Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

• akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    seeing that tiny house in the trailer and explicitly remembering the SP, I wonder if the whole tiny living system and his vibe weren't part of this expansion and did they withdraw to sell separately? :/
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited May 2020
    Always a treat when you make these threads :) thank you from the bottom of my heart.

My pleasure :)

Btw, I am laughing here at the worm comments. Totally forgot about seeing them in the trailer! I was shocked by their size and then.. he cuddled it :D
    I am fine with the worm farming etc. but if you think about it, it is kind of sad when people were hoping for farm animals like horses and such.
    However, I am NOT fine with the reused animations.. again. Its just too much. First they need to bring in the good stuff, then you get to go and try to save yourself some time and money once in a while. This is just outrageously cheap from EA.

Here ya go:
    worm.jpg
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Duende wrote: »
    Where do I begin? What can I point out that hasn't already been addressed?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5109268
    When regarding climate change and environmental awareness, would it have not been logical to include these facets into the Island Living Expansion to compliment the conservationist career? What a waste of an EP. I'm tired of being clowned by EA, I'm going back to bed with my books to read.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5789418

Reading is in fact also my consolation in the corona crisis.
  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Ladder is free patch for base game.

Please post a link on where you got this information. Thanks. As it is, ladders are the only reason to this pack of recycled themes.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Just one more reason why I went back to Sims 3!
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    logion wrote: »
    That is 20% of total likes and dislikes right now. So from the first impression that people got, 20% of the people who watched and liked or disliked the video hated it.
    Also, the video had 16k or so before it was properly released, and about 580-something dislikes. Quite a few of those likes came about when we still thought we were getting farming.
    scoed1227 wrote: »
    Please post a link on where you got this information. Thanks. As it is, ladders are the only reason to this pack of recycled themes.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    scoed1227 wrote: »

Thank you. Guess this pack will be utterly pointless given its recycled theme and the CAS items being extremely ugly. But hey I just saved $40.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think anyone who dislikes the pack should dislike it on youtube give it a thumbs down and unless you really love this pack don't buy the pack for at least two weeks after it comes out that way it will still hurt there bottom line
    https://youtu.be/Q2ce9VSNsjE
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I feel like people expected the "Off the Grid", Eco concept was going to be merged with the Farming theme because they would go well together and Farming, by itself, sounds kind of boring. (So does Eco Living, if I'm being honest, lol. ) But together, they would make total sense.

Personally, I pictured a pack with fields and plains, farmhouses with silos and wood fences, solar panels and windmills, and old crafting stations for making a variety of products. I envisioned a working water well and water pumps, crop fields, hay bales, and animals to feed and tend. I pictured composting and recycling and living frugally with necessity taking priority over fanciness. Canning, jams, candles, nectar and vineyards. A dairy machine (something a little more Steampunk, using water and steam as a resource) to make products, and eggs as a new food collectible. New "homey" recipes and barns with lofts, (ladders too) and a farmer's market.

Not saying this is my ideal pack, but it's what I had expected. Anyway, we'll probably still get a farming pack, but who knows what it will end up like? I expect another sycophantic, ultra-modern twist, catering to socio-political ideals.

The eco theme already wore itself out with Island Living and the Off the Grid lot trait. We should have just got the extras in the farming pack. Now the farming pack, if we get one, is going to feel like yet another extension of this overused theme. This pack feels like a waste of an EP, especially when there are so many more necessities that people have been asking for since the beginning of the Sims 4's run.

Wow! I was never a big fan of the farming idea either but I feel like you've just sold it to me with your description! I'm just sat over here wishing for a space themed pack but I could work with what you've imagined... I voted for the wedding theme for the first community survey and stopped voting when it didn't win and I also voted for the science theme for the second survey and again stopped voting when it didn't win.

This pack is so far removed from what I want it's not even funny but at least I get ladders for free - I can at least attempt a spaceship build...
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    So far it seems more game pack-ish. That’s all I got.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    After watching the trailer, am I the only one who thinks that eco-living AND farming could’ve been combined together? I doubt I am.

Edit: all in all, I think this pack is seriously underwhelming 😕

windmills and solar panels would've worked in a country/farming pack. idk why they went this route.
  • FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    After watching the trailer, am I the only one who thinks that eco-living AND farming could’ve been combined together? I doubt I am.

windmills and solar panels would've worked in a country/farming pack. idk why they went this route.

Exactly! there would've been much more content if they also added farming too. Eco-living by itself just doesn't seem...EPish..
    In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

Exactly! there would've been much more content if they also added farming too. Eco-living by itself just doesn't seem...EPish..

and like that little town lot that changes could've been way more fun with like an alternating farmer's market, rodeo horse competition sort of thing, a traveling circus, county fair, etc.

like the stuff advertised in this eco expansion trailer looks like events id never use.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member

I swear the main thing would work better as game pack.Why other things could been in a main pack.As side features I think dumpster giving, candle making, and crafting.Could been sides at a hobby craft.
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    The video is up to 15k dislikes on YouTube now, and I hope it keeps getting voted down.

This is just not a good expansion pack. It's all rehashed ideas of what is already in the game, as many of you have pointed out. Maybe it could have sold as a gamepack. But this is what we've been waiting for after so long a new content drought? I think not, darling.

Very, very disappointed. I can't even express how deeply my sadness hits. I know there are a lot of long-time simmers in this community who, like me, started with the Sims 1 and have been playing this game since they can remember... It is just cruel to get our hopes up about improved personalities etc through amazing surveys etc and then give us this.

:'(
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Getting an entire neighbourhood to be eco-friendly and improving the environment must be really difficult, we have to get people on our side, build neighborhoods that makes it easier to use bikes or buses, convince industries to not release as much pollution, eat less meat, set larger goals to improve the environment...

40evdt.gif

...or we could just create a magical gun that removes pollution.

I'm sorry, I cannot get over just how absurd that thing is.

Yeah, the high tech doesn't sit right with me either, it doesn't feel like it matches the rest of the pack where we see people scrounging and being inventive, living in squalor, dumpster diving and trying to get by. Suddenly, we're in Tony Stark's digital lab and this one Sim invents the easy "pollution solution". Kind of anticlimactic.
    #Team Occult
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Getting an entire neighbourhood to be eco-friendly and improving the environment must be really difficult, we have to get people on our side, build neighborhoods that makes it easier to use bikes or buses, convince industries to not release as much pollution, eat less meat, set larger goals to improve the environment...

40evdt.gif

...or we could just create a magical gun that removes pollution.

I'm sorry, I cannot get over just how absurd that thing is.

Yeah, the high tech doesn't sit right with me either, it doesn't feel like it matches the rest of the pack where we see people scrounging and being inventive, living in squalor, dumpster diving and trying to get by. Suddenly, we're in Tony Stark's digital lab and this one Sim invents the easy "pollution solution". Kind of anticlimactic.
    The big tech makes little sense to me as well.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited May 2020
    bixters wrote: »
    Tons of giant, caboose-sized objects! Down with cupcake machines!

:D:D:D I know right! I saw tons of giant objects in the trailer that won't fit anywhere!

Right @bixters !? LOL Like the houses shown looked so small/tinyhome but then there were huge workrooms loaded with dinosaur-sized objects. Maybe that’s the “community space” like a Uni commons? Like where am I gonna put another 3x3 monster of a carbuncle object
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited May 2020
    Tons of giant, caboose-sized objects! Down with cupcake machines!

I love the idea of the cupcake machine but hate the idea of making room for one. I don't like the sizes of these things either :lol:

Same, @ParmaViolet87 I love that cupcake machine I’d love to plump up my Sims with as many crab cakes as they can take but that schoolbus of an object never fits.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    That part of the trailer was hilarious to me. Like if we can create a "pollution destroyer gun" then what's the whole point of everything else?
    It probably just cleans the air, and would be available once we manage to clean up the rest of the town. Fixing air pollution is hard, so this is probably an endgame thing that we have to earn. At least, I hope that's what it is.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    This is one of the first packs I'm really not sure about. I'm going to have to wait til I see a full list of features and items to fully pass judgement on it but I kind of found this trailer underwhelming to say the least. I'd be a lot more convinced to buy it if I found out that they were also doing something eco friendly with the money from the sales of this pack but I doubt it. Another really cool thing they could have done is to make the covers for the physical copys out of 100% recycled material or released this one for digital download only.

One thing that got me was the grub box thing? At first I thought it was a baby chicken and I was annoyed because that is way too small for a chicken coop and they didn't give us dog houses because they're somehow cruel to dogs but they gave us a too small chicken coop? But then I realised it was a grub. Why do we need another bug box item? We've already got bees :\ and I've been hanging around the suggestions section to know that when people were asking for eco lifestyle stuff none of them asked for grubs.

Also would have been cool of them to patch in cars for free before this pack came out. I heard car alarms going off in the trailer but still saw the same prop cars :( they missed an opportunity if they aren't going to bring cars in because they could have had the option in the pack to upgrade your car with eco friendly modifications or buy an electric car.

Also what was up with that "play to change" at the end of the trailer? Not to sound like too much of a boomer here but I'm not changing anything sitting at my computer playing the sims :D (I do go out and join in on protests in my area when they are on but I don't consider playing the sims as a 'change the world' activity.)
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    This is one of the first packs I'm really not sure about. I'm going to have to wait til I see a full list of features and items to fully pass judgement on it but I kind of found this trailer underwhelming to say the least. I'd be a lot more convinced to buy it if I found out that they were also doing something eco friendly with the money from the sales of this pack but I doubt it. Another really cool thing they could have done is to make the covers for the physical copys out of 100% recycled material or released this one for digital download only.

One thing that got me was the grub box thing? At first I thought it was a baby chicken and I was annoyed because that is way too small for a chicken coop and they didn't give us dog houses because they're somehow cruel to dogs but they gave us a too small chicken coop? But then I realised it was a grub. Why do we need another bug box item? We've already got bees :\ and I've been hanging around the suggestions section to know that when people were asking for eco lifestyle stuff none of them asked for grubs.

Also would have been cool of them to patch in cars for free before this pack came out. I heard car alarms going off in the trailer but still saw the same prop cars :( they missed an opportunity if they aren't going to bring cars in because they could have had the option in the pack to upgrade your car with eco friendly modifications or buy an electric car.

Also what was up with that "play to change" at the end of the trailer? Not to sound like too much of a boomer here but I'm not changing anything sitting at my computer playing the sims :D (I do go out and join in on protests in my area when they are on but I don't consider playing the sims as a 'change the world' activity.)

me ether
    more for sim kids and more drama please