Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you influenced by EA Game Changer reviews?

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    KatmiGordonKatmiGordon Posts: 5 New Member
    Yes
    > @Techbilt said:
    > Not their reviews per se but I do look at their lets plays and LGR's Reviews, LGR to me seems more honest even if sometimes his reviews are harsh, or harshly worded. I've seen some of his Sims 3 reviews and we definitely don't agree on everything especially with the sims 4 as well from what few videos I've seen, but LGR's reviews to me hold more weight than any game changers review.

I love LGR - but I feel he has as much to gain from being harsh about the Sims as Game Changers do to be positive. It's what gets him views, and helps him stand out from the pack. Getting views is what gets him monetized, and that's what gets him paid. I've paid attention and he gets more dislikes when he actually has something positive to say. That has to be at least as big an influence as the perks of being a game-changer. In the end that doesn't mean I don't trust him, it just means I don't trust him anymore when he's super neg than a GC who is super pos.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    No
    Techbilt wrote: »
    Not their reviews per se but I do look at their lets plays and LGR's Reviews, LGR to me seems more honest even if sometimes his reviews are harsh, or harshly worded. I've seen some of his Sims 3 reviews and we definitely don't agree on everything especially with the sims 4 as well from what few videos I've seen, but LGR's reviews to me hold more weight than any game changers review.

Agree with this!
  • Options
    KatmiGordonKatmiGordon Posts: 5 New Member
    Yes
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > Think the only review I find to be more than accurate in exploring features of the game is that of Carl's Sims 4 Guide videos, which will go into >better detail of features in which I might not even know about.

This, so much this. If I take anyone's opinion to heart at face value it's Carl. He's honest, and he goes into depth on gameplay which is all I really care about. Honestly, I skip Cas and Build & Buy stuff on any review - I just don't care about it.

> @sunblond said:
    > As you can tell, I'm not like most simmers as to what I like, so opinions about packs is not really pertinent to me. I'm not getting Island Living, >I couldn't figure out how to fit it into my regular gameplay, it seems so far removed from the rest of the liveable worlds. Although I do think it's >a beautiful world.

No hostility at all (Because I know without tone this could sound judgey) , just honest curiosity. You told us everything you DON'T like, what do you like?
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No
    No I form my own judgements if anything besides James the game changers turn me against this game with their constant oh this is so cute and praise for a poorly done game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    No
    No, because I'm going to buy it any way! The only one I watch to any great extent is James T, and he hates my first pet and I still own it so... ;) But no, James I like watching as he really is honest, if he doesn't like it, he'll say so, and when he says he enjoys it, I believe him (as I know he's not saying it to suck up to EA), but I'm a collector so even if he hated it, its still in my library!
  • Options
    YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    No
    It's only their opinion... Who cares? And I
    hate that they share everything online before the release date...I prefer to discover all the new options when I play the game...😕

I liked the way the team shared this info during The Sims 1,2 and 3 era much better than the way it is now.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    No
    The opinions of Game Changers don't influence my decision-making. What they show in their Early Access videos does have an effect on the decisions I make in the end. Because EA trailers and streams are notorious for hiding the truth about new packs. Collecting information is never the wrong choice to make when it comes to deciding if any pack is worth buying. Seeing as how disappointed I was with a couple of the latest packs, I will hunt down any and all answers to the questions I have about new packs before I purchase anything after Island Living was released. So if we run into some of the Game Changers not being super excited about an upcoming release, watch their video very closely and it won't take long before the truth becomes clear.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    No
    Don't care about game changers at all.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    No
    I do tend to watch LGR because he's really honest about the packs, and ultimately ends his reviews with "It's up to you if you want to buy it," He's helped me make some pretty informed decisions with the sims and a few other games as well.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    KittHavenKittHaven Posts: 87 Member
    No
    No, because I buy all packs eventually. I hate them not being coloured in on the main screen (little OCD about it) so even though it has taken years, whenever I had spare money at the end of the month I bought a few to catch my collection up. (Recently managed to do it, too!)

Now I buy all packs that come out when they come out (or within a few months of release if money is tight).

I always watch game changer reviews and early access content videos even if I am going to buy a pack because I want to see if I will actually play with stuff that will be introduced. More often than not I will, especially with occult content!
    Hello! My name is KittHaven, or Kitt, and I have played the Sims 4 for quite a while. Maybe I'll think of something worthwhile to put here one day...

