Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Evergreen Harbor: Clean or dirty?

Comments

• Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Dirty!
    I'm hoping there's a cheat to make it clean in the beginning but then it gradually gets dirtier and more polluted over time - for storytelling purposes
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Dirty!
    Dirty in my mainsave for sure!
    might try to clean it up in another save if I feel like it....but I just love the polluted kinda industrial look.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Other (please explain)
    I will clean it at least once to see what it's like but mostly dirty. I hope it's dynamic and can regress if your sims stop caring.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Dirty!
    Dirty at least I would be able to make a story from it. I have a nature type world with glimmerbrook and can add the eco stuff to that world and others. It’s getting boring having shiny pretty worlds all the time so the contrast of it being dirty and smoggy will give a different vibe and stories to tell. Plus a lot of grungy stuff came with city living and strangerville so i can put those bb items to use.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Dirty!
    I have waited years for a world like this. I want to keep it dirty. I have tried several times to simply make a run down home and its impossible for me to do that in my game. Everything is so nice and pretty. Where is the torn, ripped furniture, toilets with duct tape or cracks on them, etc? I hope the live stream shows some awesome run down items.
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    Clean!
    I'm going to clean it up because I want to do the gameplay. Might let it get dirty again though. Depends on how much I like each state.
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    Dirty!
    The town when clean is ugly. But not a useful ugly. The town when dirty is also ugly, in fact even uglier than the clean world. Thing is it is ugly in a way that makes it ideal for certain stories. It is so far from ideal that it is a useful add to the game. The clean version is an eyesore but not usefully so. Only issue is can I leave this dump out a town apocalyptically dirty without dumping on the rest of the world's. After fixing it once, I doubt I will ever need this to be anything but a toxic waste of a city.
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    Dirty!
    I'm here for the apocalypse as well. I'll probably try cleaning it up in a new save first to see how that works, though. And some good points have been raised here: the aurora borealis and the possibility of constant negative moodlets. So we'll see. But mostly, yeah, I'd like to have an awful place that my sims sometimes have to go to for some reason.
  • Options
    rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    Other (please explain)
    IF I were to get the pack at some point, I'd probably leave the world dirty during a couple of generations (after having moved a legacy sim into the neighbourhood) and then later have a group of young sims come up with a project to make the world a better place.

I hope the world can get dirty again tough. So there could be a generation that <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 everything up o:)
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Other (please explain)
    Both!

If I get it (let’s see the livestream and gameplay), I would have it cleaned up for suburban sims in one save. Then I want a whole seperate save to have a survival/apocalyptic/zombie legacy story going on.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Dirty!
    I sort of like that apocalyptic feeling :).
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Dirty!
    When I get this, and I know eventually I will just not at first, I think I'd rather have the dirty run down stuff for the most part. Trashy, post apocalyptic vibes work for me.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Other (please explain)
    I want to experience/enjoy both. If Evergreen comes grungy first, I will leave it that way for a good while until I eventually find that perfect sim who wants to make changes to that world. I mean come on, all the other worlds are all sunshine and rainbows! It'll be nice to see something different. But I do hope we can pick and choose what worlds we want dirty as @LiELF mentioned in another thread.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Clean!
    I will clean it up so that it is sparkling and beautiful because that is just more of my style. Other people can do whatever they want. Lol.

I like exploring beautiful and immersive worlds. Turning the city from a post-industrial ruin into something better would be something that I would do if/when I get this pack. I would be interested in seeing how the community develops together.

I've got an established rotation so I'll make any decisions based on what is going in my game. Recently, I've been playing in Oasis Springs and StrangerVille but I have houses in the various worlds.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Other (please explain)
    I want neutral & option button in the menu.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Dirty!
    Leaving it DIRTY!

All we ever had was clean towns and cities - even after City Living introduced graffiti! It's time for a proper way to do a setting for homeless and runaway teen story telling games!

Nothing like a smoggy city :mask: to see just how hard your runaway Sims lives will be and if they'll be able to make it in life!

*cough*
    *cough*
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    edited May 2020
    Dirty!
    I want to see how dirty it can get and then maybe try to improve it. Low as it can go and then bring it back. I hear it is going to roll over to other towns. Can't wait to see the livestream! I am glad to hear that we have options! I salute this! Makes me think of Fallout.

Edit: I forgot to vote before I posted. oops!
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    edited May 2020
    Dirty!
    I planned on leaving it dirty because I liked the grungy look. Now that we know pollution affects all the worlds I wonder if they all get cleaned up at the same time. If it's world by world then I'm leaving it dirty but if it's all the worlds at once that get cleaned up I guess it will get cleaned up as well.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Dirty!
    it's the only filthy world and i'm keeping it that way. so bored with the utopia vibes throughout the game.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    edited May 2020
    Dirty!
    Why is everyone talking about one clean save and one dirty save? Will pollution affect every world the same? I want San Myshuno to be dirty but Brindleton Bay to be clean. Won‘t this possible in the same save?

Edit: Oh, this thread is about one specific world. It makes sense that it can‘t be clean and dirty at the same time.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Dirty!
    Thank you for making the poll. I was afraid no one would answer if I asked this question. I was curious to know. Dirty! because finally a chance to play Silent Hill in The Sims. lol TS4 is too happy, too clean, too bright, too pretty. I love grunge in my games, where I have a lot of FO, COD, SH, etc. games stuff in my games. TS4 needs some dirt, grunge and bad times.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Why is everyone talking about one clean save and one dirty save? Will pollution affect every world the same? I want San Myshuno to be dirty but Brindleton Bay to be clean. Won‘t this possible in the same save?

Edit: Oh, this thread is about one specific world. It makes sense that it can‘t be clean and dirty at the same time.

Yeah, I made this poll before it was revealed that other worlds could be polluted too. Knowing TS4, I assumed it was only going to be the new world again. But I don't know if everything we do will affect all the worlds simultaneously, or if each has its own pollution meter; I think we'll have to wait for the gameplay livestream to find out.
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    Dirty!
    slummy part of a city i'm in
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Dirty!
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I want it dirty full of crime and poverty! That should give my sims some challenge.
    If crime was an actual feature I'd instantly buy this pack though robbing would probably use the hugging animation.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Dirty!
    Dirty. Otherwise, it's a standard world and there isn't anything too special about it. Every other world is perfect, and environmentally great. This world actually has some problems, which gives it some quirkiness.
    Proud simmer