Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I can't imagine doing what's practically a nature day expansion pack without adding fleshed out plant sims.

Seriously, this whole pack is about helping the environment. When's a better time to add them?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Why are people interested in plantsims ? I never find them particularly fun. Curious.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I can't imagine doing what's practically a nature day expansion pack without adding fleshed out plant sims.

Seriously, this whole pack is about helping the environment. When's a better time to add them?

But don't you get it.We have insect farming.
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    I feel this is recycled bull **** Island Living had a huge eco living vibe with a huge potion of it's very limited gameplay devoted to cleaning up the island. Even it's only full time career was eco based. Tiny Living also has an eco vibe. This feels very been there done that.

Outside the rehashed eco stuff, we get a new freestyle career, again been there done that to death. We get a few new crafting skills like up cycling, fizzy juice, and candle making. OK that is something but honestly we have plenty of money making based skills. More of a stuff pack selling point then an EP selling point.

I guess we are getting ladders, but the rest seems recycled. We already have an eco bsed EP, do we really need an uglier dirtier rehash just to get ladders? I guess so. I am not excited. I wish the released a stuff packs with just ladders and skipped the rest. I guess I am paying $40 just for the ladders, as I really want them. The rest looks like a rehash of stuff we already have in one form or another, just uglier.

Please let there be more than ladders I want. This pack feels very been there done that.
  • Options
    Ladder is free patch for base game.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Eco living is already the most disliked expansion trailer on YouTube.

GOOD lol!
  • Options
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Ladder is free patch for base game.

Thank GOODNESS!
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member

Can't say I'm shocked...
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

It’s also the most “original” design for an expansion pack from these developers that doesn’t follow the usual norm (seasons, uni, pets, vacations, etc.).

Maybe it’s time to admit their vision of The Sims doesn’t mesh with the series?
  • Options
    auginstineauginstine Posts: 68 Member
    As said in this thread, it is quite obvious all these items were scrapped from previous packs. They keep getting away with recycling certain objects/animations (woohoo bush, selling table, festival stalls, bonfire, spooky stuff, etc) so I doubt it will stop anytime soon. Just from the trailer alone, I saw quite a few. There is yet again another yard sale table to sell item and that has been in Jungle Adventure & City Living. The "worm" farm is a little bit of a different shape than the seasons bee box. The sim cuddling the worm, for unknown reasons, is the same animation for the hamster from My First Pet. The pollution vacuum(?) is quite similar to the weeding one. The ladder is obviously from Island Living, yet they locked it to only oceans in that pack.

In Evergreen Harbor, every action you take and decision you make influences the state of the world around you.
    Become a conservationist, clean up the beaches, and watch your Sims’ impact bloom all over the island.
    For a game that doesn't have any consequences or pollution/cars they are obsessed with the same theme.

There is a reason all their expansions go half off within months. All of their previous expansion packs are 50% off right now. Unless there is more to it, this has the same replay value as Strangerville, which was a game pack and also came with a new world. I am struggling to see the difference. It was simpler times when expansion packs expanded the game as a whole.
  • Options
    FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    edited May 2020
    After watching the trailer, am I the only one who thinks that eco-living AND farming could’ve been combined together? I doubt I am.

Edit: all in all, I think this pack is seriously underwhelming 😕
    In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
  • Options
    VeronicaHerndonVeronicaHerndon Posts: 63 Member
    This looks like the worst pack they ever came out with
  • Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think its not the problem being an entirely new expansion pack, tho ppl think it sucks as there is many core content still missing but for a very new expansion pack for the very first time it is showing how lackluster their packs are. every other expansion pack had something from previous series' expansion packs so ppl didnt complain that much as now for there is our "beloved" content we buy like every series. but this one does not and it shows so much more how empty the expansion packs are in this series... I really do like the idea of the expansion pack but they are not pulling it off well its just so lacking...

In previous series' we even had an option to read many new stuff coming with the expansion packs... Sims 4 does not have this as far as I know or I missed it somewhere... no wonder... you wouldnt find many content entries.
  • Options
    Yuna wrote: »
    I think its not the problem being an entirely new expansion pack, tho ppl think it sucks as there is many core content still missing but for a very new expansion pack for the very first time it is showing how lackluster their packs are. every other expansion pack had something from previous series' expansion packs so ppl didnt complain that much as now for there is our "beloved" content we buy like every series. but this one does not and it shows so much more how empty the expansion packs are in this series... I really do like the idea of the expansion pack but they are not pulling it off well its just so lacking...

In previous series' we even had an option to read many new stuff coming with the expansion packs... Sims 4 does not have this as far as I know or I missed it somewhere... no wonder... you wouldnt find many content entries.

I honestly think I wouldn't be so angry if it was a GP and perhaps other packs came before this one.
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    edited May 2020
    Where to start? But first, am I missing something about this pack? Because what stands out to me the most is that the pack's focus is on our sims cleaning up this new world. Haven't we already done that in Sulani?

How is this so new and exciting a pack?

Another click and repeat forced (if I want to use the new world a la Strangerville or Sulani) storyline does not thrill me.

What I'm really concerned about is waiting another year to reap the benefits of the January and April surveys (supposing our suggestions take that long to implement, if they even are implemented). At some point, TS5 will likely be announced and my hopes will soar again that, in starting all over, it'll be what I've been wanting TS4 to be.

It's not that TS4 is all bad; there are many things I like. But it's been a rocky and shallow road for TS4 to get to the point it's at. And this most recent pack feels more like a rehash than a novel expansion.

I also have a feeling one of the first fixes I'll be downloading post-Eco Living will be a decrease in death by flies -- I don't want my random sims killed off just from walking through the garbage-littered streets (smacks of death from freezing when Seasons hit).
    Post edited by SAEldarin on
  • Options
    @auginstine well said. Totally not worth even 50% price.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member

It will be interesting to see how it will look after a week but right now...wow, that is a huge amount of dislikes.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    logion wrote: »

It will be interesting to see how it will look after a week but right now...wow, that is a huge amount of dislikes.

It's only 13 k dislikes
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Capture-2.png

Looking forward to the complaining and all but I gotta say, that image looks kinda awesome either way.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited May 2020
    logion wrote: »

It's only 13 k dislikes

That is 20% of total likes and dislikes right now. So from the first impression that people got, 20% of the people who watched and liked or disliked the video hated it.
  • Options
    DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    Where do I begin? What can I point out that hasn't already been addressed?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5109268
    When regarding climate change and environmental awareness, would it have not been logical to include these facets into the Island Living Expansion to compliment the conservationist career? What a waste of an EP. I'm tired of being clowned by EA, I'm going back to bed with my books to read.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5789418