Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

• Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    logion wrote: »
    That was a great livestream, only thing I am worried about now is how well this will work in the game. He did use cheats to get some things working so I hope that the voting and the other stuff actually works. I was not a fan that the sims walked around with paper bags on their heads as well, another situational outfit.

But I am happy that I was wrong about a lot of things.

The paper bag thing I believe is part of the community action plan, so you can avoid it.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I'm too lazy to watch the whole stream, so is most things better than expected?
    it's actually a really well made stream - SimGuruGeorge is now my favorite guru. Worth a watch.

That look on his face when "not" revealing firefighters are totally a thing now was priceless
    caOGcbq.png
    Yeah that was fun, and what really stuck out to me was how much SimGuruGeorge enjoyed himself - he even had to stop himself from playing the game during stream. :D

Same. There have been streams where I just couldn't see them enjoying any of it. This was totally different.

Sorry btw if we're bringing too much positivity into this thread, I'll see myself out as well :D
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    it's actually a really well made stream - SimGuruGeorge is now my favorite guru. Worth a watch.

That look on his face when "not" revealing firefighters are totally a thing now was priceless
    caOGcbq.png
    Yeah that was fun, and what really stuck out to me was how much SimGuruGeorge enjoyed himself - he even had to stop himself from playing the game during stream. :D

Same. There have been streams where I just couldn't see them enjoying any of it. This was totally different.

Sorry btw if we're bringing too much positivity into this thread, I'll see myself out as well :D
    Haha I was just thinking that. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I‘m so glad we were wrong and this pack turned out to be good. With each gameplay feature they have asked themselves „how can we do this even better?“. Eco footprint different in each world - good. Eco footprint different in each neighborhood - better. Firefighters - good. Firefighters and the some floorings more likely to catch fire than others - better. They even thought about going back to older worlds that didn‘t have neighborhoods and changed that. They really pushed themselves with this one and it‘s great. I love SimGuruGeorge now btw.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited May 2020
    One tiny complaint I have for what I did see, well... it's actually a complaint for Sims 4 as a whole but relates to this pack.

I like that this pack adds 4 new traits, but most of them are kinda niche traits which means they are gonna take a big portion of your Sims' 'personality' for well... niche activities and stuff, which is kinda meh for this game. Which also means you'll get a lot of generated Sims who's main attributes are liking to recycle or liking trash.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    One tiny complaint I have for what I did see, well... it's actually a complaint for Sims 4 as a whole but relates to this pack.

I like that this pack adds 4 new traits, but most of them are kinda niche traits which means they are gonna take a big portion of your Sims' 'personality' for well... niche activities and stuff, which is kinda meh for this game. Which also means you'll get a lot of generated Sims who's main attributes are liking to recycle or liking trash.

Exactly. It occurred to me while watching him talk about the new traits that they are almost more like Whims and that's why they are so flat. They are very specific to an object or emotion or single activity and they don't even affect autonomy. I also really hate those pack-specific, niche traits. They just seem useless in the long run and end up going unused when I play normally. They are like an intro to activities in a new pack. Unnecessary.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

Exactly. It occurred to me while watching him talk about the new traits that they are almost more like Whims and that's why they are so flat. They are very specific to an object or emotion or single activity and they don't even affect autonomy. I also really hate those pack-specific, niche traits. They just seem useless in the long run and end up going unused when I play normally. They are like an intro to activities in a new pack. Unnecessary.

Yeah, TS4 seems just so confused about traits, aspirations and whims. They seem to think that they‘re the same thing.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

Exactly, this is why they need a personality overhaul..and make traits really count.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My only complaint is that toddlers and pets can't get up the stairs in any manner. They can't climb them and they can't be carried. I guess they'll have to teleport.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Ooooh look at all those houses that DON’T EXIST! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Those all could have been 20x15 lots 😭😭
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    My only complaint is that toddlers and pets can't get up the stairs in any manner. They can't climb them and they can't be carried. I guess they'll have to teleport.
    *ladders they can get up the stairs just fine 😊

• Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Ooooh look at all those houses that DON’T EXIST! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Those all could have been 20x15 lots 😭😭

I agree! Total missed opportunity.
  • Options

I honestly think they have a thing against 20x15 lots 😭😭

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member

I do wonder why they keep doing that, I'm sure a game developer could explain why they can't put many lots everywhere. It probably has something to do with the limitations of the engine, if there would be too many lots then maybe the game will start lagging.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

I do wonder why they keep doing that, I'm sure a game developer could explain why they can't put many lots everywhere. It probably has something to do with the limitations of the engine, if there would be too many lots then maybe the game will start lagging.

I am still hoping that they will eventually give us a neighbourhood editor and allow us to modify and add our own lots into those placeholder lots.
    On another note, is anyone curious how they build the smaller apartment buildings? They don't look like shell buildings, look more like regular building tools were used. Do you guys think we'll be able to build our own apartments?
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member

I think that's the one main thing I'm disappointed about. It was especially obvious in Conifer Station, that one house lot on the cute street, surrounded by FX houses. They should have been little 20 x 15 lots, so that my sim living there could have close by neighbors and they'd have block parties. :disappointed:
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

I am still hoping that they will eventually give us a neighbourhood editor and allow us to modify and add our own lots into those placeholder lots.
    On another note, is anyone curious how they build the smaller apartment buildings? They don't look like shell buildings, look more like regular building tools were used. Do you guys think we'll be able to build our own apartments?

I’m hoping someone will look into the coding To see if they can be replicated.

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

I think that's the one main thing I'm disappointed about. It was especially obvious in Conifer Station, that one house lot on the cute street, surrounded by FX houses. They should have been little 20 x 15 lots, so that my sim living there could have close by neighbors and they'd have block parties. :disappointed:

I would have loved to make a little shopping street there, especially with the train station promenade nearby, would have been lovely.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited May 2020
    Never mind the facon. I'd rather they'd put in Soylent Green. Now THAT'S eco living. >:)

I'm sure a moder will do that @LiELF

If I buy this pack, I know how Knox will disappear... >:)

The pre-patch looks like it will be awesome.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

I don‘t think so else they would habe said it in the livestream but maybe they‘re planning it for the future?
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

caOGcbq.png

I knowwwww this moment was so precious 😭😭😭 you could see the passion and fun he was having.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Yea I agree. I'm desperately waiting for traits like over protective, shy, brave, coward, daredevil or extremist, faithful.... stuff like that.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    adele_katadele_kat Posts: 130 Member
    Why are all items so modern? I only play medieval vampires and for them there is nothing in this pack but candles. Why didn't they add a well to get water from there? This EP is cool and interesting but I will not buy it (unfortunately), because all the items are too modern and do not fit my medieval castles.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

caOGcbq.png

I knowwwww this moment was so precious 😭😭😭 you could see the passion and fun he was having.

When SGJill told him to zoom in and what was going on and he laughed and said nothing was going on lmao 😂