Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The I'm Bored Thread

Comments

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's not just seven years they have in mind. I thought SGDuke said they are planning five more. That would equal ten years not seven. I'm not sure I can survive ten years of TS4. I have barely been able to bear the first three. Now that the major packs are released (which most of us always expect) I don't think there is anything left I would want to see since TS4 always supplies a watered down version of some previous ideas. Maybe that's not their fault it happens that way, but I have to think it is, because they have meetings of what they want to do, what is feasible and what they like and don't like about a feature. That determines what goes into a pack and let's face it even it if something is feasible but the developing team may feel it's too hard and even if it's not too expensive to do, if they don't like it, it doesn't get into a pack. Five more years of content for TS4 seems overboard to me. It's not WOW. :o

Agreed. Also, am so tired of reading about what they can't do with this game. Every time I hop into a thread, I'm reading about how the devs didn't add a feature because it was too hard or for whatever reason they just couldn't do it. What do you mean you can't do the one thing that your job as a video game developer entails? This probably goes back to building this game on an improper engine; and when they reflect back on their work for TS4, the SimGurus should remember how often they had to turn around and tell their fanbase/paying audience that they screwed up so royally bad that they couldn't deliver on things in the fourth iteration of the game that had been included in previous generations. (Also don't even get me started on how SimGurus sound like they're throwing the rest of the animation/development team under the bus every time they say something can't be done...) And to think they would want to continue this game for a few more years only to present watered down content because of the aforementioned reason of not being capable of carrying out a task...the audacity.

It's going to be really interesting how they market TS5 next time, lol. I wonder will their own developers who are so proud of it right now, (and they should be, even in it's sorry bugged state, it's made millions and millions) will they put down TS4 like they have TS2 and especially TS3 and tell players no they shouldn't like those games anymore (TS4) because TS5 is the real deal. lol
    I can't wait to see how that all works out once the game is released and someone complains that TS5 doesn't have something TS4 does have, then listen to them (devs) put down TS4 and say things like we have never seen emotions like this before, or smarter Sims. lol It's going to be a hoot to watch the 180% turn around. Every reason they have defended TS4 now will be a bashing of TS4 after TS5 gets released. And the company will start to bad mouth their own product to get people to buy TS5. lol

And even funnier, I have no doubt players will also do a 180% turn and agree with devs for some odd reason of how poorly TS4 was executed and TS5 is the best game eva. lol But good thing we have print screen on some machines. lol I mean when they said TS2's emotions were not emotions (said we didn't have emotions) but they were good at selling that fiction; I have to wonder what the excuse will be next time. lol TS4's emotions were not real emotions? after beating that drum for years.

Honestly, I'm interested in the marketing too. What are they gonna try to sell us on next time? If it has anything to do with Sim personalities, I'd give a big judging eye because they've done that twice now. I need innovation innovation innovation.

Just a hunch: "TS5" will be the reboot of the series that TS4 was purported to be. Players will be told to prepare for anything, but expect nothing.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited January 2020
    With the amount of people I see wanting multi player in the sims, I fear EA are stupid enough to try another shot at it in the sims 5. I have no expectations for sims 5.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited January 2020
    -sees the new stuff pack and facepalms.- They could have easily added this to Discovering University...but...sometimes I am really wanting the urge to hit these gurus over the head with a guitar.

ALSO : Added this reply that I noticed...
    but, I worry that they put in that "knitting" ref. in this, which just kinda confirms my suspensions that the poll was rigged and knitting was gonna win regardless -shrug- I can't help but feel that way.

I felt the same way after seeing this new stuff pack. A lot of this stuff could have easily been added with DU. Gives me MFPS vibes all over again. Also the knit stuff definitely has me thinking that this community pack vote was rigged in some way. It's all a little to convenient for my liking.

Yeah, the Murphy bed literally came in the University pack with The Sims 3. Now, not even being discreet about it, they omitted the object from the same pack with TS4 and are releasing it in a separate $10 purchase right after DU dropped.

I’m not even disappointed. It’s just so routine and expected from The Sims 4 and Maxis to do this (again) over releasing good games. This is why I don’t purchase anything The Sims 4 anymore and support other well-deserving titles instead.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    With the amount of people I see wanting multi player in the sims, I fear EA are stupid enough to try another shot at it in the sims 5. I have no expectations for sims 5.

