Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'd Like An Answer Once And For All

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
Can someone explain to me the purpose of Luxury Party Stuff. I don't understand the theme of it. I don't understand the items that came in it. I've used the drink thing once or twice but that is about it. And it is hands down the one pack from this iteration that I 100% wish I had never purchased.

I just don't get it.

Can someone who also purchased this pack tell me what you love about it? Does anyone love this pack? I never hear people talk about it up here or anywhere else. Has it just gotten lost in the sea of packs over the years?
Post edited by Chazzzy on

Comments

• Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    The main feature was the banquet table and the chocolate fountain. I don't regret buying it. Amazing CAS items I use all the time. Also use the build buy items alot too.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I use the over-the-top clothes for over-the-top Sims. The makeup is useful for the Party category too. Lots of sparkles and glitter without dealing with CC, which is mostly alpha in that kind of stuff.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    It's still at the bottom of my list of SPs, but if I ever get into playing a Celebrity for real (and not just running test saves), I'll use it to host extravagant/wild parties that I'll try to end in scandal. :D>:)
    This pack really could've fit in Get Famous.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited May 2020
    Well, look at the date - that was quite an early Stuff Pack.

I'd say it was simply a "fill in some gaps" pack when the base game was still fairly bare bones. The main thing it brought was re-introducing the buffet table, which personally I had seldom used in TS3 but which some players depend upon for easy entertainment.

The fondue set was something new, along these same lines of home entertaining. Fondue is pretty fancy, though, so, having that, introducing more dressy, high-end CAS assets became part of the theme as well.

Personally, it isn't a pack I feel a great need for - my richest Sims are my least stuffy, and if I am going to have them lay out a buffet, it will all be dishes my retired Celebrity Chef creates specifically for the occasion and for the particular guests hosted (no Trout Menuiere for the Child of the Ocean Sims, it's poor form, etc).

But the theme is there in the name - it's for having more lavish entertainments more easily, for Sims (or Simmers) who care for such things. Fondue or fondon't - it's your $10.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Luxury Party has very beautiful hairstyles, clothing, jewelry & make-up. It also has pretty tables & chairs. Plus, the cool little fountain for beverages & treats.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I bought it some time ago and I actually love the CAS, the dresses are super beautiful. I bought it for the buffet table though, to have on wedding venues, but haven't used it much.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I got it partially for completionist sake, partially for the CAS items. I don't really track how often I use them, though. Unless I'm looking for something I know is in a particular pack, I don't pay a lot of attention to which pack something came from.
  • Options
    KpoiKpoi Posts: 32 Member
    I got it for the chocolate fountain but I haven't even used it really! The clothing is quite pretty, however.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited May 2020
    i don't question that pack at all because it was the first one, they were clearly just trying to figure out where they were gonna go dlc wise. its just, whatever at this point.

i use the stuff inside once in a while.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Well, it is the first stuff pack...
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I didn't buy it on release I actually waited for a while before getting it. I bought it sort of on a whim. I use the CAS items a lot, especially the shoes with the gold part down the center. The buffet table is pretty nice for family gatherings such as birthday parties, etc. I actually use that pack way more than I thought I would. I mean, I probably don't use it as much as I use other stuff packs but I do use it.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me the purpose of Luxury Party Stuff. I don't understand the theme of it. I don't understand the items that came in it. I've used the drink thing once or twice but that is about it. And it is hands down the one pack from this iteration that I 100% wish I had never purchased.

I just don't get it.

Can someone who also purchased this pack tell me what you love about it? Does anyone love this pack? I never hear people talk about it up here or anywhere else. Has it just gotten lost in the sea of packs over the years?

The theme is: "throw a luxury party".
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I bought it on sale for the clothes and hair. To be honest, I buy a lot of packs during discounts for the clothing... :D
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I just don't get it.

The theme is: "throw a luxury party".

That reply deserves a gold medal :D

I don't regret buying it either. I often use objects or CAS items from it.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I use the drink fountain quite a bit, probably also CAS. Don't really notice what packs I'm using on sims or when I'm building, unless I'm looking for a spesific item, and know what pack it came from.

TBH I never let my sims throw parties, never have really. I just like to have a variety of styles, for building and sims.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    For the rich, overly glamorous Sims, I guess. :lol: I quite like the pack, actually. I mostly use the stuff for my celebrity Sims. The fondue fountain is quite a nice touch if I'm honest, but that's just me.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I only reason I own it is because it came in a bundle with another pack I did want. But I forget about it all the time and rarely use the stuff that came with it. Not my type of pack.
  • Options
    Unnamed_SunUnnamed_Sun Posts: 16 Member
    I tend to use it quite often - mostly to decorate the houses (or rather, the maisons) of the more wealth-minded sims.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I can't say I every use anything from the pack. I did get it on sale for $2.50 though, and my 7 year old likes the CAS.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I like some of the CAS but I’ve not used the items in a really long time. It’s not my favorite stuff pack for sure. Not my least favorite but it’s down the list.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I love this pack. I use the banquet table and fountain a lot in the households of my well-off sims. And there are a few dresses, makeup and accessories that I enjoy. I also like the buff you get when you host a party with a fountain on the lot. It's something like, "Now this is a fancy party." The light curtains are nice too (well tbh I don't remember if those came with LP).
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I don't use cc so I got it for shoes and hair. The make up works for supernatural Sims too. For me, the point of stuff packs is the stuff.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't have luxury parties but I LOVE the refillable table haha! $250 simoleans to fill the full thing with 6 meals 8 servings each in an instant... great when you have families with loads of toddlers like I do who can help themselves from the table haha!
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I have the banquet table and drink fountain in my wedding venue. It seems nice for that, especially when the hired cook is completely useless.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    It's to throw a fancy party. Could be very nice for weddings as well, I'd imagine.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif