Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

• Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I think the most cringe worthy thing is the fact that they know fans have been wanting farm related content for a LONG time now... and chicken coops is one of those things... so, instead of giving us a chicken coop, they give us a worm coop!? SERIOUSLY!? That's nasty!

It's actually an insect hotel. A place where lots of different insects can nest. It was the only thing that I liked it the trailer, lol. I thought it was pretty cute, but not cute enough for me to actually want the pack :#

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I think the most cringe worthy thing is the fact that they know fans have been wanting farm related content for a LONG time now... and chicken coops is one of those things... so, instead of giving us a chicken coop, they give us a worm coop!? SERIOUSLY!? That's nasty!

This is not a farm pack, has nothing to do with farm packs... and that's an insect hotel, something that is very important these days with insects dying.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    aiex wrote: »
    Thank you for making this thread! I think when people voted on an "Eco-Living" type theme, which is pretty broad, they were expecting something entirely different. More farming aspects, some more animals, solar panels, a world that has a more farm-like feel.. this is just my take on it. Instead, we get a world [which i'm guessing will have like, six lots on it, knowing TS4 LOL], some new interactive items [candle making does not contribute to gameplay whatsoever], and maybe some new CAS & build items. YAWN! Where is the stuff we want? Cars [which I believe we've been asking for since TS4 originally came out] more fleshed out age groups, how about a Generations EP which would add more interactions & a whole boatload of new gameplay aspects??? I'm just so disappointed and done with this game. I can't wait for Paralives to come out, because with the way things are turning out for TS4, I'm guessing TS5 won't be any better.

I definitely disagree. I don't get the connection between "Farming" and "Eco living" at all. In fact, farms are usually VERY bad for the environment.

Yeah. Large scale farming is, and I honestly don't see how that would fit into the Sims anyway. I think people are thinking self sufficiency and smallholding, maybe?

Farms are not bad for the environment.Which kinda farms you are referring too? The small or family own ones.Or the one's that are in factories? People want the local one's.
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    Thank you for making this thread! I think when people voted on an "Eco-Living" type theme, which is pretty broad, they were expecting something entirely different. More farming aspects, some more animals, solar panels, a world that has a more farm-like feel.. this is just my take on it. Instead, we get a world [which i'm guessing will have like, six lots on it, knowing TS4 LOL], some new interactive items [candle making does not contribute to gameplay whatsoever], and maybe some new CAS & build items. YAWN! Where is the stuff we want? Cars [which I believe we've been asking for since TS4 originally came out] more fleshed out age groups, how about a Generations EP which would add more interactions & a whole boatload of new gameplay aspects??? I'm just so disappointed and done with this game. I can't wait for Paralives to come out, because with the way things are turning out for TS4, I'm guessing TS5 won't be any better.

I definitely disagree. I don't get the connection between "Farming" and "Eco living" at all. In fact, farms are usually VERY bad for the environment.

what do you to eat? Farm can be bad and can be good!
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member

This is not a farm pack, has nothing to do with farm packs... and that's an insect hotel, something that is very important these days with insects dying.

Ew... that's still nasty. I didn't even know that was a thing and I now regret learning about it.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    muzemuze Posts: 108 Member
    > @sam123 said:
    > We needed a thread for this.
    >
    > This pack is extremely disappointing.
    >
    > Literally Island Living and Strangerville all in one. Once you clean up the world it is going to be a normal functioning world. Where is the gameplay afterwards? This should NOT have been an EP. Severly disappointed. It sucks because I was just getting back into the Sims again.

Exactly. Plus, if it will only be limited to the new world, isn't it supposed to be a gamepack?
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited May 2020

Yeah. Large scale farming is, and I honestly don't see how that would fit into the Sims anyway. I think people are thinking self sufficiency and smallholding, maybe?

Farms are not bad for the environment.Which kinda farms you are referring too? The small or family own ones.Or the one's that are in factories? People want the local one's.

Large scale farms. Agricultural pollution is actually considered to be one major cause of pollution nowadays. It releases a lot of toxins into the water and our atmosphere, namely chemicals and pesticides. Livestock farming is particularly bad with the methane gasses. It also engulfs the land with deforestation. It puts a lot of pressure on our planetary health. This is to name a few problems.

