Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'd Like An Answer Once And For All

Comments

• Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    For more formal occasions. I added some of it to the park/wedding venue in San Myshuno., especially the fountain.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Yeah, it’s mainly formal occasions in my games too. Mainly weddings and fancy parties but once I finish the school, I’ll use it for prom too.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I can't say I every use anything from the pack. I did get it on sale for $2.50 though, and my 7 year old likes the CAS.

For $2.50?? :o

I think I paid $7 at the most lol
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    It's to throw a fancy party. Could be very nice for weddings as well, I'd imagine.

My Sims don't throw parties or have weddings, so that's probably the problem lol I was probably just excited for new content when I bought it
  • Options
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Well, it is the first stuff pack...

That says a lot
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I have a prom venue with most of the items from the pack and it's also useful for my other banquet halls. I don't think I've ever not used something from a pack.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It's an older pack now so .. probably less useful overall, but I do still use the banquet tables regularly. They are really nice for setting near the table in richer house as you can use all the slots. If you have the fresh chef trait you need a place to set out all that food! Also I like to use the metal ones for science labs again because you can slot more things into those areas.
    I don't have weddings and stuff so don't usually use the fountains... but will if I feel they will complete a look or need.
    I believe it came with new drinks also.. although I haven't looked it up to post this though but I'm pretty sure.
    I did finally get some use out of the 2 ugly men's suits... my Zoolander celebrity guys love them. I know there's some actual clothes, shoes and hair I like but have to say these things get much better as time went on for packs.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    Yeah, the banquet table has been useful. And I love the CAS, though I'm also not sure how often I use it.
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I bought it because it was new stuff and I wanted new stuff.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I have used it only once and very recently at a wedding. But then i don't do formal weddings very often. But i can see the potential, i just forget constantly about it. I had a fancy dinner/expo in my very talented sims's home to show off her paintings to the community and i could have use the banquet table...
  • Options
    BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    I am actually a bit surprised how much I use some of the items from Luxury Party Stuff. I don't see them being used together, but individually there are some great items. The banquet table is extremely useful. The ottoman is actually really nice and fits well into a variety of build styles. The dining chairs suit wedding venues perfectly. There are also quite a few nice CAS assets, particularly quite a few hairs.

Even the Boom Cube, which is an odd item for sure, finds a place in my game. I recently built a nightclub (uploaded to the gallery under my username BK747 called "Red Carpet Nightclub") and the boom cubes are the star of that build in my opinion. Obviously not something I would use in a residential build but they create the perfect atmosphere for a nightclub environment!
  • Options
    akaniki0 wrote: »
    I bought it because it was new stuff and I wanted new stuff.

Fair
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I don't have luxury parties but I LOVE the refillable table haha! $250 simoleans to fill the full thing with 6 meals 8 servings each in an instant... great when you have families with loads of toddlers like I do who can help themselves from the table haha!

This. Add the drinks fountain to it and sims can be fed for days. No cooking involved.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I used to use a modded version of the buffet and the fountain that made a giant difference for me in my game, but I'm not sure if it's ever getting updated, which is a shame. Was great to have on wedding venues for example.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    edited May 2020
    If your Sim is not a good cook and has cheap appliances you can use the buffet for one group meal and put the leftovers in the fridge. It gets rid of negative buffs that come from a low quality meal. This is more apparent depending what traits your Sims have. I usually skip the cheap appliances and furnish the house on budget with the buffet instead.
    I used the buffet a lot when my Sim had triplets plus 3 other kids. I am glad I have it.
    Also, if I think the Black and White party came with it. (maybe wrong) The cake is cool. Black and White partiers are fun. If your doing the food aspiration you have to throw a dinner party plus you need to serve 3 gourmet dishes at a single event. I usually do one dinner party and one Black and White party.

