Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• Options
    KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    Sorry for double posting but I didn't want to thank @Mmdrgntobldrgn for my wonderful gift on my gifting post! :D
    I love the park! I have been needed lots to send my sims out to because they tend to be homebodies like me lol!
    Thank you so much! :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @GraceyManor I am very glad that you liked the venues that I created for your sims and for you to create great romantic stories! For me a special place to get together, have a good meal and dessert have a way of making any date really special! Of course, if I am on a date with a truly wonderful man, even a park bench is great place to just talk and get to know each other better! :) The park has many activities for your Sims, roller skating during the day and a dance floor with music gazebo for a special night under the stars! Enjoy!
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Ever feel like you were on a merry go-round?
    The site via Firefox is down so I'm back in IE again.

Off to check the thread and see what I've missed. I know I saw a few goodies that need close inspections.
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @LMC6255 : Lonely Hearts Restaurant, Sweet Date Cafe, and Lonely Hearts Park - all custard checked and CC free.

I really love all three. What nice romantic venues for two Sims to fall in love in!
  • Options
    @Kesminlilx : Kringle Christmas Tree Lot Custard checked and CC free. :innocent:

I always love Christmas venues, even in July. :) That's just me: It's my favorite holiday. I noticed the photo booth. Is it a festival lot? And a pond for fishing. I love having my Sims fish! It's a good way to get one or two out of the way while focusing on another. At least you know that Sim won't get in trouble, and you'll get something out of it as well! Even if you didn't put any spawners in, we can always do that ourselves. :cookie:
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Just wanted to mention to everyone who is having problems: I use Chrome exclusively (haven't been able to get Firefox to run at all - I get a dll error which I can't find ANY mention of ANYWHERE online, and it refuses to be fixed, even if I try an uninstall and reinstall; and I really, really hate Edge, so only use that in dire emergencies), but I have an ad blocker, and that may be why I'm not having any problems.

I'll also look through my other Chrome extensions. It may be that one of them is preventing the problems you guys are encountering. Hm... I also have some web development extensions installed; I wonder if those might be smoothing things for me as well?

Edit: OK, two possible extensions that might be helping for me: "Fair AdBlocker", and "Photobucket Embedded Image Fix". I have other extensions, but none of them seem likely to be what's fixing it for me.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited December 2019
    @LMC6255
    I couldn't wait to get started on a story
    https://paradiseboundsims.weebly.com/chapter-1

Edit: I have adblocker installed because I can't stand the ads.
  • Options
    @suzses
    {in a George Takei voice} Oh my!
    I see a family sad and in need of TLC … I see three interesting gals … I see two intriguing guys. 3 gals, 3 guys … seems like a trip on the Love Boat a la Sims is needed!!! See where I am going with this :wink:
  • Options
    @LMC6255
    Lovely to see love in the air! Literally at the Lonely Hearts Park … such a neat idea. The Lonely Hearts Restaurant is warm and cozy with all the wood making me think of a cabin (which is quite romantic!) and I can't imagine a Sim being lonely there for very long. A Sweet Date Bakery is a cute name for this cute place. LOVE the flower covered pergola.
  • Options
    @Kesminlix
    The Kringle Christmas Tree Farm is a fun idea! LOVE the various activities you placed on this lot and it definitely invokes the feel good holiday spirit as seen in Hallmark movies (I need to take time and watch some since Mr Addy got Hallmark Now for my daughter & me!).
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited December 2019
    Kesminlix wrote: »
    Hi all! I bet by now you could probably guess that my buddy is the darling @Jessabeans !

Dear Jessabeans,
    My apologies for not gifting on the first day. I wanted to give you the big gift yesterday, but unfortunately, the elves have informed me that there was an incident yesterday. Something with llamas and wrapping paper. :D Anyway, I did not want you to go gift-less until I have cleaned things up so here is GIFT #1
    ERSIdJh.jpg
    Welcome to the Kringle Christmas Tree Farm! Nestled in the foothills of the Hidden Springs Mountains is a small, family-owned and run Christmas tree farm! Families come from all over Hidden Springs to pick out their Christmas trees as well as enjoy various winter activities. These activities include ice skating on the large pond, roasting marshmallows and singing carols around the firepit, as well as enjoying many seasonal drinks such as hot cocoa. Not the outdoorsy type? The cold actually bothers you anyway? No worries! Take a step inside the lodge where you can warm up and enjoy a nice pastry or two. There are comfortable couches to sit on where reminiscing is encouraged! So stop by the Kringle Christmas Tree Farm this holiday season!

