Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

• Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I will be honest I kept an open mind with this pack as it’s a new theme and although it’s not a theme that interests me I tried to give it a chance. For me this is the worst ep after get to work. The eco print of eco-industrial is awful even with cheating it reduces so quickly, the world is ok and the cas is the worst I have seen. Apart from the bb items and now I’ve had a bit of gameplay with naps they are the only good things about this pack. I got it as I was on a day off work and was bored. I wish I had listened to my gut instinct and got it on sale as i feel it is gamepack price. I know I said this on another thread how I feel about this pack is how a lot of other simmers feels about island living (which is one 2nd favourite ep) is very similar to how I feel about this pack.
  • Options
    janwearsbracesjanwearsbraces Posts: 53 Member
    Maybe someone else has already commented on this, but why do they have so many items in multiple slots when they're really just swatches of the same item? I can't click through the swatches; I have to go back to the already bloated inventory. (Much of the CAS & buy stuff from all the packs is just recoloring the same mesh from an earlier pack. Scroll, scroll, scroll...I really wish we could remove the items we don't like from our inventory.)

We could already build container homes, so the only thing new about that is the windows, doors and column (which you can't pull up).

The ladders--they look just like pool ladders (same mesh?). When are they going to give us spiral staircases?? Do they not have anyone who can animate the Sims to climb them? :s

There seems to be missing debug content, too.

What I do like is being able move windows and doors sideways and that was a patch, not part of the pack.

Spiral staircases please!
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    Apparently there are not trash layers in other worlds, and strangeville doesn’t have the eco footprint feature at all. Such a missed opportunity but who’s really surprised. You can’t use the voting board in other worlds, and to my knowledge the meat wall and bug cuisine can’t be added to restaurants. “Sighs” they never fail to disappoint, I just bought it for the new worlds.

So the voting board is only at evergreen harbor .That is a bummer.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,926 Member
    Apparently there are not trash layers in other worlds, and strangeville doesn’t have the eco footprint feature at all. Such a missed opportunity but who’s really surprised. You can’t use the voting board in other worlds, and to my knowledge the meat wall and bug cuisine can’t be added to restaurants. “Sighs” they never fail to disappoint, I just bought it for the new worlds.

So the voting board is only at evergreen harbor .That is a bummer.

No. It is only by default at the new world, in rest , yu have to place it yourself. You can place and use it at any world it is allowed.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    They can't add new pack items to previous pack or base game lots because most of us don't have the original layout anymore and if they add them to non lot spaces people would probably complain like they did with the spawned skating rinks.

I have added dumpsters to most of my community lots and I've placed some community spaces with voting boards too (though, you can add voting boards to any kind of community lot if you want to).

I haven't had much live mode playing yet, but i can see the eco footprint needs fixing as it switches far too fast and always to neutral.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,926 Member
    Yep, changes too fast and always to neutral.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Maybe someone else has already commented on this, but why do they have so many items in multiple slots when they're really just swatches of the same item? I can't click through the swatches; I have to go back to the already bloated inventory. (Much of the CAS & buy stuff from all the packs is just recoloring the same mesh from an earlier pack. Scroll, scroll, scroll...I really wish we could remove the items we don't like from our inventory.)

We could already build container homes, so the only thing new about that is the windows, doors and column (which you can't pull up).

The ladders--they look just like pool ladders (same mesh?). When are they going to give us spiral staircases?? Do they not have anyone who can animate the Sims to climb them? :s

There seems to be missing debug content, too.

What I do like is being able move windows and doors sideways and that was a patch, not part of the pack.

I hate the animation of them going up and down, it's SO stiff and robotic like.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

