Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Shower thoughts about this EP:

1. Why are there different coloured solar panels? Are they just recolours or are the colours to separate the ones that heat the water up and the ones the power up the house?

2. With Seasons, will cloudy, rainy or windy weather effect the gameplay of the wind turbines, solar pannels and what looks like a water collector?

Good questions! I'm curious about that too.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    "This should be a game pack not an expansion"
    "We wanted ______ pack instead"
    "Nobody wanted this"
    "This shouldve been in ________ pack"

Sound familiar? These comments are all from the Get Together announcement trailer, Get Together is now a fan favorite. Wait until we know more before judging

I can stand by all of these statements.

Get Together offered one very good system. But that's all you got sold to you. A world and a system. I almost feel like, if EA just decided to do a category of "world DLC", we could probably dissasemble most expansions into a gamepack and a world pack and that's it. None of The Sims 4's expansions had the depth of TS2/TS3 expansions, while gamepacks ended up packed with features.

Now for the "this should've been in X pack", I feel if we took "Get Together" and glued it to "City Living", we would have one expansion sufficiently jam packed with features. It's kind of the same here. If you took "Tiny Living", "Laundry Day", pulled conservationist career out of Island Living and glued it in here, you would have one decently themed expansion jam packed with features.
  • amiichieamiichie Posts: 9 New Member
    I think this a cool idea but I don't know if it should've been an expansion pack, maybe a game pack instead.
  • chuckjaymoorechuckjaymoore Posts: 60 Member
    I'm excited for the pack to be released. It's hard to know what the pack is like until after it comes out. Some of the packs brought new lots to the Library tab. I hope this is the same for Eco Lifestyle. I'm clearly not a builder and would prefer to lots from the Gallery and ones added to the Library.
    Gallery ID: 1mooresimmer
    YouTube channel: youtube.com/@1mooresimmer/
    TikTok: tiktok.com/@1mooresimmer
  • Lorna08Lorna08 Posts: 98 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm disappointed. Things right now aren't looking so good in the real world and seeing this trailer about pollution makes me sad. I like being able to escape with my game. I might get it if it's ever discounted because I do love getting new CAS and Build items.
    Post edited by Lorna08 on
    y7Kh4Ip.png
    Follow me on (S)imstagram @SimmerLorna
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    So.. everyone has heard the news that this pack impacts all other worlds except destination worlds, right?
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    So.. everyone has heard the news that this pack impacts all other worlds except destination worlds, right?
    Yes, I wonder how the system will work.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020

Yes! I thought this would be a contained experience like in Sulani, it's what it seemed like from the trailer, they didn't show the other worlds affected by pollution. This actually makes me press that pre-order button so hard I'm about to break all of Origin's servers.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member

No, I didn't. :o I was working and just hopped on for a brief break. This is very good to hear!
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I have some doubts in HOW it would affect other worlds, probably in a much more minor way. But I won't jump to conclusions and wait, I just have a general lack of trust at the moment.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Very excited about this latest news. As long as it doesn't make the other worlds super annoying and/or can be turned off. But I definitely love this system impacting all words, not just one!
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Polution in all worlds /exept strangerville / destination worlds) sooo yaaas, this pack sound now so fun ! It's really fun and new idea to get a polution problem in sims :p Hope we would see this new world soon and more info!
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

I saw that Tweet and I'm cautiously excited. But it doesn't specify if the pollution aspect will effect all worlds, which I think is what people would like to know. He may be talking about using the energy saving saving items and community lots on other worlds. Having said that, mentioning the exclusion of strangerville does make me hopeful for pollution everywhere! I hope there's a way to turn it off for people who don't want it.
    CelSims wrote: »

I saw that Tweet and I'm cautiously excited. But it doesn't specify if the pollution aspect will effect all worlds, which I think is what people would like to know. He may be talking about using the energy saving saving items and community lots on other worlds. Having said that, mentioning the exclusion of strangerville does make me hopeful for pollution everywhere! I hope there's a way to turn it off for people who don't want it.

Q: Will pollution affect the other worlds?
    SGFrost: Yes.

Pollution will impact other worlds. Hasn’t answered whether it can be turned off or not. I’m wondering how it will impact builders. That’s my question right now.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Pollution will impact other worlds. Hasn’t answered whether it can be turned off or not. I’m wondering how it will impact builders. That’s my question right now.

Oh Awesome! Thank you for confirming that.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Prob the same way weather does....it doesn't.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member

Same, I wonder about the level of impact it will have.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

Yeah, but editing a build in the middle of winter, or on a cloudy (or worse, rainy/stormy day) makes it a pain to see what, exactly the actual effect is of the edits being made. I'd expect a Smoggy world to have the same impact.

No it doesn't change whether we can put stuff down or not, but it does impact how things look when we do.

I mean for the most part it doesn’t, but I won’t lie building with snow gets kind of annoying.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Hallie22 wrote: »
    So, will we see dead birds fall from the sky? Wind turbines kill birds.

They aren't as bad as some people think. Less than300,000 to 500,000 are killed by the wind turbines. Buildings are worse. 100 million to 1 billion birds are killed by flying into buildings.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Shower thoughts about this EP:

1. Why are there different coloured solar panels? Are they just recolours or are the colours to separate the ones that heat the water up and the ones the power up the house?

2. With Seasons, will cloudy, rainy or windy weather effect the gameplay of the wind turbines, solar pannels and what looks like a water collector?

I don't know what they are different colored in the game but in my neighborhood people have solar panels that blend with their roof color. I see several several colors around us.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • chons95chons95 Posts: 51 Member
    Ok, so more info has came out and it seems to be more thought out than I first thought. Can't wait for the Livestream and the LGR video to come out honestly, I'm probably not going to complain any further untill those are up. I really hope they show most of us wrong and ends up being a great EP.
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    The fact that the pollution wont work in strangerville actually gives me hope for how it will effect the other worlds since it's intrusive enough it would mess with strangerville's world system. I'm excited to find out more :)
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited May 2020
    Lol, many Simmers keep wondering how can you have that much pollution without having any working cars driven by Sims in the game??!! So perhaps, it should have been just a game pack as some others have mentioned. Also, Island living already gets into cleaning up the environment so this is a bit repetitive in theme.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    If the pollution in other worlds is good enough, I'll change my views from "do not buy" to "maybe get it on sale." But why the heck didn't they lead with this info? They made it seem like everything was confined to one world, which was the source of many complaints about this pack. Unless the pollution in other worlds is so minuscule, it's not worth the focus?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017