Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Raines mafia game **TOWN WIN **

Comments

• Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    No. I read the rules and the king's lynch will fail if it hits the guard.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    So then the King would know who the guard was, if they tried to lynch them and got back that it failed.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    RainesimsRainesims Posts: 901 Member
    Okay, just read the rules again and it says that the king doesn’t know who anyone else is. So that probably means that they aren’t allowed to talk at night. Yay! This game seems 100% tipped in town’s favor then.

Oh, so it means the king could lynch the guard, right?

@Wagashi_Master right. but the kill will fail if they do target the guard.
    QWO48ni.jpg

gallery: RainesimsUwU
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    I got Mouse and City as my EMMM.
    Okay, just read the rules again and it says that the king doesn’t know who anyone else is. So that probably means that they aren’t allowed to talk at night. Yay! This game seems 100% tipped in town’s favor then.

Pretty sure. I really hope that happens.

The king when he realizes he just accidentally lynched a guard:
    image0.jpg
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    Wagashi_MasterWagashi_Master Posts: 608 Member
    Oh, thought it would’ve been funny if the king had lynched his/her only comrade and lower their chance of winning. By the way, are we just going to randomly pick players? Like the EMMMs?
    1b50d0714006f57e46f0a4530649b643.gif
  • Options
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    At least I understand the rules this time! :D
    So Raine, can king and guard talk to each other in private?

@AlexaKry no they have no contact :)
    QWO48ni.jpg

• Options
    Rainesims wrote: »
    Mouselline wrote: »
    Don’t have much to say so I guess I’ll start the EMMMs. I got Dekay, Sophie, and City. Also how long are days and nights?

@Mouselline 24 hours for both.

Thank god! I’ll be online for the flip every time then.
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member

Can the king kill another townie after the kill of the guard failed? Or do we just get to know that nobody was killed?
    And if the king knows who the guard is, can´t they then talk in private and make a strategy?
  • Options
    So the game isn't as unbalanced as all that. The King's lynch will succeed every night unless it's the guard in which case it fails and the King will then know who the guard is, and can try to influence suspicion away from the guard. The guard will also know who the King is, at least that was the rule I read online, that the guard knows who the King is..and the King cannot accidentally lynch the guard, and will find out who it is if they do try to. So then both King and guard know who the other is, but if they can't chat at night, that would maybe offset the lack of any power but the day lynch, by town.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Don’t have much to say so I guess I’ll start the EMMMs. I got Dekay, Sophie, and City. Also how long are days and nights?

Why 3? Aren't there only 2 mafia in this game, one King and one Guard?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

Can the king kill another townie after the kill of the guard failed? Or do we just get to know that nobody was killed?
    And if the king knows who the guard is, can´t they then talk in private and make a strategy?

I think they’re not allowed to talk privately while the game is ongoing.
  • Options

I think they’re not allowed to talk privately while the game is ongoing.

Ah, ok, otherwise they would have been getting very strong...
  • Options
    So do you just look at the list of names and hope for divine inspiration? I'm still not sure how people "do" EMMM. Do you actually experience certain names standing out to you, or do you just pick something?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

@AlexaKry they only get one chance to kill someone and i will reveal it if they do target the guard :)the king and guard will have contact ONLY after/if the king targets the guard :) because like you said it only makes sense for them to work together once the king knows who the guard is.
    QWO48ni.jpg

• Options
    So the game isn't as unbalanced as all that. The King's lynch will succeed every night unless it's the guard in which case it fails and the King will then know who the guard is, and can try to influence suspicion away from the guard. The guard will also know who the King is, at least that was the rule I read online, that the guard knows who the King is..and the King cannot accidentally lynch the guard, and will find out who it is if they do try to. So then both King and guard know who the other is, but if they can't chat at night, that would maybe offset the lack of any power but the day lynch, by town.

That’s a good point. Once they know each other, they’d be able to coordinate their votes somehow. Let’s just hope we get to lynch the king immediately before that happens.
  • Options
    I tried an online random generator and got Nush, City and Mouse.
  • Options

@AlexaKry they only get one chance to kill someone and i will reveal it if they do target the guard :)the king and guard will have contact ONLY after/if the king targets the guard :) because like you said it only makes sense for them to work together once the king knows who the guard is.

So they will be able to make a stategy?? Oh my, hopefully the king doesn´t find the guard before we find the king!!!
  • Options

Why 3? Aren't there only 2 mafia in this game, one King and one Guard?

Because the town loses if they are equal to or less than the mafia. so 2 town and 2 mafia would be a loss for town
    QWO48ni.jpg

• Options
    I've added a section regarding the king and guard to the roles and win conditions section.
    If the king discovers the guard they will be able to talk to eachother at night only the town will be made aware that the king and guard are in contact.
    QWO48ni.jpg

• Options
    I've added a section regarding the king and guard to the roles and win conditions section.
    If the king discovers the guard they will be able to talk to eachother at night only the town will be made aware that the king and guard are in contact.

Nice, that balances it out. Anyways, I’m going to go to sleep now. Goodnight.

image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    Well it might be City or Mouse but it's not Nush. :) Of course I don't expect you to take my word for it. I wouldn't take yours or anyone else's.

So what do the Spirits (whom I don't believe give a fig about the outcome of this game :D and shouldn't be consulted on such petty matters) or the Magic Dice have to say about throwing out names?

Let me look into my crystal ball first because maybe...

1.Alexa
    2. Dekay
    3. Mouse
    4. Rose
    5. City
    6. sophia (starry)
    7. wagashi
    8. Nerd

I can't find my Crown Royal bag full of Dice! ARGH! It feels like part of my soul is missing!

Virtual roller for now, then.

@Mouselline 24 hours for both.

Thank god! I’ll be online for the flip every time then.

But no need to worry if you are, or aren't. Because if it were necessary to be able to be online for the flips each time, we'd all have to have compatible schedules and live in similar time zones. The 24 hour day is partially to ensure that everyone has a chance somewhere in their day, to participate. So there's no penalty (or there ought not to be!) for not being present at the flip. I know people have a tendency to think, or claim, that someone not being present close to the time of the flip is suspicious, but I hope they realize why it shouldn't be just cause for suspicion.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    If the king discovers the guard they will be able to talk to each other at night only the town will be made aware that the king and guard are in contact.

So, this is my opinion on the matter. Since the setup doesn't say that the kill will fail if they target the guard, the guard should be able to be killed by the king at night. After all, the magic made the king forget who his guard is, right? This is just my opinion based on the setup though. I'm going to read back again in a bit and do EMMM. Be back in a little bit. (Just checking in to say I haven't forgotten about the game.)
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    If the king discovers the guard they will be able to talk to each other at night only the town will be made aware that the king and guard are in contact.

So, this is my opinion on the matter. Since the setup doesn't say that the kill will fail if they target the guard, the guard should be able to be killed by the king at night. After all, the magic made the king forget who his guard is, right? This is just my opinion based on the setup though. I'm going to read back again in a bit and do EMMM. Be back in a little bit. (Just checking in to say I haven't forgotten about the game.)

narrative wise if the king does target the guard then it will start a scenario where the king will regain his memory of the guard after coming so close to killing them :)
    QWO48ni.jpg

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Okay, seems like a lot of people are confused about this setup. I cohosted this before so I'll explain it to you guys.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

No, this is not part of the rules in the game. The king and guard cannot get a chat even after the King has tried to kill the guard. But yes, then the king will know how the guard is in this case, but they cannot get a PM with each other.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif