Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The 20th Anniversary Was Underwhelming

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    chuckjaymoorechuckjaymoore Posts: 60 Member
    It would be great if there were more items added other than the hot tub, but that's not why I find the 20th Anniversary to be underwhelming.

All I ask the Sims team to do is release Tiny Living on Amazon. Is that too much to ask for the 20th Anniversary? I use Amazon gift cards for buying the packs. All other packs are on Amazon. There is absolutely no reason Tiny Living is still not on Amazon, especially when the 20th Anniversary is suppose to be exciting.

And with the hot tub, I placed the Ultra Splash Lounge lot and the hot tub from Perfect Patio was unable to be substituted, and was just removed. I believe that the hot tub from the 20th Anniversary and the hot tub from Perfect Patio are completely different. A future patch may tell the game that they are similar, and things could change. I can understand to others that what EA has done was offensive, but that's the least of my concern right now.
    Gallery ID: 1mooresimmer
    YouTube channel: youtube.com/@1mooresimmer/
    TikTok: tiktok.com/@1mooresimmer
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    It was more than overwhelming: it stank. 20 years (20 YEARS!!) of the Sims franchise, and you celebrate it with an ugly, reskinned hot tub from a Stuff Pack?

There were lots of things that they could have done instead: they could have released the Sims 1 and 2 again. Or they could have given us famous objects from the original game, like the vibrating bed, the heart shaped tub, Bonehilda, firefighters, burglars, police, etc. There are so many things they could have done instead.

They could have also done some highly requested things that the community has been asking about for YEARS. Babies, cars, better personalities, attraction, zodiac signs, more traits, more aspirations, better family play, spiral staircases. But, nope, 6 years and stilll none of those things!

But, apparently they thought a hot tub was an appropriate memorial for 20 years :/

This sort of laziness is exactly why I've played through Skyrim, Fallout 4, Fallout New Vegas, Rimworld, the Witcher and several other BETTER games in the past 6 years waiting for this game to finally get decent. And I don't see that happening anytime soon.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Or even some sort of video tracing the history of the game, or at least telling us where on utube we can find the ones others have made. Or inviting simmers to send in screenshots from the various versions of great moments in their games. Something to span the many years of what made the game great. Are they afraid that by seeing the past we will recognize the shallowness of the present?
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    xcc411x wrote: »
    I just bought Perfect Patio a week before this came out specifically for the hot tubs. Can I get a refund?? :'(

OUCH!
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    I mean if they were going to do a hot tub, at least it could have been an off-the-grid hot tub like the one from the Sims Vacation to pay homage to the Sims history. I loved this thing and it would have used a new mesh too.

25209-the-sims-vacation-windows-screenshot-relaxing-in-the-hot-tub.jpg

FREAKING AWESOME. I would have loved that hottub...LOL
  • Options
    It may have been underwhelming but they don't owe us anything at all. I was pleased to get something, and I don't have the pack that came with hot tubs this time round so it was a bonus for me. I'm taking a break from the game at the moment so I haven't done anything except make a few sims in CAS for a couple of weeks but I'll certainly be using the hot tub when I'm ready to go back. Having said that, the wooden hot tub from the original game would have been even better.

I don't think it is about them owing us anything. It is more appreciating their customer base for making the game last for 20 years. Many games do not last twenty years. It is the customers who have kept it going for 20 years and keeps it going for how many years after.
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »
    Though I find everyone’s opinions just and you should rightly so be upset. It doesn’t mean that EA doesn’t care you don’t know what budgets they have for the game. They give content free a lot and we are never satisfied with what we do get. It’s not up to EA to make us satisfied with the free content. Yes Sims has been around for 20 years I never see other game companies give anything for their anniversaries for being around like Elder Scrolls has been around for 26 years they never do anything.

Probably because anything they do will be outshined by the Elder Scrolls modding community. :D
    All I want from them is the next TES game, so the Nexus can get busy while I play the vanilla game and set myself up for the modded glory to come.

LOL exactly.