Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you influenced by EA Game Changer reviews?

Comments

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    No
    I don't allow other people to determine whether or not I like a game, movie, TV show, etc... I never rely on reviews. Especially since I usually tend to enjoy things that often get very negative reviews. Often times, reviews are unfair and biased... no matter who's giving them.

Also, I disagree with your statement on LGR... he's extremely biased. I remember watching his review on the Katy Perry Sweet Treats stuff pack in Sims 3. His reasoning for negatively reviewing it was basically "I don't like Katy Perry, so this pack is horrible!"

Regardless of your own personal opinion on that pack, his review was very biased and not even a review of the actual pack at all. It was more of his attempt at expressing hatred towards Katy Perry than anything else.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • AnnaRAnnaR Posts: 23 Member
    No
    Nah because I don't care about them.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    No
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    No, never really trust game changers review - they always say everything in the game is great and barely anything negative.

Only trustworthy reviews is LGR as he is very honest and can provide the pros and cons.

One of the reasons why LGR had stop receiving free packs lol

I'm sorry for being a little adamant when it comes to this but I'm going to keep saying it for as long as people keep making this statement but:

No. That is not why he stopped receiving packs. In fact, if EA had such a problem with his honesty I doubt they would have ever invited him to be part of the gamechanger program. Which he refused for his own reasons. And that is the only reason why he stopped receiving packs.

He declined to be a part of the game changer programme but received packs for a while after. I’m sure he said he was was asked in his two years of meh video.

We don’t know why he stopped receiving codes.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited July 2019
    I ignore their reviews, watch their other stuff. Most game changers I know of come across more like EA publicists than reviewers. Best and most honest (as well as the funniest) sims reviews IMO are still LGR, unfortunately, although I see Carl has done a couple on his new Youtube channel and they seem balanced.

But there's a couple game changers i hadn't heard of mentioned in this thread that I will have a look at.

And while LGR's "review" of Katy Perry's House of Pain was openly biased, it was also his funniest and what got me interested in his channel.
    Post edited by WaytoomanyUIDs on
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    No
    I do not trust the game changers. Not a single one. Regardless of what they say, their opinions are biased toward EA and The Sims 4. They know if they say anything negative they will lose the goodies they get for selling this game to their fans. Whenever I hear a game changer has said anything “negatively” about the game it is usually so padded down with fluff and mixed in with fluffy compliments that it holds no weight as a complaint.

EA would be better off cancelling the program and letting these people make their own career. The long-time GC are growing tired of the game, and the newbies are pandering to EA HQ trying to get the perks of the older ones and the followers that exclusive pre-release DLC content will get them. In the end for the game changers it’s either about money or early access and they pander to EA. If they had careers they wouldn’t need to do that, but I’m not one to tell someone else how they should live their life. Although I will say streaming content online is not a career or even a job.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    No
    I don't care about them.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited July 2019
    No
    I might have watched more if I hadn't been put off them by the O.M.G.s and screaming in my first few watches, even on the Gurus' Twitch streams too. (please take note Maxis). The only one I do watch frequently is SimSupply for his quirky streams. He's got a pleasant way of speaking and it's the voices that put me off so I might watch a stream or Youtube video with the sound off.

I did take exception to Semaj's Rags to Riches one a bit though, from a feminist standpoint.....find a female, rush through the seduction, marry and completely ignore her except for her immediate needs or wanting a baby! I suppose that's what happens in Real Life though!

I suppose my Sim could do the Seduction role and marry a Rich man in return, Fairs fair as they used to say. :D
    I did search out and got my Sim to marry the Lottery winner once but the last time a Ghost won it!

On the whole though I don't mind Game Changers, if they are young it gives them great experience that might help them in their choice of career later and possibly some income to help them through Uni or College. Older Simmers enjoyment likewise with new software and online friends.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No
    If it’s not an LGR review, I don’t watch it.

The ones I’ve seen who are Game Changers all look very inept.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    No
    Nope. I only like the objective, reasonable ones like the Sim Supply. I especially dislike the overly negative, obnoxiously critical ones like LGR.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    No
    Nope, and I'm glad the game changer title exists so I know which reviews to avoid.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    No
    I don't allow other people to determine whether or not I like a game, movie, TV show, etc... I never rely on reviews. Especially since I usually tend to enjoy things that often get very negative reviews. Often times, reviews are unfair and biased... no matter who's giving them.

Also, I disagree with your statement on LGR... he's extremely biased. I remember watching his review on the Katy Perry Sweet Treats stuff pack in Sims 3. His reasoning for negatively reviewing it was basically "I don't like Katy Perry, so this pack is horrible!"

