Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Discover University Expansion Pack - Orientation video

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Shower Woohoo
    Piercings
    Keg
    Sims get on and off bikes instead of teleport like with boats
    Pranks
    Pong Table
    New Kiss that comes with Shower Woohoo

Yes I'm pretty excited.

content that i will never use in the game and preordered as well

Why wouldn't you use bikes?

bikes i will use i was making mention of pircing the shower woohoo and pranks sorry for the confusion @catloverplayer
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    Nice trailer. I was hoping to see more of the traditional education aspects behind universities like lectures, professors, study groups...
    lol I'm boring. Can't wait to learn more though!

Lol "we" are boring :p
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Some screenshots from Origin.

K1M2ojf.png
    i5lWA9u.png
    VIhetUt.png
    vJuFRBG.png

I see a mini fridge under the microwave.

There's also an orange drone next to the bed and a butler bot(?) on the other side of the bed (looks like a vacuum cleaner) and the girl has a mechanical arm.
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    Bunk beds can still come in the base game patch before this releases.
    I liked the trailer but still want to see the map and know how many lots there are and also want to know about the careers but assume that will be in another trailer specific to careers?
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    For the sake of having a full collection, I will buy this pack, but I have to admit I've never enjoyed the University packs. I attribute that to my utter distaste and boredom of schooling in real life.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I am sooooo happy to see robots!
    There goes my plan to wait for a sale to get this pack. I can't wait to find out more about robots.

This looks so promising, I hope the pack can hold up to the expectations because they are rising again, at least for me. Now all I hope is that there will be bikes for kids as well.
  • Options
    Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    I hope sims can make robots at home and not only in university. Would like to have my old scientist create a robot. But have no plans to send him to university.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I can't believe it took THIS LONG to get proper bathroom stalls in the game...We've be doing makeshift stalls with tiny rooms and normal doors for, like FIVE YEARS now...and we FINALLY have proper stalls for public toilets. Why did it take this freaking long? That should have been in the base game, and ya'll know it. And that line, "Bet you didn't see this coming?" Is that a poke at the fact that this pack's existence was revealed by data-miners almost a month before the official reveal, or a bad joke referring to how "University" was basically guaranteed because it's been a staple pack since TS2 and most simmers enjoy what this theme has to offer for YA sims...? Either way, it was neither clever nor funny. Sorry, marketing team.

Ahem! Anyway, looking forward to robotics and bikes. Really, that's the only stuff I'll be buying this pack for, since I doubt all of the social interactions and activities shown will actually be as fun and exciting as advertised. Now...Werewolves, when?
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    No bunk beds, they would have shown them in the trailer if there were any :(

True doesn't look like it :(

We don't know for sure. The trailer didn't show everything. I'm still hoping the vibrating heart bed,lip sofas and photobooth made it.

True, but I feel they would've shown that off somehow. You're right though, we might end up being surprised :)

Prehaps their saving bunk beds for the Livestream or their being patched in in November.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Some screenshots from Origin.

K1M2ojf.png
    i5lWA9u.png
    VIhetUt.png
    vJuFRBG.png

I see a mini fridge under the microwave.

There's also an orange drone next to the bed and a butler bot(?) on the other side of the bed (looks like a vacuum cleaner) and the girl has a mechanical arm.

Wow a 2nd drone. Drones came with Get Famous. They did the same with the Bonfire from Get Together and added it to Island Living.
  • Options
    janwearsbracesjanwearsbraces Posts: 53 Member
    The bicycles and robots are exciting. I guess I'm boring, too, as a couple of other people mentioned because I could care less about shower woohoo or "juice" pong (how American frat house can you get?). My first thought was: Can I combine Realm of Magic and University to finally make a functional Hogwarts? That would truly be awesome!
    Spiral staircases please!
  • Options
    The bicycles and robots are exciting. I guess I'm boring, too, as a couple of other people mentioned because I could care less about shower woohoo or "juice" pong (how American frat house can you get?). My first thought was: Can I combine Realm of Magic and University to finally make a functional Hogwarts? That would truly be awesome!

Yes. You can send a spell caster to college or send them there and let them fly on their brooms and cast spells. I don't think that you'll get any advancements in being a spellcaster by going to college though.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    The flying box near the end has me very intrigued. A type of Servo or fancy back pack.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I can't believe it took THIS LONG to get proper bathroom stalls in the game...We've be doing makeshift stalls with tiny rooms and normal doors for, like FIVE YEARS now...and we FINALLY have proper stalls for public toilets. Why did it take this freaking long? That should have been in the base game, and ya'll know it. And that line, "Bet you didn't see this coming?" Is that a poke at the fact that this pack's existence was revealed by data-miners almost a month before the official reveal, or a bad joke referring to how "University" was basically guaranteed because it's been a staple pack since TS2 and most simmers enjoy what this theme has to offer for YA sims...? Either way, it was neither clever nor funny. Sorry, marketing team.

Ahem! Anyway, looking forward to robotics and bikes. Really, that's the only stuff I'll be buying this pack for, since I doubt all of the social interactions and activities shown will actually be as fun and exciting as advertised. Now...Werewolves, when?

That was...kinda salty 😅
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited October 2019
    Looks good...so far. I'm gonna be cautious about this pack. I know its just the reveal, but I'm not quite blown away. Show me some gameplay and then we'll talk.

Though stalls and more piercings were pretty cool.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Wrenry wrote: »
    The flying box near the end has me very intrigued. A type of Servo or fancy back pack.

If you're talking about the one that looks like a vacuum cleaner, there is a bow tie symbol on the front of it. Could be a butlerbot.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Where are the bunk beds and pool tables though? The two items that I was hoping the most would be in this pack. I'm worried.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    SHOWER WOOHOO IS BACK!!!!

Finally :D

@catloverplayer is going to be beside herself!

Himself. He is male.

🤦🏼‍♀️ Oops, himself, sorry.
  • Options
    gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited October 2019
    My poor self has already entered 6 different giveaways for this. I want it soooo, so badly. I've been waiting for this since I bought the sims and the trailer makes the pack look promising.

I'm mostly curious about the world. I know the quick shots aren't really that revealing, but it looks big. I wonder if the actual universities are in their own separate "worlds" like the Get to Work career lots, though. Either way, I'm excited with what I've seen so far.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    They definitely caught my attention with the engineering and the robots. I need a lot more information still though. I'd like access to those robots without having to be at or attended university. It would go well with my mad scientist sims.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    So no bunk beds, they would have probably put them in the trailer if there were any. :( I am really sad about that.
    I see bunk beds and think kids - I don't know many adults that want to sleep on bunkbed. It such a punishment as i never see comfortable or even long enough bunk beds for any one but kids. It does not mean they won't be in the game but I would not be interested. My students need a comfy bed so they don't need as much sleep in University. To get a long enough bunk would take as much room as a twin bed which are comfortable. My money goes on the twin beds.

@Writin_Reg On my second cruise I had to sleep on a loft bed and I literally had to use a desk to climb up the ladder. bunkbeds are sometimes used in youth hostels.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Now we just have to wait and see what isn't included and what's locked to the world. I'm not hopping on any train just yet.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member

I am also mainly interested in robots and bycicles and couldn't care less for new woohoo locations. I am really curious about where we can build robots and what options we will get to customise them.
    A Hogwarts type of university sounds interesting as well.
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    Can children ride bikes?
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited October 2019
    Can children ride bikes?

I honestly wouldn't expect them to. They don't seem to give children much at all to do these days, so I'm not staking anything on that. It's definitely something they SHOULD include, but this is the era of sims we're in - children get nothing.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---