope it happens for all the people that wants. I just age babies up and recently even toddlers. Ive been finding it to be more fun to me to play from children on.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited June 2020
    I would love to see babies freed. And, if they free them I hope we can change their outfits ( with a changing table.), put them down on the floor, couch, bed, a blanket, swing, stroller, pram or crib. Have a toy that they can play with laying on their backs. We should be able to take them outside, feed them from the rocker, couch or chair. It would be nice if the could learn to crawl, but it is not necessary.to me, as long as we can hold them, place them, and take them with us places. Also how about some baby furniture ( some mentioned above), and some baby toys we can put on a shelf, dresser etc.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited July 2020
    I don't understand why the sims can't wear a baby carrier and go outside with their baby.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    How come in the old Sims 3 the babies were playable but not the present day Sims 4?
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    How come in the old Sims 3 the babies were playable but not the present day Sims 4?

You answered your own question. It's TS4....the most budget cut, half-baked game of the whole lot.

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    It's a good thing that Bill Gates didn't stop at WordPerfect because we wouldn't have Windows 10. It's too bad that the EA Maxis can't learn a thing or two about upgrading & advancing in the Sims 4 game. Does anyone remember what it was like before Google?