Smallholding may be different though. I don't know the impacts of this. :smile:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    chons95chons95 Posts: 51 Member
    What bothers me is that this is like a supplement for Island Living and a bit of Laundry Day. To me, when that happens it's because you didn't made the game right, it takes two overpriced EP (both should have been GPs or one EP) and a SP? EP are like $40, I should get all this or at least the combination of IL and this EP for that price. The only thing I can say that is realistic about it is that going eco friendly can be expensive, in this case not so much for the sims but for the simmers. They could at least made a whole trilogy with IL or this one being the EP, either of those the GP and laundry day the stuff pack.

Are they even going to update the conservationist career so that it works in this world too? Or are they not going to work together? Will I be able to use the things from this pack in Sulani?
  • Options

Large scale farms. Agricultural pollution is actually considered to be one major cause of pollution nowadays. It releases a lot of toxins into the water and our atmosphere, namely chemicals and pesticides. Livestock farming is particularly bad with the methane gasses. It also engulfs the land with deforestation. It puts a lot of pressure on our planetary health. This is to name a few problems.

I kinda disagree with this.If your not careful with your waste.I think it really depends on the farm for large ones, and small one's.There is lot anti farm propaganda from animal extreminest .
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    chons95 wrote: »
    Are they even going to update the conservationist career so that it works in this world too? Or are they not going to work together? Will I be able to use the things from this pack in Sulani?

I know you probably mean the daily tasks, but the conservationist career does impact every world. The global policies effect everwhere. I usually give my sims energy shortages and restrict fishing.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

I kinda disagree with this.If your not careful with your waste.I think it really depends on the farm for large ones, and small one's.There is lot anti farm propaganda from animal extreminest .

I kinda disagree with this. Sure some farms do watch their waste, and that's good, but the impact of agriculture on pollution is very real. And sure there is a lot of anti farm propaganda out there and some facts are twisted. To validate my point, I work for a Rural and Agricultural college, and reducing emissions from farming is one of our points of research.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Honestly, I feel so mixed about this pack. If pollution only effects the 1 world, I'd be disappointed. I love the idea of polluting all the worlds.
    I'm curious to know how voting works as well. It would be really cool if you could use recycled material to actually build a full house, but I don't know if you can.

I'm so conflicted, because I feel like there could be a lot of nice small details they added that they haven't shared with us, but I'm very skeptical.

I'm still waiting to hear more about the game, but right now the lack of replayability kills it in my opinion!
  • Options

I kinda disagree with this. Sure some farms do watch their waste, and that's good, but the impact of agriculture on pollution is very real. And sure there is a lot of anti farm propaganda out there and some facts are twisted. To validate my point, I work for a Rural and Agricultural college, and reducing emissions from farming is one of our points of research.

Okay , I'm glad your inform.😆
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Tons of giant, caboose-sized objects! Down with cupcake machines!

:D:D:D I know right! I saw tons of giant objects in the trailer that won't fit anywhere!
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Exactly. Fertilizer wreaks havoc on waterways and oceans, causing algae explosions and chokes fish to death. The need for excessive antibiotics to keep livestock from getting ill is causing incurable super bacteria. And so on and so forth.
    There are better (and older) methods, but they are not financially viable unless you want a doubled grocery bill every month.

Also, again, the connection between "Farming" and "Eco living" is strenuous at best. Also, the more high tech the better. "High tech" is not contradictory to Eco living at all:

Electric cars, solar panels, wind and water turbines, high tech low-energy / low water using washers, dryers, showers, stoves, fridges etc...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options

I love the idea of the cupcake machine but hate the idea of making room for one. I don't like the sizes of these things either :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    chons95chons95 Posts: 51 Member
    > @CelSims said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I know you probably mean the daily tasks, but the conservationist career does impact every world. The global policies effect everwhere. I usually give my sims energy shortages and restrict fishing.

Yeah I mean mostly the daily tasks which should go beyond Sulani and also add some of the new activities there are, maybe they can add some global policies as well. There aren't much details about that yet to see which things can be added without clashing.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    bixters wrote: »

:D:D:D I know right! I saw tons of giant objects in the trailer that won't fit anywhere!

It's ironic, but kinda like in really life.Stuff like Wind mills are actually can bebad for environment.Because they kill birds, and when they are broke.They can't not be recycle.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    @chons95 I bet they haven't included cross pack with the conservation career but it would be something I'd enjoy.