Yes you can vote in other worlds. You can vote at your mailbox or add the voting board to other lots in other worlds too.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    How quickly the eco footprint changes from green or industrial to neutral is my biggest complaint with this pack.
  • Options
    Rob_E_CoyoteRob_E_Coyote Posts: 51 Member
    Candle Making is so dull. There's a lot on the table, but all that happens is the sim pours wax into the mold and then.....stands around fidgeting and looking bored while the timer ticks, occasionally leaning forward and looking down the mold. It's not until Fabrication Skill 7!!!! that you get additonal animations, of carving the candle.
    Surely there could be more in the base of that, like maybe melting the wax in the little cauldron on the table, then pouring it into the mold, then some stuff like blowing on it to cool quicker or something.
    As it stands, I'm as bored as my sim looks when doing it.
  • Options
    kidlit59kidlit59 Posts: 28 Member
    This is definitely not the pack for me. Just not gameplay I'm interested in. There are a lot of bugs that are making gameplay frustrating and unenjoyable. One of the things I just realized and I'm not happy about is the fact that I worked hard to get all my Sims with the aspiration that allows Instant Upgrades to appliances and plumbing. But now I don't think I can use that feature or my sink will need bio fuel and the toilet could blow up from the compost. I could be wrong, but I think Instant Upgrade will apply the Eco Living upgrades too, which I don't want.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Candle Making is so dull. There's a lot on the table, but all that happens is the sim pours wax into the mold and then.....stands around fidgeting and looking bored while the timer ticks, occasionally leaning forward and looking down the mold. It's not until Fabrication Skill 7!!!! that you get additonal animations, of carving the candle.
    Surely there could be more in the base of that, like maybe melting the wax in the little cauldron on the table, then pouring it into the mold, then some stuff like blowing on it to cool quicker or something.

This! SO boring ;-;.
  • Options
    kidlit59kidlit59 Posts: 28 Member
    You can walk away and do other things while your juice is fizzing, so why didn't they make the Sim able to do other things while the candle is literally just hardening in the mold? Then you could come back and get it when it's done like you do with the juice.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    edited June 2020

Unfortunately, that’s about the gist of candle making in real life. I used to make candles a few years back. You melt the wax, add fragrance, pour into a mold or jar and then waaaaaait.
    I agree that sims shouldn’t stand there while waiting. They should be able to do other activities and return in a few sim hours after the wax has hardened. I don’t have the pack so I don’t know what’s all to it.

ETA: I should probably finish reading all the comments before posting next time. :#
    But yes, I agree with kidlit59
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    I haven't been able to get any Sims to use the ladders correctly, specifically the ones on the Greenburgs' lot. Has anyone else been having this issue? Knox has to wait until his moms have slept so he can sleep in their bed because he can't reach his. :neutral:
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I really wish they had made a second windmill object or solar panel object that looked less modern. I want these things because I've already been working on an off the grid world for some time now, but they just don't fit the style. Something made of wood or stone would be perfect. If the object does the exact same thing, why can't the look of it be changed.

Solor panels Less modern and made of wood ?
    You could always hide them in some way. Change the size to make them less noticeable .
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I really wish they had made a second windmill object or solar panel object that looked less modern. I want these things because I've already been working on an off the grid world for some time now, but they just don't fit the style. Something made of wood or stone would be perfect. If the object does the exact same thing, why can't the look of it be changed.

Solor panels Less modern and made of wood ?
    You could always hide them in some way. Change the size to make them less noticeable .

Yes, made of wood. IRL it wouldn’t make much sense but considering it’s The Sims I feel like it would be fine. The Sims makes a lot of crazy looking things that re-align expectations of what it should do — i.e. the cupcake machine. All I want is one little wooden windmill 😭
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    edited June 2020
    They can't add new pack items to previous pack or base game lots because most of us don't have the original layout anymore and if they add them to non lot spaces people would probably complain like they did with the spawned skating rinks.

I have added dumpsters to most of my community lots and I've placed some community spaces with voting boards too (though, you can add voting boards to any kind of community lot if you want to).

I haven't had much live mode playing yet, but i can see the eco footprint needs fixing as it switches far too fast and always to neutral.

Is this why skating rinks are around any longer? I actually liked that before I quit playing.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Are you able to make custom N.A.Ps? If you could id imagine it wouldve gotten a lot better feedback
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Are you able to make custom N.A.Ps? If you could id imagine it wouldve gotten a lot better feedback

No custom NAPS. You can control which of their pre-made NAPS are active at any time and you can choose up to 4.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

Custom NAPS would be a divine feature.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

Custom NAPS would be a divine feature.

Okay, modders, hear the voice of the people! :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    Enough. I've just had enough. I've just closed my game and promised to myself to not play it again until there's a big patch that fixes all this nonsense. I've never experienced this amount of bugs after installing an EP.

My sim just woke up to realize that most plants in the garden had de-evolved. I went to build/buy mode to change the bed and after going to play mode I discovered that many plants just went to the first growth state (planted), my inventory was almost gone and the neighbourhood went to neutral state again. It's impossible to play this way.

My game is completely broken. I can say that I payed 40€ just to break my game. I feel so angry right now that I need to relax and forget The Sims for a while.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    agree the game was been really buggy since the NEW update
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon