Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

  • Options
    sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    So, I'm an easy simmer to satisfy. See I never played any sims game other than TS4 so I wouldn't know how to compare new packs to those of past installments. I also don't know what to expect for TS4. I just jump into my game and see what's missing for me that I can actually notice or things I would like my sim to do but can't because that's not a thing in the game.
    All I really wanted was weather which I got in seasons. A jungly world, an island, bikes!!!!, sending my sims to university and mostly actual babies. I never think of fancy things like candle making or cuddling worms. They are at most nice additions to my game that I wouldn't miss if they weren't there.
    That being said, I can honestly say, and I'm kind of sad to say it, but I'm not excited for this pack and for the first time I can feel for myself that this pack is not an expansion pack. Yes, I heard it before with Island Living but I love that pack and sure, I see why it could have been a game pack (granted, mermaids or underwater swimming was never something I cared for).
    The trailer for eco lifestyle showed me nothing I haven't seen before so it didn't spark my interest at all. No, I wasn't hyping up over that fake leak because honestly I wouldn't even know how to implement farming into my gamestyle. Whatever pack is coming I can find something good about it anyway, often it's at least bb and cas that get me hyped but with this I couldn't even get hyped about those things. A few items I saw were nice but not nice enough for me to want to spend money on it.

    Also just a day before the trailer was teased I was building a house and looked at the Get famous items and thought that some of those items are too specific that I couldn't even use them if I wasn't building a cinema or a movie set. I don't like items that are kind of restricted in what you can do with them (how many movie sets am I supposed to build, really?) and then comes this trailer and basically gives me more of those restricted items. Such a bummer but money well saved lol
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Honestly, I'm half expecting there to be a Greta Thurnberb NPC that'll go around saying "how are you!" to our sims in simlish.

    oh god, I haven't thought about that one. It would not surprise me if they went that road.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    @Koteyka well said. We have enough large high tech machines all over ts4. We need something low tech and for “quiet” family lifestyle.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,089 Member
    edited May 2020
    Who says swimming activities were sacrificed for Eco-Living? Who said that, anywhere, ever? Eco-Living has nothing, nada, zipadeedoodah to do with swimming, so how can scuba-ing be left out of it? And it was created AFTER Island Living. Sounds to me like somebody's still sore about the lack of scuba-activities in Island Living. While also complaining that it has the conservation career and island maintanance.

    The 'real life' aspect of owning a tiny home to make a smaller carbon footprint has nothing to do with the real purpose of the Stuff Pack, which means that a tiny home lot lowers your bills so that your first home can be cheaper. The biggest addition was a new type of residential lot. It's basically catering to people who like making small homes.

    These people are all looking to the past in their determination to be disappointed with the future.
    Every time a pack comes out, I upgrade my Special Project.
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    Koteyka wrote: »
    Alright. Hear me out. This is probably the first time I post in a complaining thread.

    This is the first time I've EVER been disappointed with an EP. First. FIRST.

    I'm mad, I'm incredibly mad. And I'm not mad because I think that every single pack should please specifically me and live up to my personal expectations. Obviously everyone has a different gaming style! And there were many other packs I wasn't interested in the slightest. Discover University. Get Famous (although I ended up getting that one and having lots of fun with it). Strangeville, Realm of Magic. But I was never disappointed with any of those packs because they provided us with gameplay we didn't have in TS4 before. So this isn't bashing because "HOW DARE U NOT GIVE ME WHAT I WANT, EVERYTHING HAZ TO BE ABOUT MEEEE :bawling:".

    But this... We all know it's recycled, alright? Bits and pieces from other packs. City Living, Island Living, Tiny friggin' Living... If EA already decided to add a little bit of Eco in every pack then why break that rule? Why give Eco a pack of it's own? Just continue implementing all of those features in other packs like you always did before!

    At least could've kept it a gamepack. But NO, they decided to steal a whole EP for recycled content.

    And hey! You know what's also eco-friendly? You know what's the EMBODIMENT of eco-friendly? Take a guess! Take another! That's right - FARMING.

    I know a lot of simmers aren't hyped about farming. I know a lot of simmers are annoyed with people hyping about farming (like me). But you have to admit - it would've provided so much more original gameplay then this excuse for an expansion pack. It could've also given us a normal country world because besides a few areas in Windenburg we have NOTHING that could at least RESEMBLE a countryside.

    Now I don't think we'll even get a farming pack. Seems like that idea is just... scrapped forever.

    I get that you want to show how cool and modern the sims is. But sometimes I like my sims living the quiet country life. Call me old-fashioned - that would be incredibly hilarious considering I'm not even in college yet and have the mindset of a six year old (which probably explains all of this complaining). A lot of people complain about Sims only making content for teenage girls now - Well I'm that, okay!? And I'm REALLY not happy with what EA is doing!

    If I ever get this pack, I'll make sure the world stays dirty and polluted. Because that's the only friggin' exciting thing in this pack and could do well for storyline purposes.

    Sorry for the ramble. I'm all over the place. I'm just so disappointed with this pack.

    I feel you, and I'm happy to hear that a member of the "target audience" is also disappointed with this pack idea, and would have loved a farming pack.

    It would be so fun to have a sustainable little community raising privately owned animals, and coming together with community gardens, locally-owned businesses and produce markets, solar and wind power yes totally include that... or maybe they could have done a system where you could raise a vegan community, idk? Have it as an option, why not.

    The ideas we've seen in the trailer are for environmental activism, which we did already get with Island Living. This is just taking it up a notch.

    It seems to me like it's a hodge-podge of "missing items" from other packs we've had already released - the Coulda-Shoulda-Woulda-Sims-4-Missing-Expansion-Content-pack.

    There's just so much more they could have done?

    *big sigh*
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Honestly, I'm half expecting there to be a Greta Thurnberb NPC that'll go around saying "how are you!" to our sims in simlish.

    oh god, I haven't thought about that one. It would not surprise me if they went that road.

    While I admit it would be funny the first few times, it would grow old pretty fast. But yeah, this whole eco-friendly EP is just putting me in mind of the Extinction Revolution BS that happened last year. XP
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,089 Member
    edited May 2020
    "And hey! You know what's also eco-friendly? You know what's the EMBODIMENT of eco-friendly? Take a guess! Take another! That's right - FARMING."

    Apart from, y'know... recycling. And reusing. And repurposing. And campaigning for the environment. Everything, in fact, that this pack is claiming to contain is more eco-friendly than farming.

    In fact Farming is not very eco-friendly at all - green farmers actually sacrifice profit as a result. Just because something takes place in the fresh air doesn't make it green. I mean, fly-tipping takes place in the fresh air.

    Some people are really hyping themselves up for farming, at the expense of not enjoying other packs. Inevitably they will be disappointed when farming arrives.
    Every time a pack comes out, I upgrade my Special Project.
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    edited May 2020
    Loanet wrote: »
    "And hey! You know what's also eco-friendly? You know what's the EMBODIMENT of eco-friendly? Take a guess! Take another! That's right - FARMING."

    Apart from, y'know... recycling. And reusing. And repurposing. And campaigning for the environment. Everything, in fact, that this pack is claiming to contain is more eco-friendly than farming.

    In fact Farming is not very eco-friendly at all - green farmers actually sacrifice profit as a result. Just because something takes place in the fresh air doesn't make it green. I mean, fly-tipping takes place in the fresh air.

    Some people are really hyping themselves up for farming, at the expense of not enjoying other packs. Inevitably they will be disappointed when farming arrives.

    You're not wrong, in some respects, but I don't know that we're talking about large-scale agriculturalism here. I think we're more talking about "farming" as in having a small, self-sustaining-style farm to source your family and maybe your immediate community... Grass-fed, free-range, all that good stuff. Having some chickens and selling their eggs to your neighbours.

    And the disappointment that I'm seeing, is more along the lines of everything looks recycled, nothing looks like fresh new content, we've seen these careers, items, and animations already - which would be the case whether we were hoping for a farming EP or not.

    By all means, the recycling stuff is cool. But it's not an expansion-pack seller, you feel.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    The vertical gardens should have been a feature of tiny living, or better yet- tiny living should not have been it's own pack as all the associated gameplay could have fleshed out eco lifestyle somewhat. At least there would have been more gameplay not tied to the new world and new world only. This would have made for an interesting gamepack, but these expansions are getting worse and worse- very little of this content actually expands on my game
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,930 Member
    Can I refer you all to a thread by a previous popular Guru who used to be a producer making packs for us, now working at Oculus, a 6 tweet thread?



  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,089 Member
    As we have more packs, we have less new things to draw on. And if you repurpose something, like an animation then you can spend more time on something else (but seriously, that maggot cuddling animation is identical to cuddling hamsters in My First Pets!).

    I feel like this pack is going to be very craft-heavy (like Nifty Knitting), Not just from the candle-making, but other things, and various machines that we don't see the uses of. Also, the cube of garbage. Do we sell that? Or do something else with it?
    Every time a pack comes out, I upgrade my Special Project.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,390 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    As we have more packs, we have less new things to draw on. And if you repurpose something, like an animation then you can spend more time on something else (but seriously, that maggot cuddling animation is identical to cuddling hamsters in My First Pets!).

    I feel like this pack is going to be very craft-heavy (like Nifty Knitting), Not just from the candle-making, but other things, and various machines that we don't see the uses of. Also, the cube of garbage. Do we sell that? Or do something else with it?

    Except the main thing is going green.It won't be a crafting pack.
  • Options
    Tay-way654Tay-way654 Posts: 50 Member
    Not only does this look like this most boring pack in all of the sims franchise but it wasn’t even wanted as an ep. After watching the trailer, even if they add farming and farm animals I still feel like it’s going to suck. Sims 4 DLCs has reputation of being incomplete, and in order to complete each DLC one must buy the majority of the packs. I’m so glad I stopped wasting money w the sims 4. I always look at reviews before I buy anything and the majority of the opinions are negative. It’s crazy... like why did the developers think this was what the majority of us wanted now...?The whole ep looks tacky and soooo boring. Like I can’t stress my opinion of how boring this pack seems to me, and please if someone can counter my belief please do! I Honestly would love to see any type of positive that is related to this pack because atm I can’t identify a singular thing.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,089 Member
    @Gordy Says the guy who's got a picture of dragons in his signature, every day until we get them.
    Every time a pack comes out, I upgrade my Special Project.
  • Options
    Tay-way654Tay-way654 Posts: 50 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Can I refer you all to a thread by a previous popular Guru who used to be a producer making packs for us, now working at Oculus, a 6 tweet thread?



    "2) if you follow any of the gurus here on twitter, or on twitch, or see them in the forums, you know this game is made by one of the loveliest groups of people who very honestly care about the game being good and what y'all think."
    lol

    But we also know they've let their personal views get in the way - like Grant not wanting dog houses and making StrangerVille because he wanted it. Didn't Lindsay have to fight for Parenthood?

    On point 3: The survey was from years ago, and people have been asking for this stuff for way, way longer. Cars have been a demand since Sims 4's release, and farming has been requested since Sims 2 at the earliest.

    And onto point 4: That's true, but they're touching more on one niche facet of life (environmentalism) more than other, ore common facets. And they're doing it soon after Island Living and Tiny Living.


    I understand that some people will love a pack and others will hate it. But if you look on YouTube comments for the ep9 trailer as well as many post on the forums, the vast majority of people did not want this. It seems like all the DLCs are expansions upon previous DLCs, when in reality a DLC should be an expansion on the original game
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,294 Member
    edited May 2020
    I feel the team should release information about this pack earlier than they planned in order to quell some of the criticism and explain their decisions behind creating this pack. I don’t believe waiting 2 weeks to release more information via livestream is a great idea, personally (assuming that is their plan, of course). Sitting on pack info will probably make their lives harder.

    I feel the timing is off (very reminiscent of MFPS and Cats and Dogs, actually) and the release of this pack was too soon after Tiny Living. I also believe that it should have been a Game Pack and after watching the trailer I’m still incredibly confused as to why they want to charge me 40 quid to pick up pixel rubbish!?
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,089 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    @Gordy Says the guy who's got a picture of dragons in his signature, every day until we get them.
    I'm not sure what your point is? But hell yeah, dragons.

    What I mean is, you're complaining that some Gurus are putting things into the pack only because THEY want them. This is a show of how passionate they are about this game. Meanwhile you're demanding Dragons because YOU want them. Which shows how passionate you are about dragons.

    You see the basic hypocrisy going on, right?
    Every time a pack comes out, I upgrade my Special Project.
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Can I refer you all to a thread by a previous popular Guru who used to be a producer making packs for us, now working at Oculus, a 6 tweet thread?



    I'm sure that they are passionate and lovely and all things wonderful. I am not trying to bash any gurus.

    HOWEVER.

    I AM trying to "voice my opinion in a constructive way".

    ALSO.

    What the heck is wrong with asking for stuff that we've had in previous sims games, but better than before? Sims 3 is a laggy, not-very-well optimised game that barely runs on a lot of computers, and the Sims 2 was released 16 years ago. Video game engines have come a very, very long way since then, and some things in the game are honestly just old-fashioned at this point.

    That said, I still play the Sims 2 daily, so, you know. One can love and play the Sims 2 and still want to see a better Sims 4.

    Also, everything @Gordy said.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top