Now... for some previews!
    MWzlRcQ.jpg
    nMYMxW5.jpg

(I will confess... I may have been watching one too many Hallmark Christmas movies while making this gift! :D )

I am sorry to make this so short but I'm rubbish and typing on my phone and I can't access the forums on my computer right now. It fits in Hidden Springs perfectly. My sim had a great time trying it out, and I think it will be a holiday staple in my game. Thank you so much! https://jessabeansims.tumblr.com/post/189444607664/kringletreefarm

f39a43492df006b2f75d497c18123a764296f289.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @ADWilson
    Aww, what a cute little house! Another treasure to add to my game.
    Sad to hear the farm burned down, but glad to see the house still stood.
    Hmm, maybe Sam Pearson..my brain's already running with ideas LOL
  • Options
    Thanks @GraceyManor :)
    Your wanting to do something with Sam Pearson makes me smile. Glad you like the house, too.
  • Options
    What a cute little house! I know it was made in Sunset Valley, but it would also work well in Riverview, I think. 20x30 will fit practically everywhere, too! A nice well-rounded house for almost any family. :)
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited December 2019
    @Kesminlix Uh oh, llamas and wrapping paper can't be a good thing! :D Love the idea of a Christmas tree farm - well, *your* Christmas tree farm specifically. It's darling and looks fun. Hmm . . . I have a certain multi-generational family with entrepreneurial tendencies that needs something new to own and operate.

@LMC6255 Wow, three community lots all at once, that all work nicely together. What a great gift! It will be next to impossible for Ginger and Henry to miss out on meeting each other with so many nice places to visit. My sims like to go to these sorts of lots (or maybe it's me who likes them :D ). I love them all, but I think the park is my favorite. Great job on the bridge, and I like the little tower.

@ADWilson Thank you so much for the lovely gift! I love a nice farm house, and I love how you've laid this one out, and it's nice and homey. Hmm, Sam Pearson could be interesting, so could those mentioned nooks and crannies ;) not to mention perfect heirloom plants that could be "borrowed" if one went to visit. heehee

On the browser stuff, I usually have a few browsers on my computer. Not sure why, but I never got around to adding Firefox on this one. I put an adblocker on whatever ones I use, and if that's not possible (couldn't find one for Edge for maybe the first year it was around), then I don't use it. Recently, I picked up the Brave browser, which has a built in adblocker and doesn't track, and have been favoring it over my others, so I was surprised today when it started throwing up the same warnings on this site that Chrome was apparently doing. When I checked out the "details" on the warning, I was even more surprised when it mentioned "Google Safe Browsing" detecting phishing on the site. What does Google have to do with Brave, I wonder? I clicked through and came by anyway earlier, figuring I just wouldn't click any links out of here for the time being. For now, I'm just using Edge, which I also am not that crazy about, to come here. This isn't the first time I've seen a warning for this site, but it's been fleeting in the past, whereas this one is pretty persistent. The adblocker I have on Chrome is Adblock Plus, and I was getting the warning there earlier, too, but I just checked and it's gone there now - not gone on Brave, though.

Shh, don't mention that I'm here in the middle of the night again. :D This week, I've been falling asleep really early (because I haven't been sleeping long enough in general), and then I wake up in the middle of the night, which of course leads to simming, and then I'm up till maybe 6 AM when I decide to catch a few more hours of sleep. Good thing I don't have to go to the office anymore. LOL
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @MiaSkywalker
    Thank you. :) I used one of my favorite lots to build on, figuring others could place it wherever they'd like since the lot size will fit practically anywhere (like you mentioned) and was well within sizing of what the Buddies collectively wanted.

@suzses
    Thank you. :) Having you mention the layout and homey feel means a lot to me as you know you're one of the builders I admire. Yes ... a few things are interesting to the curious homeowner and noisy neighbor visitor. :wink:

Browser stuff: Firefox is my preferred browser but it's now not working for the Sims forum. I thought I would check Chrome since hubby prefers that one ... get the red screen telling me that the forums is a DANGEROUS site ... both IE and Edge work without any issue. I also use Adblock Plus but am still having issues so like you, am using Edge for this even though it's not my preferred. Guess I will just use this one for Sims and carry on like normal for everything else.

Shhh: I won't bring it up if you won't. Up earlier than the time of this posting but not going to mention how early ... not happy about this, my bed is warm and comfy but my body insists I leave it so as to not wake Mr Addy ... at least there is this thing called a nap, thank goodness! I need as many as I can get at this rate. Been "running" on a whacked-out sleep schedule for almost a week now. When the crash happens, it won't be pretty but oh so needed!!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    The good part about being up is that I *finally* had a chance to go play with Leo and Rafe and check out The House on the Green. Thank you again @SamelaRita for this wonderful gift!

I've placed them over on the other side of town from the Fairweathers, in an area where I thought the house fit in well. (I kind of have town divided into a few different types of areas), and nearby is a little farm-to-table type restaurant that I hadn't really been remembering I put over there. I had been pondering how I wanted to approach things with Leo, and I think I know exactly now. For the time being, I will put him in the gardener career, have him work on his cooking skill (along with his savings), and then have him buy the restaurant. I didn't really want to stick him in a restaurant job, and now I don't have to. :p Right at the moment, he's pulling a lot of weeds and sneaking off to frolic in a sprinkler whenever I'm not looking. Things with Rafe are much simpler. I sent him straight away to City Hall to register as a self-employed sculptor and then home to start sculpting. He very much appreciates having his own sculpting studio all set up.

I do love The House on the Green. Again, the gardens are so pretty with all the enchanting flowers along the picket fence (I noticed them right away when the Fairweathers were standing in front of the house the other day) and the relaxing sitting area - I'd like to spend some time there! Indoors there's a lot to like, too. The built-in bookcases flanking the fireplace are a nice touch, and the dining room is very appealing to me with its white paneling and pretty green.

I think the fellas are going to be very happy with their new lives away from all the stress and hustle and bustle.

Decision: These two families are going in a separate save of my town so I can just spend some time concentrating on them - I see lots of playability here! - and not worry about anyone else (I'm one to switch around to different households). I see lots of fun ahead. <3

Edited to add: I fully intended to grab a few pictures to share but got distracted with Leo and Rafe :D I will try to get some soon.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    {sipping hot tea} Mmmm
    Contemplating making soup for tonight's dinner. It's 40F / 4.444C outside so soup sounds good. Real good!

It's so strange seeing the thread quiet. I think everyone is playing with their new toys. :smiley:
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Bare with me as I try to use Edge to copy in picture links. It doesn't give the same codes when you right click on something! I dont' have "copy image location" as an option! Okay, I think I got it. I did the "view code" option and then copied and pasted the picture info. Then I added the img codes.

@Rflong7 – Hello, again buddy! Are you wondering what I made for you today? I saw this picture on the internet, and was quite intrigued with a round house with a loft and gorgeous woodwork ceiling.
    dome_home_photos.jpg
    Of course, a round house isn’t really an option; so it ended up octagonal, but I still called it the round house. ;P It seems like a nice place with room for company. I added a basement with a “real” bathroom and room for kids and laundry.

Gift#4 is here:
    roof_up_large.jpg
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351467

I created a lot for it next to the school in Riverview, which is why this ended up being a kid-friendly build, rather than a party pad.
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited December 2019
    ADWilson wrote: »
    {sipping hot tea} Mmmm
    Contemplating making soup for tonight's dinner. It's 40F / 4.444C outside so soup sounds good. Real good!

It's so strange seeing the thread quiet. I think everyone is playing with their new toys. :smiley:

@ADWilson or being out and about enjoying the cool weather!! Remember I live in Florida and cold weather is a luxury I don't always get to enjoy! Soup definitely is a supberb choice!! I will be having some as well today!! Of course, I will be enjoying my new toys later today!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I was looking at stuff through a really wonky view with Firefox, so today I’m using Edge to see the normal formatting.

@suzses – All of your sims are awesome; but like Mia I am drawn to the Valdez family the most. I do plan to see if I can play a round robin style of play and manage to get them all together as friends with at least one romance among them.

@LMC6255 – I love the Sweet Dates name for the Bakery and imagine cooking with dates as a sweetener instead of sugar or honey. I too think it’s great that you have offered so many options as places for the pair to meet and get to know each other.

@Kesminlix – It’s awesome having you here as part of the gift exchange and I am enjoying your wonderful creative flair. A tree farm! What a great idea and executed brilliantly. I love it!

@GracyManor – I am loving your story! (I love stories!!!) Yours is awesome!

@Jessabeans – Loved the pics you shared. It really helps bring the lot to life!

@ADWilson – I knew it wouldn’t be a gift exchange without a build contribution from you. You know it’s perfectly okay for you to just do what you do, encouraging, advising, fact-finding, etc. BUT, we sure do enjoy your extra gifts as well. I love the fact that sims can drop by and get some perfect plants. I don’t plan to recreate Sam, as I have someone else in mind to move in there.

And I think I’m caught up with the thread, though I can say that @SamelaRita has some awesome sims and story waiting for when she does get on the forums!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Options
    @ciane Your gift has been checked and is CC free. :)

Your gift shows a clever use of space and will be enjoyed by the Sims living there whether the shape matches the name or not. I mean after all, it's a good conversation starter. :wink:

Thank you! You know me all too well, hee hee
    It was hard not to contribute to the lovely, lively conversations y'all had during the creating process. I talked with other SimFriends offsite so that helped.

Oh ... ? I would enjoy seeing who you have in mind to live there. No rush, no pressure.

I eagerly and patiently wait for "rest of the story" from @SamelaRita :* What was uploaded to her studio is as intriguing as her other gifts!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    The site isn't working right on my Firefox. It quit right after I posted yesterday. I'm using IE now. TS3 site is working okay for me. :)
    I've cleaned caches, restarted... IE is so clunky and I don't like it. I do have adblock on FF and I go through DuckDuck.
    Oh, well. I'll just play with my Awesome, Round Lot! It's Fabulous @ciane . It's deceptively large. I'm going to go play with this one now. I love it! It's so cute and unique. :heart::mrgreen::cookie:

I hope you can forgive me for being late with pictures from tomorrow. I waited for Firefox to bring the site back. :(
    Oh, well. I'm going to try this :)
    I place the water tower way on the hill.
    MnPymNO.jpg

We went looking around at everything!
    8syAaZB.jpg

Poor thing is clumsy. :lol:
    Jkmt0il.jpg

"If you're not a real llama I don't want you here! This is my secret lair. Shoo"
    QVny4uQ.jpg

She had to run to town and buy a few things. The view running back.
    2q15bVs.jpg

She got hungry..
    qUlhtw2.jpg

The fruit was turned into some bad Nectar. No one try it. :open_mouth:
    TaTRAO6.jpg

By that time she was plum tuckered and went to bed. I have actually never used the Murphy bed so thank you! I love learning things. :)
    sbDA8pQ.jpg

The tree was Awesome! :lol:
    Hx29HY7.jpg

@LMC6255 Those are the Perfect places for the two Sims to meet ~ You whole gift package idea is Wonderful! :mrgreen:

@Kesminlix Aw, a Christmas tree farm! It's adorable. Sweet - They can ice skate there, too. :mrgreen:

@suzses Love them - they're all different which will make them fun to play and they're adorable.

@ADWilson Love it~ It's so quaint and adorable, and just the right size to travel to any world! :cookie:

I hope everyone put their name in the description because I'll have all the gifts for years to come and I don't want to forget who did what. I dislike my pitiful memory skills. :)

• Options
    edited December 2019
    @ADWilson , and/or anyone who hasn't been following on My Pages, SamelaRita can't (or couldn't) get on the forum, and I think that's either the case with others or they're afraid to with the warnings. Being an early bird (or maybe it was a night owl) was an advantage for me this morning, because she messaged and asked if I'd like to have them, and you know, I had to say yes. :D I won't steal her thunder and post the links, but there's a chapter for another household on her blog, and the three uploads again for a third household and the other property the Fairweathers mentioned renting in her studio.

Edited to add: And I'm now awake enough to see this isn't news to anyone who's out and about this morning. :D
    Post edited by suzses on
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top