Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• Options
    evelewisevelewis Posts: 17 Member
    > @evelewis said:
    > As an avid simmer who is always too anxious and buys it day of release - this is genuinely the first time I've thought, "yeah...I'll wait for the sale." Many things intrigue me, and I love eco-living and self-sustainability personally, however this seems like it could have been a stuff pack. And honestly they've had us waiting so long without information, updates, or even any real look our way - so like what's another month?

Correction - I meant game pack, not stuff pack
  • Options
    Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    So, will we see dead birds fall from the sky? Wind turbines kill birds.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited May 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    "This should be a game pack not an expansion"
    "We wanted ______ pack instead"
    "Nobody wanted this"
    "This shouldve been in ________ pack"

Sound familiar? These comments are all from the Get Together announcement trailer, Get Together is now a fan favorite. Wait until we know more before judging
    I mean, aside from the first quote, we all said the same things about StrangerVille. And look how that pack turned out.

There's also a difference between Get Together and Eco Lifestyle. Clubs ended up expanding the entire game with the club system. Unless pollution affects all worlds (which would actually make me like the pack), it won't have nearly the same impact. Even if it does, it's not nearly as flexible and usable as clubs.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Hallie22 wrote: »

As can solar panels.
  • Options
    nvisagienvisagie Posts: 1 New Member
    > @aiex said:
    > I'm personally not excited for it. I feel as though this could've easily been a GP or an SP.. seems like a waste of an EP.
    >
    > Very lackluster looking gameplay as well.. I am highly disappointed.

I agree with you completely! For an EP you sort of expect a major change, but all the stuff they have in this pack can be downloaded via mods for FREE!

I have Solar Panels from Sigma1202 that works and it gives me a solar water geyser as well. Then I also have the Toilet Sink Combo Set from DB Antique that gives you a small toilet and sink combo in one tile! All this for free.

I do not mind spending money on my favorite game, but I have to be careful how I spend as I live in a country where my local currency is 20 times lower than the USD. I can therefore not go out an just buy what I want and that is why making this addon an EP is such a slap in the face! The EA name is not that great in the gaming world, especially after that abomination they call Fallout 76 where you have to pay for expansion packs to fix the bugs in the game! Now it seems that it has moved to the sims as well... I was actually hoping it will bypass the sims, but it seems not...
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    "Nobody wanted this"

Sound familiar? These comments are all from the Get Together announcement trailer, Get Together is now a fan favorite. Wait until we know more before judging

Lol, isn't that what gets said after every pack announcement?
  • Options
    Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    nvisagie wrote: »
    > @aiex said:
    > I'm personally not excited for it. I feel as though this could've easily been a GP or an SP.. seems like a waste of an EP.
    >

I agree with you completely! For an EP you sort of expect a major change, but all the stuff they have in this pack can be downloaded via mods for FREE!

I have Solar Panels from Sigma1202 that works and it gives me a solar water geyser as well. Then I also have the Toilet Sink Combo Set from DB Antique that gives you a small toilet and sink combo in one tile! All this for free.

I do not mind spending money on my favorite game, but I have to be careful how I spend as I live in a country where my local currency is 20 times lower than the USD. I can therefore not go out an just buy what I want and that is why making this addon an EP is such a slap in the face! The EA name is not that great in the gaming world, especially after that abomination they call Fallout 76 where you have to pay for expansion packs to fix the bugs in the game! Now it seems that it has moved to the sims as well... I was actually hoping it will bypass the sims, but it seems not...

No it doesn't bypass the sims. The addons aren't complete. They just put something in another pack, that should have been in a different pack. For example: Why isn't there a singing skill in Get Famous? You would expect it there, because then your sim could be a famous pop-star. But it's in City living. So they force your hand to buy the next pack. It's not a cheap game. So I guess my sims will just have to do without the singing skill.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Hallie22 wrote: »

Or sims getting nausea from the low-frequency vibrations that wind turbines generate? That would be an interesting addition.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    aiex wrote: »
    I'm personally not excited for it. I feel as though this could've easily been a GP or an SP.. seems like a waste of an EP.

Very lackluster looking gameplay as well.. I am highly disappointed.
    I fully agree. None of the CAS and BB objects have caught my interest either. Of course I'll wait for more information until I make a final decision, but so far it seems like I'll rather spend the money on something else. :grimace:
    Well. lol I was pretty disappointed two days ago, but the more I read about this EP, the more it grew on me. I can only recommend checking out (and bookmarking) @luthienrising's Eco Lifestyle SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info thread if you're as unsure as I am whenever a new pack comes out.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    XMachiaXXMachiaX Posts: 122 Member
    edited May 2020
    Nice idea, but only if it affects all worlds (except vacation worlds).
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I watched the trailer twice and I still don’t really understand the concept of this pack.

However, if where I live is still on lockdown and I’m bored out of my mind June 5 then I’ll probably buy it anyway heavily discounted.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    "Nobody wanted this"

I mean, aside from the first quote, we all said the same things about StrangerVille. And look how that pack turned out.