EDIT: There are buffs kids can get from the fountain and it can be messed with by mischievous Sims. I don't remember details.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited May 2020
    @Chazzzy Apparently a chocolate fountain and strawberries, hair-styles and funky cloths, jewelry and makeup, and table block things. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJHuEbQA3gc
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Omg I love that buffet table!! I always use it for dinner parties or holidays or big family dinners. I added it at a work lot once so I could have a pretend pot luck with my coworkers over the holiday. :smiley:

I completely forgot there was a chocolate or drink fountain though, I'll have to check that out next time.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited May 2020
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    @Chazzzy Apparently a chocolate fountain and strawberries, hair-styles and funky cloths, jewelry and makeup, and table block things. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJHuEbQA3gc

Watching that video remined of the jewellery and the shoes. Just like the dresses these are really great quality and get a lot of use. With this pack it's really about the little things. Also thanks to this discussion I remembered to and add the buffet table to some of my venues, so assuming that will be used a little more from now on.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited May 2020
    I don't own it buy the Buy Mode stuff looks like it would be especially good for weddings, especially the buffet table and chairs.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I kind of agree, since I am bot motivated much by more primping options (hair, makeup, clothing, and accessories are just a big boring rimesuck to me) and already have more chairs than I like to sift through.

I just got it for whatever
    new kind of party it includes and the buffet table, because in my Sims story, Caleb has a culinary career and will be owning a restaurant, and will want to be able to throw his own celebration party for certain events, where his food is featured well.

A lot of packs don't seem worth 10 bucks. I could live in a universe where bowling just doesn't exist and do can my sims; movie night? there are better huge-screen tv options with clearer pictures already in the game, so it looks like I would be buying it just for the joy of a popcorn bowl (and yet another space-hog countertop appliance?!) I make popcorn in a big glass bowl with a plate on top, in the microwave, no appliance or special thing to buy, needed. Just popcorn kernels and a glass bowl. Works with and without oil.

If stuff packs were 5 instead of 10, I would get them all just because, and not deem this one or that one a bad bargain. But they seem to exist mainly for adding new primping options and I don't care to spend my time in real life with that (it's both a chore and a bore) and hate spending loads of time in cas. And if I did want new hairstyles and more realistic clothing, that's almost the entirety of cc in thedimsresource so I don't need to spend money to get it.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited May 2020
    I love the glowing furniture from the pack and the happy colors. I love the fountain. It looks so cute when especially kids grab a chocolate-covered strawberry or a caramelized apple. The blue futuristic punch looks cool. The buffet table is very useful when playing with toddlers, as they can just grab their food. It's also a lot easier to complete goals in party challenges. I just love it :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I just think a lot of Stuff Packs were released before they figured it out that "main feature" thing they got going on now. Compare Tiny Living to most of the early ones... Its a joke. haha And, as far as I can see Nifty Knitting seems to be the peak of SP quality. It has a bunch of new objects, a new skill, rocking chairs and a new online store feature. I hope all of the next SP continue this route.
    My dream SP would be one that focuses on adding an entire house of objects with 2 or more themes to it. And I mean the ENTIRE house... Kitchen, bathroom, bedroom. living room, TV room, etc... hehe would be amazing. The only problem is that I don't see what the new feature would be.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I play stinking rich Sims and I have them throw posh parties, particularly wedding receptions. I enjoy having the fountain to add to the fancy atmosphere.

If you look to screen left, on the patio you'll see the fountain in use. :)

7UzWonT.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    I play stinking rich Sims and I have them throw posh parties, particularly wedding receptions. I enjoy having the fountain to add to the fancy atmosphere.

If you look to screen left, on the patio you'll see the fountain in use. :)

7UzWonT.jpg

What dress is she wearing?
  • Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    I just think a lot of Stuff Packs were released before they figured it out that "main feature" thing they got going on now. Compare Tiny Living to most of the early ones... Its a joke. haha And, as far as I can see Nifty Knitting seems to be the peak of SP quality. It has a bunch of new objects, a new skill, rocking chairs and a new online store feature. I hope all of the next SP continue this route.
    My dream SP would be one that focuses on adding an entire house of objects with 2 or more themes to it. And I mean the ENTIRE house... Kitchen, bathroom, bedroom. living room, TV room, etc... hehe would be amazing. The only problem is that I don't see what the new feature would be.

Real estate? Maybe you could sell that nicely furnished home and sims could own several properties. Or an interior designer career, like there was in TS3. I'd love more furniture as well. I tend to use the same things over and over again, even though I do have all the packs. Some designs are just not versatile enough.