Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you influenced by EA Game Changer reviews?

Comments

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited June 2019
    No
    No, I only know about Sim Supply, and I think Deligracy is one? Only watched James' videos, for his challenges and a couple of builds. The rest, I've no idea who they are.

edit: can't spell
    Post edited by Kathykins on
  • Options
    MadstarletMadstarlet Posts: 53 Member
    No
    LGR is my go-to reviewer mostly because his gameplay style is closest to my own. I didn't buy TS4 when it first came out due to many factors but seeing his reviews confirmed my decision to wait until more packs were released to have a fuller game. I'm a completionist so I'll buy all the packs, but I do enjoy watching his reviews for the snarky commentary. But no reviewer would ever keep me from buying a pack.
    Follow the creation of the new Sims 4 Web Series Wayward Plumbobs by becoming a patron: patreon.com/waywardplumbobs.com
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    No
    I like some, they're fun to watch, but as far as trusting their opinions go, no. A lot of them barely know how to play the game and ask their audience for tips and explanations in the comments about the many things they don't understand.

They're entertainers and that's all I ask of them.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    No
    I watch cas/build overviews, but other than that I don’t really pay any attention to them. I think a ton of game changers are honestly kind of annoying, so I usually ignore most of them.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    No
    I don't watch their content. It's annoying and repetitive.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    No
    I do watch the videos, but not for their opinion. It's so I can see things in action and decide for myself.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    No
    I Just watch Carl and LGR, I don’t think they are official EA game changers though.

It drives me crazy how the actual “game changers” take what should be one 10ish minute long video review and turn it into a 20+ minute CAS review, 20+ minute build mode review, and a 20+ minute gameplay review that are filled with rambling.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    No
    Simburian wrote: »
    Carl of Carl's Sims Guides has some honest reviews. He has done three for Island Living, concise and pleasant voice and points out the good things and things it lacks.

Is Carl a Game Changer? His site is my go-to for "what is in the pack" info. No one is going to sell me on anything I am not interested in buying for my own reasons. By and large, I dislike watching game play on video. I keep trying to use the controls to change my view out of habit. I want to play a game, not watch one.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    No
    I dont follow any of these things on any social media platform. I always found it non-interesting to watch/read peoples blogs, vlogs, pictures, videos etc.
    There are many people who do watch their videos and think they are not influenced, but the best way to have your own mind is to not even be busy what other people do, say or think.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    No
    I always make my own decision based on my computer tech specs, unfortunately. So, weven if all GC like a new pack, I must consider how useful it will be for my established game. Will it be worth being my very last pack? For IL I chose to skip it, even if it looks fun I don't want to establish and play a new world in addition to what I already play. So, because most of this pack's functionality was limited to the tropical island, it was a clear no. Whenever I get a better computer, I will of course reconsider... :)

Back on topic, I'd listen to GC'ers, but I'd listen to several of them and I'd be looking for someone playing my style. I normally check YT vids only the first couple days after release, just to get the first impression, not to see everything the game offers.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    No
    I just pay attention to the trailers, and content when it's released, If it looks like something I can manipulate to my needs, then Sure, I want it, I got it. If not, I don't.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    No
    No, I don't watch Gamechanger videos.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    No
    No, I do not watch gamechangers videos or reviews as I look at reviews that are not related to or influenced by EA/Maxis as well as playthroughs.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    Yes
    As someone who can't afford every pack, I take in a large amount of reviews to try and decide what's worth saving for. I have a few game changers who I trust to be honest (some don't even recommend every pack), but won't let their own opinions completely sway me. I think that since lots of them make sims content for a living, I trust them to respond appropriately to most packs and make my own decision based off of a mixture of their opinion as well as the content of the pack.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    No
    I’ve never heard of them, so I guess not.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    No
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Carl of Carl's Sims Guides has some honest reviews. He has done three for Island Living, concise and pleasant voice and points out the good things and things it lacks.

Is Carl a Game Changer? His site is my go-to for "what is in the pack" info. No one is going to sell me on anything I am not interested in buying for my own reasons. By and large, I dislike watching game play on video. I keep trying to use the controls to change my view out of habit. I want to play a game, not watch one.

Should have said that. I know he and LGR aren't I did choose "No" and should have added instead. OK?
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No
    I stopped watching their initial looks at CAS and build/buy items. The expressions just sounded too fake to me. I wait for gameplay videos too see if it is shallow gameplay.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    No
    There are certain things that I just don't need a review for. Cologne is one, videogames are another. I just don't see the point, regardless of whether it comes from a game changer or anybody else.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    No
    No, but it's mainly because I just don't pay attention to them. I don't watch gaming YouTubes (watching someone else play a video game drives me NUTS) and I'm rarely on Tumblr anymore.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    No
    To be honest until recent I didn't even know that was a thing lol, i just buy what I like and watch for info and on here
  • Options
    zanyshanezanyshane Posts: 62 Member
    Yes
    I was not aware of the EA Game Changers until this post as I am recently returning to simming!
    But I clicked yes because I also watch LGR's reviews for The Sims (even when I wasn't playing haha).

Truth is, I used to buy most packs anyway when it mattered for me so in the end, I don't think their opinions mattered in that way. It was more, "hmmmm which pack should I buy first"?
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    No
    Nope. They are paid to play and paid to market the product. I don't hate them because hey get that money...LOL but I would not rely on them to help me decide whether or not I buy the pack.
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    No
    No, because I rarely look at their videos or any other Sims-related videos apart from the official trailers. It's not that I have anything against game-changers, it's just that I prefer to get my information from reading and looking at pictures than from video. I'm a very quick reader and I can skim through text very quickly to see if interests me, while with a video I have to actually listen to everything to get to something interesting or relevant. I usually get impatient and click away.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    No
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    No, because I rarely look at their videos or any other Sims-related videos apart from the official trailers. It's not that I have anything against game-changers, it's just that I prefer to get my information from reading and looking at pictures than from video. I'm a very quick reader and I can skim through text very quickly to see if interests me, while with a video I have to actually listen to everything to get to something interesting or relevant. I usually get impatient and click away.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially when they are going to CAS items sooooo slowly.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I don't know what a game changer is. I sometimes watch the "let's play" type videos just to get a feel for something to see if I would like it, but I don't watch videos where they do or don't recommend a game. If I can't decide or have a question about a pack, I usually just ask you guys about it on this board.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com