Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is World Adventures worth buying?

Comments

• Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes
    Karritz wrote: »
    The Eyes of Horus are also useful if you can find them. Plus tents and some nice recipes and martial arts and photography. Lots of things that can be used in general play.

What do you do with the Eyes of Horus? I haven't tried them yet.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Yes
    I love WA. There is just so much to it, even if you don't go tomb exploring.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Yes
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    The Eyes of Horus are also useful if you can find them. Plus tents and some nice recipes and martial arts and photography. Lots of things that can be used in general play.

They teleport you to the other. They not only can be used to solve at least one of the dungeon puzzles, but they can be used just for convenience as non-played sims leave them alone. Put one at your favorite fishing spot and leave the other at home and you can teleport between the two at will, for instance.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

A thing to remember about the Eyes of Horus is you can pick up the one you are teleporting from and teleport to the other eye and then go elsewhere and place the one you are carrying so you don't have to just pick a single spot to place them and then have to leave them there for the rest of the game.

I've never had them break and require fixing which is something that happens all the time for me when I get the teleportation pad lifetime reward. I never bother getting that lifetime reward now though. It's just too annoying.
  • Options
    SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    Yes
    Yes, of course it is... but then again that's how I feel about all the other EPs and SPs too :). And all the Store content as well.... :smile:

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yes
    Yes! WA is an amazing EP. Very underrated at the time when it released.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Yes
    And, not to be forgotten, World Adventures is the only Expansion, Stuff Pack or Store World with a square icon, all the others (except Into The Future) have round icons. :)

6KTEJYR.png
  • Options
    Yes
    SuzyCue72 wrote: »
    Yes, of course it is... but then again that's how I feel about all the other EPs and SPs too :). And all the Store content as well.... :smile:

Me too. :)
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yes
    I think wold adventures didnt get alot attention cause not whole lot of simmers werent playing it in let's plays. I thought it was fun. Theres still a lot of things I havent done or discovered in that expansion. I definitely say give it a shot.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes
    At this point, the OP would be hard-pressed to ignore the overwhelmingly positive response to their question... and I am among that response. World Adventures is an expansion I greatly endorse. The enviroments are screenshot worthy, the tombs are fun as I love having goals to complete and danger to face. I haven't even tried nectar making yet which I read here is fun. But... somebody should warn you that the expansion, as nothing is, isn't perfect. Traveling can be quite buggy, so I definitely recommend getting NRaas's Traveler extension mod as somebody else here said. (And if you're new to modding, please read a guide. Nobody wants your game crashing) And while some adventures are fun and easy to do, others are annoying fetch-quests that you can't complete because you have no idea where the item you're supposed to bring or activate is. Online guides will be useful there.

And whether this is a negative or not is up for debate (circular as it would be), but traveling with multiple Sims can be extremely expensive. Personally, I do only 2 at the most, but more is possible if your Sims can pay for it. For me, I do couples traveling together. But overall, if you're looking for something to do and you want to occasionally get away from the usual hustle and bustle of normal gameplay, World Adventures is a great addition, especially if you're against supernatural content.

EDIT: I just realized you've already bought it... agh... this is why we read threads completely before making a response. D'oh!
  • Options
    Yes

@Karritz - Yes, that's how it is for all of us inveterate Sims 3 nerds. :smiley: I think @JoAnne65 might belong to this group too... :)
  • Options
    Yes
    At this point, the OP would be hard-pressed to ignore the overwhelmingly positive response to their question... and I am among that response. World Adventures is an expansion I greatly endorse. The enviroments are screenshot worthy, the tombs are fun as I love having goals to complete and danger to face. I haven't even tried nectar making yet which I read here is fun. But... somebody should warn you that the expansion, as nothing is, isn't perfect. Traveling can be quite buggy, so I definitely recommend getting NRaas's Traveler extension mod as somebody else here said. (And if you're new to modding, please read a guide. Nobody wants your game crashing) And while some adventures are fun and easy to do, others are annoying fetch-quests that you can't complete because you have no idea where the item you're supposed to bring or activate is. Online guides will be useful there.

And whether this is a negative or not is up for debate (circular as it would be), but traveling with multiple Sims can be extremely expensive. Personally, I do only 2 at the most, but more is possible if your Sims can pay for it. For me, I do couples traveling together. But overall, if you're looking for something to do and you want to occasionally get away from the usual hustle and bustle of normal gameplay, World Adventures is a great addition, especially if you're against supernatural content.

EDIT: I just realized you've already bought it... agh... this is why we read threads completely before making a response. D'oh!

@AHolyToilet - If you don't want to use the money cheats "Kaching" and "Motherlode", you can buy the Life Time Reward "Jetsetter" for your traveling sims, it'll reduce the price with 25% according to Sims Wiki.

And if you want your sim/sims to be able to stay longer in the vacation world, there's another useful LTR called "Prepared Traveler" that adds an extra 3 days for every sim that has it.

And of course the trait "Adventurous" is the obvious choice when/if you're creating a sim who is going to become an experienced globetrotter.

Description of "Adventurous" at Carl's.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Yes

@AHolyToilet - If you don't want to use the money cheats "Kaching" and "Motherlode", you can buy the Life Time Reward "Jetsetter" for your traveling sims, it'll reduce the price with 25% according to Sims Wiki.

And if you want your sim/sims to be able to stay longer in the vacation world, there's another useful LTR called "Prepared Traveler" that adds an extra 3 days for every sim that has it.

And of course the trait "Adventurous" is the obvious choice when/if you're creating a sim who is going to become an experienced globetrotter.

Description of "Adventurous" at Carl's.

Oh no, I've no issue with the expenses for traveling. I was just mentioning it for those who might. Although I had forgotten about that reward, so that will help those who also did.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Yes

@Karritz - Yes, that's how it is for all of us inveterate Sims 3 nerds. :smiley: I think @JoAnne65 might belong to this group too... :)
    Certainly do :blush: And I love World Adventures, totally worth buying. There's so much in there, too much to play with one sim in a lifetime. Plus it has great replayability value.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Yes
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Certainly do :blush: And I love World Adventures, totally worth buying. There's so much in there, too much to play with one sim in a lifetime. Plus it has great replayability value.

I've been playing since I picked up my preordered copy of Sims 3 in June 2009. I have lots of experience with being logical from working as an analyst programmer for years so I have set myself a logical way of doing 'everything' possible in Sims 3. I've come to the conclusion it is an impossible quest - so I had to change it to I now plan 'to do as much as I can that interests me most in the Sims 3'. My YouTube videos reflect this approach to my Sims 3 games.
  • Options
    NumeriusAsiniusNumeriusAsinius Posts: 14 New Member
    Yes
    I definitely think it's worth the money as it gives your Sims a nice place to go for a vacation/holiday. It's worth the money on sale, or not in my opinion.

On a slightly unrelated note I can't believe the poll is at 100% after so many votes. That's mind blowing to me lol
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    Oh my, I think I´ll get a lot of backlash! :o
    But I don´t like WA.

I like the items wich came with it and I always use them, but I think the worlds which came with it are boooring. And I really don´t like to explore the tombs AT ALL. It´s so task oriented, do this... do that. Nope, I won´t do that, I don´t want to be told what to do!
    I nearly never visit the worlds, the last time I´ve sent my newly weds to France (a real life year ago), spent a day there and was so bored that they came back home after a day.

But I think you have to buy it, because every EPs, SPs, Store Items are worth to get if you love (to play) The Sims 3! :D
  • Options
    Yes
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    But I don´t like WA.

I like the items wich came with it and I always use them, but I think the worlds which came with it are boooring. And I really don´t like to explore the tombs AT ALL. It´s so task oriented, do this... do that. Nope, I won´t do that, I don´t want to be told what to do!
    I nearly never visit the worlds, the last time I´ve sent my newly weds to France (a real life year ago), spent a day there and was so bored that they came back home after a day.

But I think you have to buy it, because every EPs, SPs, Store Items are worth to get if you love (to play) The Sims 3! :D

I think it'll grow on you over time. There have been periods of a year or more when I haven't sent a sim there but each time I go back it becomes more familiar and the more I get to know it the better it becomes. I even don't like being told what to do either but I still have fun exploring those tombs. My video series, The Isla Paradiso Bunch Part 2 is all about the tomb exploration and my sims are seen completing all of the tombs. There are a few more episodes I still need to do yet as they haven't started working on the two final tombs under the Nectary in France. Some of those tombs are extraordinarily beautiful and challenging.

Here are some pics of another of my sims working her way through one of the tombs under the Nectary in France.

GertieInFrance004.jpg

GertieInFrance003.jpg

GertieInFrance002.jpg

GertieInFrance001.jpg
  • Options
    @Karritz : thank you for trying to help me to like WA more <3 , but unfortunately you can´t change my mind. I have WA since it came out, but it hasn´t grown at me since. I like to travel with my Sims a lot, but not to the 3 WA worlds. :'(
    As I said, I like the items which came with it, but the worlds and the tombs don´t interest me at all.
    But I know that I´m the only one who has this opinion. :D
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    Yes
    @AlexaKry - No one should give you any sort of negative remarks over a personal preference. Not everyone is going to like every thing, most (if not all) Simmers understand that. I'm not a big supernaturals fan simply because I like to keep a certain level of realism in my games. But, I want all of my Sims to have the opportunity to 'live', so I create roles for my supernatural Sims and 'keep on moving forward' ;)!

