Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Fest Gift Exchange ~ DONE!

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @ciane
    Popular RC Pier has been checked and is good to go o:)

Making a second pier park that offers a variety of different activities is a neat idea!
    Am sure Gracey (and others!) will figure out a way to have both in-game!!
  • Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @Ciane That's awesome! Another one to admire borrow steal...Love it!
  • Options
    seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    edited June 2020
    @Ciane I'm glad you liked your gifts I tried to make a variety to suit many play styles and color palettes and I agree with yellow I don't mind it if it's not too bright or neonish like the one in my build
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

And what will you find in gift box No 6 today dear @LMC6255 ??? ....

The developers went for another modern look for the Pinochle Point neighbourhood. This time they built a 2 bedroom bungalow with a massive pool to make up for all the pool parties your sims get invited to with no pool in sight ;) .
    I'm afraid the designer completely forgot about adding pretty bathrooms ... so thank goodness for All-in-ones :p

r1DXoG3.jpg?1

Zl6ahLe.jpg?1

8ua38Lq.jpg?1

LY82pVA.jpg?1

Download Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9395553

P.S.: I very much hope you will have the energy to go on a final walk up the hill tomorrow :# ... as you may have guessed already ... there are 7 days of gifting and 7 lots at Pinochle Point :o ...

• Options
    As gifting is winding down, this seems like a good time to share what I've been doing during this event.
    I often gift a build and this time there will be one ... somewhere down the road.

Why the wait?
    It's thanks to @SamelaRita and her One Tomato Challenge, of course! lol

Ella has a long way to go before having a home of her own!
    ellad1pic2.jpg

For those interested, there are 10 chapters covering her first two weeks. That's right, ten.
    Tomato, Tomahto

Enjoy!
    <3
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

I am sooo sorry I never seem to be able to catch up with everybody's awesome creations ... I will try and get it done soon :)
    But for now and before I have to log off again I just wanted to thank you all for taking the time to post all those wonderful comments, everyone of them is most appreciated <3 x
  • Options
    @Hidehi
    Fairview has been checked and is good to go o:)

Fairview is fantastic! I think Lone Wolff Manor slid to 3rd spot since Valley View and Fairview are tied for 1st Place!!
    The playful pops of color in the kitchen and dining are fun but my favorite is the pool area. It looks so relaxing!
  • Options
    @ADWilson Well, Ella is making a determined attempt to create a life for herself! I'm impressed...by both her and your story!
    @Hidehi I like your latest Pinochle Point makeover. It's getting classier by the day :)
    @LMC6255 I've got all your gifts in game now (they look great in among everything else!), and started on a bit of story telling - then my game crashed on me! Phooey. Will try again tomorrow...
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @Hidehi - I love the friezes and the fence you used. The layout looks great and I love that you used those fun dining chairs. The white lounge is my fav room. (It's also fantastic that you concentrated on one area on Sunset Valley, so all the homes compliment each other.) Love that you did 7 days of gifting too!

Oh, a story, I LOVE a story and have only just started on my own. Ella is doing really well so far!
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @ciane
    I thought yesterday was the last one.So this came to an absolute surprise!
    And its so cute! As soon as my sim do their road trip I will get some photos
    Thank you for building all the lots I needed for a fun trip! Its so hard to find
    things like that.And I love them all!
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @Hidehi Thank you for spoiling me all week!! :)<3 I love, love, love Fairview! Actually, I love, love, love, every beautiful gift you have given me!! You have a gift for designing captivatingly beautiful builds! ;)

The elegant front gardens of Fairview gives this residence an overall serene feeling! The architecture and color scheme are simply lovely! You decorate with so much flair and imagination! I love the way you made a fun use of color in the dining room, by combining the style of the chairs with the wallpaper, pure genius!! ;) I also love how the pool and captivating outdoor kitchen provides my sims with the benefits of much needed fresh air (lately, I don't take fresh air for granted in real life), while enjoying their picturesque surrounding! All this makes me smile ear to ear!! :)

I don't only have the energy, I am also super excited and wait in anticipation for tomorrow's wonderful surprise!! Thank you, this is like Christmas everyday!! :)
  • Options
    aww you beet me to bloging about the one tomato challenge addy well if anyone wants to see the first week of my one tomato challenge here it is please be nice its my first time bloging on word press https://wordpress.com/customize/menus/seabensims.wordpress.com
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    edited June 2020
    Everyone's gifts are AMAZING maybe when my new computer comes in (which should be the day after my Birthday) which is June 17th, I can get Sims 3 to run better on my new system. In the meantime let me get to work giving some love and rec's to all!

OMG @ErnesaT it has been WAY to long! I hope live is treating you well! Send me a message, we should catch up!
  • Options
    That link doesn't work for me @seaben. It makes me enter my own info to customize my menus.
  • Options
  • Options
    Sorry about that I've never used word press before
  • Options
    seaben wrote: »
    Sorry about that I've never used word press before

That's okay, we're all beginners at one point. :)
    If you have any questions about Wordpress, feel free to send me a message. I'm not an expert but am happy to share what knowledge I have!
  • Options
    It's great seeing another perspective.
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @ciane:
    You made a roller coaster?!? I have never been good at making those in Sims 3. I always end up getting confused by the pieces and messing things up. And you made a SMALL one? That's even more amazing! I love the idea of the two piers having parts of an amusement park. So cool!

@Hidehi:
    Fairview. Ohmigawsh. Wait, that's only 30x30? It looks so big on the outside, that's hard to believe. I LOVE the design of it! And the light colors, with pops of bright colors, is both relaxing and invigorating. Not a style of home I normally use, but man, this one is gorgeous! I think I'm going to use it in spite of myself.

