Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The 20th Anniversary Was Underwhelming

DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
edited February 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
The 20th anniversary should have had items or interactions that paid tribute to the previous installments. A mere hot tub was a paltry and a lot more could have been done. The iconic love bed from TS1 could have been reintroduced, even the lovely ‘bathe baby in sink’ from TS2 interaction could have been coupled with updated babies. The genies from TS3 could have been added to give some more pizazz. Incidentally, a previous world from any previous game could have been added in similar fashion to the empty Newcrest that we had received or a previous memorable world like Magic Town from TS1 or TS3’s Sunset Valley.
What new items or interactions would you have returned to the franchise? What would you have done differently to celebrate TWENTY YEARS?

Honestly, at this point I'm praying EA realises how lucklustre The Sims 4 is to the previous installements and fixes this.

R'hllor, Lord of Light burn away the insipidity from EA. For the franchise is dark and full of errors.
tumblr_pgcfdqG0pp1wb2e0fo1_400.gifv
Post edited by Duende on

Comments

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Thanks for that. Someone had to say it.

@QuillWriter, if you enjoy simulation/strategy, try Frostpunk. I finally tried it and the game is amazing. :)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    @Cynna Thanks, I do like those kinds of games. I'll check it out!
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    went to play Stardew Valley instead.

You're not the only one!

I did put some tracks from my Sims 1 collection on for a bit though. Sims 2 might be my favourite gameplay wise but 1 has my favourite soundtrack.

It's a shame this anniversary update doesn't acknowledge the existence of 1, 2 or 3.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Yet again they give away an object a lot of us paid money for to have in our games for free....
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited February 2020
    I would've liked to see the werewolf GP announced, fleshed-out Babies, unnatural hair colors for Children and Toddlers, an official BodyShop-type utility for the game, the ability to clear worlds with the click of a button of the tick of a check box, and balance tweaks to the emotion system as 20th anniversary gifts along WITH that hot tub.

I mean, I'll take the frikin' tub. It should've been in the base game from the get-go anyway, after all. I don't care about the songs because, aside from the S-pop station, I just use my own music...but I'll take the frikin' tub. Still...just a couple of songs and a frikin' tub to celebrate the 20th anniversary of an important series like The Sims is just kind of sad. This should've been a blow-out, not a slowly leaking Mylar balloon...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Big YES. They ruined the one that's supposed to be a great memory for us. They don't even bother to ask or interact with us prior to the anniversary (except if you're on the twitter), and there's not even a countdown. Big FLOP. B)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I didn't know what to expect and I certainly had no Grand expectations. I guess I just expected something other than a re-skinned hot tub from the current iteration.

I would have been cool with the love bed from 1.
    Drew Carey.
    Mrs Crumplebottom.

Something ICONIC from 20 years of SIMS.

Not a freaking hot tub. From sims 4 that people have already paid for as a feature of a pack they sold.

I just don't get their mindset. Where's THEIR love of the game and the series?

I wanted a pet rock
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Thank you for teaching me a new word, OP!

*adds “insipidity” to my vocabulary*
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Interesting article. It's interesting to learn that this is escalating to the outside world. B)

https://newsweek.com/sims-20-birthday-anniversary-giveaway-update-news-game-pc-mac-console-1485786
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    edited February 2020
    Agreed! I don't think they have an underlying understanding of what the franchise is... or what started it/ made it special.

So for the 20th anniversary, I wasn't expecting them to bring back cars, NPCs, wants/fears, unpredictability and humor and risk. A recolor, though? Yeah, that is expected from these devs!
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    I have seen that you can make that hot tub easily with the objects we already have. I wish we could have gotten something useful like ladders but they'll probably put that into a stuff pack and force people to pay 10.00 for it.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited February 2020
    I couldn't shake the feeling of being unappreciated for my loyalty all this time. I ended up quitting after about 15 minutes, no Sims killed, and went to play Stardew Valley instead.

I ended up playing Witcher 3 instead. I tried playing it before but I could not really get into it. Yesterday was the first time I gave it a solid try, I took the time to learn how to play it and I ended up really liking it. There are other great games too that I have not played that much yet but are really good, like Control, Red Dead Redemption 2 or Outer Worlds.

I'm going to give other games more time now, the sims4 certainly doesn't deserve it.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

I wanted a pet rock
    The return of Sir Brick-a-lot would have been fun.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Bad news for the community manager perhaps?
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Bad news for the community manager perhaps?
    Nah I don't think so. Bad news on the marketing team that poorly planned this event. Guru and marketing team are different.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited February 2020
    This should've been a blow-out, not a slowly leaking Mylar balloon...

Yep.
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Interesting article. It's interesting to learn that this is escalating to the outside world. B)

https://newsweek.com/sims-20-birthday-anniversary-giveaway-update-news-game-pc-mac-console-1485786

Wow.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01