Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    Was trying to upload some images but failed spectacularly. Will have to wait until the techno-help is out of the garage!

@SamelaRita No intention of spoiling the surprise, but do any of those uploads contain the counters from the storybook set?

Images (pictures) shouldn't be affected by content. B)

On a separate note, almost done getting pictures retaken. Would have been done sooner ... might have tweaked a few things during the process o:)

I thought you were referring to your lot uploads.. You are right!
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @Rflong7 Your gift (the empty version of the world) has been checked and is CC free. :)
    Like before, I installed and took a look. Nothing unexpected shows up.

Gifting an empty version is perfect for those who love to build! What a thoughtful gift.
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @LMC6255 Oh, I do like Henry, and I think he'll make a great prince for Ginger. His papa gave him some very good advice. I like that you placed his home in your Renaissance Gardens and the lot name, Henry's Hopeful Abode, is perfect. I'll have to agree with ciane about the dining spot inside the bay window being a favorite.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @ciane :D That was a very quick move and pragmatic for Ginger Billie. (Sorry, I guess I'm having trouble keeping track of who's who. :p )
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @suzses Your gift has been checked and is CC free. :)

Lupin Lane Townhome Apartments is such a cheery place! Love the exterior colors and individual decks in back. The interior of the playable apartment is cozy and charming, filled with comfortable furnishings and decor. Sims will enjoy living here, whether they own ... rent a room ... or house a small family.
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited December 2019
    Dear Buddy,
    I've finally got gift number one presentable with updated pictures. It was ready before today, but well then I tweaked a few things and suddenly nothing matched the pictures, so I had to get a whole new set of pictures for the gift. ;)

Buddy you are @Kesminlix
    For gift #1 I present you with a small (20x30) park with and without a fence.
    The full walk through is available at >>> http://mamadragonssims.weebly.com/dragon-builds--build-stories/juniper-farm-park
    Juniper Farm Park - no cc
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351138
    Spring
    screenshot-196_13_orig.jpg
    Summer
    screenshot_40_orig.jpg
    Fall
    screenshot-80_16_orig.jpg
    Winter
    screenshot-123_21_orig.jpg
    The park was originally built in Great Bear, and then moved to Sunset Valley for further testing.

There is a fenced version of the park available here.
    The reason for the fenced option:
    screenshot-184_12_orig.jpg
    I had to replace some of the plants (not pictured) before moving the lot out of Great Bear. Those deer get very hungry and will even eat certain specialty plants.
    Ps, it is not set as a festival lot so it changes at 3 am on the first full day of the new season.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    @LMC6255 Your gifts have been checked and are CC free. :)

Henry is handsome and his humble, hopeful home is perfect for an adventurous Sim like himself! Hopefully, he learned the lesson his father tried teaching him and won't be a lonely hearts for long.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @SamelaRita Thank you :mrgreen:

@Hidehi :mrgreen: I know what you can build. If you get inspired during the season, it's there for you. :cookie:

@suzses So Colorful and really fits into Aurora Skies. :mrgreen:

@Jessabeans Looks nice there!

@ADWilson Thank you. :mrgreen::cookie:

@LMC6255 Henry has had it hard in his life. I bet he'll make a sweet Prince Charming. :heart:
    A quaint house. I wonder which house the couple will live in later. :mrgreen:

@ciane It must be fate if she meets the perfect Sim. :smiley:
    I've been busy making (adjusting) my Sim to play in my two gifts. I decided they'd fit in Pangaea. That way I could switch between them. :)
    The Cave fit very well in the old Volcano.
    554vKgu.jpg

She stayed in learning to cook and cooking.
    xJ48WJ2.jpg

There was a crashing sound outside which scared my Sim so much she didn't even want to see what it was...
    qrKonPI.jpg

When it got late, she decided to kick the thing. . . Which really could be an interesting story of Past and Future turmoil!
    ynBmnga.jpg

I switched while she was sleeping...
    The Pixelated Legos fits in quite nicely. :mrgreen:
    vVAXTWy.jpg

I love the garden on the Balcony!
    rV5EQO2.jpg

While she cooked something to eat, I had him do laundry. :lol:
    PzH51xF.jpg

Late night snack and checking out some views.
    rWcZO67.jpg
    They're going to go make some friends so I can check it out with parties. It's been a while since I had Sim parties. :mrgreen:

• Options
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn That's a sweet little festival lot and perfect for Great Bear. Sometimes I'm looking for a park on the smaller side, and I'll definitely keep it in mind (probably the fenced version, because yes, I have experience with those deer!).
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2019
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn - So you don't have to label it a fest lot to have the seasonal markers work?! I wonder if I've kept the park designation or always change them to fest lots. It's good not to lose a day to set up! And it's always awesome to have a smaller fest lot! Great idea and awesome execution!

Woot, @Rflong7 - it's awesome knowing that you have already placed the lots and moved sims in. I love the pics you've shared. I hope the party goes well!
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn - So you don't have to label it a fest lot to have the seasonal markers work?! I wonder if I've kept the park designation or always change them to fest lots. It's good not to lose a day to set up! And it's always awesome to have a smaller fest lot! Great idea and awesome execution!

Woot, @Rflong7 - it's awesome knowing that you have already placed the lots and moved sims in. I love the pics you've shared. I hope the party goes well!

Nope, festival mode is optional as is the day of construction mode. If you peak way back to the depths of my studio I've used the seasonal marker before on a diner build. While some items will respawn on the lot as the season turn, other items such as plants once destroyed don't come back. B)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Your gift has been checked and is CC free. :)

Juniper Farm Park makes perfect use of a smaller space! Good to know that lots don't need the festival designation in order to have seasonal activities year-round. LOVE the variety of activities and their placement for each season.