I love the objects which come with this expansion pack as well. The nectar machine has helped me expand my 'expensive' restaurants. I have special vineyards which produce 'custom label' nectar which can only be found in certain areas. The ethnic clothing helps my level 10 international spies blend in-in foreign territories which helps to expand my 'Law Enforcement or Detective' Sims lives stories. And, so on. I do enjoy the tombs, but I like the 'dig spots' a bit more; it gives new life to my archeologist. And, the scenic views within the different worlds provide wonderful landscapes for my painters and photographers (who eventually show or sell their works of art in their galleries).
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Yes
    @Karritz : thank you for trying to help me to like WA more <3 , but unfortunately you can´t change my mind. I have WA since it came out, but it hasn´t grown at me since. I like to travel with my Sims a lot, but not to the 3 WA worlds. :'(
    As I said, I like the items which came with it, but the worlds and the tombs don´t interest me at all.
    But I know that I´m the only one who has this opinion. :D

That's ok. I only recently started sending sims there just for some time away from the kids - to have a little holiday alone with no tomb exploring. But apart from all the tomb objects and treasures I find the new insects and metals that came with the worlds to make it worth while sending a sim there just to collect metals and gems when they are just starting out and have almost no simoleans to build their home with. They can get rich fast, especially in China.
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    But I don´t like WA.

There isn't a whole lot to do other than the missions, so I get that. I never used to alter my worlds - I was always too afraid something would go wrong or I would ruin something. These days... lol I ruthlessly alter all of my worlds whether they are from EPs, the store or from our talented creators. All of my WA locations have theatres, clubs, restaurants, coffee shops, ketc., so there is plenty for my sims to do if I'm not into tomb exploring. Honestly, I don't think I've ever had a sim that did all the tombs. I get bored with it after a while. Once I have enough points to buy property, I'm pretty much done with missions.

I'm not a big fan of Into the Future - not really my aesthetic - but I have it and very, very occasionally I'll send a sim there for some reason. The last time I did it I think it was to try the whole win the lottery thing. I don't use it much but I appreciate the assets it brings - particularly when I see someone create very clever stories from it - even if I don't use them personally. Shrug. Not everyone will like the same things.

It's ok if you don't like it. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Yes
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I've been playing since I picked up my preordered copy of Sims 3 in June 2009. I have lots of experience with being logical from working as an analyst programmer for years so I have set myself a logical way of doing 'everything' possible in Sims 3. I've come to the conclusion it is an impossible quest - so I had to change it to I now plan 'to do as much as I can that interests me most in the Sims 3'. My YouTube videos reflect this approach to my Sims 3 games.
    The truth! Like, I had plans for my current heir (something with straying, finding a stray dog and a horse, then starting a farm somewhere) but since he was born in IP and I hadn't done anything with scuba diving, mermaids and houseboats yet, I decided to spend 1, maybe 2 chapters doing some of that first. Seven chapters later, 700 screenshots and I have no idea how many simdays, he finally left IP to start that adventure I'd planned for him. And having so much fun that it feels like old fashioned Sims 3 addiction all over again. And still my IP to do list isn't completely checked. Haven't run a resort yet, haven't seen the kraken under water (did see him passing by the houseboat!).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Yes
    But I don´t like WA.

WA sure has an RPG element, but it's not checklist based. It's rather puzzle based. Every chamber you enter is a challenge to the player, also because so much is hidden. You'll notice the difference when you play Jungle Adventure. You can do the adventures, you don't have to though. It's up to you. And the worlds are huge, they have so many interesting corners and surprises (and collectables to be found). Plus there's more to the pack than just tombs: martial arts, photography, mummies, nectar making.

I don't mean by this you're 'wrong' to not like the pack, it obviously has to be your cup of tea and if it ain't it ain't ;) But putting aside that personal side of things, the pack is very well done. So deep, so full of surprises and so much gameplay. Whether you like that gameplay or not is a matter of opinion, but it is in there.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @mw1525 : The vineyard sounds very interesting! And I can understand that your painters like the worlds, there are some beautiful places.

@Karritz : you don´t place the WA stone/insect spawner in your home world, right? Then you have to travel to the WA worlds to get them, of course! If I have a collector Sim I play (not very often) I place all spawners on one lot, so I don´t have to search for them so long. :D

@Surreal : I change all the worlds I play in to my liking, as you do. :) But I don´t do this with the 3 WA worlds. I don´t know why, perhaps, because I would have to change soo much, because there isn´t anything in this world but the tombs and the markets.

@JoAnne65 : No thanks, I don´t want to play Jungle Adventure! :p
    I have to agree that the items and the skills that came with WA are very well done, I use them all the time!!

Soon I´ll have a newly wed couple in my game, I´ve planned to travel with them to Isla Paradiso. Perhaps I should try out France again instead, just to verify my or everybody elses point of view! ;)

(Sorry, OP, didn´t want to derail your thread!!!!)