Addy: I haven't read your story yet, but just launched the page; will PM you to let you know what I think when I'm done. :)
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited June 2020
    @ciane Popular RC Pier is wonderful way to end the amazing journey through Route 66! I am really happy that you built a roller coaster venue that is not only scenic with lots to do, but also is smaller than the Boardwalk and takes advantage of the space in the water! For someone like me that has no clue how to put a roller coaster together, :'( this is a very welcomed venue in my own community builds library! ;) I know GraceyManor will have an amazing time with all of these lovely gifts, <3 even though a few of us might steal I meant borrow them.. :)

@LMC6255
    The Forgotten Refuge is a fitting end to your Art of Dilapidation series. It looks like it will be a really good tavern (maybe a dive bar) when it is done. Although it could be used as a dive bar now, to those who are REALLY down and out! I like the way you split the roof. Good idea for when a build would otherwise have just a long and boring single roof!
    @MiaSkywalker Thank you! Although, I have to confess I can't take full credit for the roof design since I did borrow the concept for the roof design from TSR Artist, Cyclone Sue, I got the idea from a build she did titled : Bridge Lane Small Chemical Depot.. Cyclone Sue is brilliant at creating builds that have that worn torn look.. I am now a huge fan of her work! I agree, The Forgotten Refuge would make a great dive bar..

@SamelaRita Oh No!! I am so sorry your game crashed!! I hate when that happens.. :(

@ADWilson I already have Tomato Tomahto bookmarked, I hope to read it later this week! ;)

@seaben very nice color choice for Coastal's exterior, lovely garden! I like the scenery you chose for Waterfall Fun! Nice house, Sims will never run out of things to do or learn!

Post edited by LMC6255 on
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @seaben
    You're blog looks lovely! Good job!
    I'm not good at setting up sites myself, but I love
    reading others.
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I'm here to spread some love <3 which is really easy because there's lots here to love.

Starting at the beginning of the list at front of the thread, @SamelaRita 's gifts for Bree come up first so that's my beginning point.

Darling little house you've made for the Neris for Monte Vista. I always love your garden areas, including this one, and like that you've put the wood-fired oven out there. Love the aquas in the bedroom, and the ground-floor "kennel" is perfect for Riccardo and Teresa. I chuckled at reading Teresa's perspective on things, and I have to say her "look irresistible" act worked on me :D but I'm always a sucker for dogs, problem ones and otherwise. Got the three downloads rec'd for you and think I'm going to have to play with this family sometime.

Ooh, another nice gift for Monte Vista. The teal accents you used for the Testarossa family home look really great with Monte Vista's colors. Love the cat - and his "staff" - and how you've written him, but I like how you write everything.

Yes, Max certainly is a handsome German Shepherd. Loved his story and perspective, too. The "technically, this is a human being" comment cracked me up. I hope everything works out with his enlarged family. I like that you've grouped the families and their homes together. Could be interesting to play them all if one is into switching households.

The Biondelli family home is very, very nice with a lovely courtyard. Lots more pretty colors in this one to love. Love the kitty - didn't pick up on a name - and that she has her eye on the ginger cat! haha Plans are made to be broken, yes? I can see LOTS of plans changing here. I'm sure Claudia will have a few meltdowns, but that's ok. ;)

Oh, I was almost forgetting the Simsversary gifts! The One Tomato Challenge sounds, well, really challenging! But interesting . . . I think I'll have to give it a whirl, but my sims are always such collectors. I'll really have to rearrange my thinking.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @seaben I can't believe Ella was so unlucky! And they say lightning never strikes twice...
    @suzses Thankyou for the lovely comments and encouragement! Yes, I did make them to be played together if people wanted to, but hope that they're fun enough to play separately as well. And you're right, Claudia needs her perfectly ordered world shaking up a bit. ;) Like your avatar, by the way...
  • Options
    Good morning @seaben . I'll start with your simsversary gift this time. I'm always impressed with anyone who can turn out a world and just plain gobsmacked when someone manages to do so during a gift exchange. I like that you've built it around the waterfall. I also like to fill up empty worlds myself so I'm glad you decided to share it this way. :)

I like the layout of your first tiny home for ciane, and it looks as though you've fit in a lot for the size.

Your black, white and red modern is very striking, both the architecture and how the colors work.

The Dreamers' have another nice little home (you're right that ciane really does enjoy those :) ). They're a cute couple. I've done the Fairy Tale Finder lifetime wish a couple times. It's challenging but very rewarding when your sim succeeds in adding a magical unicorn to the household. I predict Clay and Amanda will stay together and Clay will end up writing unicorn novels (and getting around to reading @ciane's comment a little later in the thread, I guess that's a good prediction :D ).

Dakota is a cutie. I'm sure she and a unicorn would become fast friends.

Your Coastal home is very nice. Love the teal (turquoise?) siding with the browns - looks great in the Fall in your pictures. Also love the warm living room.

Waterfall Fun is a great build. I always like using that lot, and I like that you built the house toward the back of the lot and the lovely landscaping that gives it some privacy. Nice architecture.

I hope you enjoyed your first gift exchange experience. :) These are always such fun.

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @SamelaRita Yes, I've been using that avatar since December. :) I liked how the lighting came out against the darkness, as well as the subject matter. I had some fun with those two and am not finished with them yet. I haven't played much lately, but they're still in the back of my mind and I plan to get back to them.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top