There's also a difference between Get Together and Eco Lifestyle. Clubs ended up expanding the entire game with the club system. Unless pollution affects all worlds (which would actually make me like the pack), it won't have nearly the same impact. Even if it does, it's not nearly as flexible and usable as clubs.

SAME!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Bluelle wrote: »
    Is this some kind of out-of-season April fool's joke?

(I know this quote is from some kind of game event in real life, not trying to claim this as my original quote, just thought it would fit well here haha)

I thought the same thing when I saw the trailer the first time lol :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    So far I'm loving the game, I can't wait to get it.
    new.png
  • Options
    Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    I feel like the pack might be nice, but so far the trailer showed nothing but recycled content. Sorry ¯\_( ͡¬  ͟ʖ ͡¬)_/¯
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    What I like so far:

- the polluted worldstate, I love that it looks apocalyptic, I will probly keep it that way and embrace the trashy living. We got enough picture perfect worlds already...also it may be the perfect place for my mad scientist to live.

- that said, I like that there are new things to do like candlemaking and I am looking forward for more info on the new additions to gardening and other green stuff (which I will use in other worlds)

- TRASHCONTAINERS! You know the BIG ones, not the small bins, it maybe weird to some but I've been missing those for a while and am honestly more happy about them than the ladders...

- community centers/projects, the idea sounds good to me and the fact that they will be placeable in other worlds, I was missing something like a community garden and stuff, I am interested to see how it will actually work and what kind of projects we can choose from

- more techi stuff! my tech sims will be very happy!

- possibly Sims being able to get drunk from homemade juice (?)

- insect hotels, not the animals I was wishing for, but still I like it and it would go very well with the bees and the insect collectibles, I can see it also being nice for my alchemist sim (a spellcaster who focuses on potions and herbalism)

Honestly the only thing I don't like so far is that it did not add any new pets/animals, which was the main reason I ever wanted a farm pack.
    Still not the most interesting theme to me, but I can see potential and I am looking forward to more information.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    Frostrazor1334Frostrazor1334 Posts: 41 Member
    Obviously i want the franchise to endure and so i wish the best. I however am not impressed with this one and will take a pass especially as a big expansion pack. Hopefully there's enough Simmers that find this their cup of tea to make it successful. I've enjoy most or all previous EPs so i guess i will look forward to the next one.
  • Options
    911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
    This will be released on my 59th birthday... Judging on the majority of responses, it sounds like It won't be much of a birthday gift! :(
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,876 Member
    This will be released on my 59th birthday... Judging on the majority of responses, it sounds like It won't be much of a birthday gift! :(

But you can't judge it based on someone else's reaction to it. Hopefully after we get more information you'll discover that it'll make a wonderful birthday gift! :)
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    bluzkat65 wrote: »
    Candle crafting looks nice along with baby chickens.

Sorry but those aren't baby chicks! I thought the same thing at first but it's an insect farm with varying bugs that can live there!
  • Options
    MochazinoMochazino Posts: 2 New Member
    Honestly I'm a little on the fence with this pack. It does have some cool ideas but seeing that this is an expansion pack i was expecting a bit more than what looks like using already done themes from other packs. Like don't get me wrong, i like the idea that your actions effect the town but if this is only solely exclusive to the one map ( which it most likely happen) then I'll be disappointed cause then it could've easily stayed as a game pack then.

Also, if the one main highlight of a new pack is just the additions of ladders.... and the pack is going to be $40.... then thats a little sad. Personally I feel that some stuff from island living like living off the grid and some of tiny home could've been saved for this pack.
    I think. we just need to wait and see more of the game play stuff to be released cause I'm genuinely curious to see what else this pack has to offer, cause if its literally the little bit we saw in the trailer then thats a bit sad 😔
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Hmm lets see I am currently really into Eco kinda gameplay. But a whole EP for it I wonder if its really worth it. Why not adding finally CARS into the Game ? ^^
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Shower thoughts about this EP:

1. Why are there different coloured solar panels? Are they just recolours or are the colours to separate the ones that heat the water up and the ones the power up the house?

2. With Seasons, will cloudy, rainy or windy weather effect the gameplay of the wind turbines, solar pannels and what looks like a water collector?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited May 2020
    nvisagie wrote: »
    > @aiex said:
    >

Just so you know fallout 76 isn't made by EA and it has no expansion packs. It has patches/updates and it has the atom shop where you can buy things if you want but you can earn atoms without buying them by completing events.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    What I like:
    1. Chicken Coop!!!
    2. Candle Making
    3. Is death by flies returning?!

What I dislike:
    1. The town starts out really ugly.
    2. The pack seems centered around adults (again).

The uglyness of the town when you start is a big part of why I've already pre-ordered the pack. I just really hope they spread the whole 'towns getting dirty if you don't clean them up' bit to the other towns;