If they are gonna go that route, makke it a spinoff like TSO (miss that SO bad)...
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2020
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    -sees the new stuff pack and facepalms.- They could have easily added this to Discovering University...but...sometimes I am really wanting the urge to hit these gurus over the head with a guitar.

but, I worry that they put in that "knitting" ref. in this, which just kinda confirms my suspensions that the poll was rigged and knitting was gonna win regardless -shrug- I can't help but feel that way.

I felt the same way after seeing this new stuff pack. A lot of this stuff could have easily been added with DU. Gives me MFPS vibes all over again. Also the knit stuff definitely has me thinking that this community pack vote was rigged in some way. It's all a little to convenient for my liking.

Yeah, the Murphy bed literally came in the University pack with The Sims 3. Now, not even being discreet about it, they omitted the object from the same pack with TS4 and are releasing it in a separate $10 purchase right after DU dropped.

I’m not even disappointed. It’s just so routine and expected from The Sims 4 and Maxis to do this (again) over releasing good games. This is why I don’t purchase anything The Sims 4 anymore and support other well-deserving titles instead.
    I fear we’re just a voice crying in the wilderness. Someone on Twitter concerning the upcoming pack: IS THIS A DREAM? What kind of dream, I seriously don’t get it. It’s not what I’m dreaming about when I contemplate about this franchise, that’s for sure. But yeah, it will sell.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I can honestly say I am truly bored with this installation of the series now. I thought DU would bring me back into playing S4 for hours but that hasn't happened yet. I think I am officially done with the game for now. I have constantly gone back to Sims 2 which had much more personality and depth to it. I am not sure I want either the Knitting or the Tiny Homes SPs that are coming.
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    I am not sure I want either the Knitting or the Tiny Homes SPs that are coming.

I just wish that the teams would focus on making sure all the current content works before they release any new content.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I am not sure I want either the Knitting or the Tiny Homes SPs that are coming.

I just wish that the teams would focus on making sure all the current content works before they release any new content.

This. Every time they ignore bugs and drop another pack, they just add more bugs. Sure some get fixed along the way, but not near enough IMO.

I do understand that there will always be bugs to some degree, but some of the game breaking ones that seem to ship with packs? People find them on launch day, 10 minutes into their playtime and EA didn't ever see it before then? *hmmmm*
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited January 2020
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I fear we’re just a voice crying in the wilderness. Someone on Twitter concerning the upcoming pack: IS THIS A DREAM? What kind of dream, I seriously don’t get it. It’s not what I’m dreaming about when I contemplate about this franchise, that’s for sure. But yeah, it will sell.

Probably, which is why I've begun not frequenting the forums as much as I used to. There was also that whole instance where someone found an unnamed guru recently wrote that all forums are garbage right on his personal Twitter.

At this point, I've just accepted I've mistakenly given them more money than I should have for The Sims 4, but I'm happily not opening my wallet again until they return to their old values. Hopefully soon.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I had to Google the tiny home thing. I was not aware this was a trend. Then again I don't watch HGTV. I'm confused. Could you not build tiny houses before? What, besides the lot trait and Murphy bed, is new? Could these things not have been a part of Uni or even that knitting SP being voted on? Those are mostly rhetorical questions but I don't understand why they chose this theme to make and SP and right after Uni at that.

I'm surprised in that it's a new pack announcement and the theme I guess, but I don't quite understand what this brings to the table that it couldn't have been in Uni or the patch for Uni. Or even Island Living now that I think of it. This is what I mean by reevaluating how they do packs. It's not as odd (or bad) as the Cats & Dogs/MFP ordeal but it's raises some similar questions. This seems, in much the same way as C&D/MFP, to be a way to capitalize on something that could've been really useful in the most recent EP in the form of a seperate SP for more money.

I've seen some comment on how it's finally something new and there are still complaints but my thing is that it doesn't feel new. The theme name is new but many players have already pointed out that right now without the pack you can build a tiny house and have lower bill costs and good relationships, so is this just a $10 guide for players who have trouble doing that on their own with some extra furniture thrown in?
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Probably, which is why I've begun not frequenting the forums as much as I used to. There was also that whole instance where someone found an unnamed guru recently wrote that all forums are garbage right on his personal Twitter.

At this point, I've just accepted I've mistakenly given them more money than I should have for The Sims 4, but I'm happily not opening my wallet again until they return to their old values. Hopefully soon.
    Everything they say on Twitter is marketing, also this. I have this tiny hope that behind this rhetoric , meant to defend and sell their game (I actually appreciate they do, I’m the same where it comes to my job; whatever I tweet, it was all inspiring and innovative and absolutely great), they do pick up things for a future game, if there is one. EA or any other person/company interested in developing a game like this. They must realize by now the way they implemented emotions wasn’t the brightest idea.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

A nightmare more like. Can’t believe people are willingly okay with being sold less content slapped with the ‘tiny’ label, I mean, how pathetic can one get?

Honestly I’m no longer surprised, or disappointed or anything any more. I’m so over this game. I haven’t touched a sims game since DU, I was gifted it an installed, played for like an hour and ended up on a phone call completely forgetting it was still running on my laptop. I shut it off when I went to bed without even saving.

This franchise is dead to me. I jumped ship to paralives and never felt better. Happy to wait 10years for that game just on principle alone, and to stick one on EA. Ha!

—T
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »

A nightmare more like. Can’t believe people are willingly okay with being sold less content slapped with the ‘tiny’ label, I mean, how pathetic can one get?

Honestly I’m no longer surprised, or disappointed or anything any more. I’m so over this game. I haven’t touched a sims game since DU, I was gifted it an installed, played for like an hour and ended up on a phone call completely forgetting it was still running on my laptop. I shut it off when I went to bed without even saving.

This franchise is dead to me. I jumped ship to paralives and never felt better. Happy to wait 10years for that game just on principle alone, and to stick one on EA. Ha!

—T
    On top of it all, I hear the pack doesn’t come with spiral stairs or ladders. Nor bunk beds. Would have been perfect in a living tiny pack I’d say. I’m sure players will get those eventually though. Kaching.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Is this Murphy bed part of the new and exciting and surprises they had planned for 2020. They are the ones that claimed the big packs being finished they could now start doing the things they want to do. Milking the public? When this object would have fit CL and or DU. That pet stuff pack looks like it's now the status quo.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Is this Murphy bed part of the new and exciting and surprises they had planned for 2020. They are the ones that claimed the big packs being finished they could now start doing the things they want to do. Milking the public? When this object would have fit CL and or DU. That pet stuff pack looks like it's now the status quo.

My very first toughts when I saw the trailer!
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    edited January 2020
    This last anouncement resumes The Sims 4! This is like every other single Stuff Pack...

Bowling Night, Spooky, Laundry, Backyard, Kids Room, Toddlers, etc... every single pack is made by one, two or three objects that used to be part of expansions in the past incorporated in a theme of ordinary objects and cas items for 10 dollars!

And then people complained about The Sims 2 or The Sims 3 Store? At least there it was theme packs where we can choose objects individually if we don't want everything!

Its ridiculous and then theres always the game changers that will be "critics" for a minute but "with much kindness" and in the next second all of them are exciting and making a big deal about a pack with a bed and varients of things the game already have, or pushing up voters to make a granny inspired stuff pack...
    At this point EA can do a toilet stuff pack with 20 variations, charge 20 dollars and it will be successeful anyway...

This franchise is death! Its over! It keeps going because this time is the company that owns the blind fans and not like SimCity that fans turned down to the company. The Sims is officially a joke!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I can't believe they are able to promote what people already do in game (build tiny homes) and make money on it. ROFL. They are literally selling an idea to the public. Not much content in there, just an idea, which, hello, Maxis there has been a tiny house challenge been going on here for five years. lol So, technically, people are buying an idea they have already been doing for five+ years. Remarkable.

It's not like TS4's object footprints would need reduced from three tile or two tile down to one tile footprint. Where this pack would be absolutely necessary> So, it's been extremely easy to build a tiny home in TS4 since day one. Unlike some of the older games which normally used two- tile objects. It's like instead of building a pack that would bring people out of the doldrums they sell back an idea to the public which the public has already been doing. And take credit for what players already do. ahahahaha. Ludicrous.

I guess I'm the only one that sees the irony. :o

ETA: Also the object to hold a TV and some books...wouldn't it have been more space saving just to use the TV already in game on wall, and a wall book case, already on wall? I can't believe people are going to fall for this one. It's an idea of what they already do, sometimes for a challenge sometimes for the fun of it. I'm sorry, this one seems like "we are out ideas and next we will try to sell to you, a new pack, called Build A Bar. My feedback: This amateur builder is not impressed.
    I'm expecting another stuff pack called, Watch Your Sim 'Make A Bed!' Another named Take Out The Trash! but you've never seen cans like this before!, lol...seriously it's stuff we already do....where is the innovation Maxis? You are going to collect money on what players already do in game, I can't even.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I totally agree Cinebar. I heard a game changer say in their reaction that this was a great pack for builders and something new to the game. My eyes rolled so hard I saw the back of my head. How anyone connected to this game can say that with a straight face. Tiny home builds aren’t new. A lot trait doesn’t make it so.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

—T
    On top of it all, I hear the pack doesn’t come with spiral stairs or ladders. Nor bunk beds. Would have been perfect in a living tiny pack I’d say. I’m sure players will get those eventually though. Kaching.

I know, I saw! What did it even more for me was the guru on twitter moaning about how he doesn’t think people realise how hard bunk beds are to put in, I mean, correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t modders already do this like, 2/3 years ago?

Please don’t insult my intelligence. I don’t think HE realises that there are other people outside the fantabulous sims team that make games and know exactly how easy it would be to add bunk beds. They honestly do just think we’re stupid.

Well, no more. I’ll never buy a sims game ever again. I’m done. And with the sad news about Reggie (Writing_Reg) this place just doesn’t feel the same any more. It feels cold.

—T
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

I know, I saw! What did it even more for me was the guru on twitter moaning about how he doesn’t think people realise how hard bunk beds are to put in, I mean, correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t modders already do this like, 2/3 years ago?

Please don’t insult my intelligence. I don’t think HE realises that there are other people outside the fantabulous sims team that make games and know exactly how easy it would be to add bunk beds. They honestly do just think we’re stupid.

Well, no more. I’ll never buy a sims game ever again. I’m done. And with the sad news about Reggie (Writing_Reg) this place just doesn’t feel the same any more. It feels cold.

—T

I hope that you don't mind. Please check your private messages.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Another yawn for today. Sorry, I haven't updated this thread much. Had the flu this week. Feel some better now, a little. But while I was able to sit up and see what's new on here, I see another upcoming Yawn pack. Possible Winter Vacation pack, or at least included in some recent survey. Maxis has forgotten a number one rule in business, 'You have to strike the Iron while it's Hot.' I think, Maxis, any winter vacation pack would have been more welcomed before Simmers got snow in Seasons? What did ya think? You know closer to the year OR was released when people were begging for vacation GPs....that's not really what they are waiting on anymore now is it? No, they are still hanging on for dear life to see you improve the Sim personality, and free babies. Anything else is a meh, but you are right they will buy it anyway. But again the reputation of TS4 is just all willy nilly, upside down, through the looking glass sort of strategy. Winter vacation packs probably should have been developed before they already got other sporting fun items, before weather, before you make them own Seasons before they can have snow in a vacation world, you know before you decided to no longer hide how much you don't mind milking. Another WB world? European Alps? again? really? Another OR world covered in snow, again? really? What will be the $10 object to cover the already presented type snow world, repeated, maybe a new fireplace? I wouldn't doubt it. :o Guess you found out how easy it would be to take the scooting animation of the bike in DU and just change the mesh to a snowboard and use the same animation just to skoot the board up a ramp and up or down stairs. Cheap and we know we can rely on them reusing already existing assets such as snow.... is what we can expect for the next five years.

While I'm here I will just mention vacation world problems. Why would we buy another pack where the invited guests still run off and go back home, and or don't stick with the Sim while in that world? The only think that might work correctly in the vacation worlds are the controlled Sims being under the thumb of the player. It's been 5+years and to my knowledge OR still suffers from guests going back home and or being off somewhere else when our Sim tried to find them. I'm going to bet money this is still a problem isn't it? C'mon we know it is.