Good idea to provide a fenced-in version so pesky deer and other animals leave the plants alone!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2019
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Oops, I missed your gift. It's so precious! I love the little park, it's got all we need in a compact space- Wonderful! :mrgreen:

*time to cook and maybe... maybe do a few chores to set up the week. :hugz: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn: I like Juniper Farm Park. Yes, a fenced in area is good. Especailly those pesky deer and zombies.

@ciane: OOO, a man cave. Totally need to download that.

@suzses: Love the townhouse.

@Rflong7: Awesome.

@GraceyManor: I love the UFO Welcome Center and The Davilla Family.

@LMC6255: Henry is sweet. Hope he gets to meet his princess.

@SamelaRita: Hello

@Kesminlix: Hello

@60smusicluvr: Cute sim and horse. Applejax is adorable.

@Jessabeans: Hello

@ADWilson: Hello

@Hidehi: Cute family and awesome rundown home

@all: Awesome gifts

:) Smile!

• Options
    Attention Buddies:

Some of you are sharing screenshots showing the fun you're having with your gift!
    <3 this ... what a beautiful way to "say" thank you.
    To those who haven't done this, please consider doing so!
  • Options
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn: I like Juniper Farm Park. Yes, a fenced in area is good. Especailly those pesky deer and zombies.

@ciane: OOO, a man cave. Totally need to download that.

@suzses: Love the townhouse.

@Rflong7: Awesome.

@GraceyManor: I love the UFO Welcome Center and The Davilla Family.

@LMC6255: Henry is sweet. Hope he gets to meet his princess.

@SamelaRita: Hello

@Kesminlix: Hello

@60smusicluvr: Cute sim and horse. Applejax is adorable.

@Jessabeans: Hello

@ADWilson: Hello

@Hidehi: Cute family and awesome rundown home

@all: Awesome gifts

And now I realize that I completely forgot to turn on the moon phases and test for zombies, oops. :(

@ADWilson while my gift from Puddinroy is downloaded, it's not installed yet so that I focus on the other build which is completely rebuilt, several rooms are 100% back in order & casted again, which leaves about 50% to put back in order. So the rest of today is going to be spent focusing on that project.

@suzses , @ciane , @ADWilson , @Rflong7 , and @Puddinroy thank you, I hope my buddy enjoys it too.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Juniper Farm Park is lovey! I adore the way you set everything up! It is charming! I look forward to seeing this beautiful park in game!! <3
  • Options
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Attention Buddies:

Some of you are sharing screenshots showing the fun you're having with your gift!
    <3 this ... what a beautiful way to "say" thank you.
    To those who haven't done this, please consider doing so!

I love that idea! Just give me a couple of days so I can get some really good screen shots!! I look forward to seeing all these beautiful lots and Sims in game!! ;)
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    Jessabeans Gift #2 for @60smusicluvr

Hi Buddy, I've always admired how interesting your builds are. I never know where to look, there is always so much going on in them. I usually take a more minimalistic approach but I thought it would be fun to try and build something for you, closer to your style. This started out as a steampunk santa's workshop but slowly it blobbed and globbed back into it's current state. I like to think it's somewhere in between? Either way, it's been fun for me to make and hopefully you will like it too.

Additional pictures here: https://jessabeansims.tumblr.com/post/189420233409/workshop

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351179

Santa's Workshop a 40x40 Hangout
    Toy workshop and toyshop themed bakery. With a cafe and restrooms downstairs, and a workshop and play area upstairs. The third floor is where the elves and santa live. I used gnomes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

58ebfb06cc98a3e2c3781d5c6483a4e79ae3c150.jpg

79bc8ba41e747b99df654e918c957b3a006af07b.jpg

8b2220502f8dce272e614fd0a11e7e7c726620dc.jpg

a6076c5e908a719fd9a070da317bc1af4882e2db.jpg

376e501013074864f54dabf81f3e86cf4b33500c.jpg

• Options
    Thanks for the update @Mmdrgntobldrgn :)
    Wishing you success in getting what you want done, done.

Am sure your Buddy will enjoy and appreciate all you've done to get gifts working. Others do too!
  • Options
    @Jessabeans Your gift has been checked and is CC free. :)

This gift turned out even better than I imagined! And ... I got a sneak peek, too. LOL
    The items from KPST are perfect for this type of build. I saw a lot of clever MOO and arrangement of decor & other items. LOVE the colors and the layout. There seems to be a little bit of something for every Sim that passes through the door to do.
  • Options
    @Jessabeans The Santa's Workshop is simply amazing, and mostly unique! I love how you used KPST, makes me really glad I got that SP! Especially now I will get to enjoy your fantastic build in its full glory!!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @Jessabeans - Wow!!! What a truly fantastic build! I love the shape, deco, and placement of everything. Your merging of toys and treats is awesome!
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn: Hey buddy. I hope this family will bring you joy.

GIFT #2

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9351182

THAGUS ENDOD
    WITCH
    MYSTIC HEALER
    ANIMAL LOVER
    FAMILY
    FRIENDLY
    GATHERER
    GENIUS

XADS ENDOD
    FRIENDLY
    GENIUS
    HUNTER

qDUSOJq.jpg
    dEzDKwM.jpg

mDnoyuX.jpg

OvqzL8n.jpg

CXNiU96.jpg

8EkJGKx.jpg

wlGE48Y.jpg

I31T0us.jpg
    :) Smile!

• Options
    @Jessabeans I'm pretty amazed at everything you thought to include in this magical build. It's all so very well done!
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top