Regardless of your own personal opinion on that pack, his review was very biased and not even a review of the actual pack at all. It was more of his attempt at expressing hatred towards Katy Perry than anything else.

I think it was more so the idea of heavily sponsoring celebrities in The Sims that he was opposed to. I like Katy Perry's songs, but that does not mean I think she should be the face of The Sims (or any other celebrity for that matter).

I think sponsorships should extend as far as clothing/furniture brands. The Sims 2 had great ones, like H&M and Ikea.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    No
    I watch CAS/BB videos from GCs and other Simmers before making decisions on which packs I want, but it's not to see whether they like them. It's easier to get a feel for a pack when you see the items in a video, with swatches and maybe some functionality, instead of just going from the website listing (that could do with at least having the amount of swatches listed for items, tbh).

Whether a Simmer is a Game Changer or not, what they personally think about a pack has no relevance to me.
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    No
    No, not even by LGR.

I do watch some overviews (not reviews) of the packs to decide if I want to buy them or not. TheTidesChanging (she is a Game Changer) has some great overviews where you can see exactly what you get.
    he/him
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    No
    I buy everything anyway so 🤷‍♀️😂
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    No
    No. I really don't watch them much at all. I will sometimes watch SimSupply to see how he uses the new stuff and what he thinks.

I honestly don't care about CAS videos. I use a lot of CC for that. I look at some build/buy to see what's in it, and I like world overview with actual shots of the world, but not the ones that go in to the premades on the lots. I don't care about those either because they usually get deleted from my game anyways.

The GameChangers, and their opinions don't mean anything to me. We all play for different reasons and like different things about this game. I buy what I might enjoy. And that's all that matters to me.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    No
    No, I don't watch them and I buy all the content.
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    No
    I guess you could say sort of, but not really. I have my own playstyle as does everyone else. I watch the game changer reviews because I get an in depth look at each pack, BB, CAS. and gameplay (usually a day or two early.) I watch LGR because I can depend on him for an honest review, but honestly I buy pretty much every pack because I want content.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I don't care about anyone's OPINION game changer or LGR. None of these people spend my money for me.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    No
    I don't watch any of the reviews. Nothing personal to the Game Changers, but considering that they are technically partners with EA, it's possible that what they say is skewed into EA's favour.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Yes
    I don't seek out reviews by Game Changers, but I follow someone who happens to be a Game Changer, and I was following her before she became one. I take it as her opinion and I ultimately make my own decision, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't influenced at all.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    No
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Karon wrote: »
    I don't trust them, they never address the bad stuff in the packs like LGR does... So, it always feel forced to me...

What you said. :)I have seen a few just turn the camera away and do something else when a 'feature' didn't work as it should have and go on and start screaming about something they think is cute. I wanted them to say wow, that's not working...but they didn't. So, they can't really be trusted to show the good, bad and or ugly. And if they should say anything they make an excuse.

OMG I have seen this happen sooooo many times. I almost want to type the timestamp in the comments below and say really you are not going to address that issue with the game. I started watching them to see how many bugs are going to be in the game HAHAH.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    No
    I have no idea why they call them Game Changers or influencers. They do neither.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    No
    Fantastic poll! I’m glad you opened this thread. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited August 2019
    I believe reviews are very important, positive and negative, to help when deciding but no review and no single Game Changer (or LGR) should sway anyone one way or another. It is good to be informed when buying a product, and in case of DLC, I think it is important to see if the content suits your style and it's worth your money.

It is a bit disheartening though to go through this thread and read over and over how Game Changers are biased and how they can't be trusted, or how if they say something negative, they will be taken out of the program. There are many Game Changers by now, some more positive than others some more known than others, some completely anonymous. There are also GC for really diverse areas and aspects of the game, not every Game Changer is a Youtuber with a large number of followers.

I have been a part of the GC program myself for a year now, the first pack I got after getting accepted was Get Famous. Since then, unfortunately, there hasn't been a pack that I would recommend anyone to buy at full price (including GF). I have never been shy about my opinions neither here in the forums nor on Twitter. I wrote reviews on Early Access to every pack since then here on the forums, and all of them were very critical.
    I don't do videos or anything like that, what I love is to create sims and lots/rooms and share them with my fellow simmers on the gallery.

This forum is my main source of Sims related topics and I love it but man...sometimes it can get quite nasty around here. I am really critical myself, but it makes me feel sad to read so many negative comments, generalisations, and false rumours about the Game Changers.

Please, be a little kinder online to your fellow simmers (and to everyone really).
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    No
    No cause they are biased.
    Lu4ERme.gif