But hey kids! buy another pack with 'snow' (which you already own in Seasons) and send your Sim on vacation to watch the other Sim leave!! Only $40!
    Buy another look alike world of WB or OR or some other world with backdrops removed and replaced (repeat of world types) build a snowpal! pay again for winter activities we didn't bother including in Seasons because we wouldn't have been able to milk you for the winter pack if we had included skis or snowboard etc. Oh, even if we did include any of that in Seasons we made a new one, bigger, different color like we did of that object in one of the packs that you guys bought again (photo shoot thingy) but have forgotten you already had one of those objects.....And don't forget we will soon have that Build A Bar pack sometime in the future. We know how much you guys love repeated assets, animations and repetive gameplay! You really didn't want romance chemistry or slow dance now did you? Or cars? No! you want anothr chance to see snow!
    Post edited by Cinebar on
  • Options
    Another yawn for today. Sorry, I haven't updated this thread much. Had the flu this week. Feel some better now, a little. But while I was able to sit up and see what's new on here, I see another upcoming Yawn pack. Possible Winter Vacation pack, or at least included in some recent survey. Maxis has forgotten a number one rule in business, 'You have to strike the Iron while it's Hot.' I think, Maxis, any winter vacation pack would have been more welcomed before Simmers got snow in Seasons? What did ya think? You know closer to the year OR was released when people were begging for vacation GPs....that's not really what they are waiting on anymore now is it? No, they are still hanging on for dear life to see you improve the Sim personality, and free babies. Anything else is a meh, but you are right they will buy it anyway. But again the reputation of TS4 is just all willy nilly, upside down, through the looking glass sort of strategy. Winter vacation packs probably should have been developed before they already got other sporting fun items, before weather, before you make them own Seasons before they can have snow in a vacation world, you know before you decided to no longer hide how much you don't mind milking. Another WB world? European Alps? again? really? Another OR world covered in snow, again? really? What will be the $10 object to cover the already presented type snow world, repeated, maybe a new fireplace? I wouldn't doubt it. :o Guess you found out how easy it would be to take the scooting animation of the bike in DU and just change the mesh to a snowboard and use the same animation just to skoot the board up a ramp and up or down stairs. Cheap and we know we can rely on them reusing already existing assets such as snow.... is what we can expect for the next five years.

Really makes you wish they'd just go on to TS5...this game is so painfully boring that it's like ripping a tooth that will never come out that needs to come out.
  • Options
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    When even Paralives and non-Sim-related games seem more interesting than Sims 4, that's how bad it is. Sims 4 still needs a serious overhaul.

I know right?! Paralives is looking SO good, didn't you see the Christmas video how they put names on stockings and even could change the SIZE of the christmas presents?!??!
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Paralives does have my attention more than The Sims at the moment I'll admit. I look it up every few days to a week to see if there's anything new about it.

On the topic of The Sims, I didn't click done on the survey. I just wanted to read through it first. Some of the ideas sound generally interesting though I did note they stressed the word potential before the survey got started so of course some of the changes wanted may never come.

Some of the suggestions I liked or even loved (shared experiences, relationship tone, shared personal history, more relationship types, define lifestyle, go on an outing and more), but with some of them clearly what I'm thinking of and what they're thinking of don't quite match up based on the descriptions they give after the bold print. Then also I'd read them and before I'd get too excited I'd think 'picture them implementing them in the game' and think :confounded: 'Nah...'

If I vote based on what I want to see a number of them get high scores but my mind always went to how they would do it and what will the final product would look like and that would lead to things I'd vote a 7 or higher on getting a 5 or lower and it makes me unsure how to vote. Like if I could give my honest response then they put a little box down there for further comment so I can go into detail about why would've been great lol.

It's sad to say but I don't trust them to do these things justice. It's the game of missed opportunities and potential if only. I want these things, it's just that in this iteration can it be done well? If this were to get ideas for The Sims 5 I'd feel slightly more comfortable answering based on enthusiasm because at least they're starting over from scratch.

Also, the which EPs/GPs would we like to see have some extra polish or additional development (you could only select 3 in total) had me wondering if those will be in the form of another pack if gone through with. Seasons would be one of my selected ones so reading all those ideas for winter... :expressionless: Resorts, mountain climbing, ice fishing, all those winter activities and more for different types of climates could've gone into beefing up the Seasons pack and so could vacations and get aways with a few out of town getaways for sims to choose from based on each season. Or just have a Vacation pack on its own that provides mutiple vacation destinations.

I think the only questions I didn't immediately overthink on were what would make it easier to create the sims you want, what brands do you want The Sims to work with and how satisfied are you with the game. All that being said though I did like this survey better than the last ones they gave us. I just wish we were allowed to give the reason why or go into detail rather than just leaving them to assume based off how we rate or what we choose.
    KqGXVAC.jpg