Origin ID: KittHaven
  • Options
    HannaZojaHannaZoja Posts: 93 Member
    It depends. Is Carl (Carl's sims guide) a Game changer? I like his comments. Also Lilsimmie and James Turner. Esp Carl can be critical, Lilsimmie is overall positive but never hesitates to mention weaknesses, same for James.
    Favourite Game: Sims 3 <3
    Favourite Worlds Sims 3: Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay, Riverview, Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragon Valley, Al Simhara, Shang Simla, Roaring Heights, Lunar Lakes

Favourite Worlds Sims 4: Britechester, Windenburg, Sulani - possibly Mt. Komorebi
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited November 2019
    No
    YBNS2468 wrote: »
    It's only their opinion... Who cares? And I
    hate that they share everything online before the release date...I prefer to discover all the new options when I play the game...😕

I liked the way the team shared this info during The Sims 1,2 and 3 era much better than the way it is now.

Totally agree with this. I never watch any of the game changer videos (not reviewers, to be honest) because their opinions will be based on the way they choose to play the game - which probably isn't how I choose to play. They won't look for the same things I do, so their opinions won't be relevant to me or my decision to purchase. Usually the theme will tell me whether I'm likely to buy or not; Strangerville was a beautiful example. From the first announcement, I knew it wouldn't suit my play style and I was right. Don't need a Game Changer or a Youtube reviewer to tell me that.

I miss the old producer walkthroughs. They showed enough to get you interested, there was raw, unedited gameplay but there was enough not revealed to give you something to discover when you play. By ignoring the Game Changer and Youtube Reviewers, I still do that with Sims 4 packs today.

The walkthrough for Island Paradise in Sims 3 was one of the best (and funniest) I've seen <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    No
    I will watch some of the game changers, but I like to be surprised too. So I tend to watch maybe one or two videos. I don't let them influence me to buy the packs though, because I buy all of the packs regardless. Also everyone plays differently so some of the GC's love certain features and really highlight them and I might never even use that feature, ie mermaids.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    No
    I have to say for the most part, no. There aren't really that many 'Game Changers' I even bother watching. Many, IMO (not all, mind you) just seem to be very over-the-top with praise and hyperbole about the smallest things. Not my cup of tea.

I generally like LGR's reviews, though he's obviously one of those who is not really happy with the TS4 core game and I don't think his heart is really in it anymore, for this iteration. I do have to say that Carl of Carl's Sims Guides is very down-to-earth and seems to give what is likely the most objective and well-spoken reviews of packs I've seen. If there's anyone I'd say I trust/respect enough to really affect my judgement, it's Carl.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    No
    Not really. I don't really watch that many of the gamechangers videos. If I do its usually one of the smaller, lesser known gamechangers.
  • Options
    StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    No
    Game changers are bought by EA with free game packs and invitations to EA Play, etc. so their opinion is biased. Also, EA only seems to listen to them more than to the normal simmers who actually buys the games and pays their salaries. It should be the other way around. :/

I did used to wonder whether or not some of them were being completely honest with their reviews, but I genuinely think they are. I'm not in any way defending the gamechangers as I do think there is an issue with favoritism when it comes to things like EA Play invites and other opportunities that seem to only ever get handed out by EA to a select elite few on the program, but recording and editing videos etc really can be very time consuming so they do technically earn those packs even if they ddint pay for them.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    No
    They don't change my views whatsoever, since I usually already decide whether I am gonna buy a pack or not based on the trailer and official gameplay videos. If the theme interests me, I'll buy it, if not then I won't. I also don't really watch any "game changers", I barely watch any sims content on youtube at all. In fact, the only youtubers I watch who do sims content are Plumbella and Call me Kevin (who isn't a sims-only youtuber, but receives the games for free as well without ever giving any feedback on them).
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    No
    I stopped watching 'game changer' reviews on YouTube a few years ago. I used to listen to James Turner [The Sims Supply] as he was more honest than some...but he and Deligracy have now been indoctrinated and assimilated into the 'hive mind'. LGR is the guy I go to if I want an honest, impartial review.
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Yes
    I say yes because there have been several packs that I had no interest in until I watched Game Changer content.
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    No
    I don't like to think I buy things because Youtubers tell me to
  • Options
    JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    No
    I decide by myself whether buy it or not base on the pack description
    4kTG3iX.png
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    No
    I answered no on game changers but i do have 2 places i always check before buying. One is LGR because of his honest reviews (something you dont get in the official trailers and gameplays) and simsvip pack guides because they're so in deph with all content and gameplay detailed that there's no way to be deceived on what you're getting.